Pokemon Fan Fiction ❯ Take Me Away ❯ Make Allies Not Enemies ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: I do not own Pokemon, just plot and character.

Take Me Away

Ch.2 Make Allies Not Enemies


Morning came and woke the town, allowing everyone to get started. Ash woke up late as he always did remembering the meeting between him and the new nextdoor neighbor Tara. He had found out that she wasn't allowed to have any Pokemon which made him slightly angry, but he couldn't just go running over there and start demanding that she be allowed to have them. He barely even knew them. But he would ask later on when he knew them better and felt comfortable enough to ask. He felt bad for her, but he thought that maybe when he saw her outside he could take her with him when he went to train so that she could be around Pokemon for a little while. But he didn't know that Tara would never be let outside. She would always be trapped in her room, never to do the things that she needed to do to become her own person. She was up as well, but she was eating breakfast that had been handed to her through a hole in the door. She too thought about her meeting yesterday. It was nice to finally meet someone. She hadn't been social in a long time. But she wouldn't tell Ash she was locked away. Not until she was okay with the idea of him knowing. Tara finished her breakfast and placed the plate by the door and sat herself at the window, watching the clouds go by.

"Good morning!" Ash called as he opened his window to see Tara next to hers.

"Morning. Did you sleep well?"

"Yeah, did you?"

"Yeah."

"So, are you coming outside? It's suppose to be nice out today," Ash asked putting on his hat.

"Um no, I don't feel very good today. Maybe in a few days I'll come out. So what are you going to do today?"

"I'm going to go get Pikachu from Prof. Oak's lab, then I'll go and train for a little while. When I get back you can meet him."

"That sounds great, I look foward to it."

"Okay, I'll see you later."

"Okay, bye."

Ash waved good-bye and went down to have a quick breakfast before leaving to get Pikachu. His mother was out in the back yard when he left. Shortly after he arrived at Prof. Oak's lab he was welcomed inside.

"Good morning Ash, how are you doing?" Prof. Oak asked as he opened the door.

"I'm doing great. How's Pikachu been for you?"

"Just great. He's waiting for you in the other room. He's gotten a lot stronger since the last time I seen him."

"Really? That's good to hear. Yeah, we'll be leaving in a month or so for Hoenn. I'm hoping to find a lot of different Pokemon there."

"Well that shouldn't be too much of a problem for you."

"Pika Pi!" Pikachu called as he ran to his trainer.

"Pikachu! How ya doin' buddy?" Ash asked as he picked Pikachu up.

"Pikachu!"

"Thanks Prof. I'll be by later to check up on the others."

"Okay, I'll see you later."

Ash and Pikachu left for the forest on the edge of town. He was planning on training there for a little while before returning home for lunch. Tara on the other hand was sitting by her window doing the only thing that she could do to pass the time, wait. She looked at the window across from her and saw into Ash's room. It was nice and neat from what she saw, he at least had things to do in there. Unlike she who only had paper and a pencil with no sharpiner. Tara was only allowed out of her room to use the bathroom. But it was better than never ever leaving. She wasn't even able to look out the window of the car on the way to the new house. Now she was just waiting for Ash to get back, at least she had someone to talk to. It was nearly dark by the time Ash returned to his room to watch t.v. He had dinner and told his mom about what went on while he was out. Pikachu jumped onto the bed and laid on the pillow attemting to fall asleep. Ash walked in behind him and saw Tara sitting at her desk.

"Hey Tara! Whatcha doin'?" Ash called sitting next to his window.

"Oh, I'm just drawing a picture. How was your day?" Tara asked moving closer to the edge.

"It was great! Here I want you to meet Pikachu! Come here Pikachu, there's someone I'd like you to meet."

Pikachu got up and came to the window and saw Tara waving at him. He waved back and went back to his spot.

"He seems to be really tired," Tara said.

"Yeah, we trained pretty hard today. But I'm going to rest for the next couple of days."

"Don't over do yourself, you wouldn't want to hurt yourselves."

"Don't worry, we won't. So are you feeling any better today?"

"Kinda. I might come out tommorow."

They continued their conversation for a little while longer until Tara had to go to bed. Ash sat back and watched some t.v. until he finally fell asleep. Tara woke in the middle of the night and was now sitting at her desk, slowly rocking back and forth. She had just woke from a nightmare and she would not be able to get back to sleep. She turned on her bedroom light and began to pace back and fourth. But this caught Ash's attention as he came back from the bathroom.

"Tara, hey Tara!" Ash called as he threw a stone at her window.

"What is it?" Tara replied as she opened her window.

"What are you doing?"

"No-nothing."

"I just saw you walking across your room. Are you sure it was nothing?"

"Yeah, really."

They were quiet for a moment. Tara looked over at him and smiled a light smile as he grabbed a flashlight. A faint blush came over her face as a piece of his shirt was pushed up by the window sill.

"So, can I ask your mom if you can come outside with Pikachu and me?" Ash asked as he turned it on and pointed it at Tara.

"No, I don't think she'll let you in the house. She doesn't like people she doesn't really know. Let her get to know you better before you start asking questions like that."

"Um... okay. Hey, maybe one day soon you and your mom can come to dinner at my house."

"Okay, sure I'll talk to her about it."

They said good night once again and went to bed. Tara was now able to go back to sleep. But she worried about what Ash had asked. Her mother would not like him hanging around her, and that she was saddened by.

End of chapter