Pokemon Fan Fiction ❯ Team Rocket Strikes Back! An AAML Story ❯ Chapter 18: Training Camp ( Chapter 21 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 18: Training Camp
 
A/N: Part B was writing while I was in the hospital… if I missed anything, please forgive me. My prereaders are quite busy later… but volunteers are always welcome!
 
 
Part A
 
Two weeks until the special training camp… Ash and company are informed of this fact and spend each day thinking about it, when they're not busy reading history, having practice Pokémon battles, and deal with their own personal issues. One thought in particular nags at Duplica as the time to leaves gets closer and closer…
 
`There was something… about the way they emphasized that episode… that's bugged me every since I saw it. I think Team Rocket is getting close to figuring out that technology… and that'd they would do anything to stop it. Even sacrifice themselves… or the whole organization… so that this history doesn't happen.'
 
 
In spite on her thoughts, Duplica doesn't want to confront Samuel or Delia about this… at least, until she has something concrete to go on. `I have to make sure… that my gut feeling is right… before I do that…'
 
 
Watching the four teens train and get stronger during the two week preparatory period, Samuel Oak cannot help but be happy. `I think they'll be able to do it… change history… all we need to do is get some more tools… and make sure that we can send them back safely…'
 
 
“Well, the big day's tomorrow…” Delia says to her husband as she prepares dinner. “Those two weeks sure flew by…”
 
“I know… but's time to get serious. They'll be learning about Team Rocket in person… their tactics, ways of doing things, all of the little quirks that make them, them. Very little has changed in twenty five years…”
 
Delia points out another item of interest. “That's true… at least that's on our side. Having the same leader for most of that time has made them… predictable in some areas…”
 
Samuel smiles. “That we can exploit…”
 
 
Dinner is soon finished… everyone gathers quickly for the wonderful, home-cooked meal.
 
“You've out done yourself again, Mrs. Oak…” Brock says as he reaches for another roll. “This food is great!”
 
“Mmm… delicious!” Ash says between bites.
 
“I'm glad you like it…” Delia says, flattered by all of the compliments she's getting on the food. “I see even the Pokémon are liking it…”
 
 
Pikachu and Togepi look up and nod their heads. Misty sees this and grins.
 
“I don't know how they'll survive without your cooking…”
 
“You guys will be fine…” Taking another helping of potatoes, Samuel begins to reload his plate with food. “Just remember… you can only talk to the instructors about any of this… and then only in private. Everyone is really a Team Rocket trainee… to keep appearances up. You're all from Pallet Town…”
 
“Awww… I feel like I'm selling out on my hometown…” Brock jokingly complains.
 
Misty concurs with that thought. “Same here…”
 
“It makes for an easier explanation at the camp… four friends from Pallet Town…”
 
“What kind of facilities do they have there? I mean for after you're done with your training for the day?” A curious Duplica asks, wondering what there is to after a long days' work.
 
Samuel elaborates on the camp after thinking about it for a moment. “Hmm… I think they have a swimming pool… and there's a beach nearby, for weekend use. The weather should be warm, so make sure and take those swim suits with that you bought…”
 
“That sounds nice…” Misty says while mentally picturing herself lounging on the beach in her new bikini… next to Ash, of course.
 
“Anything else?” Brock says, pressing for more details about this camp.
 
“Well… there's a hot tub…” Delia tries to remember more. “That seemed to be really popular among the couples…”
 
Brock glances at Duplica for a moment… she notices and winks back at him.
 
“There's also a workout room… tennis court… racquetball court… and an extra obstacle course, for practice after hours…”
 
“A tennis and a racquetball court… hmm… why only those sports?” Ash wonders aloud.
 
That answer comes easy to Professor Oak. “Simple… both require speed and rhythm… and control. All of the qualities that the camp wants to put into you.”
 
Ash is surprised that even the sports that are allowed all tie into the way of “Team Rocket“ life. “Oh…” Is about all he can say in return.
 
Thinking about all of the camp information, Misty comes to a simple conclusion. “Sounds tough…”
 
“It won't be easy… but if we're going to send you back, you need to stop this history from happening- so you'll need this training in order to make it…” Professor Oak stops to wipe his glasses. “We want you to succeed… and live to tell about it.”
Delia moves onto another point. “Do you have your new Team Rocket uniforms ready?”
 
Ash is the first to respond back. “Yep! Got it hanging in the closet…”
 
“All ready to go…”
“Yes.”
 
“Yes.”
 
In an attempt to reassure the teens, Samuel points out another bit of information that they need to hear. “Good… it sounds like all four of you are ready to go. Delia and I will contact you once a week- if there's a chance for you to do so without being detected.”
 
Brock is the first to respond to that idea. “Sounds like a plan to me…”
 
 
And so night falls and everyone goes to sleep, with some anticipation about the next day and what it'll bring…
 
 
The next morning, Duplica is the first of the four teens to wake up. She walks over to the mirror and sits down on a stool. `Today's the day… we leave here and start training… I'm sure it'll be tough… but some of it sounds fun. It sounds like Brock and I will have some things we can do together…'
 
Reaching for a nearby hair brush, Duplica begins brushing her long hair and prepares to put it in her trademark pigtails, all the while humming softly to herself. `I just hope Brock doesn't sleep in all day…'
 
“Ready for the big move?” Brock calls out from the bed, startling Duplica slightly. `I thought he was sleeping…'
 
“I guess so… it wasn't bad being here, with the Oaks… but we need to leave. I think it'll be safer for them if we're not here… we are out of place, after all…”
 
“True…” Brock sits up on the bed. “But we can try and blend in better… that's why we're going to this training camp after all.”
 
