Pokemon Fan Fiction ❯ Team Rocket Strikes Back! An AAML Story ❯ Chapter 16: Trading Post Fun ( Chapter 19 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 16: Trading Post Fun
 
Here's the next chapter, enjoy!
 
Warning: This chapter contains some mature themes... that's why I changed the rating on this story to PG-13. Thanks to fusionblaster for help pre-reading this one.
 
 
Part A: Basic Shopping
 
 
A small craft zooms out from a remote dock on the very fringes of Pallet Town. Delia Oak is at the helm, her mission one of utmost importance- keeping the secret of the kids return from being revealed. She doesn't want them to be involved in the events of this timeline... she hopes that her husband can figure out a way to send them home. The new intelligence that came in this morning, however, changed everything. There is a more pressing objective now for her and her husband's organization. Time travel technology could be the key to total domination by Team Rocket.
 
Ash, who is sitting in the front of the small speedboat next to his mom, notices her long face and knows that she has something on her mind...
 
Ash: (With a concerned tone of voice) Mom, are you okay?
 
Delia: (Sighs) I guess so. I'm just worried about the fact that Team Rocket is developing that time travel technology again...
 
Brock: That could be dangerous for anyone who stands in their way...
 
Duplica: Imagine the power you would have if you could control time...
 
Misty: That's too much power to have... especially for Team Rocket. Those guys would only do wrong with that power...
 
Delia: (Turns around for a moment and nods her head before returning her sight forward) Of course. That's why Sam is having an emergency conference while we're away...
 
Duplica: (Very curious about their destination) Where exactly are we headed?
 
Delia: The store is called "Ethan's Western Boutique"... it's on Trovita Island.
 
Ash: Why does that name sound familiar? Hmm... (Scratches his head)
 
Delia: I've been friends with the owner for a long time; he's also a member of our organization.
 
Misty: Ash, you got a badge from Rudy over there, remember?
 
Ash: (Snaps his fingers) Oh yeah... but that's not what I meant. The other name sounded familiar...
 
Delia: It's funny that you mention Rudy... his sister helps run a Pokemon dance studio on the island- it's one of our secret bases in the region. Rudy is the leader of the local chapter...
 
Misty: (Happily) Cool! At least he made it thru this "Great War"...
 
Ash: (His eyes narrowing) I remember him clearly now... he tried to get you to stay with him on the island, to take care of his little sister...
 
Misty: (Slightly shocked by Ash's comment- she can see that he is a little jealous) Ash, that was a long time ago... and besides, who did I root for during the match? Huh? (Nudges her elbow into Ash)
 
Ash: (Blushes) Me... you wanted to stay with me...
 
Brock: (Observing the banter between Ash and Misty) Sounds like you two had fun in the Orange Islands...
 
Duplica: Yeah. I wish I had the opportunity to visit all of the islands like you two did...
 
Delia: Well, you'll be visiting at least one island today, Duplica. (Points forward to a speck on the horizon) Here it comes now!
 
Delia brings the boat about and heads straight towards the island. The four teens can't wait to get to the store and get some new clothes. Delia docks on the far side of the island at a decrepit looking dock. The dock's appearance is like that on purpose, to keep attention away from this side of the island. Delia explains that fact to the teens as they walk onto the beach and into a secret entrance, which is camouflaged by the lush foliage of the island...
 
Delia: (In a whisper) Follow me. (Flicks a switch, causing artificial light to flood the tunnel) Brock, make sure and close that panel behind you, okay?
 
Brock: Sure thing. (Brock closes the secret panel and it locks into place)
 
The five continue down the long, narrow tunnel for what seems like an eternity. Finally, the group reaches a door similar to the one that barred access to the hidden house/base of Delia and Samuel Oak. Delia presses a few buttons on a control panel and then a computer voice speaks.
 
Comp. Voice: Name and rank please.
 
Delia: Delia Oak, Leader #1.
 
Comp. Voice: Voice-print confirm. Stand still for retina scan.
 
A red light shoots out conducts a brief scan of Delia's eye. The door opens a moment later...
 
Comp. Voice: Identity confirmed.
 
Delia: Come on guys, let's go!
 
Delia leads the way into the next passage, Misty comments about the control panel and Delia confirms that it is similar to the one they had seen earlier. A short time later, they end up at another door, which opens itself when they get within 10 feet. The group passes thru and the door closes automatically.
 
Duplica: Where are we now?
 
A voice from the far corner of the room suddenly speaks...
 
Voice: It's been a while, Delia...
 
