Pokemon Fan Fiction ❯ Team Rocket Strikes Back! An AAML Story ❯ Chapter 19: Verde Island Camp ( Chapter 22 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 19: Verde Island Camp
 
Thanks to Daniel/Excel 92 for the preread on this one. Also, I'd like to credit three people for helping inspire part of the first half of this chapter. The DA artist known as Poocheynapuupy- her story “Puberty” about Ash and Misty gave me some ideas for a part with that couple later on in part A. Here's a link to her story.
 
http://poochyenapuppy.deviantart.com/art/Puberty-72447792
 
Secondly, DA artist that inspired me was the rendition of Misty in her new tropical bikini, which she purchased back in Chapter 16. I thought the picture was perfect to tie into a scene later in part A, so watch for that. If you can't wait to see the picture, here's the link.
 
http://lilineko.deviantart.com/art/Misty-in-a-Tropical-Biki ni-70975766
 
 
Now, onto to chapter 19!
 
 
 
Over at the Team Rocket headquarters, an urgent confidential memo is sent from the Kanto region to the leader, Ross Bergmann and his wife Jessica. A large grin forms on Ross's face as he reads the memo to himself and then passes it to his wife… who gets excited at the news.
 
“It worked! I thought that malfunctioned twenty-five years ago… but you did it! The land came back after all!”
 
Ross takes his wife's hand. “I knew it would… something told me I was on target. I'll have them secure the area and start a detailed analysis of the land that moved forward in time. This should silence all of my critics in the organization who said that time travel was impossible.”
 
Jessica grins. “Yes, dear… we have a new weapon once this technology can be adapted… Team Aqua/Magma won't be able to hold a candle to us soon…”
 
Immediately, the Team Rocket leader has a plan and puts it in motion. “Good thinking… I'll get Jesse and James to organize out troops… and Domino to get our battle plans ready. It may take a while to get this technology perfected, but I want to be ready as soon as it is… so we can crush our opposition and take on the rest of the world…”
 
“Sounds good to me… and I think we need to step up our recruiting and training activities in preparation for this… have Butch and Cassidy work with Annie and Oakley on that…”
 
A large grin forms on the TR leaders' face. “I knew there was a reason I ran away with you 25 years ago… your mind is still as sharp today as it was then…”
 
The redhead smiles and places a kiss on his cheek. “Thanks, dear…”
 
 
Plans get set into motion as a result of this memo… and Team Rocket isn't the only one taking action because of this. Leaders of the combined Team Aqua/Magma worry about this development and do their best to research measures and counter-measures to this… though their scientists are far behind their Team Rocket counterparts.
 
The Team Rocket resistance receives this news with little regard- they already knew the experiment worked several weeks ago. The only item of concern is the movement of troops and resources… and the increased activity in the training department. Key leaders worry about the four young people they just planted in the Verde Island… and hope that any of the Team Rocket leaders who had dealings with them in the past stay away from the island…
 
 
Over on Verde Island, yesterdays' dinner went smoothly and the General running the island was also impressed by a demonstration of their Pokemon trainer skills.
 
(Flashback)
 
Despite being in front of such an audience, Ash and Pikachu put on an electrifying performance, giving the officials a new respect for the electric mouse. `This one has super charging abilities… and we haven't even run it through our gamut yet. This Ash trainee could be quite valuable indeed…' is the thought passing through the head officer's mind while Ash finishes his demonstration.
 
Misty is next, and shows off several attacks and techniques with her water Pokemon… and then Brock with with Onyx and Golbat…
 
Several trainers in the room, including Sabrina and Erica, are eagerly awaiting Duplica's turn “at bat”.
 
“For this one, I'd like to see a battle… to determine her skill level…” the general calls out.
 
Up to the challenge, Duplica nods her head. “Pick whatever you want, I'll face whatever you throw against me…”
 
`She's a spunky one… I like that. Let's see if she can handle this one…'
 
Reaching for his belt, the general takes off of a Pokeball and throws it.
 
“Here's your challenger…”
 
 
A Tyrannitar appears out of the Pokeball… and stands there, gazing down at Duplica. The young woman cannot help but be a little nervous…
 
`I've never faced one of these before… I've read about them and I know their moves… but nothing beats the real thing. This one's huge… it must be at least Level 60 or better…'
 
Getting the battle going is now up to Duplica, she looks down at her Ditto and says: “Ditto… transform!”
 
