Pokemon Fan Fiction ❯ Pokemon Quest ❯ Gym Leaders vs. Team Advent ( Chapter 23 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Pokemon Quest
 
To start things off, let's check up on Sarah and Aragon. The two had landed on the roof riding atop Aragon's Pidgeot as Sarah pulled out a Pokeball hurling it into the air and summoning an Onix. (I just realized I've been spelling this wrong the whole time)
 
“Onix, use Dig on the roof,” she said as the rock snake nodded and dove into the roof putting a hole in it. Sarah and Aragon started to panic as they realized just how stupid this was, Sarah returning her Onix almost immediately after the hole had been made.
 
“Do you think he made too much noise?” Sarah asked as a voice replied to this question with the words, “I think it made just enough noise, thank you.”
 
The duo turned with fear to see a Team Advent agent right behind them keeping himself in the air with a propeller machine. What was most surprising was that this agent was a kid. That's right, he was just a simple kid.
 
“What are you doing here, son?” Aragon asked, “If you could make that, you should have escaped long ago.”
 
“I'm not being forced into this!” the kid retorted, “My name's Max and I am the ultimate bird trainer!”
 
Aragon's eyes twitched when he heard those words. The ultimate bird trainer? How dare this kid try to strip him of his rightful title?
 
“Sarah,” Aragon said, turning his gaze to the girl, “Go into the base without me. I gotta teach this kid a lesson he'll never forget.”
 
Sarah fumed in response to this, knowing that Aragon was being headstrong again, but he was right about one thing: the whole point was for the two to break into the base. This kid was nothing more than a distraction and if both fought him, it could ruin everything. At least one of them had to go into the base and make sure some of the guards were taken care of.
 
That coming to mind, Sarah nodded and summoned a tree-like being known as Sudowoodo. Despite the fact that he looked like a tree, this was a merely a ploy as Sudowoodo was actually a rock type.
 
Derk and Marcy stood in front of the door as the agents standing watch spotted them and sent out their own Pokemon. The two nodded at one-another and sent out their own Pokemon. One was a UFO-like being with two magnets for hands known as Magnezone. The other was a large horse with fire for its mane named Rapidash. The two made very quick work of the guards and it seemed Derk and Marcy were having it easy.
 
They continued to take out more guards within the building until a flame shot from nowhere and hit Derk hard in the back. The man scowled and turned around as Marcy placed a hand on his shoulders asking, “Are you okay?”
 
“Please don't touch my burns,” he requested, but his eyes widened when he noticed a familiar face staring at him.
 
“Miles, what are YOU doing here?” he asked as Miles rolled his eyes saying, “How could you already forget that I'm a member of Team Advent? You are so clueless it's funny.”
 
Derk growled and snapped, “Why did you leave the gym!? Why would you serve the side of evil!?”
 
“Come on, even you should know the reason,” Miles remarked, “You see, when Varen takes over the world, I want to be on his good side so he doesn't make me his slave.”
 
Derk's expression went from angry to furious as he sent out a large dragon named Charizard to join Rapidash. Miles grinned, quite pleased to see his opponent cutting right to the chase.
 
“If you're gonna fight him, I'm going to help!” Marcy shouted with anticipation as Derk placed his hand on her shoulder and shook his head saying, “I need to teach this man a lesson myself.”
 
The Pokemon Miles had used to burn Derk earlier was the evolved form of his Magmar, Magmortar. His body was bigger now and his hands looked more like cannons with claws attached to them. He proceeded to pull out another Pokeball, summoning Camerupt to the field.
 
Now, you and I both know this wasn't his old Camerupt, but Derk didn't know this, so he figured that he needed to be careful against this one. Although, in all honest, he wasn't expecting to win. He knew that Miles was a far stronger trainer than he was and as much as that pained him, it was something he had learned to accept over the years.
 
Derk remembered that Marcy was still standing there and turned to her shouting, “GET GOING ALREADY!!!” the mechanic's eyes widening as she nodded and took off. While she ran down the hall, she sighed and thought, `Derk, you'd better turn out okay.'
 