Delia: (Instantly recognizing the voice) Ethan! Nice to see you again!
 
Ethan steps out from the shadows. Ash and Misty suddenly gasp; both of them recognize the gentleman now standing before them. He looks older, for obvious reasons... his hair is now gray and white... but he's otherwise the same person that they met in the Orange Islands a long time ago.
 
Ethan: Nice to see you too... whom do we have here? (Looks at the four teens standing behind her)
 
Ash: (Excited) I remember you... you were the Magnemite rancher Misty and I met a long time ago!
 
Misty: Yeah!
 
Ethan stares at them for a moment, and then remember the incident with Team Rocket and the power outage. Ash had led the wagon with the Magnetmites over to the city for him... but how could this be Ash and Misty? That was over 26 years ago... they should be about 40 or so. He suddenly remembers a conversation that he had with Delia when he first met her... he had asked if she had any children. She had sadly replied that she had one, but he died in that huge fire in Johto...
 
Ethan: (Confused) I remember you guys... but how can you still be alive? Delia said that both of you died in that fire 25 years ago... and if you did survive, you should be a lot older by now...
 
Delia: (Sighs) It's a long story...
 
Ethan: I can't wait to hear this tale... (Pauses for a moment) Why don't you guys follow me up to the dining room? You kids can meet my wife and then tell the story while we have some lunch...
 
Ash: (Getting excited about the prospect of lunch) Sounds good to me!
 
Misty: (Shrugs her shoulders) Some things never change...
 
Brock: Same old Ash...
 
Duplica chuckles at the responses of Ash's two friends. She can see that they have a very strong bond... and she wants to have the same kind of bond as well, one of friendship and love. Especially with Brock...
 
Ethan leads the way as the five follow close behind, taking note of their surroundings. After walking a short ways, they come to a moderate sized dining room. A woman in her late 60's is placing food down at the table...
 
Ethan's wife: Welcome! Come on in and sit down! Lunch is served!
 
Ash: (Sniffing the air) Smells good to me! (Sits down at the table)
 
Ethan and the other three sit down at the table. The air is filled with the smell of chicken noodle soup, fresh bread w/butter, and fresh strawberries and melon slices. Ash's mouth begins to water...
 
Ethan: (Noticing Ash's reaction to the food) Go ahead, Ash- dig in, little pardner...
 
Ash does just that, devouring the food at a rapid pace. His three friends have a sweat drop as they watch him eat...
 
Delia: Ash, slow down...
 
Ash: (Stuffing his face) But I can't... mmm... it's so good!
 
Ethan: (Turning to his wife) Honey, these are friends of Delia's... and the hungry one is her son...
 
Ethan's wife: Nice to meet you guys. Wait a second... her son? Didn't he die in a fire?
 
Delia: (Sighs) It's a long story... but let me introduce everyone. My son Ash is eating like there's no tomorrow...
 
Ash: (With a mouthful of food) Hey!
 
Delia: On my left is Misty, Ash's girlfriend and former Cerulean City gym leader... (Misty blushes) On my right is Brock, Ash's friend and former Pewter City gym leader. On his right is Duplica, former owner of the House of Imite and Brock's girlfriend...
 
Ethan's Wife: Sounds like a real traveling team... you guys must be real good Pokemon trainers. (All four nod their heads) That Imite house sounds familiar... I remember visiting a place by that name about 28 years ago...
 
Duplica: (Proudly) I'm sure you had fun, then. My shows have always been entertaining...
 
Ethan's Wife: (Nods her head) It was very good... you're right.
 
Ethan: Delia here has a tale to tell us... I wish the girls were here right now; they'd love to hear this one.
 
Delia: (Takes a deep breath) You can tell them later, they're running the store right now, right?
 
Ethan: Yep. (Tilts his cowboy hat slightly) Go ahead, Delia...
 
Delia: Well, it all started about 25 years ago...
 
Ash, Misty, Brock, and Duplica finish their lunch and listen to Delia tell their tale... they occasionally interject a detail that she misses. After about an hour, she finishes her tale. Both Ethan and his wife are really shocked about certain things... especially the time travel thing. A loud beep is heard after the story is done; signaling that the day's shipment of clothes has arrived...
 
Ethan: That's the alert for the deliveries... my shipment is in. Excuse me, everyone...
 
Ethan leaves the room and heads down to the main dock to take care of the incoming shipment. His wife leads the group down to the main sales floor and to the main sales counter. Three women stand behind the counter, looking slightly bored due to the lack of customers this afternoon...
 
