Pokemon Fan Fiction ❯ Just to Satisfy ❯ Tea Fix ( Chapter 30 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not claim any of the Pokemon characters used in this chapter, because they are all property of Satoshi Tajiri and I haven't stolen the rights from him yet. I bet he has people try that all the time, actually; probably has to have bodyguards and stuff.
 
 
.
 
 
“No way!”
 
Gengar grinned at her incredulous expression as they sat on the roof, as if enjoying her doubt. “Kekeh, I'm dead serious. That's how I found out she could use flamethrower.” He had just finished recounting the tale to her, ignorant of his teammate's snooping, and even when he said it aloud, it sounded strange. He had just walked up to the storage hut, intent on getting more berries for the next time he required them, when she had inquired about him coming so late in the day. While Kitty knew the basics of the exchange, however, there were some things he didn't tell her about the conversation he had had with Kangaskhan.
 
“Are you going on a mission this late, dearie?”
 
“Kekeh, no. He waved away her questions with a flippant claw, explaining, “I'm just getting ready the next time Kitty has a tea fix.”
 
“Oh,” and a knowing smile came onto the motherly pokemon's face, “I heard about that. How'd you learn how to do that, anyways?”
 
Some teams came passing through,” he quickly answered, still confident as ever as she retrieved the berries he asked for.
 
“Is that so?” At his nod of confirmation, she hummed in interest and paused in giving him a handful of mago berries as she thought over something. “So, you knew exactly what kind of tea she'd like? Didn't think you two were such good friends.”
 
He shook his head at her statement, wanting to make it clear that he still wasn't exactly friends with Kitty. “No, but I figured I knew where to start. Eventually, I can narrow it down to what she likes and doesn't like.”
 
“Mhm.” Kangaskhan raised an eyebrow curiously, and she ventured, “So, dearie, does that mean you care about her? Even just a little bit?” By the way he stiffened suddenly, she figured he didn't appreciate the questioning now that it hit an uncomfortable subject, and she waved away her own curiosity with a dismissive claw. “I'm sorry, I didn't mean to pry. I can't help but wonder what's come over you, though, dear. You've been so different ever since Team Foxfire came back from the clouds and Kitty decided not to leave us.”
 
“Leave her partner,” he corrected with a mumble, and then he turned a suspicious glare towards the normal-type's kind smile, searching for a hint of some evil plot behind her maternal façade. Geh. What makes you think,” he finally asked, “that I care about her, anyways?”
 
Her smile held the knowledge she had collected over many years in the world, and he suddenly wasn't so sure of how safe his secrets were anymore. “Oh, it's nothing, really. I guess you could say . . . it's faith.” At his confused frown, her smile grew a bit warmer and amused, as if he was a simple child-and compared to her, he probably was. Yes, Gengar, despite everything you've done, I still have faith in you. I'm an excellent judge of character, and, like the day I noticed Kitty wasn't just your average pokemon, I can see that you're not all you seem to be. But don't worry,” she winked playfully to dispel the tension that had fallen between them, “I won't tell anyone. I'll wait for you to tell others of your own accord. Now, pecha or sitrus?”
 
“U-ugeh, pecha.”
 
“Oh, sweet, huh?” After a moment of thought, she told him, “You know, I think sweet would taste better hot than cold. But I could help you with either-TMs don't just help rescuers, after all.”
 
 
.
 
 
Theme: Faith
 
Lots of dragon-y love (and cookies!),
~DL (“Dragon Lover”)