Veronica and Jonathan were doing their fair share of work as well. Jonathan was using a pair of suction cups to climb up the wall while his insects flew next to the windows taking out any guards who might have been looking out them.
 
Meanwhile, Veronica was also climbing the walls while her Pokemon were performing similar tasks from within thanks to the fact that they were ghost types. One was a rather spooky creature with a creepy smile across her face, much creepier than Jonathan's, and her name was Gengar. Her other Pokemon looked very much like a genie with the head of a mummy. His name was Dusknoir.
 
Soon enough, the guards were taken care of as the duo entered the building. Jonathan was just about to celebrate the fact that the first part of their plan had worked when Veronica held a finger over his mouth, hushing him and whispering, “I hear something.”
 
Her eyes widened as she shouted, “GENGAR, USE SHADOW BALL ON THAT CORNER!!!” the purple fiend firing a ball of energy at a corner of the wall, an explosion forming.
 
A strip of paper fell from where the ball had hit as a young woman could knelt down in pain. The woman was dressed like a ninja and was very slender.
 
“You managed to see through my clever tactics,” she said, “I am Asuna, pleased to make your acquaintance.”
 
She bowed to the gothic gym leader who grinned, feeling rather proud of herself. But this moment of satisfaction ended when the woman, much to Veronica's surprise, whipped out six Pokeballs and hurled them towards the ground before the gym leader.
 
Veronica was about to give Gengar a command, expecting six Pokemon to come out, but was surprised when nothing happened. The Pokeballs just sat there, Asuna with a very suspicious grin on her face.
 
“This is my wild Pokemon test,” she said, “One of these Pokeballs contains a Pokemon within it. But I've set them specifically so you can only launch an attack at one of them. If you get the wrong one, your Pokemon will sustain a serious blow, but if manage to choose the correct one, the Pokeball might end up too damaged for me to summon my partner.”
 
Veronica's eyes went wide as Jonathan looked at this, then he stepped forward with his creepy smile looking more determined than usual saying, “I'll make things a little easier.”
 
“No,” Veronica remarked, “You go on ahead and see if there are any others coming. I wish to take this one myself.”
 
Jonathan would have looked concerned, but it was just against his nature not to smile. But he figured that Veronica knew what she was doing and directed his bug Pokemon outside of the room, following after them.
 
“You're quite brave,” Asuna said, “You have the will of a true warrior.”
 
“Why, thank you,” Veronica said with a grin, “but this warrior is going to pass your test!”
 
The woman closed her eyes, tapping into her true center. She needed extreme focus to figure out exactly which ball Gengar's opponent would be hiding in.
 
She felt a strong aura coming from the forth ball and pointed at it shouting, “GENGAR, USE SHADOW BALL ON THAT ONE!!!”
 
But as the ball hit, the second Pokeball opened up as a cutting motion emerged, hitting the ghost dead-on knocking him out for good. Veronica grimaced and returned Gengar as Asuna laughed.
 
“You surprised?” she asked, “That was my special Pokemon, Sableye.”
 
Veronica's eyes went wide when she noticed a rather short creature standing there, doing a victory dance of some kind. This was a purple gremlin-like creature with diamonds for eyes and its name was Sableye.
 
“That was wonderful, Sableye,” Asuna said, hugging the creature affectionately, “That Shadow Claw of yours has really overpowered all your other attacks.”
 
Now Veronica knew the source of the attack, but if a shadow claw could defeat her Gengar in one hit, who knew just how powerful this thing was? All the Goth knew right now was that she was in trouble.
 
Nevertheless, she had to win and all she had left was her Dusknoir. There was no way she was going to lose.
 
Varen was showing Anna more of his base and had taken her to a room full of computers when he heard an alarm go off. He shifted his eyes back and forth asking, “What is all this!?”
 
He turned on a monitor as his eyes went wide with shock. All the legendary Pokemon were coming towards his base. Soon that look of shock turned into a wicked smile.
 