The small pink blob starts glowing and transforms itself into an exact copy of its opponent, even duplicating the flaring nostrils that the Team Rocket Pokemon is exhibiting.
 
“I'm impressed so far… your Ditto is imitating even the smallest details of my Tyrannitar…” a small grin forms on the General's face while he says this. “Let's see how well it can battle…”
 
“I'm ready whenever you are, sir!” is the enthusiastic reply back from the young Ditto master. Brock crosses his fingers and silently wishes her “good luck.”
 
“Very well then… let's begin. Tyrannitar, attack!”
 
 
Duplica is surprised to see the Tyrannitar attack without a specific attack reference. `He's got it trained to be independent… just great…'
 
“Ditto, take it to `em!”
 
A loud growl fills the room as the two Tyrannitar do battle. They wrestle with each other, each one struggling for dominance. The real Pokemon, however, gets a strangle hold on the other and starts to lean forward, exerting pressure and choking the Ditto…
 
 
Ash and Misty wince slightly at the tactics being used… but know that this is the Team Rocket of the future… and that they do life and death moves. Brock begins to really worry about Duplica as well. `I don't think she's ever faced someone as ruthless as this guy and his Pokemon…'
 
 
Running out of time, Duplica racks her brain for a way out… and finds it in the nick of time. “Ditto, fall backwards and then Tail Whip!”
 
Murmurs fill the room as Ditto starts the move cycle. “Tail Whip?”
 
The background noises don't bother Duplica in the slightest, however. The move works, throwing the Generals' Tyrannitar off balance and releasing the strangle hold… both fall back towards the ground for a moment- and then a Tail Whip attack by the Ditto slams the real Tyrannitar against the wall of the ring.
 
“Not bad young lady…” the TR General says with a nod. “Hyper Beam Charge!”
 
 
Duplica watches in horror as large beams start shooting out of Tyrannitar's mouth… narrowly missing her Pokemon. A moment later, the Pokemon charges forward at Ditto… and lands a punch on the jaw…
 
“Hyper punch now!” Duplica says, hoping that it's not too late. Ditto quickly implements the move… but attacking limb is caught by a swift defensive grab, immobilizing the attack.
 
“Other arm!”
 
 
A powerful punch is launched from the arm, hitting the real T-tar square in the face and sending it reeling…
 
“Impressive… most impressive…” a grin once again forms on the General's face. “Rage… let's use this damage to our advantage…”
 
Getting back on its' feet, the Team Rocket Tyrannitar steadies itself and starts to glow. The massive Pokemon charges forward and starts punching… Duplica begins sweating and tries to think of a way out of this…
 
`This reminds me of a Hitmonchan and the way it punches… I think there's only way to stay in this, even if it's a draw…' Brock thinks as the advancing Pokemon gets closer and closer to his girlfriend's T-Tar. “Duplica! You gotta make a move!”
 
For the first time in a while, the young woman is unsure of what to do. She turns and looks at Brock… and sees him mimic a flurry of punches. `Oh… I get it. I guess it's worth a shot…'
 
“Ditto, Rage attack…”
 
The two Tyrannitars now charge at each other at full speed, both going for the hit that could end the match. At the last second, Duplica calls out “Counter Punch!” and her Ditto switches the rhythm of its attack- thus avoiding a potential double K.O. Several hits hit Ditto, but due to the switch in punch style, it lands more then its' competitor.
 
 
After several seconds of trading blows like a human boxing match, the General's Tyrannitar falls down to the ground with a resounding thud. A TR grunt steps out and looks at the fallen Pokemon before declaring Ditto the winner.
 
 
Several hushed murmurs are heard in the background… most present cannot believe that their leader lost to this new recruit. Erica and Sabrina know better, though… `Anyone who can master the move set for over 350 Pokemon is pretty damn tough to beat…' is the thought in both women's minds.
 
 
Misty and Ash walk up to Duplica and congratulate her on her victory. She blushes and plays it off as “nothing”… until she hears a familiar voice whisper in her ear.
 
“That was incredible… you're amazing…”
 
“Brock… thank you.”
 
 
“Ahem.” The General stands up. “This should go to show you all that anyone can win… and to never, ever underestimate your opponent. This young 17 year-old beat a Pokemon veteran like myself… I'm triple her age. I have to give credit to Sabrina and Erica for recommending her and her friends to join our camp…”
 
The two former gym leaders say nothing but bow and acknowledge their commanders' comment. “Next week I'll be testing out one of the other three new recruits in a similar battle… I have a feeling that all three have talent just like this recruit…”
 
 
Ash, Misty, and Brock look at the General and nod their heads respectfully and wonder… who's going to be next.
 
