Pokemon Fan Fiction ❯ Team Rocket Strikes Back! An AAML Story ❯ Chapter 5: More Chaos Part 1 ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 5: More Chaos Part 1
 
A/N: (3/3/2005) Added a few lines and tightened up the story a little. Enjoy!
 
 
Team Rocket has been in the Cinnabar Island area for some time, sitting around discussing past events at the same time Ash and company are having their party back in Pallet Town.
 
Jessie: (Thinking and reminiscing) Remember when we first went into the Orange Islands? Things started to get more difficult for us...
 
James: Yeah. It was hard trying to keep up with the twerps, and then we had to deal with that new guy, Tracy.
 
Meowth: Yeah. He was a pain, just like that Brock guy. (Has wicked thought) Hey, why didn't we bomb his hometown? I am sure we could find out somehow where it is.
 
Jessie: Yeah, you're right, Meowth. We should have bombed that town or city too.
 
James: (Also thinking and reminiscing) Hmmm... hey! Remember when we tried to catch that Ditto in that theater place?
 
Meowth: Yes. That trainer, what was her name... (Thinks about it for a second) Duplica? She was really a pain, too.
 
Jessie: We saw her again not too long ago, right? With that mini Ditto?
 
James: (Gets depressed all of a sudden) So many tries... and not one Pokemon to show for it.
 
Meowth: Don't feel down, Jimmy! (Pats James on the back)
 
Jessie: (Moves closer to James and sits down next to him) What's wrong?
 
James: Nothing. (Turns his head away) It's just that it took us so long to get a real victory, and we still have nothing to show for it. I mean that we're good with the Boss, we have a better name in Team Rocket now, but no new Pokemon. I hope the boss don't want us to hide forever...
 
Jessie: (Puts her hand on James' shoulder) Hey, don't feel down. He said he had another assignment for us in a couple of weeks. I'm sure we'll have some more adventure and we'll have a chance to get some Pokemon and cause some trouble again.
 
Meowth: Don't worry, James. The boss will let us start out on our own or on his assignment soon. Maybe we should ask him if we can do two more bombings? That'll get your spirits up!
 
James: I guess. (Happily) Yeah, let's ask him if we can do a few more local "incidents" to teach the people of the Kanto region to fear Team Rocket!
 
Jessie: Good idea! Let's ask the boss next time he calls...
 
The next day, back in Pallet Town, Ash and Company are getting some shopping done in Pallet Town. Ash and Misty go to the clothing store to redeem their certificates that they got from Brock. Brock is shopping around for supplies they need to start their Pokemon training and also to stock up for their new, future journey.
 
In the clothing store...
 
Ash: (Talking to Misty) You find anything yet?
 
Misty: Maybe. I'm not sure if I want anything from this part of the store. We should get new outfits, though. We have been wearing the same style and same clothes for like, forever.
 
(Author note: It's amazing how they wear the same clothes for two years at least, and they don't wear out or get torn or anything else, in the cartoon show. (How do they wash them all of the time?) Figure that out... anyway, back to the story)
 
Ash: You're right, Misty. It's time for a new look. (Ash turns and walks to another part of the store to look at more clothes)
 
Misty continues to look around the store and comes across a couple things that catch her eye. She quickly looks around to see if Ash is watching her... he isn't. Ash is looking at something else on the other side of the store... Misty takes advantage of this opportunity and grabs the clothes and heads into the changing room.
 
Misty: (Thinking to herself) These clothes look good, let's see if they fit.
 
Misty changes into a new outfit, while Ash makes his way around the store, looking for Misty.
 
Ash: Misty, where did you go? I think I found something.
 
Misty: (Loudly from stall) I found something too! Hold on a sec and I'll show you the outfit I'm going to buy.
 
Ash: Okay, I'll be right here by the shirts. (Thinks to himself) Hmm... I wonder what she picked out?
 
Misty: Okay, Ash. Here I come. (Walks out of the changing room toward Ash) Well, Ash, what do you think? (Does modeling pose) You like my new look?
 
Misty stands in front of Ash in the new outfit that she picked out. She is wearing snugly fitting blue jeans, and a black short sleeve shirt with a water drop on the front in the center of the shirt, the drop looking exactly like the Cerulean City gym badge. Misty has also let her hair down out of the ponytails.
 
