Pokemon Fan Fiction ❯ Pokemon-Episode 1:Affair with the Gang ❯ Prologue ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Prologue
 
The sun rose over the peak of Mt. Chimney. A young man clad in red ran through the rocky terrain and stopped in front of what appeared to be a wall of rock. "The supreme one will awaken soon," he said. A large door appeared in the wall and the young man walked into the hideout of Team Magma. He went up to an elderly man also clad in red. "Maxie, the preperations are complete. Groudon has been discovered in the Cave of Origin. With the new pokeball that the development team created, we should be able to catch it without fail."
"Good work, Larrie. Now we just need one more thing before we can wake Groudon."
"What's that sir?"
"The blue orb, a magical sphere that resides on Mt. Pyre. With it, nothing can stand in our way of getting Groudon and creating more land for people and Pokemon to live."
"I have some bad news, sir. It appears two old people guard the orb, and they have very strong Pokemon, much more superior to us."
"Yes, a goon like you would have no hope of ever defeating those people. That's why I have decided to go and take it. They may be strong, but my Pokemon are stronger. They wil have no chance of defeating me. Now go. Tell the development team to bring me the pokeball."
"Yes sir." Larrie ran off and Maxie sat on a chair. "Once we have that orb and take it to the Cave of Origin, Groudon will awaken," he muttered to himself, "and we will finally be able to fulfill our dream of making the world better by shrinking the seas and expanding the land mass. There is one more thing. That silly fortune teller told me that one day, a young boy will challenge me and defeat me. But who? She also said that the boy was already an experienced trainer. I must send my goons to search for this boy." Larrie ran back into the room. "Sir, the pokeball has arrived. It is the size of a regular pokeball. Are you sure it can capture Groudon?"
"Larrie, this isn't just a pokeball. It is a master ball. It can catch ANY Pokemon without fail. It will catch Groudon."
"Forgive my doubts, sir."
"Leave me. I need to think."
"Yes, sir." Larrie left and Maxie ordered his right hand woman, Tabitha, to come. Tabitha entered the room.
"Yes, Maxie. What is it?"
"Tabitha, you have been my most trusted friend ever since the forming of Team Magma. I need to tell you something. A fortune teller has informed me of a boy, a young boy, about seventeen, who would disband us. I need you to order everyone to search for this young boy. Tell them to battle every male trainer they come across. We will find this boy and persuade him to join us, that way, he won't be able to disband us. Now go."
"Maxie, a seventeen year old, disbanding us? That fortune teller is crazy."
"Still, I can't help but shake the feeling that it will come true. Now go."
"Yes, Maxie. As you wish." Tabitha left and Maxie exited the hideout. He started heading towards Mt. Pyre to fetch the orb.