“You all are dismissed for the evening…” is the order from the General, causing the crowd of spectators to file out of the room. Sabrina and Erica look at the General, who nods towards the door, indicating that they are also free to go. The leader of the base waits until the two women leave the room to approach the group of four…
 
“I'm very impressed with all four of you. I'd like to recommend you for our Elite corps, if you're up to it…”
 
Brock steps up and assumes his leadership role in order to give the “right” answer to that request and avoid any problems.
 
“I'll have to discuss it with my group here… but we're honored, sir…”
 
“Yes, thank you…” Misty says while taking a slight bow.
 
“I'm glad you think that we're that good, sir…” Ash says respectfully.
 
“That was quite the battle… I nearly panicked and I could've lost…” Duplica admits aloud. “I have to thank Brock for forcing me to think and come up with that move.”
 
“Yes, that was quite unexpected. That's what we're trying to train our trainers to do here… to keep it varied and unusual- keep the enemy on his toes. The less you have to order your Pokemon around, the easier it is to make a covert move. Code words work well, too… I think that'll be part of the training from now on… I can already see that you four have your Pokemon trained well- now let's take that one step further.”
 
“Okay…” Duplica says with a nod. “That sounds good, sir.”
 
“Good… I expect good things next week. I'll be picking one of you three at random- so you'd better be ready to fight like Duplica here…”
 
“Yes sir!” is the reply from Ash, Misty, and Brock.
 
“You're dismissed for the night, take some time to rest and think about tonight's battle.”
 
 
With that, the General turns and walks towards the far side of the room and the entrance to the main command center. He turns and with a flick of his wrist, calls back his fallen T-tar. A few moments later he disappears from sight, leaving the four young Pokemon trainers standing alone in the battle room.
 
“What now?” Misty asks, wondering what they should do next.
 
Ash makes no verbal reply but his stomach speaks for itself. “I say we eat. I'm starving!”
 
Brock and Misty sigh aloud. “Good ol' Ash…”
 
Ash protests. “Hey! I can't help it! I'm hungry!”
 
“Let's eat… I'm hungry too. All that fighting made me hungry…” Duplica says while rubbing her stomach. “Ditto, return!”
 
The Tyrannitar/Ditto is called back to its Pokeball and takes a well-earned rest. “Good job, Ditto!”
 
“Duplica, that Ditto of yours kicked some butt, you know…” Brock says while massaging her shoulders.
 
“You're just saying that…” Duplica says before giggling.
 
“Brock's always the Casanova…” Misty says playfully.
 
“Well, umm…” Brock's caught off guard by that comment. “Maybe… but now it's just for one woman…”
 
 
Turning around, Duplica gives Brock a quick hug and then a kiss on the cheek. “I'm glad that I'm the one… now let's eat. You can finish that shoulder massage later…”
 
Brock grins and then takes Duplica's hand. The pair leave the room hand in hand, leaving Ash and Misty alone.
 
“So, Ash… think you can pull that off if you're next?” Misty asks while looking around the room. “That General is pretty damn good…”
 
“I'm ready for anything… especially if I get to use Pikachu…” Ash says confidently.
 
“Hmm… just don't count on anything. I've got a feeling that he's got some tricks up his sleeve… but of course, the `Mighty Misty' can handle anything, too…”
 
Looking at Misty, Ash cannot help but say: “I'm sure she can…”
 
“You better believe it! Even against lightning, water can handle anything!” Misty says confidently. “I've given you quite the challenge in our practice matches so far here in camp- the focusing on overcoming our team's weaknesses isn't a half bad idea…”
 
“Yeah, Pikachu and Bayleef especially are liking the challenge. I gotta work with my other Pokemon a little more and we'll be ready…”
 
“Sounds good…” Misty rubs her stomach after hearing it rumble loudly. “I guess you aren't the only one who's hungry. Let's go get dinner, Ash…”
 
 
Ash walks up to the door and holds it open. “After you…”
 
Misty smiles and likes the fact that Ash is trying to be more of a gentleman. “Thanks…”
 
 
The two join Brock and Duplica at the dinner table in the mess hall and the four discuss their battle plans for the next weeks' battle.
 
