Pokemon Fan Fiction ❯ Team Rocket Strikes Back! An AAML Story ❯ Chapter 4: Pallet Town and Beyond ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 4: Pallet Town and Beyond
 
A/N: (3/1/2005) Minor editing here, this is where the story starts getting more intense. Hang on, the ride is gonna get bumpy!
 
 
In Pallet Town, inside Prof. Oak's lab, Tracy and Prof. Oak eagerly await the return of the Pidgeot.
 
Prof. Oak: (Looking up thru the window) The Pidgeot are coming back! Let's see what they have to report. (The Pidgeot land on an upper perch)
 
Tracy: What did you find, guys?
 
A huge explosion rips through the area, knocking the professor and Tracy to the ground. The Pidgeot had just landed and were also knocked to the ground. The laboratory has been heavily damaged.
 
Tracy: You okay, professor?
 
Prof. Oak: (Climbing up to his feet) I'm okay, Tracy... but the lab isn't. (Looks around and begins to get angry) It'll take weeks to get this place back together. (Turns his head) Look, Tracy, over there. (Points up at a hole in the ceiling, where rockets are streaking by.) What are those?
 
Explosive rockets fly out from the Team Rocket base towards the town, creating mounds of rubble and utter chaos everywhere.
 
Across town at the Ketchum residence... Mr. Mime is going wild, it can sense what's going on in the surrounding area...
 
Mr. Mime: (Excitedly) Mime, Mime!
 
Delia Ketchum: What is it? (A loud explosion is heard nearby) Aahh!
 
Mr. Mime: Miiimmme! (Runs outside of the house)
 
Delia Ketchum: What is it? (Follows Mr. Mime outside) What's going on here?
 
A set of rockets approach the house on a direct collision course.
 
Delia Ketchum: (Anxiously) Mr. Mime, hurry and put a wall around the house before those rockets get here!!
 
Mr. Mime: Mime!! (Mr. Mime hurriedly throws up invisible barriers around the property, just in time to protect it.)
 
The rockets hit the barriers and explode. The shock wave throws Delia and Mr. Mime to the ground, but they are otherwise unhurt. The house escaped damage, unlike the others in town.
 
Delia Ketchum: Whew, that was close (wipes her forehead with a handkerchief). Mr. Mime, let's go and make sure everyone else is ok.
 
Delia and Mr. Mime go down the road into town and look to see if they can be of any assistance. Back at the Team Rocket secret base...
 
Jessie: We did it! Yes!
 
James: That town really payed! That'll teach the twerp!
 
Meowth: Ahh, the smell of sucess! Let's get out of here, and then we'll call da boss.
 
James: Meowth, where should we go? If we go back inland, we are sure to be discovered.
 
Jessie: James is right. Where are we going to go now?
 
Meowth: The only way we can, south. We go out to the sea, and sail down to one of those islands and hangout for a while. We can call the boss from there.
 
Jessie and James: Great! Let's go!
 
Team Rocket leaves their base and heads south, keeping to the forest and away from people. Back in Pallet Town, Delia Ketchum finds something among the rubble of one of the homes.
 
Delia Ketchum: A note! And it looks like the one that was found in Cerulean City and Pewter City, at least from what I heard on the radio. (Sees Prof. Oak and Tracy running down the road toward her) Hey, over here guys!
 
Tracy: What's that in your hand?
 
Prof. Oak: What is it that, Delia?
 
Delia Ketchum: (Loudly) It's a note from Team Rocket! They did this to our town!
 
Tracy: Does it say why on the note?
 
Delia Ketchum: It says that people that interfere with Team Rocket will be punished. It sounds like the same note that Pewter and Cerulean got.
 
Prof. Oak: Wait a second here... (Thinking to self) Our town, Cerulean, and Pewter City... the three cities that got hit are the three cities that our travelers are from- Ash, Misty, and Brock!
 
Tracy: Maybe this is some kind of revenge?
 
Delia Ketchum: Maybe they're trying to get back at the towns for all of the plans my son and his friends have stopped.
 
