Pokemon Fan Fiction ❯ Team Rocket Strikes Back! An AAML Story ❯ Chapter 15: Story Time ( Chapter 18 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 15: Story Time
 
8/31/2005: This is the last chapter from the original story that was posted on fanfiction.net. I do have some notes and ideas about where this story is going next, so don't worry...
 
At the end of the last chapter, Ash had realized something important about Professor Oak- he was...
 
Ash: You were Sammy?
 
Prof. Oak: (Nods his head) Yes.
 
Misty and Brock are surprised by Prof. Oak's admission as well. Duplica is totally in the dark about this incident, and tries to get some clarification about what they are talking about...
 
Duplica: Do you mind telling me what all of this is about?
 
Brock: Oh, yeah... sorry. We never told you about this little "adventure" of ours...
 
Prof. Oak: Basically Duplica, I was out on my Pokemon journey when I was 12, and ended up in this forest. My notebook was left behind, I ended up getting it back later- it was already ragged looking from the 40 years that had passed since I last seen it. There was a Pokemon hunter out to catch Celebi. Celebi saved us both by using its time travel abilities. We ended up 40 years in the future and there was a whole big adventure with an evil Team Rocket figure. He was trying to turn Celebi to evil, and nearly succeeded. Celebi nearly died...
 
Duplica: Oh... (Pauses) (Eager to hear more) Then what happened?
 
Ash: (Continuing the story) The other Celebi's from the past and future appeared and healed the dying one. A little while later, it returned Sammy back to his own time. Something was bugging me after I talked to Professor Oak after I explained what happened to him on the phone- he know what the boy's name was even though I never said a word...
 
Prof. Oak: Well, I didn't want to interfere with your journey... and the reason I didn't say anything before was that I didn't want to take a chance with causing a change in the timeline- temporal distortions can be quite dangerous.
 
Misty: You didn't want us to know because it could have changed history and you may have been stuck here... and then... geez... this is confusing when you think about it...
 
Delia: Sam has taught me a little about time travel... but it's really complex...
 
Brock: (Takes Duplica's hand) I can tell more of the details about this little adventure later...
 
Duplica: (Very happy) Sure!
 
Prof. Oak: That notebook is a reminder of a better time... before the world went to hell... (Gently picks up the notebook) I have to be careful with this thing... it's now 105 years old.
 
Professor Oak gently puts the notebook back on the shelf and then heads into another room to prepare some tea for everyone. Delia remembers something important while he is gone...
 
Delia: You guys need new clothes, right? (All four teens nod their heads) Well, tomorrow I will take you guys out shopping; there is a nice store near here that would be perfect. We'll have to use the boat and head south- it's not in Pallet Town...
 
Misty: Thanks!
 
Prof. Oak: (Returning with a tray) I made some tea for everyone...
 
Delia: (Taking a teacup from the tray) Sam always makes the best tea...
 
Prof. Oak: Thank you, dear. I was thinking, since you guys will be out shopping, that will give me time to try and figure out a way to get you back home... hopefully there is one. This future is not the best, and I wouldn't want to see you guys get hurt...
 
Brock and the others take a cup of tea and think about what Prof. Oak just said. All four hope there is a way to get back home, from the little that they have heard about this time and place- it doesn't appeal to them in the least. So much death and destruction... the total opposite of the future that they had envisioned.
 
The rest of the evening is spent on exchanging stories and for Prof. Oak and Delia, answering questions about the present time and what happened. The four teens are quickly brought up to date on what is going on around them and soon have the same knowledge as any average person would from that time. "Now you guys are prepared, in case someone asks you questions..." Delia said after finishing her mini history lesson.
 
Prof. Oak: (Looks at his watch and then back at his captive audience) It's starting to get late; I think Delia and I are going to turn in for the night. The bathroom is just down the hallway... (Points to his right) We also have two guest rooms at the end of the hallway; you guys can take one room each... (Yawns)
 
Delia: See you guys in the morning, good night!
 
Ash, Misty, Brock, and Duplica say goodnight and watch as Prof. Oak and Delia leave the room. All four are slightly shocked at the fact that each couple is being given a room of their own- no questions asked. Times have changed and so has the world and the people in it, that is the most likely reason for what just happened. The four teens sit on the couch and discuss their current situation with each other... the room thing is the first topic to come up...
 