Ash: (Stunned at the sight of Misty) Uhh... (Tries to put some words together)... you look great... (Looks her up and down)... and very pretty...
 
Misty: (Flattered) Thanks, Ash. I wanted something different and more grown up looking. This fits the bill, right?
 
Ash: Yeah. (Looks Misty in the eye) You look great, Mist. Now lets see if I can suprise you like you just did to me. Wait here; I'll be right back. (Goes into the other changing room on the other side of the store, while Misty patiently waits for him)
 
Ash: (Walking toward Misty) I was thinking about buying this outfit. What do you think?
 
Ash steps out in front of Misty with his new outfit. He is wearing a dark blue pair of jeans, a black T-shirt with a lightning bolt across the front. He has a new dark green vest over the T-shirt, and is also sporting new black leather gloves and a new cap, which is the official league cap for the year.
 
Misty: (Looks Ash up and down) Is that you, Ash? (Pulls Ash towards her, blushing) You look so handsome. Let's go and change and then pay for these. I'm sure your mom won't recognize us.
 
Ash: Okay. (Ash and Misty change back into their old clothes and use their certficates from Brock to pay for the new outfits they selected.) They head back to the Ketchum residence, where Brock is waiting for them, having finished his shopping early.
 
The next day, Ash, Misty, and Brock start training with their respective Pokemon, and battling each other in Pokemon duels, growing in strength and skill.
 
For the next few weeks, Ash, Misty, and Brock train their Pokemon quite heavily, battling other trainers who pass through Pallet Town. They even travel around the countryside, looking for battles. Ash's Chikorita evolves into a Bayleef, Misty's Staryu evolves into a Starmie, and Brock's Geodude evolves into a Graveler. It has been quite a while since the bombings, and Ash's mother is starting to wonder if Ash is going to go back to Johto to get his last badge- she can't figure out what her son wants...
 
Two more weeks pass... and Delia is beginning to get really worried.
 
Delia: (Talking to Prof. Oak at his lab) Samuel, have you noticed anything different about my son or his friends recently? I'm worried about him, I thought he was going to go back and get his last Johto badge, but he seems to be focused only on training here for some reason. It seems like he has a new attitude to go with that new style of his. Any theories?
 
Prof. Oak: Well, maybe Ash, Misty, and Brock are still being affected by what happened. Maybe he wants to train to get stronger before going back to Johto. As for the new attitude and style, well maybe he's just growing up. You know teenagers these days...
 
Delia: You could be right; I think I'm just worrying too much about Ash. Thanks for listening to my problems.
 
Prof. Oak: No problem. Tell Ash, Misty, and Brock to stop by here later, so I can see their newly evolved Pokemon and make sure they're okay.
 
Delia: Sure. See you later. (Walks out of the lab and goes back to her home)
 
Professor Oak returns to his work. In the meantime Giovanni contacts Team Rocket...
 
Giovanni: (On phone talking to Jessie) Good, you guys have stayed low and out of sight. I think enough time has passed... people will start to think they're safe. Now, are you ready for next assignment?
 
Jessie: Uh, before we go another assignment, we have a question to ask you, Boss.
 
Giovanni: (Curious) Well, what is it?
 
Jessie: We were wondering if we could do another two bombings, one of which would be the hometown of that other twerp that was traveling with Ash, Tracy- he was from somewhere in the Orange Islands. The other would be that Imite House, because the owner of that place caused us some big trouble in the past. What do you think, boss? We could make the Orange Islands tremble in fear of Team Rocket, and the other place be bombed would remind the residents of Kanto who really is in charge.
 
Giovanni: (Thinking about it) Hold on a second... hmm. Maybe you have a point. They think they're secure in Kanto now, and the Orange Islands could use a little "shaking". I'm sure we can find out which city in the Orange Islands to hit. You three set up the next attack in Kanto, then after that is done, rush over to the Orange Islands and strike there. I will give you instructions after that. Got it?
 
Jessie: (Nervously) Got it, boss. I'll call you when we're ready.
 
Giovanni: Sounds good. (Hangs up the phone)
 
James: Jessie, what did he say?
 
Meowth: Yeah, spill the beans. What da Boss have to say?
 
Jessie: He said that our plan was okay, and to go ahead and bomb both, starting here in Kanto first, then rushing over to Orange Islands. He'll let us know what city we hit over there.
 
