Pokemon Fan Fiction ❯ Pokemon Quest ❯ The Plan to Destroy Team Advent ( Chapter 22 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Pokemon Quest
 
Anna glared at the man before her suspiciously, another rare sight. Her hatred of Team Advent was certainly strong. She felt emotions around them that were almost unheard of in her world: Hatred, anger and spite.
 
“Why do you look so angry?” Varen asked, “You should be happy to see me.”
 
“Why should I be glad to see you?” the girl retorted, “You are a despicable man who steals Pokemon! That isn't right!”
 
Varen sighed and rested an arm on her shoulder saying, “Look, Anna, I do not wish to fight you. It seems you've forgotten over the years who I am. Does the name Varen ring a bell?”
 
Anna blinked and just stared at him. Clearly the name rang no bells in her head. Varen sighed and walked over to his desk, pulling out a photo.
 
“Anna, have you ever wondered about the mother you grew up with?” he asked as Anna shook her head saying, “I already know she's not my real mom. Nothing about her physical appearance matches me in the slightest. But I'm sure my real mom must have been a nice person.”
 
“That she was,” Varen replied, Anna looking a little shocked after hearing that, “She and I had a great relationship. You have her hair.”
 
“You were friends with my mom?” she remarked as the man shook his head replying, “I wasn't just friends with her. I was married to her.”
 
Anna's eyes went wide as she backed up into a corner. As mentioned, to see so much fear and terror in her expression was a very rare sight, but can you really blame her? She had just heard that she was the daughter of Team Advent's leader.
 
“You're lying,” she said as the man showed her the photo and all doubt of his words left the girl's mind. The photo showed Anna when she was only three. A beautiful young woman with long green hair was in the photo holding up Anna. Sarah, who was five at the time, was standing next to a younger Varen and all four stood together for a family photo.
 
“No, this isn't true,” she sniffed as the man sighed, “You can deny it all you want, but the proof is in the pudding, or in this case the photograph. Your mother died from a terminal disease when you were only six, so I had you and Sarah adopted to another woman knowing I lacked the parenting skills to raise you myself.”
 
Anna let down tears for the first time in years and asked, “Sarah was older than me. She should have known.”
 
“Yes,” Varen replied with a grimace, “I guess she didn't remind you because she knew the truth would hurt you too much. But see, I'm not really evil. I'm just misunderstood.”
 
Perona had been listening to this conversation the whole time and was bewildered by what she just heard. Even she couldn't believe it, but the man had photogenic proof. Perona wouldn't have even guessed that he'd been married at a time, let alone being the father of a gym leader and her younger sister.
 
“What do you mean misunderstood?” Anna remarked, feeling very untrusting, which was also rare for her as the man continued, “Do you want to know why I plan to take over the world? It is because our current leaders don't know how to take care of the world. I tried becoming a world leader legally, but they turned me down, so I have to use force. You see, I intend to make this world better for humans and Pokemon alike! I want to improve the world, not ruin it!”
 
Anna's eyes sparkled as a smile came over her face. She saw the sincerity in the man's eyes and just felt that he was telling the truth. But Perona knew better. She knew that what Varen had just said was a lie. Varen's plan had always been to enslave humanity and luckily for him, he was expert on faking sincerity, so it was always hard to tell when he was lying.
 
Anna gave the man the hug he had been waiting for and said, “Daddy, I'm so sorry I mistook you for a bad guy! I want to help make the world better!”
 
“Yes,” Varen replied petting her head, “Remember, you should never be afraid to step over those who try to stop you for they are the ones who won't listen to reason. Anna, with your help, I'll be sure to fulfill my wish of a better world.”
 
Then he stood up with Anna by his side and said, “Come. I want to show you something.”
 
The gym leaders were still outside the base undergoing mission briefing. It was official. Sarah and Aragon would break in from the roof as Aragon had flying Pokemon to make that possible while Sarah's Pokemon could break a hole in the roof with ease. Derk and Marcy would go in through the front door as they could easily burst their way through enemies. Their main job, however, was to find Team Advent's mind control machine and dismantle it. Finally, Veronica and Jonathan would take out the guards watching outside the windows. Apparently, these two were very skilled in stealth operations.
 
“What are you going to do, Kevin?” Aragon asked as the man sighed, “I intend to take out the top generals; however, I need Clarissa's help. I hope she gets here soon.”
 
We now take you back to Jacob, Izy and Lucario who had come to the realization that getting to Team Advent's base would be harder than they first thought. However, things changed when noticed a tall woman with a tan-colored skin walking by holding a map.
 
“Oh, hello,” she said turned to the kids with a smile, “My name's Clarissa. What are you doing out in the woods?”
 
Then she noticed the Lucario next to Jacob and looked down with sparkling eyes, pet him on the head and said, “How cute.”
 
Jacob and Izy had expected Lucario to panic, but for some reason, he actually had an odd sense of trust in this woman. It was as if he could feel positive energy coming from her.
 
Jacob simply looked at her and said, “We're just hiking,” but unexpectedly, Izy pushed him to the side and said, “Our friend has been captured by Team Advent. We need to find their base. Can you help us?”
 
Jacob's eyes went wide as he whispered in the girl's ear, “What are you doing? Why would she even know?” as Clarissa simply smiled and said, “I'm going there myself. I can take you with me.”
 
The two simply stared at the woman. This looked a tad suspicious, but Lucario seemed to have no trouble with her. If Lucario of all creatures could trust this woman, then the teens could look past the fact that she was a complete stranger and put their faith in her as well.
 