He pressed a button opening up the roof of the building as Palkia emerged carrying Dialga with him. Just as Darkrai had predicted, Palkia went after the air troops while Dialga went after the ground troops. Things were now going just as planned.
 
As Darkrai and Cresselia closer and closer to the base, Darkrai was caught off guard when a flame hit him from above. He recognized this as Dragonbreath.
 
As the dark Pokemon attempted to shake off the pain, Uxie, Mesprit and Azelf flew towards Palkia, who was flying right above them, and circled around like a twister ramming their heads into the dragon's chin. While Palkia was distracted, Cresselia released a beam from the tip of her nose hitting one of the dragon's wings, covering it in ice. That was a powerful ice move known as Ice Beam.
 
Palkia struggled to stay airborne, but ended up drifting downwards to where he was no in front of those who had stayed lower. However, his slight disadvantage was gone when he managed to shatter the ice around his wing.
 
Before the dragon could do anything else, Manaphy cupped her hands together and unleashed a powerful water ball known as Water Pulse, hitting Palkia in the chest. The dragon was ready to react when Darkrai's three little assistants fired their most powerful attacks down upon him and Phione unleashed his own water pulse.
 
Darkrai had finally regained focus as he glared at Palkia, raising his arms in the air and forming a ball made entirely out of dark energy. He held it in his arms and hurled it at the dragon dealing major damage, but despite that, he wasn't fully confident yet.
 
“That was a fairly good start to the battle,” he stated, “but this is far from over.”
 
The land movers were close as well when Arceus saw something in the distance. It was a small glimmer of light and this made his eyes go wide.
 
“DIALGA'S COMING RIGHT FOR US!!!!” he shouted, “NOW, HEATRAN!!!!”
 
The Steel and Fire dinosaur nodded as he slammed his foot hard into the ground, a crack headed right towards Dialga. The wolf dragon saw the Earthquake attack headed towards him as he leapt over it, but like every other land creature in the world, jumping left him vulnerable, therefore he was unable to dodge an incoming blast of fire known as Magma Storm.
 
The wolf shook off the pain and growled only to notice a hyper beam coming right for him courtesy of Regirock. But there was more. Regice decided to add to the power by combining his Ice Beam with the powerful blast and Registeel added more power with Zap Cannon.
 
The three beams collided with Dialga, the wolf dragon roaring in intense pain as Arceus charged towards him unleashing a powerful shockwave known as Earth Power. The others eventually caught up while Dialga shook off the pain dealt from the attacks as Arceus sighed, “Even though I knew that wouldn't finish him off, a part of me was really hoping it would.”
 
Jacob and Izy had managed to enter through the back door. Yes, Team Advent had a back door. Why? Even I can't answer that.
 
But just as the trio had been lucky enough not to run into any agents along the way, their eyes widened when they saw two familiar faces standing before them.
 
“Hello,” Jenna said with a smirk, “Fancy meeting you here.”
 
“You didn't think you could just sneak in here and face our boss without going through us, did you?” Donavan added while Izy gritted her teeth.
 
“Why do you guys even bother!?” she snapped, “You know very well that you can't beat us!”
 
Donavan and Jenna grinned before sending out their Pokemon, Jacob and Izy both shocked by the fully evolved Dragonite and Rhyperior. The duo laughed as Jenna said, “Now's the moment where you finally fall to us!”
 
“I have awaited this day for far too long,” Donavan said with a grin, “We're finally going to beat them!”
 
“Who said you'd beat us?” Jacob remarked, “So your Pokemon are fully evolved. That's really not a big deal to us.”
 
Izy nodded and pulled out two Pokeballs, sending out Noctowl and her new Gligar to go up against Purugly and Dragonite. Jacob nodded at Lucario who entered the battle against Crawdaunt and Rhyperior while Jacob threw in a Pokeball sending Infernape into the battle. Now, this wasn't exactly the smartest move as both could take in quite the beating from Donavan's Pokemon, but as they were the first two Jacob had received, the boy had a lot of confidence in them.