Pokemon Fan Fiction ❯ Pok'emon Gaiden ❯ chapter 4 ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

“Everybody stay calm!” Officer Jenny called, rushing from one of the squad cars followed by other officers as they ran past Alex who stood in the very same pose he was in when he defeated Steelix.
 
“Alex!” Vince cried, running to his partner.
 
“We got two casualties in here!” an officer called from the centre.
 
“Search the building and arrest those men!” Jenny ordered, pointing at the two Silex members on the floor.
 
“Alex! Hey! Hey Alex!” Vince called, kneeing in front of him snapping his fingers in front of his partners face.
 
“It's a mental lockdown.” Magmar's trainer said, walking up to Vince.
 
“A, a what?” Vince panicked.
 
“A mental lockdown.” She replied. “It's rare but sometimes if a psychic Pok'emon over exhausts there telekinetic energies in a body too limited evolution wise then the Pok'emon has a risk of sending themselves into a coma… I can help but you need to do as I say.” she replied.
 
“If you can help Alex then I will do anything you want.”
 
“You can owe me for the favour.” The trainer replied. “My names Holly by the way.”
 
“I'm Vincent.” Vince announced. “How can you help Alex?”
 
“I can't but one of my Pok'emon can.” Blaze answered, tossing a poke ball out revealing a Gardivoir.
 
“Gardivoir this Pok'emon has suffered a mental lockdown, I need you to go into his mind and assist him.”
 
“Assist him?” Vince inquired, confused.
 
“Alex is now undergoing the hardest test a psychic type could ever undergo.” Blaze replied. “If Alex can fully control his powers from within his mind then he will regain his body and his psychic skill will improve exponentially if he can't control his powers however his brain will shut down and he will become a vegetable for the rest of his life.”
 
“How long does he have?” Vince asked, grimly.”
 
“Three days.” Blaze replied. “Also instead of 16 hours a day if he's not comatose he will end up sleeping 21 hours a day in his Abra form. He has far too much psychic energy, even if he were to evolve he would suffer terrible migraines but if he was to achieve a full evolution well Alakazam posses an IQ of over five thousand. I believe if Alex were to evolve he would become dangerously powerful.”
 
“What are you saying?” Vincent cried.
 
“I'm saying if Alex recovers and becomes too powerful he may have to be
euthanized.”
 
“No! I won't let that happen!” Vince yelled. “I saved Alex from death once and I'll do it again! He's my partner, we're going to take down team Silex were going to make the world a better place for Pok'emon! Stay away from us!”
 
“You idiot! Don't you know he could become a monster, twisted with power? He will kill you!”
 
“And you will have to kill me to get to him!” Vince snarled, standing before Blaze with fire in his eyes.
 
Blaze grunted and turned away.
 
“Team Silex is only the beginning you know.” She replied, walking away. “Other Pok'emon gangs will rise. Will you be there to take them all out?” She asked as she returned Gardivoir and began her walk to the next town.
 
Vince gritted his teeth as he fell to the floor on his knees and punched the ground. “I won't give up on you Alex, you're my partner. I wont give up.”
 
“Hey kid.” Silex 1 cried as he was being shoved into the back of a squad car. “See you real soon!” He laughed.
 
Vincent bit his tongue, glaring at the Silex member. “Damn it all!” He growled, picking up Alex in his arms and carrying him away from the scene.
 
“No! Ohh god no! Please Ohh God! Sister, get up!” Joy screamed as she cradled her younger sisters corpse in her arms.
 
“We found her passed out on one of the beds away from the incident.” A policeman whispered to Jenny as Vince recalled Joy passing out at the sound of the first gunshot.
 
“I've ruined that woman's life already.” Vince spoke to himself as he walked away from Canclave. “I truly am a demon.”
 
-
 
“That stupid kid!” Blaze growled to herself as she walked in the direction of the lake, throwing a Poke ball out to the coast releasing her Tentacrule into the water.
 
“I need a lift Tentacrule.” The trainer requested hopping onto her Pok'emon's back. “OK lets get to shore quickly, I don't want to be up all night looking for a Pok'emon centre and I really don't want to camp outside tonight.”
 
Tentacrule gave an understanding growl as Blaze's mobile phone went off in her pocket.
 
“What now?” She grumbled, fishing around in her jacket for the phone and putting it to her ear.
 
“Bebe, what is it?” Blaze asked, lazily.
 
“Just to let you know Blaze, Roark's gym is closed he was attacked by team Silex. They're using him as a bargaining chip for the towns Pok'emon. There holed up in Pok'emon tower.”
 
“What are the police doing about it?” Blaze asked, with concern.
 
“Three officer's dead another four injured. It seems they have snipers in the tower and they have already killed several Pok'emon, it looks like that creepy Pok'ephile group gave them shelter in return for a few freebies.”
 
“Damnit all! I don't have a Pok'emon that knows fly.”
 
“I know.” Bebe replied. “My database holds all the info I need so I took the liberty of sending a friend.”
 
“A friend?” Blaze questioned.
 
“Don't worry he's a ranger, his name is Tassadar he should be in Canclave about now.” Bebe reassured as a Fearow swooped down and landed at the bank of the lake.
 
“I got to go Bebe I'll look into team Silex now.”
 
“I know.” Bebe replied. “I wouldn't have contacted you if I didn't think you could handle it easily.”
 
Blaze smirked before closing her phone and hopping back onto the bank returning her Tentacrule.
 
Tassadar jumped from the Fearow to the ground dressed in the usual ranger attire.
 
“Tassadar I presume.” Blaze asked, walking up to the older teen.
 
“I heard team Silex was up to some sick shit so I told Bebe I'd help out, get on.”
 
“Right.” Blaze replied. “Let's hurry.”
 