Prof. Oak: Makes sense to me. At least no one was really hurt in any of the three bombings. The amount of destruction they did was quite a bit...
 
Delia Ketchum: Speaking of that, is everyone else in town okay?
 
Prof. Oak: Yeah, we just came from the center of town and everyone else is ok, but their homes aren't.
 
Delia Ketchum: At least everyone's ok... (Sighs) I hope Ash is ok. I'm sure when he hears about this he'll...
 
Tracy: He'll be ok, I don't think you have to worry. Besides, Brock and Misty are with him. I know Misty won't let him get nuts...
 
Delia Ketchum: What do you mean, Tracy?
 
Prof. Oak: You didn't see it, Delia? Your son really likes Misty.
 
Tracy: And she likes him, I could tell by the way those two acted around one another. There were a few times in the Orange Islands where those two really supported each other... there's no doubt about it, they do have feelings for each other.
 
Delia Ketchum: Oh my... my little boy is growing up so fast! Let's go the center of town and have a town meeting to discuss what we're going to do next.
 
Prof. Oak: All right.
 
Prof. Oak, Tracy and Delia Ketchum walk to the center of Pallet Town. Mr. Mime heads back to the house, just in case something else happens. In the meantime, word gets out about the bombing in Pallet Town and spreads like wildfire...
 
In Pewter City, it's the crack of dawn when the news reaches there. Brock is up early and is listening to the radio, when he hears about Pallet Town. He runs in the front room and grabs Ash and yells at him...
 
Brock: Wake up! Wake up!
 
Ash: (Angry) What, Brock? What is it?
 
Misty: (Now awakened as well) Keep it down Brock!
 
Brock: You're not going to believe this... Team Rocket hit Pallet Town, too!
 
Ash: (Surprised) What! When?
 
Brock: Just a little while ago.
 
Misty: Oh, my. Ash...
 
Ash: (Concerned) Is everyone okay there?
 
Brock: Yeah, no one got hurt. But the town is totally wrecked. Even Professor Oak's lab was hit.
 
Misty: Tracy and the Professor were working on some important stuff there. I wonder what kind of shape the professor's lab is in?
 
Brock: Yeah, I wonder. Let's all go over to the radio and see if they have any more information.
 
Ash: Good idea. (Turns his head) Pikachu, stay here and take care of Togepi.
 
Pikachu: Pika!
 
Ash, Misty, and Brock go into another room of Brock's house where there is a large radio. All three of them sit down around it and listen to the news report. After a while, the report ends, having given out a lot of relevant information, including what happened to the houses and other structures in Pallet Town. Ash breathes a sigh of relief at hearing his house wasn't damaged, but then lowers his head and begins to sob.
 
Ash: Why! (Slams fist down) Those Team Rocket! They are going to pay! (Continues to sob)
 
Misty: Oh, Ash. (Misty gets up and sits next to Ash) Ash, look at me. (Ash turns his head toward Misty) Stop crying. We're here for you. It'll be ok. (Misty grabs a handkerchief and wipes Ash's tears off of his face) (Whispering softly) Ash, you helped me get through when my town got hit. Now I'll be here for you.
 
Ash: (Sniffling) Thanks, Misty.
 
Brock: It'll be fine, Ash. We'll get them. We're here for you, man.
 
Misty: Ash... (Misty moves next to Ash and puts her arms around him. Ash slowly puts his arms around her) We'll make it through. Trust me, my dear Ash. (She squeezes him tighter)
 
Ash: You are... the best friend a guy could have. (Pulls back and puts his hands on Misty's shoulders) Thanks, Misty.
 
Misty: No problem. Now, what to do? Should we go to Pallet Town right away?
 
Ash: Yeah!
 
Brock: Ok then. Let's get our stuff together and we'll go. Before we go, I gotta tell my father what's going on and where we're going. I'll be back in a sec. (Brock walks out of the room)
 
Ash: I'll bet there is a note in Pallet Town, just like the other towns.
 
