Pokemon Fan Fiction ❯ Team Rocket Strikes Back! An AAML Story ❯ Chapter 3- Pewter City and Pallet Town Revisited ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 3- Pewter City and Pallet Town Revisited
 
A/N: (2/27/2005) This is a real short chapter, I just tightened up a few details for this edit, nothing major.
 
 
As was mentioned in the end of the last chapter, Team Rocket is moving quickly towards their final target, Pallet Town. Every town in the area is on high alert- no one knows which town may be next...
 
On the road to Pewter City, Ash and Misty finally catch up to Brock, just before the outskirts of the city.
 
Ash: (Yelling) Yo! Wait up, Brock!
 
Misty: (Also yelling) You almost left your Pokemon behind and you left without us!
 
Brock: (Softly) Sorry, guys. Come on, we're almost there.
 
Ash, Misty, Brock, and Pikachu walk down the road and into Pewter City. Brock walks slower and slower as they proceed through the city- he is deeply troubled and sad.
 
Ash: (Puts hand on Brock's left shoulder) We'll catch up with Team Rocket, man! They'll pay for doing this to Pewter and Cerulean!
 
Misty: (Puts hand on Brock's right shoulder) We're here for you, Brock.
 
Pikachu: Pika, Pika!
 
Brock: (Drops to his knees and starts to sob) Why?! Why!?
 
Our heroes do not speak for about a minute, silent in the face of fresh destruction.
 
Ash: Come on, lets go in the town and see how everything is, and see Brock's father and the Pewter City Gym!
 
Misty: No, Ash. Lets wait a few minutes and let Brock recover here.
 
Ash: Come on!
 
Misty: (Starts to get angry) Ash! Let's wait a moment and let Brock compose himself.
 
Ash: (Getting angry) Misty! I... (Talks quietly)... guess you're right. Sorry.
 
Ash: (Apologetically) Sorry 'bout that Brock. We slipped into our old habit of arguing...
 
Misty: (Interrupts Ash) Ash is right. Sorry Brock. We shouldn't be fighting at a time like this, but should be... (Grabs Ash's hand)... working together to find Team Rocket and solve the mystery of why they are doing these bombings.
 
Pikachu: Pi! Pi!
 
Brock: That's right, Misty. Let's go and find my dad, and see if he has any more information.
 
Misty: Ok. Let's go, Ash.
 
Brock and Pikachu start walking toward the Pewter City gym. Ash and Misty pause for a moment.
 
Misty: I hope we can help him get through this... (Blushing)... just like you helped me, Ash.
 
Ash: (Tightening his grip on Misty's hand) I hope so, Misty. I just gotta...get used to this hand holding thing...
 
Misty: (Softly) Ash... there's no reason to be nervous. People in love with each other do this hand-holding thing a lot. (Whispers in Ash's ear) You do love me, right Ash?
 
Ash: (Whispers back in Misty's ear) Y... yes, I do love you Misty. You are my g... girlfriend, right?
 
Misty: (Pulls Ash close and gives him a hug) Of course. Don't be nervous, Ash. (Lets go of Ash after a brief, warm moment) Come on, let's go to the gym and see what's going on.
 
Ash: Okay.
 
Ash and Misty walk hand in hand down to the Pewter City gym to join Brock and Pikachu, who are talking to Flint, Brock's father.
 
Brock: You guys finally got here... what took you so long?
 
Ash: (Making up an excuse) Umm... Misty and I had to talk for a second.
 
Misty: Yeah, that's right.
 
Brock: Ok, I got it. (Pauses and winks) Anyway, in the rubble here was a copy of the same letter that was in the rubble in Cerulean City.
 
Flint: My son says that Cerulean City gym had a note in the rubble, and the one here matches. I doubled checked with Officer Jenny and she confirmed that the letters are the same.
 
Misty: (Yelling) Then it is Team Rocket! Those creeps!
 
Ash: Are you totally sure?
 
Flint: Absolutely. (Sighs) Do any you guys know why they did this here and in Cerulean City?
 
Misty: No idea, we just know that they did it.
 
Ash: We have no idea why, Flint.
 
Flint: Well, no one was hurt here either. The only thing that happened was building destruction.
 
Meanwhile, while Ash and company are in Pewter City, Team Rocket has arrived in Pallet Town and has begun to set up their next set of explosives.
 
Meowth: We're gonna get that kid for foiling us so many times.
 
Jessie: That little twerp is gonna pay this time!
 
James: Yeah! Let's be careful setting up here, though. Remember what happened last time we went by Oak's place?
 
(Jessie and Meowth lower their heads and sigh.)
 
Meowth: You're right. Let's just set up something nearby that will go and hit Oak's place for us, so we don't get caught again.
 
Jessie: Good idea, Meowth.
 
James: We're going to rock this town tomorrow!
 
Team Rocket: (All at once) Hahahahaha!
 
Back in Pewter City, Flint offers a generous invitation to the road weary travelers that have accompanied his son on his journey...
 
Flint: You guys are welcome to stay with me and the kids in our house for the night. I am sure you are all exhausted from running over here. (Starts to walk towards his house)
 
Ash: Thanks, we're beat!
 
Misty: I'm totally exhausted.
 
Brock: I'll go set up the living room so we can lay our sleeping bags in there for the night. (Brock runs off towards his house, Pikachu follows him as well)
 
Misty: Let's wait here a sec. They have to get the room ready anyway.
 
Ash: (Looks at Misty) Umm... what do you want to do while we wait?
 
