Pokemon Fan Fiction ❯ Take Me Away ❯ Freedom at Long Last ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: I own nothing, just plot and character...

Take Me Away

Ch.7 Freedom at Long Last


It took only an hour to arrive at the docks and they were given a room for the night. Their Pokemon were taken to be checked over and logged into the system. Tara and Ash went to their room and Ash told her what was going to happen once they left Pallet Town. She was excited to go somewhere else without being forced to.

"We'll need to get you some medicine tommorow. You won't be able to do much with your injuries," Ash said as he looked over her arm.

"That's okay, as long as I'm doing something, it's better than nothing," Tara replied, but she winced at the pain when Ash brushed over her rib cage.

Ash noticed the large bruise that seemed to cover most of her left side. He looked at her with concern as he lifted more of her shirt to reveal more injuries. The more he saw the more and more angry he became. He didn't like to see Tara hurt or in pain like she was. He lightly ran his fingers over the bruise and felt Tara stiffen under his touch.

"I'm so sorry Tara, I hope she pays dearly for this," Ash said darkly.

"I'm sure she will. Haven't you ever heard that karma's a bitch?" Tara said with a slight laugh.

"No, but I hope you're right."

"I hope so too."

Ash continued to look her over, finding more and more bruises and even scars where her clothing covered. When he finished he got up and went to his bag and brought out a few bottles of medicine.

"I know this might not cure everything, but it will help with some of the pain and lighten some of your scars," Ash said as he sat down next to her and set everything up.

Tara looked warily at the medication, she wasn't too sure if she would like it or not. But she really had no choice in the matter and allowed him to dress her wounds.

"Ow, that stings," Tara said, pulling away.

"I know it does, but we have to or you'll get an infection. We'll need to take you to a hospital when we arrive in Hoenn. There we'll be able to fix your broken ribs."

"Just to let you know, I hate hospitals."

"Well, you'll just have to deal with it. I have a Pokemon egg for you. It should hatch soon," Ash said as he applied more solution to a deep cut in her back.

"Really? Where did you get one of those?"

"At Prof. Oak's lab. He let me have it for helping him the other day."

Ash finished and put the medicine away. When he came back Tara was already asleep. He smiled to himself and laid down next to her, wrapping an arm carefully around her and fell asleep himself. In the morning Tara woke to find herself alone in the room. She found a note that said that Ash had gone to get the Pokemon. So Tara went into the bathroom and ran the shower. She felt sticky from all the medicine Ash had put on her the night before. She washed up and changed into some clothes that Ash had brought for her the night before. She left the bathroom and turned on the t.v. and waited for Ash to return.

"Good morning, look who's back," Ash called as he and the Pokemon entered the room.

"Piyoo!" Pidgey cooed as he flew over and landed on Tara's shoulder, nuzzleing her cheek.

"Pidgey! So, when does the ship leave?" Tara asked as she stroked Pidgey's head.

"This afternoon. We're going to go to breakfast so get your shoes on," Ash said.

"Alright."

The two left and went to a small cafe along the water. They sat at a table and waited for their food to arrive. Pikachu had his bottle of ketchup and Pidgey had sunflower seeds.

"So, will I be able to battle in gyms like you?" Tara asked just as the meals arrived.

"Sure, when we get to Hoenn we'll get you everything you need," Ash replied as he began eating.

After breakfast they got ready to leave and boarded the ship. Tara was a little tense, she wasn't use to being around a lot of people at the same time. They made it to their cabin and put there things away. It would take at least two days to get to Hoenn and then she would be far away from home by then. They went up to the ship's deck and Tara saw the ocean for the first time. As she looked out over the water Ash looked over at her and noticed her face. She seemed calm now that she was away.

"Hey, we'll come back. We need to put medicine on you," Ash said as he took her hand and pulled her from the railing.

"Aww, but I hate that crap, it makes me feel sticky," Tara whined as she followed him.

Ash took Tara back to the room where the Pokemon were napping. She sat down on the bed and now had to sit there and go through the samething as last night. After it was over Tara returned to the deck and stood at railing. Ash stood next to her, Pikachu on his shoulder and Pidgey on Tara's. He placed his arm around her and she smiled back at him.

"I'm finally free, aren't I?" Tara asked as she looked back at the water.

"Yes you are. Don't worry, I'll make sure its stays this way."

Owari