Ethan's wife: Let me introduce you to my three daughters... Misato, Nabiki, and Tina. This is Ash and Brock, and their girlfriends Misty and Duplica. (Points at her daughters) Misato is my oldest, she's 30. Tina is 21 and Nabiki is 18. Girls, say hi to Delia's friends...
 
Three Girls: Hello!
 
Ash and Brock look at the three very attractive women after saying "Hello" back in return. Both cannot help but blush slightly... Brock is glad that he has been working on controlling himself; this could have easily been one of those times where he would hit on everything in sight.
 
Misty and Duplica: (Both clear their throats) Nice to meet you.
 
Ethan's Wife: I need one of you to show the guys where to get their stuff, the other two can help out the two young ladies here...
 
Tina: (Very enthusiastically) Follow me! I'll show you the latest fashions and what you'll need for warm and cold weather!
 
Ash: We'll meet up with you two later, okay?
 
Misty: Okay.
 
Duplica: Make sure to pick up some nice stuff okay, Brock?
 
Brock: Of course. You'll show me what you got later, right? (Winks at Duplica)
 
Duplica: (Winking back) Yep.
 
Tina: Come on Romeo, follow me...
 
Ash and Brock follow Tina into the main area of the store, she then takes them to the men's section. Both of them start to look around on their own... Tina starts to offer some suggestions... the two are out of time so to speak with the fashions of the day...
 
Brock: (Picking up a brown sweater) This could be useful in the winter...
 
Tina: You have a good eye, that line of clothing covers the very cold to the very warm. (Points at her white top) You see this shirt that I have on? This from their summer collection.
 
Ash turns around to look at the shirt, Brock also takes a glance. Tina is wearing a white shirt with a Palm Tree in the middle of it. Both men get their first true look at the woman who is assisting them... she is a little taller then Brock and is sporting blonde hair. She has quite a figure and the shirt she is wearing emphasizes her natural curves. Her short jean shorts only add to the image of someone who is very attractive and is not afraid to show it.
 
Ash: (Gulps) Ummm... it looks very nice.
 
Brock: (Tugging at his collar nervously) Yeah, very nice...
 
Tina: Thank you! Let's get you some summer clothes so you can impress your girlfriends... (Remembers something else that she needed to ask them) How about swimwear?
 
Ash: Well... it's been a long time since we've been swimming... I suppose we could use some new stuff...
 
Brock: Sure Ash.
 
Tina: Right this way! Make sure to throw everything you need into this cart that I brought with.
 
Tina follows her two customers around with the cart, feeling very glad to meet new people and new customers. The day prior to this had been dragging along ever so slowly in her POV...
 
Over on the other side of the store, Misty and Duplica were being double teamed by Nabiki and Misato. The older one was sporting a tight black tank top and short shorts, leaving little to the imagination. Her purple hair and earrings added flair to her ensemble. Misty and Duplica could immediately see why she was a distraction to their boyfriends... she had a wonderful, sexy figure. Duplica knew that Brock had gone after Officer Jennies and Nurse Joys before... and she was glad that he didn't react like the old Brock would have. Misty was also glad that Ash didn't go crazy, either.
 
The youngest daughter was another matter. She was a little taller then Misty, sported brown hair and was dressed modestly in a tropical T-shirt and regular shorts. Nabiki seemed to radiate a different attitude then the other two- a business like attitude.
 
Nabiki: I think we should start with the winter clothes, then summer clothes...
 
Misato: (Continuing the thought) And of course swimsuits and lingerie. (Winks)
 
Misty and Duplica have a sweat drop at that last comment... but do know that they could use everything the two women have mentioned. The two sisters lead the two teens over to the Winter Clothes section. A short amount of time is spent there, only the basics are picked up…
 
Duplica: (As the girls move over to the summer clothes section) I wonder how the boys are doing?
Nabiki: (Looking across the store) It looks like they're almost done... Tina's pretty efficient.
 
Misty: (Noticing some shorts on display) Those look nice...
 
Misato: Go ahead and find your size... those would be perfect for you two. Short shorts always get your boyfriends' attention... (Winks)
 
Duplica: Y-yeah...
 
The girls grab some shorts and get some colorful tropical tops on the way to the changing room. Five minutes later, Nabiki checks in on the girls...
 
Nabiki: Everything fit?
 
Misty: Yeah... these are pretty nice. (Looks at herself in the mirror and does a few modeling poses)
 
Nabiki: And what about you, Duplica?
 
Duplica: (Slightly embarrassed) Well, they're a little tight in the back...
 