Misty: Probably. I'm going to get my stuff ready, feed Togepi, and then I'll be ready.
 
Ash: I'll be ready in a flash! I just gotta get some food for Pikachu and I'll be ready to go. Go ahead and get ready, Misty. I'll wait for you and Brock by the door when I'm done. (Walks toward the front room)
 
Misty: Ok, Ash. (Walks toward the kitchen to get some food)
 
About thirty minutes later Ash, Misty, and Brock leave Brock's house on their way to Pallet Town to investigate this latest series of bombings.
 
As the trio heads toward Pallet Town, Team Rocket has already snuck past the town, and stolen a boat from a port just south of the town. They are now on their way south toward Cinnabar Island and the surrounding islets.
 
 
Three hours later in a field just north of Pallet Town Ash has a sudden burst of energy...
 
Ash: Hurry up! We're almost there!
 
Misty: (Breathing heavy) Slow down, Ash! We're exhausted!
 
Brock: (Breathing heavy) Wait up, man!
 
Ash: You guys need to get in shape! (Misty and Brock look at Ash with a look that says "I'm gonna get you for that") Just kidding, guys! We'll stop for a second. (Gets a snack out of his bag) Here, Pikachu, here's a snack for yah... (Pikachu snatches the treat from Ash and jumps to the ground)
 
Misty: Good idea, Ash. I think we could all use a snack. Right, Brock?
 
Brock: Yeah. (Brock pulls out a bunch of trail mix from his backpack) Is this okay?
 
Ash: Sure. (Holds out his hands) Pour me some, man. (Brock pours some trail mix into Ash's hands)
 
Misty: I'll take some Brock. (Misty holds out her hands, and also receives some trail mix) Here you go, Togepi. (Misty takes a few pieces and gives them to Togepi, who eats them and squeals with delight)
 
Brock: (Munching down on the mix) This is good! It's a special Pewter City variety... wait, who's that coming across the field?
 
Ash: Where? (Brock points straight ahead at a moving figure)
 
Misty: Who is that? (Yelling) Who's there?
 
Delia Ketchum: (Yelling as she gets closer) Is that you, Misty?
 
Misty: (Relieved) It's Ash's mom. (Yelling) Yes, it's me. Ash and Brock are over here, too.
 
Ash: Come on, let's go meet her!
 
Ash, Misty, and Brock- along with Pikachu and Togepi, go up to Ash's mother. They all begin to talk about what happened and how everyone is in Pallet Town. After a little while, the whole group heads down to Prof. Oak's lab to meet with him and Tracy.
 
At the lab...
 
Prof. Oak: (Very distressed about what just happened) This is just terrible, all of these bombings!
 
Delia Ketchum: I totally agree with you, Professor.
 
Ash: This has got to stop! I hope they don't bomb anywhere else!
 
Misty: From the three notes that were found, I think they were after us.
 
Brock: I agree with Misty. I think Team Rocket was getting revenge on us.
 
Tracy: They've already started repairing and rebuilding the town, like Pewter City and Cerulean City have started doing. It'll be a while before this town is up and running again...
 
Prof. Oak: I think we need increased security and more police power, especially in towns where there are gyms or important labs- who knows if and when they'll strike again.
 
The rest of the group nods their head in agreement and say “yes” Professor Oak is right on the mark...
 
Ash: Mom, I know that our house wasn't hit, but I want to stay here for a while and help out, and take a break from traveling for a while.
 
Misty: I'll stay too. (Looks at Ash) Besides, my sisters can handle rebuilding the gym. (Ash flashes her a smile)
 
Brock: My father and family can handle back in Pewter. I wanna stay for a while.
 
Delia Ketchum: (Happily) Great! You can all stay at my place. It's so nice that you all want to help here.
 
Prof. Oak: That's very noble of you guys. Maybe you guys can help Tracy and I with rebuilding the lab later.
 
Tracy: We could use a hand...
 
Ash, Misty, and Brock: Sure!
 
After some more conversation and small talk, Prof. Oak and Tracy start clearing away rubble in the lab area. Ash, Misty, and Brock follow Delia back to her place.
 