James: (Excited) Great!
 
Jessie: Let's get going then!
 
Meowth: Right!
 
Team Rocket start on the way back to the mainland, being ever so careful not to be seen. Surprise is the total key to what they want to do next... more bombings. Ash, Misty, and Brock decide to take a short break from their training to go up to Cerulean City. There is a twofold purpose for this, first reason is to visit Misty's sisters and secondly to see how the rebuilding work is going.
 
At Ash's house...
 
Misty: We're going to walk to Cerulean City, right?
 
Brock: Actually... (Ash hits Brock)
 
Ash: What Brock means is, well, come here, Misty. I got something for you. (Leads Misty around to the back of the house) This is for you, I know it's like three years late, but I guess it's better late that never. (Opens door to the shed, revealing a new red bike inside, similar in style to the one that Misty had before)
 
Misty: (Eyes glowing) Wow, it looks so nice. Thank you so much, Ash. I know you figured out that I wasn't following you for the bike a long time ago, but still... (Very happy) It looks so pretty! This must have cost a lot of money.
 
Ash: Don't worry about that, Misty. I have a bike here and there is one extra one here for Brock, so know we can all have a bike to use. I think it'll be much faster to bike to Cerulean. (Puts his arm around her) Then you can show off your new bike to your sisters.
 
Misty: Ash, you are the best. (Leans over and gives Ash a kiss) Let's get going. Maybe we can make a stop somewhere on the way.
 
Ash: Where did you want to stop?
 
Misty: Maybe we can see Duplica's Imite House. She reopened and renovated the place, and we haven't been back here in the area for a long time.
 
Ash: Yeah, we'll stop there. I'm sure Brock won't have a problem with a extra stop. Besides, I think he likes her.
 
Misty: Ash, he goes ga-ga over almost every girl we run into. (Sighs)
 
Ash: I guess you're right. (Ash and Misty both have big sweatdrops) Let's get going. (Hops on his bike and then calls for Brock) We're heading out!
 
Brock: (Yelling back) Got it!
 
Ash's mom comes out of the house and on the front porch. Pikachu runs towards Ash.
 
Delia: You guys be very careful out there! Call me when you get there, Ash. Bye!
 
Ash: Okay mom, we will. Bye! (Pikachu hops in the basket on the back of Ash's bike)
 
Ash, Misty, and Brock start on their way towards Cerulean City at the same exact time Team Rocket is sailing across the sea. Team Rocket has aimed their course towards the outskirts of Pallet Town, staying far away from the security force that patrols that city, and the others that were hit. Security is high everywhere in the Kanto region, most towns/villages/cities have increased security, and even the main routes have an occasional officer going down them in patrol. Of course, the police are not everywhere, and this is what Team Rocket is counting on as they land east of Pallet and head to their next target.
 
Later that day, after a long bike ride, Ash, Misty, and Brock arrive at the Imite House. At the same time, further SW of their location, Team Rocket is moving towards the Imite House.
 
Jessie: (Dressed as a Pokemon Trainer, but she has dyed her hair black) Come on, James. Keep moving. (Turns her head to look at Meowth, who is walking on all fours behind her) And you, don't talk at all, you'll give us away!
 
Meowth: Meow!
 
Jessie: That's good. Anybody asks James, we are on our way to Mt. Silver to train.
 
James: (Also dressed like a Pokemon trainer, he has dyed his hair black) Got it. (Looks ahead along the road) Uh-oh! I see the police on patrol. Act casual.
 
Jessie: No problem. Remember what I told you, Meowth!
 
The patrol officers continue down the road and then see the traveling team. The officers stop to ask the group some questions.
 
Officer 1: Hello there! Where are you all headed?
 
Jessie: We're on our way to Mt. Silver for some Pokemon training. It's getting dark, are we near any place that would be good for camping?
 
At that instant, one of Jessie's pokeballs' opens and out pops Wobbuffet.
 
Wobbuffet: WOOOOOOOOOOBBBBBBBBBBUFFET!
 
Jessie: (To Wobbuffet) You! Back in your pokeball! (Wobbuffet goes back into the Pokeball)
 
Officer 2: (Looking at Officer 1) Maybe we should question these two further. That Team Rocket group that caused the bombings was said to have a Wobbuffet.
 