Nabiki: They're supposed to be... (Chuckles) Don't be afraid to show off a little... (Moves closer to the door and continues talking) And don't let my big sister scare you, either...
 
Misato: I heard that!
 
Nabiki: (Hears a chime in the distance as the door to the shop opens) Hey, can you help out our new customers, I'll keep working over here...

Misato: (Annoyed with her sisters' attempts to keep her away from Misty and Duplica) Fine, fine...
 
Duplica and Misty step out of the changing rooms a moment later, and wipe the sweat off of their brows...
 
Misty: That was close...
 
Nabiki: I don't hate my sister or anything... but she just too pushy when it comes to certain things... especially picking out clothes when she knows that the customer has a boyfriend or girlfriend...
 
Duplica: Oh... yeah, I could see that...
 
Brock and Ash walk over a minute later, they were sent over courtesy of Misato.
 
Ash: (Noticing what Misty is wearing) Umm... nice shorts, Misty...
 
Misty: (Blushes slightly) Thanks, Ash...
 
Brock: L-looking good, Duplica...
 
Duplica blushes and turns her face away from Brock... inadvertently giving him a nice view of her behind. Nabiki notices what Brock is doing and decides to make a joke...
 
Nabiki: Duplica, you should definitely keep those shorts... your boyfriend can't keep his eyes off of you...
 
Duplica turns around and looks at Brock. “BROCK!”
 
Ash and Misty chuckle and Brock raises his hands and waves them defensively. “Sorry...”
 
Nabiki: Well, since you guys are here... why don't you give your girls a hand?
 
Brock: Sure, no problem.
 
Nabiki: Push that cart over there up to the front... and then meet us over in the swimsuit section...
 
Brock: (Excitedly) Sure! Come on, Ash!
 
Brock grabs Ash and the two bring the cart up to the front while their girlfriends change back into their regular clothes. Nabiki leads them over to the swimsuit section and finds the two boys waiting there...
 
 
Part B: Swimsuit Shopping
 
 
Nabiki: Wow, you guys are pretty quick. I hope you're ready to help these two pick out something nice...
 
Misty: What do you mean?
 
Nabiki: Well, who's gonna see you guys in those swimsuits? Won't it be these two here?
 
Duplica: I guess you're right...
 
Nabiki: Well, I gotta go take care of something... I'll be back in about five minutes or so...
 
Nabiki leaves the area and Misty and Duplica split up and start to look through various swimsuits. Misty decides to watch Ash's reactions as she thumbs through the choices...
 
Misty: How about this one, Ash? (Misty holds up a tropical two-piece suit)
 
Ash: (Blushes) S-sure...
 
Misty: (To herself) Hmm... it's not that revealing... and now that I have a nice figure to show off...
 
Misty winks at Ash and then heads for the nearest changing room. Brock walks over to Ash and starts talking to him.
 
Brock: Misty pick something out?
 
Ash: Yeah... and it looked pretty nice...
 
Brock: (Nudging Ash with his elbow) I was losing hope with you... it's about time you started noticing women...
 
Ash: Hey! I'm younger then you, yah know...
 
Brock: It's okay... I was kidding with you, Ash. Misty's becoming quite the looker, isn't she?
 
Ash: (Feeling a little uncomfortable talking about these things) Yeah... ummm... she's looking nice...
 
Misty: (Calling out from the dressing room) Oh, Ashhhhh!
 
Brock: Better get moving there... (Brock starts to push Ash towards the changing room)
 
Ash: I'm coming...
 
Brock stops pushing Ash and he wanders back over towards Duplica. She had asked him to give her a few minutes alone.
 
Brock: Find something?
 
Duplica: Well... (A slight blush creeps across her face) What do you think of this one?
 
Brock watches as Duplica holds up a red two-piece swimsuit. Brock's eyebrows raise slightly. `She picked out something like this... it's not overly revealing... but definitely different then what I thought she was gonna pick. Maybe she's getting more comfortable with her body...'
 
Brock: It's very nice... why don't you try it on?
 
Duplica: S-sure...
 
Duplica heads off towards the changing room and hears Ash and Misty in the stall next to hers.
 
Misty: (Running her fingers through her hair) Not bad for a tomboy, huh Ash?
 
Ash: (Watching Misty pose in front of the mirror) You look great...
 
Misty stops and places a kiss on Ash's cheek. “Thank you. Can you wait outside while I change clothes again? I'll only be a second...”
 