“I think it'll be fun… after all the training is done for the day. We'll get to spend some time with Ash and Misty and of course, by ourselves…” Duplica says with a slight grin.
 
A smile forms on Brock's face. “Of course…”
 
“I've been thinking about what Professor Oak said… and I'll bet the people running this camp are people you've met before…”
 
Brock nods his head. “That wouldn't surprise me, maybe a gym leader or even one of the Elite Four… they had to disappear, too…”
 
“If that's the case, then we'll really be getting some quality training… I'm looking forward to it. I want to learn more… and with Ditto, there's always something to learn…” Duplica says happily.
 
“That's true… there's so many Pokémon out there, and each one has abilities you can train your Ditto's to use… I think you'll have the most challenging training routine out of any of us…”
 
 
After hearing that, Duplica turns around and faces Brock. “That's true… but I think I'm ready for a new challenge…”
 
Brock watches her put her hair into the two pigtails and then replies. “I could tell from the first time we met… just how smart you are…”
 
The Ditto trainer blushes. “Are you just saying that? Or do you really mean that?”
 
“I'm not going to lie to you… you've been on your own for how long- and you had a successful business and people loved to see your show… I want to get back and help you rebuild, if that's what you want to do…”
 
“We'll see… that's too far into the future… I mean, well… this is so confusing… this time travel business…”
 
Brock shuffles off of the bed and stands in front of his love. “It's confusing for me, too… I wonder all the time what all the people we know are thinking and doing now that we're gone… we have to go back and try and make things right…”
 
“Yeah… we certainly have our work cut out for us, don't we Brock?”
 
“Yeah…”
 
Duplica stands up and gives Brock a hug while resting her head against his chest. “I want to go back… back with you and Ash and Misty…”
 
Brock gently caresses her hair and allows her to snuggle even closer. “I miss home, too… we'll get back…”
 
 
Over in Ash and Misty's room, after changing into regular clothes, the other couple start to pack their clothes and personal effects in preparation for the training camp.
 
“I bet you're ready to go… Mister Pokémon master…” Misty says with a grin.
 
“I'm always out to learn, Mist…” Ash says while nodding his head.
 
“Me too… I can't wait to see what kind of moves they're going to show us- I bet the future has cool moves for Pokémon to use…”
 
“They're probably aggressive and dangerous, though…” Ash says, thinking about the topic more. “This is Team Rocket… of the future…”
 
“Hmm… maybe… but we'll have surprise on our side when we go back…” The redhead points out to her boyfriend. “You always overcome the obstacles that come up against you… that's one reason why I like you. You never get up…”
 
“No, never… especially if someone's trying to hurt my friends… or my girlfriend…” The young Pokémon master says with a slight blush.
 
“Yeah…” Misty blushes. “Let's finish packing and see if Duplica and Brock are ready to go…”
 
 
A few minutes later, the pair finish packing and put their suitcases outside of their door. Ash gently knocks on the door.
 
“You guys decent in there?”
 
Five seconds later, the door opens and a serious looking Brock and Duplica stare at Ash.
 
“Come on Ash, what did you think we were doing?”
 
Duplica plays aloud. “You should know better, Ash…”
 
Misty laughs. “I'm glad I didn't knock on the door… I might've said the same thing…”
 
“Geez, it was just a question…” Ash says while rolling his eyes.
 
Brock tries to change the subject to avoid further embarrassing his friend. “Anyways… I see that you're ready to go. We need a few minutes more…”
 
“Okay, we'll go and start breakfast… I don't think Ash's mom or Professor Oak are up yet…” Misty says while sniffing the air. “I don't smell anything cooking…”
 
“Good point. We'll meet up with you two in a few minutes…” Brock says before heading back into his room, Duplica follows right behind him.
 
 
Both teens grab their suitcases and place them on the bed and then start packing… starting with the heavier items and their “old” belongings before packing the lighter clothes in the other division inside the large suitcase…
 
“You're too quick, Brock…” Duplica says while observing the speed in which he's putting his clothes in the suitcase.
 
“I'm not rushing…” Brock says, a little too quickly for his girlfriends' taste.
 
A gentle nudge to the ribs makes Brock stop packing. “Hmm… are you trying to get a peek at something?”
 
“Uh… no… why'd you say that?” A now blushing Brock says while diverting his gaze down at his suitcase.
 
“Because I just packed my new swimsuit… and you weren't moving fast at all.” A now giggling Duplica says, knowing full well that she just caught him in the act.
 
“Umm… it's not like I haven't seen it before…”
 
“True…” Feeling a little bold, Duplica decides to tease him a little more. She reaches into the suitcase and pulls out her new red swimsuit. “This is what you were staring at?”
 
Silently, Brock nods his head.
 
“You'll get to see me in this soon enough, okay? They have a pool and a hot tub, remember? I don't mind you looking at me… umm…” Duplica blushes and places the swimsuit back in the suitcase. “I know you're not being perverted… but I'm still not totally used to all this attention…”
 
“But you like it, right?” A hopeful Brock says back.
 
“Yes… I feel more confident about me… and about my body. I know how you used to be… so…” Her nervous smile reforms into a grin. “If I can keep YOUR attention for all this time and you not look at anyone else, then I must be… hot…”
 
Brock carefully words his answer back. “You don't know the half of it.”
 
“Good… but I want you to finish packing before I go any further. You've seen enough of my personal stuff for one day…”
 
Deciphering her words, Brock knows that she's talking about her intimate apparel and does as he's told. She patiently waits until he's done and the “click” of the closed suitcase is heard.
 
“Okay, I'm done… I'll… leave the room…” Brock says with a hint of sadness.
 