“Surly there's room for two more.” Vince said, coming up from behind.
 
“He with you?” Tassadar asked as he climbed back onto his Fearow and helped Blaze up.
 
“No and he's not coming his only Pok'emon is in mental lockdown.”
 
“He's not my Pok'emon, he's my partner.” Vince scowled. “What kind of partner would I be if I didn't keep my promise?”
 
“You think you can take down team Silex without Alex?” Blaze spat.
 
“I come from a violent island, I can fight.” Vince replied.
 
“Stop bitching an get moving before another casualty.” Tassadar spoke, cross-legged hanging his head in frustration.
 
Vince leapt up to the Fearow's back returning Alex to his Poke ball briefly.
 
“Steve fast as you can to Pok'emon tower but don't fly too close we don't want to get shot down.”
 
Steve squawked in acknowledgment before taking off with his powerful wings.
 
“Hang on you two if you fall I'm not going back to pick you up.”
 
“Such a gentleman.” Blaze replied, sarcastically.
 
“I didn't become a ranger for my manners kid.” Tassadar replied as Steve flew them through the sky.
 
“My name is Blaze.” She replied. “And I'm not a kid! I'm fourteen.”
 
“Still a child in my eyes.” Tassadar replied, without even looking in her direction.
 
“How old are you then MR high and mighty?” she sneered.
 
“I'm nineteen if you must know.” Tassadar replied. “And I'll call you what I like.”
 
“There's the tower.” Vincent spoke, changing the subject.
 
“Alright Steve, land at the day care centre.” Tassadar commanded.
 
“Hey kid.” Tassadar said turning to Vincent. “Your Abra is in mental lockdown right?”
 
“That's what I've been told.” Vince replied as Steve swooped in to a landing.
 
“Take this and keep it with him.” Tassadar said handing him a mind plate from his bag. “It will help your partner, trust me.”
 
Vincent nodded taking the plate and releasing Alex resting the plate in Alex's arms.
 
“Give him to my grandparents.” Tassadar replied. “They run the day care centre if you can help, a comatose Pok'emon will only slow you down.
 
“I know he will be fine.” Vince replied as he walked into through the door. “We made a promise.”
 
“Steve, come back.” Tassadar said, returning his Pok'emon to his Poke ball.
 
“OK Blaze let's see what your made of…” Tassadar spoke before he noticed her running toward the tower.
 
“That idiot!” Tassadar hissed, chasing after her rugby tacking her to the ground as a sniper bullet whizzed past her ear and caught Tassadar in the shoulder.
 
“How can they see us?” Blaze screamed, crouching on the floor with her hands over her head, her eyes clamped shut terrified.
 
“Shut up!” Tassadar growled, grasping his shoulder in pain. “They have night vision scopes. Aghhh! Damnit!”
 
Blaze began to tremble. “Ohh my God are you aright?” She panicked, noticing the blood trickling down his shoulder.
 
“No I'm not fucking OK.” Tassadar gritted his teeth. “Haven't you ever done this before? Bebe told me you could handle yourself!”
 
“I've never gone against people with guns before!” Blaze cried.
 
“Your going to get yourself killed like that! I just hope your boyfriend is smarter.”
 
“I don't think so.” Blaze replied trembling, Tassadar comment going over her head as she stared at Vince walking toward the tower.
 
BLAM!
 
“Son of a bitch!” Tassadar yelled, as he looked around at Vince who was still calmly walking to the tower.
 
“Looks like the sniper missed but what is he playing at?”

BLAM!
 
Vince smirked as the bullets flew past his body. *Keep it up Alex.* Vince thought.
 
“How is that possible?” Blaze asked, her heart beating rapidly.
 
“That Abra he had with him. When did he go into mental lockdown?” Tassadar asked calmly.
 
“Wha what?” Blaze asked, unable to think straight.
 
“Just answer the damn question.”
 
“About an hour ago.” Blaze replied. “Why?”
 
“I gave him that mind plate but I didn't think it would have that much of an effect.”
 
“You mean Alex is back already?” Blaze asked shocked.
 
“No there's something not right. He must be comatose still but the mind plate must have helped Alex to focus his overwhelming psychic powers. It wouldn't work if it was another Pok'emon Abra's can use there abilities in there sleep. Even while Alex is going though his mental lockdown he's subconsciously protecting that kid!”
 
“But that's impossible!”
 
“Get that kid out of there!” The captain of the police demanded as one officer went to tackle Vincent to the ground, he was thrown in the opposite direction via a hidden force.
 
“Leave me be!” Vince yelled at the police as he walked through the crowd closing in on the entrance of the tower.
 
“Boss we have a problem!” A Silex member informed, rushing to the top floor to where Raine, their captain was.
 
Raine brushed his fingers through his thick blue hair with a calm smile on his face.
 
“Report.” he replied, adjusting his yellow tinted glasses, without glancing at the common Silex member
 
“U umm I'm sorry Sir but it seems a child has made it into the tower.”
 
“Is he armed?” Raine asked, his peaceful smile never leaving his lips as he draped his pale blue trench coat over his naked shoulders adjusting the belt on his blue jeans.
 
“No sir and no Pok'emon either but we can't shoot him!”
 
“And why not?” Raine asked playfully turning his head to the Silex member.
 
“W we don't know sir we are shooting but it's just impossible to hit him one of our clients even tried stabbing him in the chest but the thrust always missed! What do we do?”
 
“What indeed.” Raine chuckled. “This seems interesting, I shall deal with this child just make sure our clients are unharmed. We don't want to seem irresponsible do we? It's bad for business.”
 
“This is an alert to all Silex employees evacuate to the top floor. Sir Raine will take care of the intruder problem.”