Pokemon Fan Fiction ❯ Pokemon Xtra Dimension (XD) 2: Return of Cipher ❯ N/A ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter I
 
As I was walking down the stairs to get ready for my first Pokemon, I was shocked to see an egg that looked like a Treecko egg. It was green with purple spots on it. My researcher, Prof. Krane, handed the egg to me and said: “Take good care with this egg, it'll hatch into a Treecko with 3 egg moves.” The 3 egg moves that Treecko has at the start are Crunch, Crush Claw, and Leech Seed. The egg was just rocking around when I said to Prof. Krane: “But Professor, what will happen to the Snag Machine?” Prof. Krane said: “It will be kept safe until your time is right to snag Shadow Pokemon from mean trainers.” I said: “Oh, okay then.”
Once it was time, my egg started to rock even more. And I saw cracks in the egg when I was doing my Pokemon research with Prof. Krane. I said to my Mom: “Mom, my egg, it is hatching!” Mom said: “Well, what is it?” I said: “It is a baby…Treecko!”
I started training my Treecko up to Lv:10 when suddenly, a spy named Naps appeared out of nowhere and started attacking the lab. Naps said: “Ha! Now I have my own Snag Machine and now I am able to steal Pokemon from other trainers!” I said to Naps: “Not if I can help it!” I sent out my Lv:10 Treecko while Naps sent out his Lv:11+ Shadow Teddiursa, with the moves Shadow Blitz and Shadow Mist. I told Treecko to use Crunch on Nap's arm to take back the Snag Machine, and Treecko did as I told him. I got the machine back and, since I had my 5 Poke Balls with me, used my first PokÄ“Ball on Shadow Teddiursa. It rocked 3 times before it was finally caught. Then Naps said: “Ahhh! My Shadow PokÄ“mon! It has been…taken!” I said: “Yes, I caught my first Shadow PokÄ“mon!” Naps then disappeared just in a flash like a flash of light.
I then went, using my hover machine, over the desert to Gateon Port and there I went into the shop to see if they had any Poke Balls. But, as I was about to do that, a girl came into Gateon Port as well. I said to her: “Hi, my name is Sean McKibben, and I am the first trainer to ever have the Snag Machine.” She said: “Oh, well I am Bryn Shepherd, and I have a baby Mudkip with the egg moves, Mirror Coat and Hydro Pump.” I said: “Bryn! What are you doing here? You're supposed to be at school!” Bryn said: “But Sean, when I heard what happened at the lab, I couldn't resist! So I took off from my house at Agate Village to come here and to see how you were doing at the lab. But when I heard from the professor that you headed to Gateon Port, I couldn't resist again and met you here.” I said: “But Bryn, oh never mind.” I said again: “So Bryn, did you hear that Cipher is trying to take over the world again?” Bryn said: “Yes, I heard, and I would like to travel with you to Citadark Isle and destroy the Cipher organization once and for all.” I said: “Okay, but since I have the Snag Machine, I am the only that can Snag them all.” I bought 11 more PokÄ“Balls, with 2,200 PokÄ“Dollars, and had 9,500 PokÄ“Dollars left.
There are 10 types of balls; PokēBalls, Great Balls, Ultra Balls, Master Balls (100% capture), Timer Balls (the longer the battle lasts, the stronger it becomes), Nest Balls (works well on weaker Pokēmon), Net Balls (works well on Bug and Water type Pokēmon), Luxury Balls (gives them more friendship towards you), Premier Balls (same strength as a PokēBall), and Dive Balls (works well on Water type Pokēmon). PokēBalls cost at 200 PokēDollars, while Great Balls cost at 600, and Ultra Balls cost at 1,200. Timer Balls, Nest Balls, Dive Balls, and Net Balls cost 1,000 each; Premier Balls are given out for free by buying 10 or more PokēBalls.
We walked out of the PokÄ“mon Mart and went to the building near the Mart and saw a sailor. He said: “Ha ha ha, I have something special for you two travelers here today; this here is a ring, called the “Sapphire Heart” that was given to me by my father because he wanted me to marry a nice looking girl, but you two can have it since I am not married.” I said: “Why thank you, this is a nice ring, it would go perfect with my ring collection, I have tons of named rings at my home in the PokÄ“mon HQ Lab.” Bryn said: “What, you didn't tell me about that?!” I said: “Oops, sorry.”
We went out of the building and met up with a trainer named Cyle, a casual guy. I said: “Hey, it looks like you have a Shadow PokÄ“mon, hand it over!” Cyle said: “No way, it can't be a Shadow PokÄ“mon; it has to be a regular PokÄ“mon!” It turned out that he did have a Shadow PokÄ“mon, an Lv:10+ Shadow Ledyba. The other PokÄ“mon he had was an Lv:11 Meditite. I sent out my Lv:10 Treecko and my Lv:11 Shadow Teddiursa.
 