Misty: I can't believe it...
 
Ash: I guess my mom has changed... if that had been said back in the past, I'm sure she'd give us some kinda lecture or something... (Yawns)
 
Brock: (Nods his head) That's for sure.
 
Duplica blushes slightly... she has been alone with Brock before, but in separate sleeping bags in their tent... normally guest rooms have only one bed. Brock notices the slight red tinge on her cheeks and gives her hand a gentle, reassuring squeeze. She takes a deep breath and then changes the subject...
 
Duplica: Well, umm... I guess we're gonna be stuck here for a while...
 
Misty: It sure looks like it... that time device that brought us here was destroyed when it sent us forward, and from what Prof. Oak said; the technology hasn't been duplicated again. Without the machine, we would need a Celebi... good luck finding one of those...
 
Brock: (Nudges Ash) Knowing Ash's luck here, we'd probably run into one again. I bet all of us would have seen lots of rare Pokemon if this hadn't of happen... (Thinks of a random rare Pokemon) Maybe Latios and Latias? Heck, maybe even a Jirachi...
 
Misty: (Wraps an arm around Ash) I totally agree with you, Brock. This guy is a total rare Pokemon magnet...
 
Ash blushes and then regains his composure.
 
Ash: I just have a gift, I guess...
 
Duplica: Let's hope that gift still works, I don't want to live the rest of my life here...
 
Brock: Me neither.
 
A loud, familiar noise is suddenly heard... all eyes turn and look at Ash's stomach.
 
Ash: I guess listening to all those stories has made me hungry...
 
Brock: (Full of new enthusiasm) Follow me guys, I'll see what they have in the kitchen and make us a quick snack!
 
Brock leads the group into the nearby kitchen and makes a quick snack for everyone. After eating, the group cleans up and then heads for bed. Pikachu, who had been quite tired, is passed out in the front room. Ash and Misty take the room on the right, Brock and Duplica the one on the left. As Duplica had previously thought, each room has only one bed in it. Misty sits on the bed and blushes momentarily before speaking her next words...
 
Misty: Ash, um...
 
Ash: (Nervously) I guess there's only one bed...
 
Misty: Y... yeah.
 
Ash sits down next to her and tries to calm down. Misty tries to break the ice by remember an incident that happened right before Ash went against Claire...
 
Misty: (Trying to calm Ash down) Ash, this is just like the time you and I were alone in the tent during that rainstorm... or when we were on that magnetic train...
 
Ash: Yeah... but Pikachu was with us and we weren't alone on the train. This is totally different... (Turns red)
 
Misty: (Takes a deep breath) Ash... we have to get some rest. You did say that we were getting closer... I wouldn't mind being with a future Pokemon master...
 
Ash places a kiss on Misty's cheek and then stands up. Misty gets up and pulls the covers back and then climbs into bed. Ash hesitates for a moment and then joins her. After Misty pulls over the covers over them, she snuggles her head into Ash's chest...
 
Misty: (Softly) Ash... I'm scared. What if we can't go back?
 
Ash: (Trying to reassure Misty) I'm sure Professor Oak can find a way... somehow. We'll be fine... as long as we have each other.
 
Misty: (Very softly) Ash...
 
Misty falls asleep and Ash watches her silently for a few minutes, running his fingers through her long, red hair. He is very worried about the current situation... but doesn't want to trouble Misty with his fears. He soon drifts off to sleep himself, enjoying the warm feeling of being next to Misty. His last thoughts before falling asleep are... 'I guess this isn't so bad after all...'
 
Over in the other guest room, Brock is telling Duplica more about that adventure with the Celebi that happened a while back. He knows that she is nervous about this because of her reaction in the front room earlier... the story is a way to bond with her and make her more comfortable.
 
Duplica: Sounds like you guys certainly had your hands full...
 
Duplica stretches her arms towards the ceiling; Brock tries not to stare but cannot help himself. She is wearing the same sweatpants/undersized shirt combination that she has been wearing since they left her place. He thinks to himself... 'She is beautiful... and I'm gonna miss that shirt- having her stomach showing like that is quite nice...'
 
Duplica, after stretching, catches Brock staring at her in the corner of her eye. It doesn't bother her too much anymore; they have been getting a lot closer recently. She suddenly has a fun idea...
 
Duplica: Brock... you know we're going to get new clothes tomorrow, right?
 