“Brock… you don't have to leave… just turn around, that's all…”
 
“Sure.” Lying down on the bed, Brock turns on his side and faces away. “Let me know when you're done…”
 
Happily, Duplica starts packing the last of her clothes and thinks about what just happened. `He's just kidding with me… but it's too soon for him to be seeing this stuff. There's plenty of me visible in that swimsuit… I'm glad he's being understanding about this- I don't want rush things.'
 
She begins to hum to herself as she careful folds that last of her clothes and smiles. `All done…'
 
 
As he waits for his girlfriend to finish, Brock closes his eyes and dozes off…
 
“Brock… Brock… wake up…” Duplica says while gently shaking Brock.
 
“Huh? Oh, sorry…” Is the groggy reply back.
 
“I'm done… let's go see what Ash and Misty are up to…”
 
“Sounds good… I'm getting hungry, anyway…”
 
 
The pair drop their suitcases in front of their door and head down the hallway to the kitchen, where they find Ash and Misty already placing the completed meal onto four plates… and two bowls on the floor.
 
“Where's the rest of our group?” Brock says, referring to the missing Mr. And Mrs. Oak.
 
“We caught them on the way out, actually… and they left a note with some instructions … they had to leave on a last minute assignment… Max and May will be by in about an hour to pick us up and take us over there…”
 
Ash cannot help but voice his disappointment. “Mom had to leave so quickly…”
 
Reassuringly, Misty places a hand on Ash's shoulder. “Ash, I'm sure we'll see her again soon…”
 
“I'm sorry that we missed them…” Duplica says, wanting to at least thank them and say “good bye”.
 
“What's on the note?” Brock says before sitting down at the table.
 
Pikachu looks up from his food bowl and points at the cooling food. “PIKA!!!”
 
Ash smiles and pulls up a chair. “I think Pikachu's trying to tell us something… let's eat!”
 
Misty nudges Ash. “He's just like you… always thinking with his stomach…”
 
“Mmph… what was that?”
 
“Ash… never mind…” Misty sits down and slides the note over to Brock's side of the table.
 
“We better eat before the food gets cold…” Duplica says before sitting down.
 
 
Breakfast passes by rather quickly… the note is passed from Brock to Duplica during the meal and she reads it to herself before placing it in the middle of the table.
 
“That was good… thanks for making breakfast…” Brock says while rubbing his stomach.
 
“No problem.” Misty says with a smile. “Now, let's get everything cleaned up so we'll be ready to go when Max and May get here…”
 
 
The kitchen is a whirlwind of activity as the sound of clanking silverware and plates fill the room… the four get to work cleaning the dishes and the kitchen area… and then the dining room, so that it's clean and back to normal whenever the Oaks' return back to the base.
 
Timing is definitely on the teens side for just as they finish cleaning up and gathering the last of their supplies for the trip, Max and May arrive, all decked out in full Team Rocket uniforms.
 

”Are you guys ready?” May says while looking at the collection of suitcases. “It certainly looks like it…”
 
“We're ready… right Pikachu?”
 
Pikachu hops on Ash's shoulder and nods. “PIKA!”
 
“Good… let's head out then…” Max says while pointing to the exit.
 
 
All four teens take one last look around… Ash and Misty take a quick look in their room before exchanging glances. `This is it… they said two weeks… but I have a feeling it'll be longer…' Ash thinks as he closes the door.
 
 
Several minutes later, the group exits from the secret base and is on their way down to the dock. When they arrive, they board a nearby yacht and sit down inside the main cabin. Max disappears for a moment and then returns with four leather jackets with a large red `R' on the back…
 
“There's one for each of you… put them on, please…”
 
“What are these for?” Misty says while slipping the jacket on.
 
“Cover… you're in street clothes… you did pack your uniforms that we made, right?” Max asks while listening for the sound of the small yacht powering up.
 
The word “Yes” is heard from each teen and Max nods his head. “Sounds like my sister is getting the boat warmed up… we'll be heading out a few minutes.”
 
“Where is this camp?” Brock asks, wondering what kind of setting it'll be in. “I didn't get a chance to ask that before we left.”
 
“It's out in the jungle… the island group has a name, but I doubt you'd recognize it… so many names have been changed in the last twenty five years.” Max pauses as the sound of the engine humming becomes louder. “Buckle in and I'll tell you more about it…”
 
May yells from the top deck- “Releasing anchor!”, signaling that it's time to leave.
 
About a minute later, the boat zips off in a southeast direction and soon clears the main docking area. May transmits a code signal to the entrance guardian system, allowing them to leave the bay area without incident. She breathes a sigh of relief as the yacht soon reaches the open ocean…
 
“Plotting roundabout course… it'll take a few hours, but it's safer. We be expected… but the less run-ins with other Team Rocket ships and personnel, the better…” May says to herself as she readies the boat for the journey to Verde Island.
 
A/N: Verde is “green” in French.
 
Down in the main cabin, Max decides to talk about their destination. “It's called Verde Island… and it's a secret base for higher level trainees. All four of you should fit right in- that's higher level of Pokémon ability…”
 
“Yeah… I know the moves for Ditto and over 250 Pokémon… but there's so many Pokémon out there…” Duplica says while nodding her head.
 
“You don't even want to know how many there are now…” Max says with a chuckle.
 
Brock thinks about that description as well. “Ash is very qualified… and of course Misty and I are former gym leaders… so I think we'll be fine.”
 
“Yeah… you guys will be on the same level as the others. Just remember to keep all talk about non-Team Rocket business to yourselves unless you're in your cabin.”
 
“So we're staying in cabins?” A curious Misty says, wanting to know more.
 
