Pokemon Fan Fiction ❯ Just to Satisfy ❯ Craving ( Chapter 24 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not claim any of the Pokemon characters used in this chapter, because they are all property of Satoshi Tajiri and I haven't stolen the rights from him yet. I bet he has people try that all the time, actually; probably has to have bodyguards and stuff.
 
 
.
 
 
As Kitty tried to push away her exhaustion one morning, she decided there was something she hadn't had in a long time and needed badly: Tea. She figured coffee was out of the question, and so she inquired in town on where to get some tea bags or something similar only to receive blank stares. Frustrated that she couldn't get a simple drink, she decided to try asking Sakura since she was, after all, a venusaur. She had to know something about tea and leaves and such, right?
 
“Uh, why would you put leaves into water?”
 
The umbreon sighed heavily, defeat slumping her shoulders. “Never mind . . .” Walking dejectedly back to town, she didn't even stir when Gengar started to bother her again, something that seemed to completely baffle him. When he finally stopped to ask what her problem was, she heaved another sigh and muttered sourly, “No one knows how to make a simple cup of tea. I'm sick and tired of just water!” Going from depressed to frustrated in a millisecond, she fumed silently for a moment before the clearing of a throat brought her attention back to the ghost. She furrowed her eyebrows and snapped, “What?” She wasn't in the mood for his flirting-not that she ever was.
 
Raising an eyebrow at her hostility, Gengar calmly replied, “Craving tea, huh?” When she perked up hopefully at his familiarity with the subject, he grinned and motioned for her to follow him, looking pleased when she did so without hesitation. The want for tea overrode any doubts or inhibitions she had around him, and she bounced eagerly on her feet when he stopped to grab some berries from storage. She ignored the strange look she received from Kangaskhan as she trailed after the ghost, unable to contain her enthusiasm at the thought of finally getting a hold of some tea. Gengar, you've just become my new best friend. Oh, man . . . tea! Finally!
 
Growing impatient as he pulled a cup from his pack and dropped a few berry leaves into it, she prodded his side with her tail as her eyes sparkled with enthusiasm. “Come on, come on, come on! What's taking you so long?”
 
“Hold your horses! Sheesh!” Earning her silence for now, he filled the cup with water from the stream to the west of town before once more taking to the path in search of something else. When he caught sight of Team A.C.T., his smirk reappeared and he strolled confidently up to them, ignoring their hostility when they noticed his approach and motioning towards Charizard. “Kekeh, I'll have to borrow your tail,” he demanded boldly, pointing to the umbreon beside him nearly bursting with impatience. “It's an emergency, I'm afraid.”
 
“Err . . . okay?” Perplexed by the strange request and unexpected duo before him, he shifted his tail over to them and watched inquisitively as Gengar carefully brought the cup to the flame to heat the water inside. When it began to steam and a rich brown color seeped from the leaves into the water, he then placed it before Kitty and crossed his arms victoriously at her unbridled joy. Taking a whiff of the cup and relishing the sweet, earthy aroma, she felt something revive inside of her that she hadn't realized was missing. Oh my God, if I had arms, I'd hug him right now. And Charizard. Hell, I'd hug everybody here! Her merry rebirth was cut short, however, when she approached a dilemma, one that was voiced by a curious and ignorant Tyranitar.
 
“Uh, how're you gonna drink it?”
 
Gengar rolled his eyes at her moan of despair. “Drama queen. I'll go get a bowl or something.”
 
 
.
 
 
Theme: Rebirth
 
Lots of dragon-y love (and cookies!),
~DL (“Dragon Lover”)