Officer 1: Agreed. (Turns his head and begins to talk to James) I'm sorry; I didn't catch your names.
 
James: My name is Jim, and this my good friend, Jessica.
 
Officer 2: Have you had that Wobbuffet long?
 
Jessie: Actually, we just got it in the Cinnabar Islands, there was a group of three people who made a trade with us. They were kinda shady looking, though. We both train this Meowth here, and Jim has a Victreebel.
 
Officer 1: Hmm...
 
Officer 2: Sounds like we should call the police in Cinnabar and have them be on alert. Team Rocket may strike again, and they were in that area. How long ago were you in the Cinnabar Islands?
 
James: About 4 or 5 days ago.
 
Officer 2: Thanks for being so cooperative. If you see anything suspicious or anyone with a talking Meowth, just call the local police right away.
 
Officer 1: There is a field with some trees just ahead on the road, that's a favorite spot for trainers to stop for the night. Have a nice day, and good luck with your training.
 
Jessie: Thank you!
 
The officers continue down the road, talking to themselves. Jessie and James breath a huge sigh of relief.
 
Meowth: Whew! That was close!
 
Jessie: You said it. I am glad they didn't ask too many questions. It was nice to use my real name for once.
 
James: I'm glad I didn't spurt out my real name. Anyway, lets go up to that camping site and camp out for the night. Then we'll discuss tomorrow's plan for the Imite House and that Duplica girl.
 
Jessie: Sounds good to me.
 
Team Rocket continues up the road and soon has set up camp for the night. They make a fire and discuss their plans for the following day.
 
At the Imite House...
 
Ash: (Knocking on the door) Hello! You there, Duplica?
 
Misty: It's Misty, Ash, and Brock here to pay you a visit.
 
Brock: I just saw a light go on. Maybe she's coming. (Thinking to himself) I hope she's here; I would like to see her again.
 
After another 10 seconds go by, the door opens. Duplica steps outside and looks at her old friends; a smile forms on her face. The trio cannot help but notice that Duplica is a bit taller than the last time they seen her, and she has grown up a lot as well. This fact doesn't escape Brock, because he is immediately struck by her appearance and is speechless.
 
Duplica: Hi guys! It's been a long time! It took me a second to recognize you three. Especially Ash and Misty... those new looks at outfits threw me for a second. Nice to have you guys back at the Imite House.
 
Ash: (Puts his arm around Misty) Misty and I are back... in black!
 
Misty: Can we come in?
 
Duplica: Sure. (Misty and Ash walk into the building) How are you doing, Brock?
 
Brock: (Still love-struck) Ummm... I'm doing fine. I almost didn't recognize you...
 
Duplica: You look a little different, but still as handsome as ever. (Brock blushes) Come in.
 
Brock: Sure. (Brock walks into the building and closes the door.)
 
In the Imite House, Main Living Room.
 
Duplica: Sit down over there, guys. (Pointing to a living room area) So, what have you three been up to lately? I heard about the Whirl Cup thing on the T.V., but other than that, not much else.
 
Ash: Well, I got my 7th badge just before the bombings began. (Shows Duplica the badge he got from Pryce)
 
Misty: After the Whirl Cup, we decided to finish touring the whirl islands and to continue on forward. Ash here is getting good, but still, he's not strong enough to defeat...
 
Ash: (Annoyed) Defeat what, Misty?
 
Misty: (Makes a peace sign) The Mighty Misty!
 
Duplica chuckles, and Ash just sighs. Brock is spaced out, daydreaming.
 
Ash: (Standing up) Oh, really?
 
Misty: Yep. (Also stands up) Who got to round three in the Whirl Cup? (Pulls out a mallet seemingly from nowhere) Any questions?
 
Ash: (Sweatdrop) Uhh... no. (Looks Misty in the eye) You know what Misty? You will always be my Mighty Misty. (Misty blushes)
 
Duplica: Aww... how cute.
 
Brock: Those two...
 
Duplica: Aww, poor Brock. Don't worry, I'm sure there is a perfect girl out there for you somewhere.
 
Brock: (Getting sparkly eyed) That's so nice of you to say, I hope I find this wonderful person... (Starts staring at Duplica)
 
After about 3 seconds, Brock has a reflex action and his head moves back, like someone was pulling on his ear. He expects to hear Misty say something and drag him away, but all he hears is silence. Misty and Ash are staring at each other and are too busy to stop the love-struck Brock...
 