Ash: Sure... (Leaves the room)
 
Misty takes one last look at herself in the mirror before changing back into her regular clothes. She hears some activity in the next stall and knocks on the wall. “Duplica, is that you?”
 
Duplica: Hey, Misty... I knew it was you. It sounded like Ash liked what you picked out...
 
Misty: Can I come over and see what yah picked out?
 
Duplica: Sure... I could use another girls' opinion...
 
Misty grabs her stuff and heads over to where Duplica is. Misty heads in the room and closes the door behind her.
 
Duplica: What do you think?
 
Misty: (Looking at Duplica's choice of swimsuit) Hmm... you picked a red one... that's a good color on you. It looks nice... I'm sure Brock will like it.
 
Duplica: (Nervously) You don't think it's too revealing, do you?
 
Misty: Not really... (Places a hand on her friends' shoulder) Don't be afraid to show yourself off a little. Remember we talked about this before...
 
Duplica: Yeah... it's just that I'm still not used to it. Now I'm always worried about how I look... and about how Brock will look at me...
 
Misty: Brock's a nice guy. He may be a little excitable... (Misty chuckles) But I know he loves you...
 
Duplica: (Blushes) Yeah...
 
Misty has an idea a moment later. “I'll be right back...” she says. Duplica nods her head and waits patiently for her to return. The door opens again a few minutes later and she's surprised to see Brock enter the room.
 
Brock: (Closing the door behind him) Misty said that you wanted to see me...
 
Duplica: I-I guess... ummm... what do you think?
 
Brock takes a second to figure out what to say. Before he met Duplica, he would've began spouting compliments and making advances without giving it a second thought. Now, however, he thinks about what to say to her. He doesn't want to sound perverted... but at the same time; he wants her to feel good about herself.
 
Brock: Duplica... (Moves towards her and pulls her into a hug) You look great!
 
Duplica: (Softly) Brock...
 
Duplica looks up at Brock and kisses him. She feels his hold tighten as the two continue to kiss...
 
A few minutes later, Brock emerges from the changing room and finds Misty and Ash, who have been patiently waiting for them.
 
Misty: (Teasing Brock) Soo... how'd it go? You two were in there for a long time...
 
Brock: (Blushes) Everything's fine... she'll be out in a minute.
 
Ash: (To Misty) I umm... can't wait to go to the beach...
 
Misty: (Winks) I bet you can't...
 
Duplica sneaks up behind Brock and places her hands over his eyes...
 
Duplica: Guess who?
 
Brock: (Without hesitation) My beautiful girlfriend...
 
Misty: Smooth, Brock...
 
Duplica: (Taking her hands off of his eyes) Good guess...
 
Nabiki returns a moment later and addresses the males in the group.
 
Nabiki: You guys come with me... my sister's gonna take over from here. Your girlfriends have one more department to visit...
 
Ash: Why do we gotta leave?
 
Brock: (Realizing what Nabiki meant) Ash... I'll tell yah later.
 
Misty: See you guys in a little while! (Waves at Ash and Brock, who reluctantly walk away with Nabiki)
 
Duplica: What'd she mean by “one more department?”
 
Misty whispers in Duplica's ear and she blushes. “I see... so that's why Brock and Ash had to leave...” Duplica says as Misato approaches.
 
 
Part C: For girls only
 
 
Misato: Well, it looks like you two are ready for some “Shopping with Misato” Misato chuckles and the two young women chuckle nervously as well.
 
Misty: I guess...
 
Duplica: Well... we are here to get clothes...
 
Misato: Right you are. Follow me, please...
 
Misato leads the way, heading down various aisles until the get to a special area of the store. Misty and Duplica look up at the sign covering the entranceway.
 
Misato: “For Ladies Only”... well, we tried to be original...
 
Misty: Umm, yeah...
 
Misty and Duplica walk inside and then they hear the door close behind them.
 
Misato: I'd figure you two would like some privacy when you shop... there's no need to tell the world that you're in this part of the store...
 
Misato pulls a cord, causing a black fabric to fall down over the glass doors, effectively blocking sight from the outside. Misty and Duplica wonder about that action on her part... Misato notices their expressions and shrugs her shoulders. “We've had some problems... with perverts in the past...”
 
Duplica: Oh, I see...
 
 
In another part of the store, Tina and Nabiki start laughing. “I knew she'd do that... now poor Brock here can't peek...” The pair say almost simultaneously, much to Brock's chagrin.
 
