Pokemon Fan Fiction ❯ Take Me Away ❯ Lies Become Arguments ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: I don't own Pokemon... Just plot and character...

Take Me Away

Ch.3 Lies Become Arguements


About a week has passed since Ash had returned home. He had been relaxing for the past few days after trainning in the woods. And within that week Ash and Tara had become good friends. They hung out everyday and talked about random things. But as that week went by the two were beginning to notice other things about one another that neither would admit to. Ash had noticed that when ever he asked to come over or ask to talk to her mother Tara always had an excuse to tell him why he couldn't do it. He also noticed that neither Tara or her mother were ever seen outside. This bothered him some and he wanted to know why. Tara on the other hand was starting to run out of excuses to tell Ash. She wanted to tell him and let him know what was going on but she couldn't out of fear. She was starting to form a slight crush on her neighbor and knew that her mother would only become more upset if she knew that she liked him. Currently she was watching him across the ally between their houses as he jumped up and down while watching t.v. Tara wondered how he could have so much energy after what he does all day.

"You're crazy, you know that?" Tara called over to his room.

"What? I'm not crazy! My team lost and I'm not happy about it," Ash called back as he waved his hands in the air.

"Okay, whatever you say."

"So, can you come out today? Or is something going to happen that you can't pull yourself away from," Ash asked as he leaned on the window sill.

Tara hung her head slightly. She was hurt by his comment and tried to find something to say to him.

"I'm sorry Ash, I won't be able to come out today."

"Why not? What's wrong this time?"

"Well, I... just can't come out."

"There has to be a reason behind why you can't come outside and come with me and Pikachu to go training. Does she know that you'll be around Pokemon if you do?"

"That's part of it, but..."

The argueing continued and things became heated. The two began to yell and share some sharp comments about one another. Finally both had came to the boiling point.

"Just tell me why you can't come outside for even a minute?!" Ash yelled slamming his fists down on the window's ledge.

"Because I can't! My mother won't allow me out of the house!" Tara called back.

Instantly Tara caught herself and placed her hands over her mouth. Ash was shocked at this and let her words sink in. Tara couldn't believe she had just told him that. She felt so foolish and turned to go back into her room.

"Tara wait!" Ash called.

"What?" Tara said turning back around and looking back at him.

"Don't go. Please tell me what you mean by your mother won't let you out of the house."

"Well, I don't know why she won't let me out, believe me I've asked her. She only tells me to stay quiet and that it's not that important. So, I..."

"So you mother keeps you locked in that room all the time?"

"Yes, she does."

Everything had calmed down and Ash was trying to get everything he could from Tara. He wanted to know what was going on so that he could help her. But then he was told not to tell anyone else about it. He didn't take that too lightly.

"What do you mean I can't tell anyone else?!"

"You just can't. Please, I don't want anyone else to know what I'm going through. Please, this is the only thing I ask you to do."

Ash thought for a moment. Tara seemed really serious about this and so, he gave in to her request and promised that he would not tell anyone else about her imprisonment. Tara was glad to hear that he wouldn't, but she didn't know if she could trust him fully. She would just have to give him time. After that the two talked about her situation. The more Ash heard the more angry he became. He couldn't believe that someone would do that to their own family member. But he had promised not to tell which would be very hard for him. As night fell Tara had to go inside to take a shower and eat dinner. Meanwhile, Ash was downstairs having dinner as well but he was preoccupied with his thoughts. His mother noticed this but thought nothing of it really. She thought it was something about trainning. After dinner Ash retuned to his room and he and Pikachu watched t.v. He had told Pikachu about what Tara had said and he too was angry about it. Tara had went to bed early, she was beginning to feel a little ill. She hoped to feel better the next day.

"You don't look so good," Ash said as Tara set down her glass.

"Pika," called Pikachu as he too noticed.

"Yeah, I don't feel very good today. So, what are you going to do today?"

"Oh, well, I was thinking about going up to Prof. Oak's and helping him for a while."

"That sounds like fun. When are you going?"

"Maybe this afternoon. But I don't know if I want to go now. Hey, maybe I can get my mom to make you something to make you feel better!"

"Oh no, you don't have to do that."

"I'll be right back."

Ash left his room and went down stairs to ask his mother if she could make something for Tara.

"Hey Mom, could you do me a favor?" Ash asked as he found his mother in the kitchen.

"Sure honey, what is it?"

"Um, could you make a bowl of soup. A friend of mine is sick and I want to bring them something to make them feel better."

"Of course. I'll make it here in a little bit."

"Ok, thanks. Call me when it's ready."

Ash went back up to his room and found Tara and Pikachu tossing a ball to one another. He watched them for a moment until Pikachu missed his catch and the ball hit Ash in the face.

"Pika pi!"

"Sorry!" Tara called from her window.

"That hurt you know."

"Sorry, I didn't mean to throw it that hard."

"Sure. Anyway, my mom's going to make that soup for you. It should be done soon."

"Ok, but how are you going to get it over to me?" Tara asked as she leaned on the window ledge.

"Don't worry, I'll just get a pidgey to help."

Tara had no choice but to accept the meal and to pass the time they tossed to ball back and fourth. Soon Ash was called down to get the soup. He came back and called a pidgey down from a near by tree. He placed the bowl in a basket and the Pidgey brought it over to Tara, who then gave it a small chocolate. She then tossed two chocolates over to Ash and Pikachu.

"Wow, your mom's a great cook!" Tara said.

"I know, everyone loves her cooking. I hope it makes you feel better."

"I'm sure it will."

Once Tara finished she put the bowl back into the basket and the Pidgey brought it back over to Ash. She was sure that she would feel a lot better in the morning.

End of chapter