“They blend in with the surroundings… but their very advanced. We've made special arrangements for both couples to be in the same cabin, one on each floor. Your cabin will have special shielding and insulation- so you can talk freely and communicate to the outside world, if need be, in secrecy…”
 
“Oh…” Ash is surprised by all of the steps this group is taking for them. “Won't anyone get suspicious?”
 
“Oh no, the cabin looks exactly like the others, only two people there know about it… and both are former gym leaders and they're on our side.” A reassuring Max says in order to calm any fears the teens may have. “Just act like your excited and ready to serve Team Rocket, and you'll have no problem…”
 
A curious Duplica wants to hear more. “Tell us more about this camp… and what it looks like…”
 
“Let me get something to drink for everyone and I'll do that… it's going to take us a few hours to get there…”
 
 
Part B
 
 
The four teens wait for Max to return with some refreshment and wonder about this island even more, after hearing information on the cabins.
 
“I'm sure you guys are wondering why all the secrecy… with the cabins and such…” Max says while passing out cans of soda. “You guys aren't the first that we've had be trained there… that cabin is just for our special troops…”
 
“Oh, I see… so they can stay undercover and still get training…” Ash nods his head. “You guys really think of everything…”
 
“Well, we try…” Is the reply back.
 
The next one to ask a question is Misty. “Ash's mom mentioned something about a swimming pool and hot tub…”
 
A hearty laugh is the response back from Max before he answers the question. “I was going to get to that… especially since you guys are two couples… but let me mention the sports facilities first…”
 
“Okay…” The former Pewter city gym leader nods his head. “Tell us about the kind of sports they do there…”
 
“There's something else I need to mention first. You see… the camp is surrounded on three sides by a fence, and it's pretty well concealed and has some security measures tied into it. It's there to keep any curious people out… it's really not used as a disciplinary measure, after all, recruits like you guys are there because you want to be, not because you have to. The other side is on the ocean… there's one main dock and one auxillary dock… and mines and other detection devices in the water. That's why we have to be careful… if you guys had to make a break for it, it wouldn't be easy…”
 
 
After hearing that, the two young couples make a mental note to be extremely careful- one false move and it could be impossible to escape.
 
“Tennis and racquetball each have their own courts… it's a great way to build endurance and strengthen your legs. There's also a basketball hoop…”
 
“That doesn't sound too bad. It's something different to do after training… we haven't been getting much exercise lately…” The Ditto master says with a sigh.
 
“Oh, you will be… that's part of the training. Body and mind…”
 
“And our Pokémon?” A curious Ash asks after hearing that.
 
This comment allows Max to explain another critical part of the training. “Good physical training, to build strength and endurance, and you guys will be learning moves way ahead of your time… the old Team Rocket won't know what hit `em!”
 
“Sounds good to me…” Ash says with a smirk.
 
“When you're done for the day, you can take a nice relaxing swim…”
 
Brock grins after hearing that. “I like that idea…”
 
Duplica knows why and silently blushes… but also likes the idea herself. `He looks pretty good in a swimsuit, too… I'd like to go swimming with him.'
 
“And then there's the outdoor hot tub, fed by our natural hot springs… perfect for relaxing any sore muscles you may have… or as a couples hangout…” The last part is said with a slight grin- but to his surprise, all four teens nod their heads and acknowledge that without missing a beat. `I guess these guys are really close as couples… they weren't embarrassed at all.'
 
 
Before Max can say anything more, his sister comes downstairs into the cabin. “How's everything going?”

”Oh, I was just telling them about the training camp and what to expect, sis.”
 
“Good, good… it won't be too bad… we have a lot of faith in you four.” May sits down and directly addresses the four teens from the past. “You've had dealings with Team Rocket… and of course, you know about your supposed deaths… and how that'll help keep you under the radar.”
 
“Yeah… that'll feel a little weird at first, though… but I'm sure we'll be fine.” Misty says while silently wishing that she's back home with Ash and her friends.
 
“I know they showed us that Star Trek episode… but some of this sounds like the `Terminator'… with all of this time travel business.” Brock's face suddenly sports a large grin. “Maybe we should tell them `I'll be back'…”
 
Duplica giggles after Brock does his `Arnold' impersination… though it seems like Ash and Misty don't get it. May notices this and decides to comment.
 
“I think you two are too young to be watching that kind of movie… but I'm sure Brock and Duplica can fill you in later. It was an old set of movies… but still popular, even now.”
 
 
A loud `beep' is heard a moment later, drawing everyone's attention to focus on the sound.
 
“I think I'd better get back up there…” The brunette says before heading towards the ladder. “Why don't you guys come up and get some fresh air?”
 
 
Eager for the chance to get out of the somewhat cramped cabin, get some fresh air, and observe their surroundings, the four teens agree. For the rest of the journey, they sit up on the upper deck and enjoy the warmth of the sun… the sights and sounds of the ocean and the smell of the salt in the air.
 
 
Time passes by and the journey, which had become actually an enjoyable one, comes to an end. Verde Island comes into view and May begins maneuvering the boat up to the dock. Two females in Team Rocket uniforms in their 40's start walking down the from the land end of the dock towards the boat.
 
“Well guys, this is it… we'll be in touch and hopefully we'll see you soon…”
 
“Take care everyone…” Max says, sorry to see his new friends go.
 
“Okay… and thanks!” Ash says while climbing down the ladder to the exit the boat. Max and May get the baggage and drop it off on the pier… all four teens wave and say `good-bye' and `thanks' before the boat takes off and soon disappears from view…
 
 
“Ahem. You four are the new recruits…” The blue haired TR officer says while giving the group a lookover.
 