The woman hurled a Pokeball into the air sending out a large sting ray-like Pokemon known as Mantine. Unlike most water types, Mantine had the ability to fly, so this was the perfect transportation they needed. Why hadn't she used it earlier instead of walking into the forest? At this point, it didn't really matter, for if she had used it earlier, she wouldn't have even seen the teens.
 
Meanwhile, Darkrai had gathered many together and was headed towards Team Advent's base right now. By his side were Uxie, Mesprit and Azelf of course. However, he had brought far more than just those three with him.
 
One was a rather odd but also quite beautiful female. (I know they don't really have genders, but to be honest, I never really liked that idea) She had something resembling a hat atop her swan-like head and the hat-like shape resembled a crescent moon. She had a body like a sky-blue swan with white down the middle and had three beautiful pink half-rings around her. This was the Psychic Pokemon, Cresselia.
 
“It is quite odd you'd call upon me for my services,” the swan said as Darkrai sighed, “I needed the best help I could get. Don't think for a minute that this makes us friends.”
 
Yes, in the past, Darkrai and Cresselia were enemies. In fact, Darkrai used to be evil. But Cresselia eventually showed him the error of his ways and he only fought for the side of good now.
 
Cresselia, like Darkrai, had her own allies helping her in this battle. One was a small water Pokemon with a short body and a big head along with a pair of antennae. She was known as Manaphy and many dreamed to seeing her outside of legends. The other resembled Manaphy a little bit, but his body was much shorter and his head much bigger. And instead of antennae, he had what looked like a long hairpiece flowing in the wind. He was known as Phione.
 
Three legends were traveling by foot along the ground. The one we already expected to be there was Heatran, but he had a few others with him. One was a large robot-like being with bushes surrounding his legs and shoulders and crystals going down the front of his body. He was known as Regigigas. He was the leader of three others, a rock Pokemon named Regirock, a moving ice crystal named Regice and a steel warrior known as Registeel.
 
The last of the land-movers resembled a cross between a wolf and a centaur. It had a white body and a yellow ring with two other rings coming out of it around his mid-section. Each side had four crystals around it. Along with that was a row of golden hooves. This was the fighting legend known as Arceus. He was probably the strongest one among the five land-movers for he could change his type at will.
 
“I never thought I'd ever have to battle again,” the centaur said with a sigh as Heatran nodded and said, “I don't like this either, but don't forget that this isn't for us.”
 
There was a reason the legends were separated. See, they knew that Palkia and Dialga would be dangerous together, so their first plan was to separate the two. The flyers would battle Palkia while the land division would take on Dialga.
 
Donavan and Jenna had just returned to the Team Advent headquarters to show Varen their captured Pokemon, but when they entered his office, he wasn't there. Perona just sat there saying, “Varen's busy. I'll take what you've captured and let him know you caught it.”
 
Of course, being rather envious of the two, Perona's real intention was the steal the credit for Gyarados' capture, but Donavan and Jenna were rather gullible, so they saw no problem with this. All of this was going to lead to biggest battle the world would ever face and Team Advent was completely unaware of this.
 
Speaking of which, let's check up on Varen and see what he just had to show Anna so desperately. He entered a room with a large cabinet and said, “Anna, this is where all the Pokemon my organization has captured go. I believe your preference is rock types, correct?”
 
Anna nodded and said, “I love using rock types.”
 
Varen pulled open a door with a picture of a stone on it and said, “Take your pick. You are allowed to have more Pokemon to give you the right number of Pokemon if you desire.”
 
Anna's eyes sparkled. This was very exciting. She had to pick these very carefully.
 
The first she chose was a dinosaur with a large blue spot on its head known as Rampardos. Not only was Rampardos powerful, but Anna also thought it was pretty cute.
 
The next one she chose was not just a rock type but also a bug type. Like Rampardos, she looked like a dinosaur but also had a very odd look to her face. Nevertheless, Anna liked the look of this one, namely Armaldo.
 
But before she could pick the third one that would complete her Pokemon team, Varen pulled a Pokeball out of his pocket and said, “Take this one,” handing it to her. She released the Pokemon inside and her eyes sparkled as they always seemed to do so.
 
Remember that Larvitar from earlier? Well, he'd evolved into his final stage. He was now a big fully grown dinosaur-like creature and his named was Tyranitar. Anna let down tears of joy and said, “Thank you so much, Daddy. I'll be sure to treat them with love and care.”
 
“I know you will,” Varen said, placing a hand on her shoulder with a smile, “I know.”
 
Soon enough, the legends had arrived and it was time for the gym leaders to move out now that the very beings who would stop Palkia and Dialga from attacking them were here. But Clarissa had not shown up, so Kevin agreed to stay behind until she'd arrived.
 
It was just after the gym leaders left to take on their own missions that a large Mantine soared into the area with four passengers riding on its back. Kevin shook Clarissa's hand and said, “Your timing is impeccable. But what's with the kids?”
 
“They're here to save a friend,” she replied as Kevin sighed, “We can't let them do this.”
 
“Please let us!” Jacob pleaded, bowing to the man, “We need to get into Team Advent's base! It's the only way to get our friend back!”
 
Kevin was about to object again when he saw a Lucario right next to the boy. Could this be the young trainer Darkrai had told the man of?
 
“What is your name, son?” he asked as the boy looked up replying, “Jacob.”
 
Kevin grinned and agreed to let the kids tag along with the mission. Jacob and Izy were relieved to hear this, but of course, this meant Kevin needed to assign a job to the duo. In the end, he decided they would enter from wherever they chose to battle the Team Advent agents. Taking them out would certainly make the job easier.
 
And so the attack had begun. An all-out war was about to erupt and Team Advent was none the wiser.