Mr. Mime: Mime!
 
Delia Ketchum: Yes, I'm back, Mimie! Brock, you and Ash stay upstairs in Ash's room, you two can decide who gets which bunk. Misty can stay down here on the sofa sleeper.
 
Brock: Thanks!
 
Misty: Thank you!
 
Ash: Come on guys, let's put our stuff away and get something to eat! I'm starved!
 
The three heroes put their stuff away and go down to the kitchen, where Delia has a wonderful home cooked lunch waiting for them. As they eat lunch, they are totally unaware the Team Rocket has just arrived at a secret base in the Cinnabar Island region and is up to no good...
 
Jessie: We finally got here! That took forever, and that weather over the sea didn't help any, either. (Feels queasy)
 
James; Well, at least we're here. (Turns to Meowth) You got the cell phone?
 
Meowth: Yep. I wonder what assignment the boss has for us now? We did get back at those twerps good.
 
Jessie: Let's call the boss! (Dials in Giovanni's number)
 
Giovanni: (Picking up his phone) Who is this?
 
Jessie: It's Jessie, reporting in, along with James and Meowth.
 
Giovanni: Good. Are you three at our Cinnabar base?
 
Jessie: Yes sir.
 
Giovanni: Stay there. You can mingle around in the main islands next week, but stay low and DON'T let anyone figure out who you are. I need you out of the spotlight for about a month or so, to let the impact of what you did sink in. Then I'll send you on your next assignment.
 
Jessie: (Curiously) What might that be, boss?
 
Giovanni: (Loudly) I'll let you know soon enough. Just stay low and out of sight. Call me back in two weeks. (Hangs up the phone)
 
Jessie: (Putting the phone away) Good news!
 
James: What?
 
Meowth: Spill!
 
Jessie: The boss told us to stay here and lay low for a while, like a whole month!
 
James: Cool! Now we can relax and not have to worry about be bothered by the twerps!
 
Meowth: (Excitedly) You said it, Jim!
 
Jessie: Now, what do you two want to do...
 
Team Rocket discusses what to do with all of the free time they suddenly have on their hands. Time passes, and it is the end of the day. Back in Pallet Town at the Ketchum residence...
 
Ash: Good night mom! Good night Misty!
 
Misty and Delia: Good night, Ash.
 
Ash goes upstairs and climbs into his bed.
 
Brock: Well, what you getting Misty? The party your mom is holding for both of your birthdays is the day after tomorrow.
 
Ash: (Sighs) I still don't know what to get her. You have any ideas?
 
Brock: Well, you could get her...
 
Ash and Brock talk for a few hours about the gift for Misty and other topics, and finally go to sleep. The next morning at breakfast...
 
Misty: (Puzzled) Where's Ash and Brock? Normally they would be down here before me.
 
Delia: I don't know Misty. Finish up and then go see why they haven't gotten up yet.
 
Misty quickly eats her breakfast and starts to head up the stairs to Ash's room.
 
Misty: Pikachu, come with me upstairs. I might need you to give Ash and Brock a "wake up call" (Chuckles to herself)
 
Pikachu: Pi! (Follows Misty upstairs)
 
Misty: (Knocking on Ash's door) Wake up! (Yelling) I am not getting stuck with chores while you two sleep!
 
Ash: (Half awake) Huh? Did someone say something, Brock?
 
Brock: (Mumbling to himself in his sleep) No, don't do that Jenny. That tickles...
 
Ash: (Sweatdrop) Brock?
 
Misty: (Opens door to the room and walks in) Get up guys! Pikachu, give them a... (Smiles evilly)... wake up jolt!
 
Pikachu: PI!! (Pikachu charges up a thunderbolt and zaps Ash and Brock)
 
(Pikachu didn't want to get stuck with extra work/chores, while the guys were sleeping... that's why he obeyed Misty without hesitation)
 
Ash: (Screaming) AAAAAAAAAhhhh!
 
Brock: (Yelling) Yowww!
 