“Yes ma'am…” Brock says, while taking a step forward. `I hope I'm remembering this right…'
 
“I'm Brock, leader of this group from Pallet Town…”
 
The other agent, a raven-haired woman, takes a closer look at the four, as if doing an inspection. The teens straighten up and do a salute, as per the regulations that they had read earlier.
 
“Oh, there's no need for that…” A small smile forms on her face. “There was something… familiar about you guys…”
 
“Oh, okay…” Is Brock's initial response. `We were told about two gym leaders… I wonder if this is them?'
 
 
“I think we should introduce ourselves before we go any further…” The senior member says in order to calm down the new recruits. “My name is Erica… and this is Sabrina…”
 
Ash has an instant memory flashback of the names. “Wait a second…”
 
The names also strike a chord in Misty and Brock's minds as well…
 
“Yes, Ash… or should I call you `Ashley'…” Erica says with a giggle, remembering the young man that nearly 30 years ago, posed as a girl to fight in her gym for the Rainbow Badge.
 
“It is you…” Ash blushes. “I remember that… and of course, you Sabrina…”
 
“Thanks to the hard work of you guys, I got out my shell so to speak… and I was able to be a little more normal… until Team Rocket came along and took over everything…” The former Saffron City gym leader says with a slight nod at the end.
 
“You'll have to fill me in… I haven't heard these stories from these guys…” Duplica says, wanting to know more about what's going on.
 
“That'll be no problem- we're your personal trainers. The Oaks told us you were coming… and that we had special training, just for you.” Sabrina says softly. “Oh, and don't worry about talking in the open like this… we've temporarily turned off any audio devices… though we'll have to talk more in the secure cabin.”
 
“Okay…” Misty smiles. “Maybe we can `catch-up' if you have some time…”
 
“Well, we'll see… it may have to wait until after dinner. Let's get your bags over to your cabin and let you settle in… and we'll talk some more. You four seem to know what role you have to play… and what appearance and actions you have to present.”
 
As if on cue, all four say “Yes, ma'am!”
 
Erica takes a step forward and then turns around. “Good. Let's get moving, recruits. Follow Sabrina and I to your cabins…”
 
“YES!” Is the enthusiastic reply back. Sabrina starts marching behind Erica and the group of six march up the pier and onto the mainland of Verde Island. The four teens are observant of their surroundings as best they can be while keeping up their “Team Rocket” appearance. After a short walk, they come up the main gate… and the nearly invisible fence running through the jungle to the right and left of that point through the thick jungle foliage. Two guards open the gate and then salute the group…
 
“Just a little further… your cabin is in the southwest cornet…” Erica says as the group enters the main complex. “You can check out the facilities after dinner…”
“Sounds good…” Brock says softly, not wanting to get out of character.
 
 
After a few minutes walk, the large two-story cabin soon comes into sight. Sabrina takes a quick glance back and notice the group's eyes go wide… even the Pikachu walking beside Ash, which has been silent since she first spotted the Pokémon. `Ash even trained his Pokémon to be silent… excellent. They all have their Pokeballs on their waist… and it seems like Misty must've managed to get her Togepi into one of those… I don't see it…'
 
 
Soon, the group arrives at their destination. “Wow…” Is the exclamation from the young redhead. “Doesn't it look nice, Ash?”
 
“Yeah… it's like a log cabin… made out of the wood from out here.” Is his response back.
 
The former Celadon City gym leader motions towards the front door. “Let's head inside… and get you guys situated.”
 
Eagerly, the four teens head inside and the two former gym leaders close the door and secure it behind them. After hearing a click and two beeps, Erica and Sabrina let out a soft sigh.
 
“First things first… you make sure to keep everything closed… don't talk about certain things unless the front door is closed and you hear the click two beeps- that let's you know that everything's secured and it's okay to talk. That's very important…”
 
“Okay, we got it Erica…” Brock says, still maintaining his leadership of the group role.
 
Sabrina continues the instructions. “Other then that… try and learn as much as you can… and given current developments in Pallet Town and within Team Rocket, you're gonna be here for a while.”
 
“That makes sense…” Ash says while looking around. “This looks like a pretty nice place…”
 
“Thank you…” Erica smiles. “Sabrina and I designed it ourselves… we disappeared before the takeover and changed our names… we've been part of this for five years now, along with our husbands.”
 
“Operation planning and training is our forte… and once we heard about the possibility of changing all this… we just had to have you here… where hopefully you'll be learning but still be off the radar.” Sabrina says with a nod.
 
“Oh…” Is the common response from all four teens, now knowing a little of the back history of their new `leaders'… and what they've been through.
 
“Soo… who gets upstairs?” Misty says while peeking up the staircase.
 
“The older couple… Brock and Duplica… in case they want some privacy…” Sabrina says with a smirk, causing the couple to blush.
 
“Sabrina, don't do that… I think you embarrassed them.” Erica says crossly.
 
“It's umm… okay… we'll take it…” Brock says nervously.
 
“It's time for our regular meeting before dinner… and we have to report on you guys- and how good we think you'll be on our initial report. We'll be back in two hours for dinner… and then you ask us any questions you have when come back here afterwards.”
 
“Sounds good… for one thing, I want to hear more how you two know my friends here… and why you called Ash, `Ashley'…” Duplica says, full of curiosity.
 
“Umm… yeah…” Ash says with a blush. “We'll talk about that one later…”
 
 
The two Team Rocket leaders excuse themselves and allow their new recruits to settle in. They head over to their meeting and prepare to give the four the best reviews possible…
 
Back in the cabin, Brock and Duplica grab their suitcases and start to head upstairs.
 