Duplica: (Slightly blushing) Anyway, you guys hear about the new security measures they want to implement in the Kanto region?
 
Brock: (Returning to reality) Oh, yeah. I heard they started patrolling the main roads, and the security is getting really tight. What is this world coming to?
 
Ash: (Getting mad) Team Rocket has gone too far this time!
 
Misty: Ash is totally right. They are going way too far. Going after Pokemon is one thing, but to terrorize people and destroy cities? They have to be stopped!
 
Duplica: I agree with you guys. They are getting out of hand, and they went after your hometowns, of all places.
 
Brock: They should be stopped. Ash, should I tell her about our mission?
 
Ash: I don't see why we shouldn't.
 
Duplica: (Confused) Huh? Mission?
 
Misty: Well, all three of us are on a mission to stop Team Rocket. It's a secret, we haven't told anyone else. Ash's mom and everyone else think we're going back on a journey, to help Ash get his last badge.
 
Ash: We've been training the past couple of weeks, helping our Pokemon grow stronger. We wanna take Team Rocket down!
 
Duplica: Wow, you guys are really serious about this. If anyone know Team Rocket, it's you three.
 
Brock: Yes, unfortunately. They never stop.
 
Duplica looks up at a clock that is hanging on the wall, it says that it is 8:30 PM.
 
Duplica: You guys want something to eat or drink? I got something cooked already. I bet you all are hungry after that ride over here.
 
Brock: (Gets sparkled eyed again) You cook? Wow...
 
Duplica: (Makes a peace sign) Yep. I gotta do a lot of things to run this theater by myself. You guys came a few hours after the last show of the day. I'll be right back. (Leaves the room)
 
Brock: Wow, she runs everything here. Must be a lot of work.
 
Misty: I would think so. I wonder where her Ditto and Mini-Ditto are?
 
Ash: Don't know. You see them anywhere, Pikachu?
 
Pikachu gets up and walks around but finds nothing.
 
Duplica: (Walking back into the room) I'm back. Here is some soup for everyone. (Puts soup bowls down and pours out the soup into the bowls)
 
Brock: It looks and smells wonderful, Duplica. (Begins to eat the soup)
 
Ash: This is some good soup... (Chows down in usual Ash style)
 
Misty: (Eating the soup) Ash, take it easy. Its not like we haven't eaten in a week.
 
Ash: Sorry, Misty. But you know how I am with food.
 
Brock: Duplica, where are your Dittos at?
 
Duplica: They must be around here somewhere... Brock, look behind the couch.
 
Brock gets up and looks behind the couch, and sees the two dittos fast asleep.
 
Brock: I found 'em.
 
Duplica: That's their usual spot to sleep, nice and quiet. They had a long day- we had three shows today. Too bad you guys missed them.
 
Brock: (Quickly thinking) Maybe we can come back tomorrow or something. (Out loud) Maybe we could see one of your shows tomorrow.
 
Ash: Good idea, Brock.
 
Misty: Well, what do you think, Duplica?
 
Duplica: Sure, come by before 10, and I'll give you guys the house seats.
 
Brock: (Grabs Duplica's hand) Great! We'll see you tomorrow! Thank you so much!
 
Duplica: (Slightly blushing) Uhh... no problem. (Brock lets go of her hand)
 
Ash: Come on, Brock we gotta go. It's late, and we gotta get over to Cerulean. Come on, Pikachu. (Pikachu runs up to Ash and hops on his shoulder)
 
Misty: We'll be back tomorrow, ok? Maybe then we can show you our Pokemon. Let's go Brock. (Grabs his ear)
 
Brock: (Being dragged out of the door by Misty) Bye Duplica! See yah tomorrow!
 
Duplica: See you guys tomorrow! Thanks for stopping by! (Closes the door behind them)
 
Ash, Misty, and Brock get on their bikes, turn on the headlights, and quickly pedal away to get to Cerulean at a somewhat decent hour. Team Rocket has finished discussing their plans for the next day and is talking around the campfire, full of excitement about the next day's events.
 
After a strenuous bike ride, the trio makes it back to the Cerulean City Gym, where Misty's sisters are waiting for them...
 
To be continued in part 2.