Ash: (Scratching his head) Misty, why did you have Pikachu do that?
 
Misty: (Talking sweetly) Because Ash, I love you, and I want to share everything with you including... (Starts to laugh)... chores!
 
Ash: (Sighs) I was going to get up eventually...
 
Brock: (Groggily) Me too...
 
Misty: Anyways, get dressed and go eat! Your food is getting cold downstairs. (Raising her voice) We have a lot to do around here and at Professor Oak's lab, and we have that party coming up tomorrow night.
 
Misty walks back downstairs, and Ash grabs some clothes and goes to the bathroom to get ready.
 
Brock: (To Ash) Still want to be her boyfriend?
 
Ash: Brock... (Throws a pillow at Brock)... it's not like I haven't dealt with her moods before. I think she is still stressed out from what happened.
 
Brock: You're probably right.
 
Brock also gets ready for the day ahead. The three heroes work around the house and Professor Oak's lab, and come home later that evening. Ash and Misty are in the front room, watching T.V. together. Brock is about to go upstairs when...
 
Delia: Brock, can I talk to you a second?
 
Brock: Sure. (Walks into the kitchen, where Delia is baking a pie)
 
Delia: Shh! (Whispering) Did Ash decide on a present for Misty yet?
 
Brock: I think so. We were up talking about it for a while last night, that's why we didn't get up early this morning, and... (Scratches his head)... we had to face Misty's wrath.
 
Delia: Oh, ok. I understand. Now what did my son decide on getting her?
 
Brock: He wants to get her a silver friendship ring, that says "Ash and Misty Forever" on it. Did you talk to Misty about what she's getting Ash?
 
Delia: Not yet, but she wanted to ask my thoughts on a good present for Ash.
 
Brock: (Thinking for a second) Maybe she can get him the same thing. It would be so perfect for those two, matching rings.
 
Delia: (Excitedly) You're right, Brock! That would be so great! I'll mention it to her later.
 
Ash: (From the front room) What's going on in there?
 
Misty: (From the front room) What are you two talking about?
 
Brock: (Nervously) Uh... we were discussing a....
 
Delia: ...Baking recipe that Brock just came up with! Looks like a winner.
 
Ash: Oh, ok. (Ash and Misty return to watching T.V.)
 
Brock: (Wipes sweat off of his brow) Whew! That was close!
 
Delia: (Breathes a sigh of relief) I almost thought they heard us. (A loud ringing is heard) Oh, the pie is ready! Go and get Ash and Misty and we'll have dessert. I'll tell you what happens tomorrow.
 
Brock: All right. (Walks into the front room) Come on, the pie is ready. Let's eat!
 
Misty: Great! (Puts her hand on her stomach) I'm starving!
 
Ash: Me too! (Ash and Misty walk into the kitchen, with Brock right behind them)
 
Brock: (To himself) Two of a kind...
 
The next morning...
 
Brock: (Waking up and looking at the alarm clock) Its 9 A.M. already! Ash, get up!
 
Ash: I'm up. Let's get downstairs before we get zapped by Misty again.
 
Brock: Right.
 
(Ash and Brock get up and get dressed. Misty and Delia are downstairs; they fell asleep as the conversation went into the late hours of the night)
 
Brock: Huh? They're still sleeping!
 
Ash: Hmm. (Has an evil thought) Pikachu, come here!
 
Pikachu: (Suspecting what Ash is thinking) Pi! Pi! (Pikachu shakes its head)
 
Ash: Yes, but only a mild one, not what you gave Brock and I. Can you give them a morning jolt for me?
 
Pikachu: Piii! (Pikachu powers up a jolt of electricity and shoots it over to Misty and Delia)
 
Misty & Delia: AAHhh!
 
Misty: (Shaking her head) What was that FOR!
 
Delia: (Mad) Ash!
 
Brock and Ash are on the floor laughing.
 
Ash: Mom, you said you wanted a wake up call... and Misty, that was for yesterday.
 