Brock: (Quickly turning his gaze away from that direction) Whatever... I wasn't looking... (Hums to himself)
 
Ash knows better but keeps quiet. He finally realizes why the girls went off by themselves... and the very limited knowledge he had about the subject of lingerie was enough to know one thing... don't peek... unless you're asked to by said woman.
 
 
Misato: Well... let's get started. How about some night wear first? Maybe a nightgown?
 
Misty: Sounds innocent enough... (Looks around) Hey, there's some over here...
 
Duplica follows Misty and the two start looking through the rack, admiring the selection of colors and fabrics. Misato inwardly sighs. `They didn't go for the shorter ones... oh well. It's better for them to stay innocent... kids grow up too fast these days anyways...'
 
Misato: (Trying to help out) Why don't you both pick out two each... and then try them on. We're in no hurry... the boys will just have to wait. (Chuckles)
 
Misty: (Cheerfully) We'll be back!
 
Duplica: Thank you!
 
Misato: No problem... (Watches as the two women head to the nearest changing room) (To herself) Anything for Sam and Delia Oak... I'm glad someone has the guts to organize something against those Team Rocket Tyrants...
 
Misty gleefully tries on her two choices. Both are full length and soft, but are made of breathable fabric. Pick number one is a fiery red one... `Kinda like me...' Misty chuckles at the thought, but likes how it matches her hair. Pick number two is a cerulean blue one... `This one has the perfect color... and reminds me of the water...'
 
Over in the other dressing room, Duplica tries on her two choices. The first one, a pink one, draws the most reaction when she looks at herself in the mirror. `This is nice... the color is good and I think I look... cute...'
 
After a few moments of reflection, Duplica changes out of the pink one and puts on choice number two, an all black nightgown. `This one definitely makes me look different from the pink one... but for some reason, I just can't put it down...'
 
A few minutes later, the two women emerge from the changing rooms with their choices...
 
Misato: Soo... what did yah think of the gowns?
 
Misty: Very nice and comfortable...
 
Duplica: I really liked them...
 
Misato: (Smiles) Good. Just put those down on the bench over here...
 
The two girls do just that, and then start silently looking around the rest of this department... all the time sporting raise eyebrows...
 
Misty and Duplica whisper to each other as they walk around the department. “Definitely for adults... ummm...” Misty stops and blushes. “Well, not everything... we did come in here for bras and panties, right?” Duplica asks, trying to curb her friends' embarrassment.
 
Misty: I guess so...
 
The two head over to the bra section, being closely watched by Misato who would occasionally make eye contact and nod her head in approval... or shake it in disapproval as the girls occasionally held up various choices...
 
Misty is the first one to finish picking out the bras she wants to try on... she leaves and Duplica is still making some mental decisions when Misato walks up...
 
Misato: Need any help?
 
Duplica: (Blushing) Well, ummm... maybe...
 
Misato: (Trying to be reassuring) Go ahead.
 
Duplica: Well... I've picked out a few for regular wear... but...
 
Misato: (Winks) You want something a little... more.
 
Duplica: Umm... yeah...
 
Misato: Well, let me think for a second... (Snaps her fingers) I got it!
 
Not knowing whether to be afraid or happy, Duplica silently watches as Misato looks at several nearby bras before finally picking one out. “How about this one? I think you're old enough to handle this...”
 
Duplica: Well, I am 17... (Nervously chuckles)
 
Misato: Ah... one more year and then you'll be an adult, at least by the Team Rocket standards. Try it on... you certainly got the figure for that one... (Hands Duplica the bra)
 
Duplica slowly looks down at her chest and then looks in a nearby mirror. `What am I afraid of? I'm almost 18... and I look nice. I've got a good boyfriend... this can't hurt anything, can it?'
 
Misato notices the girl doing some self-reflection and wisely stays silent. She does, however, smiles when she takes the new bra and the others that she had selected prior and heads for a changing room. `That girl... she needs to be more confident with herself... maybe this will help a little...'
 
Misty emerges a few minutes later, happy that everything she picked out fit... and looked nice on her. `I'll never feel exactly the same... with these on underneath my clothes...'
 
Misato: All done, Misty?
 
Misty: (Putting her choices down on the clothes pile) Yeah...
 
Misato glances over at what the young woman picked up. “Those look pretty nice... and is that a push-up bra I see in there?”
 
`No wonder Nabiki didn't want to help out... this woman is a tease. It's my business if I want to boost my figure a little...' Misty looks down at herself for a moment. `Now that I'm finally filling out some...'
 
Misato: (Noticing that Misty hasn't responded and is looking at her own chest) Oh, don't worry about it... I was just teasin' yah. Want me to help you find some matching panties to go with those bras?
 