Brock: (Sounding very disappointed) Yeah... (Wraps an arm around her stomach, causing her to blush) That's good, I guess...
 
Duplica realizes that he really likes the way she looks in her current outfit, despite the small size. 'Let's have some more fun here...' is the next thing that she thinks...
 
Duplica: (Trying to sound innocent) Well... I could keep this outfit... you know, for old times sake...
 
Brock: (Getting very excited) Really? (Clears his throat and uses a serious tone of voice) I mean, if you want to... it's all up to you...
 
Duplica: (Giggling) Brock... you are so easy to read sometimes...
 
Brock: (Smiles) And you can be such a flirt sometimes...
 
Duplica: Flirting is a new thing for me, Brock... now I have a reason to flirt... with you, anyways...
 
Brock: That's good to know... (Pulls her closer)
 
Time seems to slow down as Brock and Duplica move in for a kiss. Brock feels her warm lips on his, followed by her arms wrapping around him... both enjoy this moment of warmth and love. After what seems to be an eternity to both, the kiss is broken and silent, loving stares are exchanged between them.
 
Duplica: (Whispering softly) Brock, hold me...
 
Brock holds Duplica, who puts her head over his shoulder. She enjoys the reassuring warmth of her boyfriend's hug... it's something she needs at the moment- the craziness of their current situation has really been bothering her a lot. Brock is also worried about where they are, but tries to avoid thinking about it for the moment. Being with Duplica and comforting her is his number one priority.
 
Brock: (Softly) Duplica... it'll be fine. I'm here for you... so are Ash and Misty. We'll make it... trust me...
 
Duplica: I hope you're right, Brock...
 
Brock holds Duplica for a few more minutes before she pulls away from him and climbs under the covers. Brock quickly joins her and both snuggle next to each other. This experience isn't as bad as either them thought it would be... sleep soon envelopes both of them...
 
 
 
Professor Oak is the first one up the next morning, he takes a shower and then heads right over to the main computer to check for updates from the Resistance. After a cup of green tea, he walks towards the bedrooms and checks to see if the kids are awake... he remembers how good Brock's cooking is and hopes that he will make breakfast. He begins to think to himself... 'It's been 25 years since I've had any of his cooking... same goes for Delia. I hope those guys are feeling better after a good nights' rest...'
 
Professor Oak knocks on the door on the left side of the hallway first, and then does so again when there is no response. He opens the door a little bit and looks inside... what he sees makes his eyebrows go up. Duplica is snuggled against Brock under the blankets. He realizes that the four teens must have misunderstood last nights sleeping instructions.
 
Prof. Oak: I better wake them up before Delia sees this...
 
Before he utters a word, he realizes that the greater danger is to Ash- who would probably receive the brunt of any scolding that she may give out. He quietly closes the door and gently knocks on the door on the opposite side of the hallway. Sounds of confusion are heard within...
 
Ash: (Groggy) Huh?
 
Misty: (Getting up and rubbing her eyes) Sounds like knocking...
 
Prof. Oak: (Quietly) Ash, Misty... wake up!
 
Ash: (Detecting the urgency in his voice) What is it?
 
Prof. Oak: No time to explain, just get out here!
 
Misty and Ash get up and start moving towards the door. A tapping on Prof. Oak's shoulder makes him realize that he was too late...
 
Delia: I could have sworn I heard you say "Ash and Misty" when you knocked on that door...
 
Prof. Oak: Well, umm...
 
Those two words are all Samuel Oak manages to speak before Ash and Misty appear in the doorway, clad in their pajamas. Ash can see the obvious look of anger on his mothers face and tries to defuse the situation...
 
Ash: Um... good morning, mom. How are you?
 
Delia: (Loudly) Don't "how are you mom" me! What are you doing?
 
Ash: (Realizing in the back of his mind what she may be hinting at) (Plays innocent) What do you mean?
 
Delia: (Getting louder) You spent the night with Misty? I thought I told you guys to take one room each!
 
Brock and Duplica are fully awake by this point, but decide to remain silent and in their room- they don't want to incur the wrath of Delia Oak...
 
Ash: We did take one room each, Brock and Duplica took one room and we took the other...
 
Delia: (Exasperated) I meant for the girls to take one room and the boys to take the other!
 
Misty: (Hesitant to speak but wanting to help Ash out) You should have said that, you kinda implied otherwise...
 