Misty: (Angry) I oughta... (Ash goes up to her and whispers in her ear)
 
Ash: (Trying to calm her down) Misty... we have our birthday parties today... why don't we just call it even.
 
Misty: (Resigned) Sure, Ash.
 
Delia: Ash, honey, nice joke. You're lucky were having your birthday party today, otherwise, I would have to get you for that, young man.
 
Brock: Come on, guys. Let's go eat breakfast.
 
Delia: Brock, after breakfast, why don't you take those two out shopping in town, ok?
 
Brock: Sure.
 
Brock goes into the kitchen. Ash, Misty, Pikachu, and Delia follow right behind him.
 
After breakfast Ash, Brock, and Misty go shopping while Pikachu stays behind and helps Delia set up for the party. Brock goes out and gets his presents while Misty is looking around another part of the clothing store that they are in.
 
Brock: (Whispering) Ash, come here.
 
Ash: (Quietly) What?
 
Brock: Sneak out of the store and go get that ring for Misty.
 
Ash: Ok. If she asks where I went, tell her I went next door to look for a present for her.
 
Brock: No problem. (Ash leaves the store) Misty, find anything?
 
Misty: Well, not really. I was going to go over to the store across the street and...
 
Brock: Ash just went over there too. Maybe you should wait here until he comes back, so you can go and get what you want and surprise him.
 
Misty: Good idea, Brock. (Misty looks at the piece of paper Brock is holding) What is that Brock?
 
Brock: (Quickly moving the paper behind his back) Uh... my present for you and Ash. Don't spoil the surprise.
 
Misty: Don't worry, I don't even know what that is or what's on it.
 
In the meanwhile, Ash has gone and picked up the ring for Misty, and then he returns back to the clothing store.
 
Brock: There's Ash. Go out and get your present for him. I'll keep him occupied here.
 
Misty: Thanks, Brock. (Misty leaves the store and walks across the street to get Ash's present)
 
Ash: (Seeing Misty leave) Where is she going?
 
Brock: She said she wanted to check out another store. You got the ring?
 
Ash: Yeah. I'm going back to the house to wrap this up and get the card ready. Later. (Ash walks out of the store)
 
Brock: Whew. Finally they both left- they almost saw my present. (Brock walks over to the cashier) Here is my form for the gift certificate. (Hands the form to the cashier)
 
Cashier: How much do you want on the certificate?
 
Brock: I want...
 
Misty has by this time finished her shopping, and has started on the way back to the house as well. Brock follows soon thereafter. Everybody is in a separate room in the house, wrapping up their presents.
 
Later that evening at the Ketchum residence...
 
Ash: It's party time!
 
Misty: Yeah!
 
Brock & Tracey: Happy birthday, guys!
 
Deilia & Prof. Oak: Happy birthday!
 
Pikachu and all of Ash's, Misty's, and Brock's Pokemon also say happy birthday in their respective ways.
 
Everyone enjoys a bite from a huge birthday cake that Brock has baked. As soon as they are done, Ash and Misty begin to open their presents.
 
Delia: Misty's sisters couldn't come, but the sent this here for Misty and Ash. (Hands an envelope to Misty and Ash)
 
Ash: (Opens the envelope and reads the card) Cool! They sent me some money, so I could buy whatever I wanted for my birthday.
 
Misty: (Opens the envelope and reads the card inside) That was nice of them. I got the same thing as Ash.
 
Brock: Here, open these up. (Hands a card to Ash and then to Misty)
 
Misty: (Reads the card and then takes out the enclosed gift certificate) Thanks, Brock! (Gives Brock a hug)
 
Ash: (Looking at the card and the certificate inside) Thanks, Brock! (Shakes Brock's hand)
 
Tracy: Here you go guys- it's a present from me and Prof. Oak. (Hands Misty a present)
 
Misty: Open it up, Ash. (Ash opens the present and pulls out the two palm pads inside)
 
Prof. Oak: They are personalized Pokedexes with new cutting edge technology. I have been working on the new stage of Pokedex for a while, you guys get to keep the prototypes.
 