Misty: Sure...
 
 
As Misato assists Misty, Duplica is silently trying on the different bras that she had picked out. She models each one, noticing how it affects her figure and puts her shirt back to see how each looks under her clothes. The four that she had picked out fit just right... `Just one more left...'
 
`Here goes nothing...' Duplica says as she tries on the last bra.
 
Duplica does a few poses in front of the mirror and watches as her lips start to form into a smile. `I guess I can be flirty and sexy... I didn't know I had it in me...'She places a hand over her rapidly beating heart. `I'm glad I came here... I feel better about myself. Maybe that's why I'm excited... and my heart is beating so much...'
 
Duplica changes back and brings her choices over to the clothes pile. She notices Misato helping Misty out, so she makes her own choices. About ten minutes later, both girls are finally finished. Misato heads to the backroom... and returns with a cart and some shopping bags.
 
Misato: Just go ahead and wrap your stuff up... and then put it in the cart. The pink bags are for the lingerie... so your boyfriends can't peek! (Winks at Misty and Duplica)
 
Duplica: Good thinking!
 
Misty: (A little surprised by her friends sudden enthusiasm) Of course... it's none of their business.
 
Misato helps the two pack up their clothes, unlocks the main door, and raises the black cloth. After securing the fabric, the three head back to the main counter... where Nabiki and Tina have already packed up all of Brock and Ash's clothing.
 
Nabiki: Looks like you guys are ready to head out...
 
Misato: It's been fun... make sure and stop by and see us again!
 
Tina: Yeah... it's been fun.
 
Misty: It was nice meeting everyone...
 
Duplica: Thanks for everything.
 
Brock: Thanks!
 
Ash: I'm sure we'll stop by again...
 
The three girls wave as the four push two shopping carts full of clothes to the back. The three sisters start talking amongst themselves.
 
Misato: I know it's been a long day... but Dad said there some tourists stopping by in about an hour. We have to make sure the store is ready!
 
Tina: Well, let's get to work!
 
Nabiki: I'll start over there... (Points to a corner of the store) I think somebody spilled something on the floor.
 
Misato: Sounds good, let's move out!
 
The three sisters fan out and start cleaning up the store. Ethan watches from his office and then notices in another TV monitor that everything has been loaded into Delia's boat. His wife is already saying goodbye...
 
Ethan walks down to the entrance to the “Hidden passageway” out and says goodbye. “Take care of these four... and good luck with figuring out how to get `em back home...”
 
Delia smiles. “Don't worry... they'll be fine. I'll call you when we arrive back in Pallet...”
“Will do...” Ethan says as he tips his cowboy hat. “See yah next time!”
 
Delia and the four head back through the secret corridor and head out to the boat. Soon they're speeding back towards Pallet Town. Delia has Brock stand at the helm after she puts on the auto-pilot. She pulls out an advanced-looking cell phone and calls her husband.
 
Prof. Oak responds a moment later. “Hello?”
 
“Hi, it's me, dear. I just wanted to let you know that we're on our way back from our little shopping trip...”
 
Prof. Oak: That's good to hear. I talked with some of our other leaders... and we've confirmed some bad news. It looks like they're starting to get close to the trail phase of testing... but so far, it looks like it's the same thing as 25 years ago, moving bombs into the future and stuff like that...”
 
Delia: So they're still focused on going forward... and not backward in time?
 
Prof. Oak: So far... but that could be next. If you can do one, you should be able to do the other. From what I gather, that's their next “experiment” in about four months or so...
 
Delia: Oh... well, that gives us a little time...
 
Prof. Oak: Yes... but that schedule could change at anytime. Thank goodness for our contacts... they're doing a wonderful job so far.
 
Delia: I'll talk to you later, dear... it looks like Brock's getting nervous at the helm.
 
Prof. Oak: (Chuckles) Then you'd better get up there... I'll talk to you and the kids when you get back.
 
Prof. Oak and Delia both hand up their phones. Delia walks over to Brock and finds him clutching the steering wheel tightly...
 
Delia: What happened? You look pretty tense...
 
Brock: (Shaking) I... I swear that auto-pilot was trying to kill us! We nearly hit that rock back there... I swear we missed it by less then a foot!
 
Delia: Oh, no... it just very... accurate. It's hooked up to a GPS system... and I've added some points to the map as well. Being able to do maneuvers like that really helps when you're being chased...
 
Brock: Oh... I see.
 
