Pokemon Fan Fiction ❯ Take Me Away ❯ After While Totodile ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: I own nothing but the plot and character. And I will get who ever stole my cheese!

Take Me Away

Ch.6 After While Totodile


Two days had gone by and Ash had not seen Tara. He was now very worried and needed to know what happened to her. He had heard fighting nextdoor and he knew Tara was being hurt. His mother was worried about him but he reassured her that he was ok, he just didn't feel very good. He sat by is window, Pikachu next to him, and Pidgey sitting on Tara's window ledge. All three were waiting for any kind of sign from her to let them know that she was ok, or at least still alive. Yesterday morning Ash had woken to find bars on Tara's window, and he definitly knew something was wrong. Suddenly Pidgey heard movement inside and alerted the other two. Minutes later Tara's window opened and what they all saw made their blood boil. Tara had cuts and bruises all over her arms, neck and face. Her left eye was swolen and her bottom lip was blue on the right side.

"Oh my god! What did she do to you?" Ash asked in total shock.

"She got mad at me... for talking to you," Tara said, her voice barely loud enough to hear.

"She did that just because you were talking to me?"

"Yeah, I can only imagine what she would have done if she found out what we were really doing."

Tara stroked Pidgey's head as he leaned into her hand.

"Piyoo," he cooed softly.

"I know Pidgey. She checks on my often now. So I could get into even more trouble if she found me talking to you again."

"I don't want you to get hurt again, we'll find another way."

"Don't worry, I'm not afraid of her anymore, so I don't care if I'm caught or not. You're the only friends I've had in years, I won't let my mother take you away from me."

"What if she moves you away?"

"She won't, because if she does, you can tell someone about me."

Ash nodded, she was right, he could tell someone about her.

"She still shoudn't have done that to you."

"I have to go now, I've just been so tired lately."

Tara closed her window and curtains and went to bed. Ash closed his window after Pidgey flew inside. He looked at his desk to which there sat a yellow and black Pokemon egg. He had found it two days before and was going to give it to Tara. But now he wasn't so sure if she would be able to recive it because she looked so frail and weak. He was afraid she was going to die. He wasn't going to let that happen, he had to get her out of there and now. All and all, he had been planning to leave early anyway. Night fell and Ash had packed everything they would need to leave that night. He left a note for his mother, explaining everything and he left the house, heading towards Tara's window. Tara was inside, sitting on her bed lost in her thoughts. But her thoughts were redirected when she heard a noise at her window.

"Ash?! What are you doing here? My mom will kill you if she finds you hanging out down there!" Tara whispered loudly.

"Don't worry, she won't find me. Come on, I'm getting you out of here. I've got everything that we need so that we can leave right now."

"What? Okay, but how am I going to get out of here when there are bars on my window?"

"I got an idea! I'll be right back. Don't go to sleep okay?"

"Okay."

Tara sat back down on her bed and waited for Ash to come back. As she waited she began to remember how all this began. As she became lost in thought Ash returned and called her back to the window.

"Hey, tie these around the bars," Ash said as he threw Tara many strands of rope.

"Alright."

Tara did as told and tied the rope to the bars then stepped back. Ash had gotten two Pidgeot and three Pidgeotto to help pull the bars off the window. Soon they began to pull off to bars and they came off with surprising ease. Then Ash asked one of the Pidgeot to bring Tara down to him. She agreed and went up to her now open window.

"Come on, she's going to bring you down here," Ash called to her.

"But I'm afraid of heights," Tara replied.

"It'll only take a minute, I promise."

"Pikachu, pika!"

"If you say so."

Tara slowly climbed onto Pidgeot's back and was taken to the ground where Ash and the others were waiting. Tara then climbed down and gave each Pokemon a candy before they flew away. Once Tara turned around she was instantly was smothered by Ash. He was happy to finally see her out of that horrible room. Tara would have hugged him back but called out in pain instead.

"Oh, I'm so sorry Tara. I didn't mean to hurt you," Ash said as he kissed the top of her forehead.

"Don't worry, it wasn't your fault. So, where are we going?" Tara asked as she was pulled away from her house.

"Far away from here that's for sure. You're coming with us to the Hoenn reigion. Oh, and I think Pidgey wants you as his trainer," Ash said as Pidgey landed on Tara's shoulder.

"Really?!"

"Piyoo!" Pidgey called.

"Here, you can have one of my Pokeballs to catch him with. Go ahead."

"Alright."

Tara took the Pokeball and tossed it into the air as Pidgey flew at it, being locked inside with a light pop. Tara caught the Pokeball and released Pidgey who returned to her shoulder. Now that Tara had her first Pokemon, she was now offically a Pokemon trainer which made her extremely happy. They now were heading to the docks where they would be getting on a ship headed to Hoenn. There they would spend the night, or at least until their ship left.

End of chapter