(switching to script mode)
Pkmn Trainer Sean (before sending out his PokÄ“mon): “Well Teddiursa, this is your first time being sent out by a regular Trainer, so come on out!”
(PokēBall pops open, sending out Teddiursa)
(Another PokēBall pops open, sending out Treecko)
Casual Guy Cyle: “Go, Ledyba and Meditite!”
Pkmn Trainer Sean: “Since my Treecko and Teddiursa have more speed, they both get to go first! Treecko, use Crush Claw on Meditite! Teddiursa, use Shadow Blitz on Shadow Ledyba!”
(Treecko claws Meditite, fainting it)
(Teddiursa rams Ledyba, sending it into the red)
Pkmn Trainer Sean: “Well, at least now I have 2 Shadow PokÄ“mon, go, PokÄ“Ball!”
(Sean throws the PokēBall at Shadow Ledyba, catching it inside, and after 3 rocks, it is caught)
Pkmn Trainer Sean: “Yes, I now have Shadow Ledyba!”
Casual Guy Cyle: “Noooo! My PokÄ“mon! It has been taken!”
 
(switching to story mode)
I then caught the Shadow Ledyba, with red health left, and we went to a PokÄ“mon Center and healed it. I then asked Bryn: “So Bryn, which Shadow PokÄ“mon do you want, Shadow Teddiursa, a Normal-type, or Shadow Ledyba, a Bug and Flying-type?” Bryn said: “I would actually like for you to keep them, reason why is because that I like to have a diverse and strong team.” I told Bryn: “Ok, but you should be having a weak PokÄ“mon, then leveling it up to evolve.”
Pokēmon come in 17 different types; Grass, Water, Fire, Ground, Psychic, Dark, Ghost, Fighting, Bug, Normal, Steel, Ice, Rock, Poison, Flying, Dragon. There can be countless combinations, but most of the Pokēmon have 2 types, some of which are quadruple damaged.
Most Pokēmon evolve by leveling up, like the starter Pokēmon Treecko, it evolves into Grovyle at Lv:16. Some evolve by stones, like Shellder; it evolves into Cloyster by Water Stone. Some evolve by the time of day, like Eevee; it evolves into either Umbreon or Espeon by daytime or nighttime. Some don't evolve at all, like Seviper; it doesn't evolve into anything, it is just a single evolution.
Bryn said: “That's great, but I would rather not have a Shadow PokÄ“mon to purify, I would rather have a purified PokÄ“mon to battle with at my side.” I said: “Alright, that's fine.” We then went back to the PokÄ“mon HQ Lab and said to the Professor: “Hello.” Prof. Krane said: “Why, hello there Sean, and who is this?” I said: “This is Bryn; she is one of my students at the PokÄ“mon Academy.” Krane said: “Oh, why hello there Bryn, pleased to meet you.” I said: “Okay, Krane, how is the Purification Chamber coming along?” Bryn said: “Purification Chamber, what the heck is that?” I said: “Funny you should ask Bryn, the Purification Chamber is a chamber where most of the Shadow PokÄ“mon come to be purified.” Krane said: “That's right Sean; you are a smart PokÄ“mon Trainer to be at 17 yrs old.” And we said goodbye to Prof. Krane and headed off to Agate Village.