Pokemon Fan Fiction ❯ Just to Satisfy ❯ Visiting ( Chapter 15 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not claim any of the Pokemon characters used in this chapter, because they are all property of Satoshi Tajiri and I haven't stolen the rights from him yet. I bet he has people try that all the time, actually; probably has to have bodyguards and stuff.
 
 
.
 
 
Kitty yawned, revealing her neat pearly fangs and pink tongue as she stretched like a lethargic feline before shaking the remaining drowsiness from her thoughts as she looked at her partner in concern. “What's wrong, Sakura?” The venusaur had come seeking solace, and she was prepared to give her a shoulder to lean against-metaphorically-and an ear to talk into falling off. “Come on, you can talk to me.” She rested on her haunches as she waited for the grass-type to spill the beans, summoning all of the patience she had honed dealing with Gengar to let her speak her mind when she was ready. Wow, he was actually useful for something. That's weird.
 
“I . . . well . . .” Sakura sighed and lowered her body to rest on the ground, preparing herself for a difficult talk. “I feel really bad about asking this, but . . . do you think I could leave for a bit?”
 
The umbreon didn't hesitate in reassuring her friend. “Of course! If you need to do something, I don't mind.” Curiosity got the better of her, though, and she carefully asked, “Would you care to elaborate on that . . . ?”
 
The look on Sakura's face could best be described as intensely guilt ridden as she bit her lip and avoided her gaze. “Well, it's been a long time, and . . . I thought it'd be a good time to go . . . visit my folks.”
 
“. . . Oh.” The reason for the venusaur's reluctance became clear, and so Kitty forced herself to put on a cheery smile for her friend's benefit. “Sure, Sakura. I wouldn't dare keep you away from your family. You didn't really have to ask, you know . . .”
 
“I know, but I didn't want you thinking . . . well.” Letting out a relieved sigh that ruffled the umbreon's fur, the grass-type finally smiled and told her, “Thank you so much, Kitty. I didn't want to ask you about it, but it's been almost a year . . .”
 
“No, I understand!” She smiled at a distant memory, her eyes glazing over in her reminiscing as she mumbled distractedly, “I know how parents can be when they're worrying about their kid.” Taking a moment to remember her own parents, she quickly banished their images from her mind as she nodded in confirmation of her decision. “Yep. Don't worry about me, Sakura; I'll keep the team running while you're gone!”
 
“Heehee, I wonder how you'll be able to manage, with only half a brain!” Enduring the slap of her tail with a giggle, the venusaur stood up and lightly pushed her with a vine before turning towards the door to leave her be for the night. Before she left, however, she turned to stare at her friend with grateful tears shining in her eyes. “Thank you,” she whispered before stepping out the door, leaving the fox to her thoughts in the darkness.
 
Kitty smiled at her friend's happiness before it was swallowed by the reminder that she couldn't do the same. There's no way that I can just hop across dimensions or worlds and pop in to say “hi”-I don't even think I could change back into a human. The corners of her mouth dropped into a deep frown as tears pricked at her eyes, and she quickly wiped them away with a paw before returning to her straw bed and tried to sleep as the ghosts of the past and the impossibilities of the future haunted her into her dreams.
 
 
.
 
 
Theme: Seeking Solace
 
Lots of dragon-y love (and cookies!),
~DL (“Dragon Lover”)