Pokemon Fan Fiction ❯ Nocturne ❯ Chapter 4

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Whee! Another Chapter!
Disclaimer: Pokemon belongs to Nintendo and Shogakukan Comics. This non-profit, non-copyright infringing fanfiction belongs to me under international copyright laws and taking it is plagiarism. Thank you. *Phantomness bows*
Notes: <> for telepathy, ** for thoughts, italics if a pokemon talks
Chapter 4
 
Time…
Time is useless to a guardian. Either we live for eternity or we die right off the bat, almost. There's a kind of all-or-nothing deal…
It's not quite fair, but we don't expect fairness - at least I don't. I do my duty, and I get rewarded for it, sometimes.
I want him, yes, and perhaps some of my other relatives and lesser masters to stay safe, but that's it. Am I selfish for thinking so? I do not think that way.
I'm expected to die for many things. I just make the most of life while I have it. Life is short and unpredictable after all… so no, I'm not being selfish, not at all…
I'm tired…
 
Well, perhaps I'm not. I just feel, I don't know, aged past my years. All this knowledge and power…
No wonder legendaries seem so old.
They don't quite get reborn like we do, they can live for eternity if not hurt…ah well…C'est la vie
It's interesting, life, sometimes. I don't mind being a girl, really, but it's so much easier as a boy. I don't act prissy and girly in any case. Yech.
Tired… why do I feel so tired?
It must be something I'm not thinking about clearly… no matter. Why should I bother thinking about these things now?
He's warm and plaint and perfect in my arms, and he loves me. Guilelessly, naïve, ah, if only he knew.
But he knows well the darkness I hide, and he doesn't care.
That's what I like best.
I'll come home tired and ready to blast the world to pieces just for all the idiots in Kanto, and he's smile and try to cheer me up and make me dinner, and even though his food might not be anywhere near gourmet or even edible it's the thought that counts!
He'll smile and hug me and drag me off and get me to play with him and of course I'll smile and that helps me forget about duty for a few moments.
He lets me forget. When I'm with him, sometimes, I can pretend I'm just normal. Normality for guardians is like an illusion though. We're far from normal.
 
I like pokemon, and I want to keep them safe, but I don't mind causing destruction to do it. People may condemn me for that, but it's my act to play. Charlotte - fire guardian, phoenix, and power is to create birth and rebirth. She can build new worlds with a thought, almost. That's her special ability, so she creates worlds of fantasy to hide from reality, but she does her duty like a good guardian. I respect her, that's all.
I'm not jealous. Ash sometimes plays with her, remembers her in a few lives, but they're siblings in a way, similar in their idiocy, almost, and I don't begrudge her that.
He's in my arms and his life is mine and we both know it.
Me… my power lies in Destruction. And Ash? He's the catalyst. We know. We're modeled after the first three legendaries.
Creator. Change. Destroyer.
One to create, one to change - to cause changes, and one to destroy… and Ash can cause change well. It's his nature to. I'd do anything for him, and so would she. We would both die for him. And that's the way it's meant to be.
And when I love him so much, death is no price to pay after all, even in death, I can often watch and guide and love him, even if we can't touch.
It's wonderful just being with him…
 
Time flies so fast when you don't think about it, and when the time to strike comes I marvel at how fast….
No matter. We've had our lives; we've had time to play. So let' s begin the teeter dance again.
 
End Chapter
I know, short chapter
Completed 7/21/05