Pokemon Fan Fiction ❯ Pokemon Heroes ❯ Round 2 ( Chapter 7 )

[ A - All Readers ]

The three had stayed the night at the Pokemon Center, Jesse getting a special room just in case. The following morning, Kammy was the first one awake, instantly recharged, and ready to go.
 
“Today's the day I win my first badge!” She screamed to the heavens, waking up a still groggy Samantha. “Well good morning to you too, Kammy” She said, rubbing her eyes “Don't you think it would be a good idea for us to go and check on Jesse?” Kammy stopped, silent for a moment, thinking to herself `Yeah, I guess that would be a good idea. I can't believe I didn't even think about him…'
“Alright, lets go” Kammy told Samantha. They walked to the back to the hospital rooms, where normally injured Pokemon are kept, but a special place was made for Jesse. By his bedside, they found Nurse Joy, checking up on him. “Nurse Joy” Kammy said quietly “I-Is he going to be okay?” Nurse Joy turned to them and smiled “Your friends going to be fine. He should be waking up soon” Sure enough, as soon as she had said that, Jesse began to stir, sitting himself up on the bed. “Hey guys” He said, barley awake. “Hi Jesse” Samantha responded, “Did you sleep well?”
“You bet” Jesse said, grinning brightly. “Its weird, you know…” Kammy said quietly. Samantha and Jesse looked at her instantly “What are you talking about, Kammy?” Jesse asked her. “I was just thinking” She began “We thought Jr. Team Rocket was simply a minor threat. But now we see that they have a headquarters, maybe even more than just that one, and they have some elaborate plan. Do you think… we should be worried about it?” There was a long silence, until it was broken by Jesse's cheerful outburst “Of course not! We've beaten them before, and if they try anything, we can beat them again! We just have to have faith in ourselves!” Samantha, and soon afterward, Kammy too, grinned back at him.
 
Soon after they were ready, they all left the Pokemon Center headed for the Pewter City gym. All three of them stood in front of the Pewter City gym. “So Kammy, are you ready?” Jesse asked, breaking the long silence. “Of course. Lets go!” Kammy said, bursting into the Pewter City gym, leaving Jesse and Samantha to follow.
 
Once inside, a voice instantly spoke “So, you're back. Are you ready?” This voice belonged to Brock, the Pewter City Gym Leader. “Of course” Kammy replied, “Did you think I was going to just give up?”
“Do you think…” Samantha said softly, somewhat aimed at Jesse, but mostly to herself “that Kammy's strong enough to beat Brock? Even after that training?”
“I don't know. I guess we're about to find out. Either way, we can always hope for the best!” Jesse smiled.
 
“Okay, let's get started. This will be a three Pokemon each-” The referee began, but was interrupted by Brock “Let's make this more interesting. How about a sudden death, one Pokemon each battle?”
“Fine by me” Kammy agreed. “Okay, begin!”
“Go, Onix!” Brock yelled, tossing a Pokeball onto the field. “Go Flare!” Kammy yelled, doing the same. Both the large rock snake Onix, and the orange fire lizard Flare stared each other down, ready for battle. “Okay Onix, try using a Tackle attack!” Onix obeyed, charging full speed at the Charmander. “Okay Flare, dodge and use Scratch!” Flare managed to move out of the way, but it seemed that his scratch attack had no effect on the Onix. “Okay Onix, lets try our new move out. Iron Tail!” Onix's tail glowed a bright, silver color, and swung at Flare, striking it in its stomach. Flare fell, and was slow getting back up. “What can she do?” Jesse wondered, “Normal attacks like Scratch and Fire attacks like Ember can't hurt Rock-type Pokemon like Onix”
“There is one thing she can do” Brock said, “She can simply give up and walk away”.
“NEVER! Flare, use-” Kammy was interrupted by a loud explosion. The whole arena quickly filled with smoke. “Ha! We're back!” Two familiar voices screamed from above them. “It's the Jr. Team Rocket again,” Jesse said, with slight fear in his voice. “That's right! Go, Squirtle!” Jimmy threw his Pokeball down to the ground, while descending from the hole they had now placed in the Gym roof. “Go, Rattata!” Allison yelled, following Jimmy.
 
“Guys we have to battle them” Samantha yelled “Go, Aria” She threw her Pokeball, and out of it came her Hoothoot. “Alright Flare, lets go! Use Ember!” The Charmander spit small flames at the Rattata “Aria, use Hypnosis on Squirtle!” Hoothoot's eyes glowed a bright red, making Squirtle drowsy, but not quite putting it asleep. “Don't fall for it, Squirtle! Use Water Gun!” Squirtle shot a stream of water at the Hoothoot, knocking it across the gym. “Aria, are you okay? Return!” In a red beam of light, Aria had returned to its Pokeball. “Jesse, snap out of it! I know you've had a traumatic experience with these people, but you have to battle!” Jesse continued to simply stand there, thinking `S-She's right. The only way I'll ever overcome this fear is by facing it!'
“Okay, go Staryu!” Jesse said, throwing his Pokeball onto the field, causing the Staryu to appear “Use Water Gun on Rattata!” From its top tip, Staryu shot a stream of water at the tiny rat Pokemon, knocking it backwards. “Okay Rattata, use Bite on that Staryu” Allison commanded. “And Squirtle, use Water Gun on that Charmander” Jimmy said to his Pokemon. The turtle Pokemon shot a burst of water at the Charmander, while Rattata jumped at Staryu, fangs showing. “Staryu, move and use Rapid Spin!” Staryu did just as Jesse commanded, jumping out of the way, then began to spin violently, tackling into Rattata. “Flare, dodge, then Scratch!” The Charmander jumped, then slashed at the turtle with its claws. The Squirtle fell backwards on its back. “Okay, Onix, lets end this already. Use Iron Tail on Rattata and Squirtle!” Brock's Onix's tail glowed bright silver again, and collided with Squirtle, Rattata, Jimmy, and Allison, sending them all threw the hole in the roof they came from. “I can't believe we lost again!” Jimmy yelled as they flew off into the distance.
 
A few moments later, Kammy said to Brock “Look, I'll have to come back for a rematch later. Flare is far too weak to try and battle again”
“No need” Brock said, smiling for the first time since they had seen him “You've proven to me that you are worthy enough to have this” Brock presented her with the Boulder Badge, a badge shaped like a small rock. “You've earned it, they way you and your boyfriend fought against those two” Kammy and Jesse quickly glanced at each other, then yelled, “WE'RE NOT DATING!” Brock however, just laughed “You remind me so much of your parents” Kammy stared at him curiously, but didn't say anything.
 
After the left the Pewter City gym, they stopped back at the Pokemon center. Kammy had called her mom to let her know that she won her first badge. Afterward, they had a meeting to decide what to do next. “I hear the next gym is the Cerulean Gym” Samantha told them, staring at a map. “CERULEAN!” Jesse and Kammy yelled at the same time “I've always wanted to visit the Cerulean gym! I hear it's the ultimate gym for water Pokemon” Jesse continued, followed by Kammy “Cerulean was where my Mother was born and raised. We just have to leave right away!” Kammy ran off, headed to the road that would lead them there. Jesse, feeling no need to disagree, followed right behind her. Samantha sighed, and slowly followed behind them.