Pokemon Fan Fiction ❯ Take Me Away ❯ Let Us Begin ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclamer: I don't own Pokemon- it owns me, and it controls my mind... Well, I own the made up character... But that's it... Oh, and the plot...

Take Me Away

Ch.1 Let Us Begin

The lights were dim as she sat on her bed, pondering about how she came to this unfortunate circumstance. She was suppose to trust her mother, not fear her. This girl was alone in the prison she called her room. She had long blonde hair that looked like it had never been cut. Green eyes but even though they were that color no one would be able to tell for sure. Only recently did she find something that made time go by faster. Something that made her days on this earth less haunting. But her mother had found out. She was angered when she found out about it and took to her daughter and made her pay. But the girl's thoughts were redirected when she heard a noise at her window.

"Ash?! What are you doing here? My mom will kill you if she sees you hanging out down there!" Said the girl.

"Don't worry, she won't find me. Come on, I'm getting you out of here. I've got everything that we need so that we can leave right now."

"What? Okay, but how am I going to get out of here when there are bars on my window!"

"I got an idea! I'll be right back. Don't go to sleep, okay?"

"Okay."

Tara sat back down on her bed and waited for Ash to come back. Once again she became lost in thoughts and remembered when this whole thing began...


It was a beautiful day in Pallet Town, a day where it seemed that nothing could go wrong. But who ever would think that would be proven very wrong indeed. A car pulled up to a two story house and out stepped a woman, and behind her a young girl who seemed to be her daughter. The girl was ushered into the house and up to a room on the second floor and locked within it. The woman returned to the car and brought in whatever they had inside the house and then began to unpack the contents. Upstairs the girl sat on the bed and looked around the room. There was the bed she sat on, which had white bedding. An oak desk and chair that sat next to a closed window that was covered by a long white curtain. An oak dresser oppisite from the bed and the door to which she was locked behind. A very plain room but it was much better to what she had before. But she couldn't understand as to why it had gotten like this. What had made her mother so angry at her that she needed to be locked away and never allowed company of any kind? What ever it was she might never know. But on the other side of the window a boy had just returned form a long trip and was resting in his room.

"Ash?! Honey could you come down here for a moment?" Called his mother.

"Yeah, I'll be down in a minute!" He called.

Ash slowly got up and went down to see what his mother wanted.

"Oh there you are. Can you bring this over to the new neighbors nextdoor. I'm busy with something and don't have the time," said his mother.

"Yeah sure, I'll be back."

Ash left the house, pie in hand. He didn't know that someone had moved into the house next to him. He had always thought that the house was abandoned. He walked up to the door and knocked and then waited for someone to answer. It took a few minutes until someone finally came to the door.

"What do you want?!" Asked the woman who came to the door.

She was a tall woman with long curly blonde hair and hazel eyes. She seemed to be an angry person.

"Uh... I was told to bring this to you. My mother made it. It's a welcome gift to the neighborhood," Ash said in a shaky voice.

The woman looked at him for a moment and then forced a fake smile on her face.

"Oh, thank you young man. Tell you mother I said thanks as well."

"Okay."

Ash walked away from the house and the woman closed the door, throwing the pie away right after. Ash returned home and told his mother that he was going to take a nap. After going upstairs he laid down and tried to fall asleep but was unable to due to the fact that the woman nextdoor gave him the creeps. In the house nextdoor the woman had finished unpacking and went up to her room the get a few things ready for the night. In the locked room across from her the girl within had seen Ash come to the house. She wanted to get his attention but with her mother right there it would have costed her dearly. She sat at the desk and found paper and pencils in a drawer. So maybe her mother did have some pity for her after all. She took out the paper and a pencil and began to draw a picture to pass the time. She then saw something move in the house nextdoor. She stopped and moved the curtain so that she could see better. She saw that boy again, only this time he was alone and apperantly going to take a nap. She wasn't hoping to gain his attention just yet. She would let him sleep for the time being. But she couldn't pull her eyes away to go back to her drawing. This had been the first time she had seen anyone in a long time. Maybe he could help her. Hours later Ash awoke to his mother calling him down for dinner. He went into the kitchen and sat at the table.

"So, what are the neighbors like?" Asked his mother setting down a plate in front of him.

"Oh, well, I don't know. She seems kinda creepy. I think she lives by herself," Ash said as he began to place food on his plate.

"Oh really? Well we should invite her over for dinner one night and get to know her. Then maybe she'll seem less creepy. So, when is Pikachu coming back?"

"Oh I'm going to get him tommorow."

"Well that's great."

They ate dinner and Ash helped clean up afterwards. Later that night he was up in his room watching t.v. when he heard what seemed to be fighting from nextdoor.

"Come here! I don't want you doing this anymore!"

It sounded like the woman Ash had met earlier. The he heard another voice, and this one sounded upset.

"Please no, I didn't mean to, please!"

"It's too late for that now."

Seconds later Ash heard a door slam and then someone crying. He turned off his t.v. and opened his window. He saw a light on in the room nextdoor and tossed a small rock at the window. No answer so he tried again. Finally someone came to the window. It was a girl as he had thought. She had long blonde hair and dark eyes. She opened the window and looked at him.

"Are you okay? I heard yelling, what's going on?" Ash asked.

"Yeah, I'm fine, there is no need to worry," replied the girl.

"What's your name?"

"Tara, yours?"

"Ash. Did you just move here?"

"Yes, me and my mother."

"Oh, I thought she lived alone. She seems to be a very angry person, if you don't mind me saying so."

"No, I don't mind. It's true though. I don't know why she's that way. I seen you earlier today, what did you bring her?"

"A pie my mom made."

"Oh, she threw that away. I don't think she likes you very much. I heard her say something bad about you."

"I didn't think she would. She kinda yelled at me when she answered the door."

"Yeah, she does that."

"So, do you like it here so far?"

"I guess so."

"Are you a Pokemon trainer?"

Tara was silent, the question had hit a nerve. She closed her eyes and tried to think of an answer. Ash saw her reaction and thought he had said something wrong.

"No, I am not. My mother won't allow me to have any Pokemon. She says that they are dangerous and that they hurt people. But I know differently," Tara said not looking at him.

"I'm sorry to hear that. Your mother is very mean."

"I know. I'm sorry but I need to be getting to bed. It was nice meeting you, Ash."

"Same here."

Tara closed her window and the curtains, then turned the lights off and went to bed. Ash sat up and thought about his encounter with Tara. She seemed nice but something didn't seem right with the way she had spoken about her mother. It was like she was hiding something from him, but he didn't need to ask about it, he had no right to. Ash finally fell asleep shortly after 2:00 P.M.

End of chapter