Delia: Why don't you go down to the main cabin? I'm sure everyone's waiting for you...
 
Brock: Okay... and thanks for letting me do that... I've never been at the wheel of such a large boat before.
 
Delia: No problem.
 
Delia resumes her place at the steering wheel as Brock makes his way down to the cabin. As soon as he enters the cabin, the boat makes a sudden lurch to the right... sending Ash tumbling into Misty. Brock is thrown into a seat and feels someone fly against him... the lights had gone out a moment before, making the room pitch black.
 
Up on deck, Delia silent curses... she was nearly spotted by a patrol boat and when she changed course to avoid detection, nearly hit a mine.
 
Ash: (Blindly groping around in the dark) Hey, Misty, where are yah?
 
Misty: Hey! I'm right in front of you... (Blushes) You're... rubbing your hands on my legs.
 
Ash: Oops. Sorry.
 
Misty reaches out in the dark and pulls Ash towards her, enabling him to sit down next to her.
 
On the other side of the room, Duplica groggily flutters her eyes. `Wait a second... I can feel something... moving up my legs... hips... my shirt... hey!' “Brock!”
 
Brock stops his hands. “Sorry...” He chuckles and then moves them down around her stomach, where hopefully she won't get too mad.
 
Duplica: (Putting her hands on top of his) I'll be watching you... you sneaky little devil.
 
Brock: (Pretending to be innocent) But I was only groping around in the dark... I had to figure out who was on top of me.
 
Duplica: (Sighs) Be glad it wasn't Misty... or she would've malleted you!
 
Misty: You got that right! Brock, you really are shameless sometimes!
 
Brock: Oh, come on... I was just having a little fun with Duplica here... I knew it was her all along.
 
Duplica: (Not believing him) Sure you did...
 
Brock: It's true! When I heard Misty talking to Ash, I knew it'd have to be you in my lap. You didn't hear them talking?
 
Duplica: (Removes one hand to rub her head) I don't think I did... maybe I hit something... I feel a little groggy.
 
Brock: Just relax... I'll hold you and keep yah company until we get back, it shouldn't be too long now. I'm sure there's a reason why the power went out.
 
Misty: That's not a bad idea, Brock. Ash, wanna hold my hand?
 
Ash: Sure...
 
Ash feels Misty slip her hands into his. Duplica closes her eyes and nearly falls asleep as the boat continues back to Pallet Town. A little while later, the boat docks and Delia comes down to the cabin area. The power comes back on as soon as Delia opens the door.
 
Delia: Sorry about that... I had to cut the power... and we almost hit a mine that was floating in the water.
 
Misty: Oh, it's okay... we were just wondering what happened... but I think Duplica here may have gotten hurt.
 
Delia: (Very concerned) Are you okay?
 
Duplica: Well, I think I just hit my head... but I feel a little dizzy. (Touches her head with her right hand)

Delia: I'll get Sam to help Ash and Misty carry in the clothes... Brock, could you carry her inside?
 
Brock: Sure...
 
Brock reaches down and Duplica pulls herself up... Brock almost grins as he carries her off the boat. Duplica looks at Brock with narrow eyes...
 
Duplica: I think you're enjoying this too much...
 
Brock: (Winks) Why do you say that?
 
Duplica whispers in Brock's ear a moment later. “I don't mind you taking care of me... it's actually kinda sweet... but... you're grabbing my butt... you sly dog...”
 
Brock: (Softly) Sorry...
 
Duplica just nuzzled her head against his as they approach the main entranceway to secret complex. Brock gently places Duplica down on the bed and promises to be back shortly. Sam and Delia Oak are in the meantime carrying in several boxes... Brock is on the way out to get any remaining boxes when he comes across Misty.
 
Misty: Brock, can you carry these back to your room? They're Duplica's...
 
Brock: (Taking several boxes and bags from Misty) Sure.
 
After all the boxes are brought in the four teens unpack and then are called into the kitchen. They're surprised to find a full course meal waiting for them…
 
Duplica: Wow! Looks good!
 
Delia: Go ahead and sit down... the food's getting cold.
 
Brock, Misty, Ash, and Duplica do just that and as everyone else eats, Samuel Oak addresses his wife and the teens...
 
Prof. Oak: I think it's time I told you about the new information I received earlier today...
 
 
To be continued in Chapter 16: Time
 
In case you didn't catch the three “Cameo appearances” in this chapter, the three daughters are:
 
#1- Tina from Ai Yori Aoshi
#2- Misato from Neon Genesis Evangelion
#3- Nabiki from Ranma