Ash: Mom... we didn't do anything.
 
Prof. Oak: (Also interjecting a thought) Delia, they are still young. I've known your son and Misty for a long time, and I think we can trust them. Think about it for a moment- they have been journeying together all this time... and you didn't really worry about them that much...
 
Delia: (Looks at her husband) I... (Takes a deep breath)... suppose you're right. (Looks sternly at Misty and Ash) You two better behave yourselves!
 
Ash: Mom, how stupid do you think I am... wait, never mind...
 
Misty: Ash! It's no time to be joking around! (Nudges Ash)
 
The door on the other side of the hallway opens a crack; Duplica and Brock take a peek outside to see what is going on...
 
Prof. Oak: Well, now that all of that is settled, why don't we have some breakfast?
 
Delia: I thought you were going to ask Brock to make breakfast, dear...
 
Prof. Oak: (Snaps his fingers) Oh yeah, you're right...
 
Professor Oak opens the door to the room where Duplica and Brock had spent the night and notices Brock and Duplica off to the side, nervous about showing themselves after what happened to Ash and Misty. Samuel nods his head and the two walk out into the hallway...
 
Brock: Umm... good morning!
 
Duplica: (Pretending to be half-awake) (Yawns) 'Morning...
 
Delia shoots a disapproving glare over at Brock and Duplica. She knows how much of a figurehead and leader Brock has been to her son and their group in general...
 
Delia: I'd thought you two would know better then to do this... my son and Misty are younger and inexperienced...
 
Brock: (Mumbling) Ash is the one who got a girl first...
 
Duplica gives Brock a quick elbow to the gut; she knows that now is not the time to be pointing fingers at one another...
 
Duplica: (Clears her throat) I'm sorry about what happened, we must have misunderstood what you meant. Brock and I have not done anything out of line or purposely tried to influence Ash and Misty. When Misty and I have talked before, we agreed that our relationships with our boyfriends were totally different from each other- one should not copy the other...
 
Delia: (Skeptically) Is this true, Misty?
 
Misty: Yes. (Nods her head) It's taken a long time for Ash and I to realize our feelings for one another... I don't want to rush things...
 
Delia: Hmm... still... Duplica and Brock are adults now, so I guess I can't say too much...
 
Prof. Oak: (Trying to end the situation) Why don't we have some breakfast and relax? I'm sure we can discuss this after eating...
 
Ash's stomach, as if by cue, starts to grumble loudly. Everyone else has a sweat drop and then Brock rushes off to the kitchen to get everything started. After a brief pause, the other teens join Pikachu, who has already woken up, in the kitchen. Professor Oak pulls Delia aside and shows her a piece of paper... a small gasp is heard after she skims the content of the paper...
 
Delia: It can't be... they're trying to rebuild that technology again?
 
Prof. Oak: It sure looks like it; these intelligence reports are rarely in error. After the Great War had started, all of Bergmann's energy went to the war effort, he or his wife Jessica never worked on that technology again... until now that is. I wonder if they discovered that piece of land that the kids arrived on and realized that the experiment worked?
 
Delia: That's a long shot... but it's possible. This can't be a coincidence...
 
Prof. Oak: I'm gonna have to have a meeting with all of our generals and intelligence leaders right away... if this technology is developed again, he could change history as we know it. The first time they were only able to send things forward in time... heaven help us if they develop technology to go back in time...
 
Delia: (Places a hand on her husband's shoulder) Your right, dear. I think you should take care of the meeting while I get the kids some clothes and new outfits... and I will definitely get them new Team Rocket uniforms... in case they have to get dragged into this...
 
Prof. Oak: Agreed. Let's eat breakfast and then we can start our tasks for today... (Places his hand on his forehead)... it's just going to be one of those days. (Smiles at Delia) I think we're getting too old for this...
 
Delia: (Smiles) Maybe...
 
Delia and Samuel Oak head into the kitchen, where Brock has nearly completed breakfast. Prof. Oak gives a complete rundown of what's going on to the four teens, who react with much fear and curiosity. Delia agrees to tell them more about the current situation of the Team Rocket resistance force on their ride to the special clothing store.
 
After cleaning up the kitchen and getting dressed, Ash and company head out with Delia to the aforementioned store, not sure about what will happen next...
 
To be continued in Chapter 16: Trading Post Fun