“We'll talk to you guys later… we're gonna unpack our bags…”
 
“Sure, Brock, see you later… enjoy your privacy…” Misty says with a wink.
 
Duplica glances over at Misty… and can see that her friend is just joking.
 
“Same with you and Ash… don't have too much fun…”
 
Misty's face turns as red as her hair. “Y-yeah…”
 
 
The older couple heads upstairs and opens the door. After seeing inside, the pair is awe of their surroundings.
 
“It's like a first-class suite…” Is the initial reply from Duplica.
 
“Very nice… let's get unpacked and change out of these clothes… at least for a little while. I want to have some time as a non-Team Rocket guy…” Brock says with a sigh. “This still feels a little weird…”
 
“I know what you mean… but I think we'll get used to it…” Duplica peers around the corner and takes a look at the bathroom. “Even the bathroom looks great… I think we'll enjoy it here…”
 
“Me too… we have some nice light coming in through the windows… the air condition is set perfectly… and we even have separate dressers with mirrors…” Brock walks over and then presses his hand down on the bed… confirming a suspicion he had from first glance at it. “Looks like a waterbed…”
 
“I've never slept on one of those before…”
 
“Neither have I… but I've seen them before. Wanna check it out together?”
 
“Sure… but let's unpack first… and no peeking, Brock.”
 
“Hey… the dressers are spaced out enough… and I won't be looking on purpose. You have my word.”
 
“I know… but I'm just reminding you. I did pack a copy of that DVD, too… the one with the Yesterday's Enterprise episode. I asked Delia Oak about it… and she made a copy of the episode only for me. There's more to it, I just know it…”
 
“Well, we have a DVD player underneath the TV over here…” Brock points at the TV on his right and then the desk next to it. “Looks like we have a computer, too…”
 
Duplica, after talking about the Star Trek: TNG episode, has an idea. `I think I should do that… and Brock and I can relax together…'
 
 
The two unpack in silence, both eager to sit down and relax. This time, Duplica is done first and decides to surprise Brock. After peeking over her shoulder, she takes out her Star Trek uniform and quickly walks into the bathroom.
 
“I'll be out in a minute… but let me know when you're done changing…” She says from behind the bathroom door.
 
“Okay… I'll be done unpacking in a minute and I'll change… just give me a few…”
 
 
Wondering if his girlfriend is up to something, Brock quickly unpacks and changes into one of his new outfits, a tropical shirt and shorts combo. “I'm done…”
 
“I hope you don't mind seeing me in this again…” Is the reply back before the door opens. “I see we have a closet… so I'm going to hang this jacket and our packed uniform in there…”
 
“Yeah, mine's in there already. Uniform condition is part of the curriculum after all…” A grinning Brock says while taking some glances at his girlfriend in her red uniform as she walks over to the closet and hangs up her TR uniform. `I really like this uniform of hers… she looks great in it. I'm so lucky…'
 
“Soo… let's see how this works…” Duplica sits down on the edge of the bed and slides herself onto it. “Woah… this feels weird…”
 
Brock walks around to the other side and does the same thing and notices immediately how different this is compared to any other bed he's slept in.
 
Playing along, a grinning Brock asks a simple question. “So captain… what are your orders?”
 
“To spend some quality time with me, of course…” His girlfriend smiles back. She slips her hand into his and holds it for a few minutes… both teens nearly fall asleep due to how comfortable the bed is.
 
Feeling his eyelids growing heavier, the former Pewter city gym leader is about to pass out when he feels a weight on his chest…
 
“Duplica?”
 
“Hold me… then you can fall asleep…” The snuggling captain says softly.
 
“No problem…”
 
Gently, Duplica rests her head on his chest and tries to fall asleep… even though she feels his hands rubbing her back… and then moving lower. `He's always in the mood to have some fun with me… I like that…'
 
“You must like my hips and butt a lot…”
 
“Of course… everything about you is perfect…” Brock says before gently squeezing her behind. “I'm glad I didn't get carried away with the other women from before… though I have to say Misty and Ash helped keep me in check. If I hadn't of waited, I would've never gotten with you…”
 
“Hmm… I'm a lot better then all of the Joys and Jennie's you've flirted with…” Is the reply back from the Ditto master, who wants to hear more of his feelings.
 
“There's only one Duplica… I found my one perfect girl… you remember that song I did, right?” Brock says with a slight chuckle.
 
“Of course… it was a little silly… but I liked it.” Duplica softly sighs as Brock's hands start massaging her back again. She decides to tell him some more about her reasons for falling for him. “You're creative… and strong… and handsome. I like how you relate to your Pokémon… and people in general. You're very compassionate, Brock…”
 
“Thanks… and I think you are, too… you're very loving. I like that…” Is the reply back she gets from her boyfriend, causing her to blush.
 
“Brock…” Duplica swoons.
 
“Anything for you…” Brock says before stifling a yawn. “I think we'd better take a nap… so we'll be fresh for dinner…”
 
“Okay…” Duplica closes her eyes and quickly falls asleep, joining her boyfriend in slumberland.
 
 
Downstairs, Ash and Misty are also settling into their new accommodations. The two talk for several minutes before actually getting around to the task of unpacking their clothes… and finish up before commenting to each other about the look and feel of the cabin.
 
“Ash… this is so… luxurious. I know it's just a cabin in the middle of the jungle… but it's definitely first rate…”
 
“Mist, you're right… I had no idea it'd be this nice. Right, Pikachu?” Ash says while looking down at his friend.
 
“PIKA!” Pikachu says, glad to be able to speak once again. “PIKA-PI!” He points at a small bed near the closet.
 
“Are you tired?”
 