Misty: (Looks at Ash) Ash, lets sit and talk for a second.
 
Ash: What's on your mind, Mist?
 
Misty: (Blushing slightly at him saying her nickname) Ash, I've been thinking about us. Why do think it took so long for us to get it together and admit our feelings for one another?
 
Ash: Misty... we were probably scared to say anything. I know I was... (Pauses) I never felt like I do now about anyone else. You are my first... (Misty grabs a hold of Ash and hugs him)
 
Misty: (Whispering in Ash's ear) Love. That's what you were going to say, right?
 
Ash: (Nervously) Yeah.
 
Misty: (Continuing to hold Ash) Now that I know your reasons, I'll tell you mine. I was originally mad at you about the bike, but then I forgot about it as I realized how kind hearted you were and how much love you had for your Pokemon and how determined you were for your goal, despite your occasional arrogance... (Ash looks at Misty and puts his arms around her) Ash, you are exactly the type of guy I have been looking for- Loving, caring, and determined. I wanted someone who would look at me as an equal... and be by my side. (Squeezes Ash lovingly)
 
Ash: Aww... Misty. (Rests his head on her shoulder) You're the best.
 
Misty: (Softly in Ash's ear) I know.
 
Ash and Misty continue to hold each other, enjoying each other's company. After a while, Pikachu runs up to them.
 
Pikachu: PI-Pi-Pi!
 
Ash: Oh yeah! Misty, they're waiting for us at Brock's house.
 
Misty: I guess we lost track of time... (Grabs Ash's arm) Come on, let's go!
 
Ash: All right.
 
Ash, Misty, and Pikachu walk down the road to Brock's house. Everyone gathers together in the living room, talks for a while, and then goes to sleep. During the long night...
 
(Back near Pallet Town, Team Rocket launches a test attack with fireworks against Professor Oak's lab. The other explosives have been planted around the town already and are ready to go).
 
Jessie: Ready to launch test Missile Oak 1!
 
James: Ready. Go ahead and shoot, Meowth.
 
Meowth: You got it. (Presses a button) Woo-hoo!
 
Firecrackers are launched out of the missle launcher and hit Professor Oak's lab.
 
Back in Professor Oak's lab...
 
Professor Oak: What the heck was that? (Gets up to walk around his lab) (Tracy hurriedly runs into the lab)
 
Tracy: What was that Professor?
 
Professor Oak: I'm not sure. Send out the Pidgeot patrol to scout out the grounds.
 
Tracy: Ok. (Tracy walks over to the wall and pushes a switch) They are going to check out the perimeter.
 
Professor Oak: I hope there aren't any thieves or poachers out there... I do have many valuable Pokemon here...
 
A group of three Pidgeot fly out from a barn on Professor Oak's property and start to fly around the property.
 
Meanwhile, Team Rocket launches another test shot, just to make sure. The Pidgeot see this and start to fly towards Team Rocket.
 
Jessie: What's that? (Scared) Look, in the sky!
 
James: Looks like a bird or something.
 
Meowth: They're coming toward us! (The three Pidgeot dive towards the Team Rocket trio)
 
Jessie: Oh no!
 
James: Go, Victreebell! (Throws Pokeball)
 
Victreebell pops out of the Pokeball and waits for orders.
 
James: Victreebell, Razor Leaf attack!
 
Victreebell throws leaves at the incoming Pidgeot, who dodge most of them. A few of the leaves hit the group.
 
Jessie: Go, Arbok! (Throws Pokeball)
 
Arbok pops out the Pokeball and is nearly hit by the Pidgeot, who had just made a dive attack.
 
Jessie: Arbok, Poison Sting attack those Pidgeot!
 
Arbok moves out of the way of another diving attack by the Pidgeot, and then launches a full barrage of stinging needles at the Pidgeot. They are hit and begin to fly away.
 
Jessie: We did it! (Yelling) We won a Pokemon battle!
 
Meowth: That's great Jessie, but we gotta a problem now. Those Pidgeot will go back to Oak's place and alert him about us.
 
James: Meowth is right. We gotta launch the attack now, before they get back to the lab.
 
Jessie: Good thinking, James. (Picks up a cell phone) But first, lets check with the Boss. (Dials up Giovanni's number on the cell phone and waits for an answer) Hello, Boss?
 
Giovanni: (On other line) Yes, what is it?
 
Jessie: (Nervously) We are ready to proceed against Oak's lab and Pallet Town, sir.
 
Giovanni: Very good. Go ahead. I was pleased by the job you two did on the last two cities, they won't forgot that anytime soon! (Begins to laugh evilly) Hahahahha!
 
Jessie: You're right, sir. And thank you. We are going to part three of our plan.
 
Giovanni: I have a new task for you after this, assuming you hit this town just like the last two.
 
Jessie: Really? (James pushes her away from the phone and takes it) What's the deal, James!?
 
James: I wanna hear about this task, too! Don't hog the phone! (Speaks into phone) Tell us about the next task, sir.
 
Giovanni: You'll find out soon, enough. Call me back in a few days after everything is settled down over there. (Hangs up the phone)
 
Jessie and Meowth: What did he say?
 
James: He said he would tell us about the next plan soon enough, so let's get this town a blazin', just like the last two!
 
Meowth: Ready with the control pad, James.
 
Jessie: (Excitedly) Let me push the button!
 
Meowth: Okay, okay. Go ahead. (Jessie pushes the button to start the detonation of the bombs in and around Pallet Town)
 
To be continued in Chapter 4: Pallet Town and Beyond