Misty & Ash: Thanks!
 
Prof. Oak: (Continuing to explain) The Pokedexes have wireless internet capabilities, you can watch TV on them, listen to the radio...
 
Tracy: (Continuing the thought) ...Type up letters, emails, and a whole lot more. There is also a GPS system in them.
 
Ash: Cool.
 
Delia: (Reaches behind her and brings out two new mountain backpacks) Here you go Ash, Misty. These are the newest traveling packs, and I figure our champions here deserve a champion traveling bag. I also got you guys new sleeping bags, and... (Grabs another mountain backpack)... this is for you Brock. I know it's not your birthday, but all three of you should have the best when you are out traveling.
 
Brock: Thank you, Mrs. Ketchum.
 
Ash: Thanks, mom. (Gives his mother a hug)
 
Misty: Thanks, Mrs. Ketchum!
 
Prof. Oak: (Turning to look at Ash and Misty) Now, what did you two get for each other?
 
Ash and Misty both blush at the same time.
 
Ash: I'll go first. (Grabs a little box) I got something for you that shows how much I appreciate your friendship... (Hands the box to Misty)
 
Misty: (Opening the box) Oh Ash, it's beautiful! (She puts the ring on her right hand) It's a perfect fit! (Pulls Ash next to her) (Sweetly) Thank you, Ash. (She leans over and lightly kisses Ash on the cheek) (Whispering to Ash) You're the best.
 
Ash: (Blushing extremely red) Uhhh... anything for you Misty.
 
Misty: This is for you, Ash. (Hands him a similar sized box)
 
Ash: (Opens the box up and sees that she also got him a ring) Misty... it's really nice. (Puts the ring on his right hand) It fits great! (Looking at her ring) We got exactly the same ring for each other. How did you know... (Turns his head to look at Delia and Brock, who turn and act innocent and whistle) It don't matter...
 
Delia: So touching...
 
Prof. Oak: Let's get the music going!
 
Music starts playing, and everyone is dancing. The party goes on late in the night, everyone is having a good time. After a while, Prof. Oak and Tracy leave. Finally, around 12 A.M., the party comes to an end. Ash and company are tired out from the party, so they go to sleep. Brock doesn't go to sleep right away, though.
 
Brock: (Thinking to himself) That was some party tonight, it got my mind off of what happened recently, but I still feel the pain from the destruction of Pewter City. Team Rocket has gone too far... they should be stopped. The police are doing all they can, and security has been tightened... but I still feel a need to go after them. I wonder how Ash and Misty feel about Team Rocket... (Drifts off to sleep)
 
The next morning, the issue is still on Brock's mind. He decides to bring up his thoughts to Ash and Misty in private; they go outside and begin to talk about Team Rocket.
 
Brock: Well, what do you think? Should we go after them?
 
Misty: Well, they did a lot of damage and hurt a lot of people, especially us.
 
Ash: They have gone too far this time, it's one thing to try and steal Pokemon, it's another to blow up towns and shatter lives.
 
Misty: What did you want to do, Brock?
 
Brock: I think we should track them down and bring them in. After all, who has dealt with them more than us? We know most of their tricks. (Puts his right hand forward) Who's with me?
 
Misty: (Putting her right hand forward on top of Brock's) I'm in. How about you Ash?
 
Ash: Count me in. (Puts his right hand on top of Misty's and Brock's hand) Let's do it. Maybe we should do some training here, first. Let's get our Pokemon back into top shape, and then wait and see if Team Rocket shows.
 
Misty: Good idea. (Grabs Ash's hand) We'll get 'em, right Ash?
 
Ash: (Blushing) Of course. (Gently squeezes her hand) We'll stop them before they hurt anyone else.
 
Brock: Good. Let's get started. I'm going to tell your mother that we are going to take a break from the traveling for a while and focus on training our Pokemon and improving our skills.
 
Ash: Sounds good to me...
 
Ash and the others head back inside and begin to prepare for the journey that's ahead of them...
 
To be continued in Chapter 5: More Chaos