Pikachu nods his head. “PIKKA!”
 
“Go ahead… Misty and I won't bother you…”
 
Pikachu slowly walks over to the bed and crawls in… and soon falls asleep. Misty takes off her belt with her Pokémon on it and places it on top of the dresser… Ash does the same thing and places a small kiss on Misty's cheek.
 
“I think we should change… even if it's for a little while. We've been in these uniform jackets all day…”
 
“Good idea, Ash… as much as we have to use these things… we should try and stay out them when we can…” Misty says while walking over to her set of dresser drawers. “You can change in here… I'm going to use the bathroom…”
 
“Okay… I won't be long…” Ash says while thinking about what to wear. `Something casual… maybe a T-shirt and shorts…'
 
 
His girlfriend is also thinking along the same lines… she decides to try on some of her new clothes.
 
“Be right back, Ash…”
 
“Sure…” The young man says while picking out his clothes. The bathroom door shuts and Ash changes, eagerly awaiting Misty's return. `I know she got some new stuff… and I think she's going to use that…'
 
A couple minutes later, Ash is done and hangs up his uniform and jacket. Misty knocks on the door…
 
“Done?”
“Yeah…”
 
Ash says nothing as Misty walks from the bathroom door over to the closet to hang up her uniform… but his eyes wonder around and check out her appearance. `She let her hair down again… I like that light green shirt and shorts she's wearing… I can see a lot of her legs…'
 
“Like my new outfit? I don't think you saw this one…” Misty says as she strikes a pose. `It's colorful… and light. He's looking very handsome in his palm tree T and white shorts.'
 
“Nice… and what about me?”
 
Misty winks. “Handsome as ever, Ash. You're becoming more of a looker, you know…”
 
“Thanks…” Is the reply back as a blush creeps over the young man's face. “You're umm… looking nicer all the time, too…”
 
“Of course… your girlfriend is one of the Sensational Sisters of Cerulean City. I have to live up to our reputation, after all…” Misty says with a giggle.
 
“Yeah…”
 
Sitting down on the bed, the youngest Sensational sister wonders what to do next. `Should I talk to him some more… or take a nap… or maybe hug and kiss him? He's in a good mood right now… and he's eyeing me and my outfit. Maybe we should enjoy our private time together while we have a chance.'
 
“Ash, sit down next to me…”
 
With a smile, Ash walks over to his girlfriend and sits down on the edge of the waterbed… and loses his balance, falling back diagonally onto the bed itself.
 
“Oops…”
 
A small giggle escapes the redhead's lips. “Good one, Ash…”
 
 
It takes a moment for the Pokémon trainer to restrain his normal reaction to snap back or get angry… he knows that Misty is just joking with him. “Yeah, umm… like I said, I haven't been on one of these before…”
 
Suddenly, an `idea' comes to the young woman's and she acts on her impulses. Ash watches as Misty shifts her body and maneuvers herself so she's over him on all fours…
 
“Ash… are you up to some hugging and kissing? I'm feeling… very affectionate…” She says with a slight blush. `I hope I'm not being… too forward. Nah, too forward would be having some of the top three buttons open… and letting him see some of my bra. That'd be too forward…'
 
The young man underneath her is momentary shocked, though in a good way, by her comment. He blushes and then nods his head. `Misty wants to do this more often… and so do I… though this is the first time she's said it like that. I feel warm inside when she says it that way…'
 
Closing his eyes, the trainer from Pallet Town waits for Misty to make the first move… it isn't long before he feels her warm body on top of his… her legs are the first thing he feels… then her hips…
 
“Good so far, Ash?” Misty says softly.
 
“Of course Mist… you know how much I like your smooth legs… err… legs…” The now embarrassed Ash opens his eyes… and finds a wide smile on his girlfriends' face.
 
“You are getting better at this… now you're being specific with what you do like… make sure and tell me more Ash… it shows me you're being open with your feelings about me…”
 
“I'll try… it is getting easier…” Ash admits aloud.
 
“Then we need to keep practicing… both of us…”
 
Nodding his head, Ash agrees 100 percent.
 
Admitting some of her intimate feelings, Misty decides to relay these to her boyfriend. “Good. Ash… I like… your muscles. Your starting to get quite the body, you know… and you are quite the kisser…”
 
Ash's eyes get wider. “Really? It's not like I got to practice before we started doing this…”
 
“Neither did I… but I like what you do so far…” Is the reply back from the blushing redhead.
 
“Mist…” Is about all Ash can say in return.
 
Saying nothing, Misty lowers the rest of her body on top of Ash's chest, moving slightly to get a better position…
 
“Misty… k-kiss me…”
 
Puckering her lips slightly, the young woman moves in for the kiss. “Ash…”
 
 
The two lovers begin expressing their feelings… and both can feel that this time is a little more passionate then anything they've done before. Misty puts more energy into her hugs and kisses… and presses more of her body into his.
 
Feeling her responses, Ash cannot help but be a little overwhelmed at first… but soon starts responding back. `She's… she's… making me feel… excited… Misty… my lovable redheaded tomboy…'
 
`Thanks, Ash… I needed a little more. I'm so scared… even though I don't show it… I just want to go home, even if it's to change the future…' That though passes through Misty's mind as she continues to tenderly kiss and hold her boyfriend.
 
Thoughts also pass through Ash's mind as well…
 
`I don't think she knows… that I like more then her legs… and I notice everything. I didn't want to say anything… to look stupid in front of her. I'll have to start telling her more of what I like…'
 
Slowly, Misty pulls away and rests her head on the pillow, some of her loose hair dangles down in Ash's face… which he gently pushes away…
 
Feeling like a tease, the former Cerulean gym leader cannot help but have some more fun with her boyfriend. “Soo… still think everything in life has to do with Pokémon, Mister Ketchum?”
 
“Not everything…” Is the tease back.
 
“Good. There was something about you… after you took my bicycle and fried it… that kept me with you, no matter what happened… or the adventure involved…”
 
“Same here… I didn't realize it at first… but I like you… and now I know… that I love you, Misty…” Ash says while gently caressing her hair.
 
While fluttering her eyes and relaxing her body, Misty returns the sentiment. “I love you, too, Ash…”
 
The two relax together in silence… and Misty falls asleep, comfortable with her position and the warmth of Ash's body against hers.
 
 
While his girlfriend dozes, Ash takes some time to notice some more details about her, starting with the softness of her red hair, the warmth in her expression… and the smile on her face. In his mind, new connections are made between his feelings for the beautiful young woman next to him. `This is attraction… and desire for someone… I need to be with her… more then anything… I know she feels the same about me…'
 
Feeling a little curious, he gently brushes his hand across her warm cheek and down onto her neck and shoulder. `Maybe she'd like it if I rubbed her back…'
 
Though asleep, Misty can feel some of what he's doing… and she reacts by smiling at first… and then as Ash rubs her back from top to bottom and back, a few soft moans escape her lips.
 
“Mmm… Ash… that's nice…”
 
“Looks like I was right…” Ash says softly to himself. `This is kind of fun, too…'
 
“Misty, you like that, huh…” He says in a near whisper.
 
“Yes… it's soothing… can you do some more?” Is the semi-conscious response back… along with a gently pressing of her upper body against his.
 
Not used to her pressing her chest against him so much, Ash stutters his response back. “Sure… umm… no problem…”
 
 
Taking a few deep breathes to help steele his resolve, the young Pokémon trainer continues his work. The softness of her back, the slight ridges, all the small details and the softness of her T-shirt are noticed by the tips of Ash's fingers- though he doesn't go below the line of her shorts or squeeze her behind.
 
`Misty doesn't think I notice more then her legs… and maybe her lips… but she's got a nice stomach… and butt. I can tell her chest is filling out, too… but I haven't said anything yet about that. Brock said to be very careful when talking about that area of a woman's body… and I'm still new at this… so… if she asks, I'll tell her… and wait until I'm comfortable if she doesn't…'
 
 
About an hour later, a slightly grinning Misty wakes up and notices that Ash is nearly asleep, though she can feel his hands on the upper part of her back, gently running across the back strap of her bra. `Looks like Ash does notice more then my legs… this is good… I've never seen him curious about my chest before. I'm a late bloomer, I guess… but soon enough, Ash… you won't be able stop looking at me, even for a moment. This “Sensational Sister” is on her way to having a sensational adult figure, just you wait…'
 
 
 
When the Erica and Sabrina come back another hour later, they open the door and find the younger of the two couples asleep on the bed, snuggled against each other and happily napping…
 
“Very cute…” Erica says softly. “These two, though still young… have a very strong bond. That's what we promote here… though the `team' over anything else. I'll have to make sure and explain that to them… so they keep that going when they aren't in the spotlight…”
 
Sabrina takes a few steps forward towards the stairwell. “Good point… let's check on the other two…”
 
 
The pair of Team Rocket generals tip-toe upstairs, being quiet as possible. It doesn't surprise them to find the older couple snuggled together… though the sight of Duplica in a red Star Trek: The Next Generation uniform catches their eye…
 
“Seems like she's a hardcore fan… and she looks comfortable in that. She was running a imitation house a long time… according to the file, she's a Ditto Master and a costume master…” Erica says, commenting first.
 
“That would make her a master of disguise as well… in our books, right?” Sabrina asks.
 
“Yes… she's very intelligent and talented… I know she could've made a very formidable gym leader… you know, back in the old days…”
 
“Yeah… the old days…” Is the response back from Sabrina, followed by a soft sigh. “In a way, I'm a little jealous of these four… I didn't have anything like that in my life until after we both `disappeared' and I ran into my future husband.”
 
“Me either… I was just worried about my gym, my job, and of course, my Gloom at the time…”
 
“Soo… what do we do?”
 
Erica thinks about her answer for a moment. “Well, we can get away from the dinner meeting… as long as their up for a brief meeting with the other generals tonight. I say, let them sleep for another hour and then bring them some dinner…”
 
“Hmm… sounds good to me. They've had a long day…”
 
Erica heads for the door and softly says “Sleep well” before leaving the room, her co-worker following just behind her. The pair exit the cabin and make their arrangements over at the main HQ, which are agreed upon by the other generals.
 
“They're willing to learn… and they've so much strong potential according to this report, I don't see any reason why not… they did have several hours travel over here on a boat that's not the smoothest ride out there…” The lead general says with a slight grin at the end. “I'm looking forward to meeting these four from Pallet Town…”
 
“What time do you want us to bring them over here, sir?” Erica says with a salute.
 
“Around 9 P.M.- I have some other matters to attend to before then…”
 
“They'll be here at nine sharp, sir…”
 
“Thank you Erica- you and Sabrina are dismissed until then- make sure they get a good dinner before coming over here- a Team Rocket agent needs to be focused on their job and not worried about their stomach…”
 
“Aye sir” Is the response back from both women before they turn around walk out of the Headquarters building. Once they get outside, they exchange a few carefully chosen words.
 
“So far…”
 
“So good…”

To be continued in Chapter 19: Verde Island Camp
 
I hope you enjoyed this long chapter… look for more on this in a couple weeks- I have two other stories that need to be updated- NGE and Sailor Moon. Watch deviantart for