 
Six more days of training pass by, both for the trainers and their Pokemon. All seems to be going well… but Misty is a little concerned for the smallest member of her team, Togepi. Ash can see that she's concerned about something and suggests that they take their day off at the beach…
 
Brock on the other hand, receives a suggestion from Erica and Sabrina the day after the fight- and a small map. He looks at it each day and can't wait until he has his chance to check out more of the island. When the day comes, Duplica knows that something is up, but can't quite figure it out…
 
 
 
Down at the beach, Ash and Misty walk down the seemingly endless shore until the get to one of the areas with chairs and umbrellas. The two open the umbrella and have a seat in the shade it provides…
 
“This ain't bad, Misty… I know it's hot out but they have a nice beach here. You ready to go swimming?”
 
“Of course, Ash… I already put my suntan lotion on like you did. It's been a while since we've gone swimming…” Misty says while stretching her arms towards the sea.
 
“Are you okay? I umm… wanted to talk with you before we go swimming…” Ash says before gulping. `Damn, my voice again… it just cracked…'
 
“Sure… but are you okay? You've been nervous this last week… is it because of your voice?” Misty asks as seriously as possible, not wanting to get Ash angry about it.
 
“I'm umm… okay…” Ash says slowly in an effort not to sound “funny”… but his voice still changes.
 
“Ash… it's okay. It's not a bad thing…” Misty says reassuringly. “You're becoming a man, that's all…”
 
“I guess…” Ash says in a deeper voice. “I still think I sound a little weird, though…”
 
Misty grins. “You'll get used to it. I already knew you were growing up by the way you acting… especially, the way you've been looking at me lately.”
 
“Umm…” Ash doesn't know what to say to that. `She's on to me… I guess she caught on that I've been staring at her more lately.'
 
Misty elbows Ash playfully. “You told me that there are more important things then Pokemon… that was the first sign that you were becoming a man in my eyes.”
 
“T-thanks…” He blushes and then responds back. “And you umm… you're becoming more of a… a woman, too…”
 
It's Misty's turn to blush. “Ash…”
 
“Yeah, ummm… you're ummm… looking better all the time…” Ash says nervously, not wanting to sound perverted.
 
“You think so, huh? Good- I feel better about how I look lately… you aren't the only one growing up here. At least we have each other to get through this… who knows when we'll be heading back…” Misty says with a soft sigh.
 
“Yeah… we could be older teens or even adults…” Ash says, hoping that for a return to the past sooner then later- but realizing that matter is out of their hands.
 
“In any case… we have each other. I'm worried about my Togepi, though… I feel like their training is going to corrupt my little baby… and they're pushing for it to evolve as soon as possible, too…”
 
Realizing that this is what Misty was worried about, Ash tries to comfort his girlfriend. “Oh… so that's what you were thinking about lately…”
 
“Yeah…” the young woman says with a nod. “My little baby isn't so innocent anymore…”
 
“I don't know what to say… they're going to train it in the Team Rocket ways… but maybe you could offer them some suggestions…”
 
Seeing some hope in Ash's suggestion, Misty cheers up a little. “Maybe… if I can change the training a little, they'll be happy and Togepi won't be under so much pressure. It's worth a shot…”
 
“Yeah…”
 
 
There's a few moments of silence… and then Misty smiles. “Ready to swim with me?”
 
“Sure! I got that beach ball in our bag, too…”
 
“We'll play with that later. I want to get into the water and stretch out… I feel like I'm out of shape, Ash…”
 
 
Taking a quick look at Misty in her white T-shirt and red shorts, Ash cannot help but think to himself. `That's not possible… you look great, Mist…'
 
 
Misty sees Ash staring at her and smiles. She waves her hand in front of the spaced out young man next to her. “Hello… are you ready Ash?”
 
“Huh? Oh yeah… sorry…”
 
Seeing a palm tree nearby, Misty has an idea. `Hmm… maybe I should flirt with him… just a little… since he is becoming more manly…'
 
“Ash, close your eyes.”
 
“Sure…” A curious Ash says before doing as asked. `I wonder what she's up to?'
 
“When I say `open' then you open them, got it?” Misty says strongly, wanting to keep the surprise a surprise.
 
“Got it. Just don't take too long…” Ash says with a small grin.
 
“I won't…” Misty takes off her shirt and shorts and places them on her chair. `This is the first time I've worn this bikini out in public… I know it looks good… but I want to see what he thinks of it…'
 
 
“Okay… open your eyes.” Misty says softly.
 
 
Slowly, Ash opens his eyes and looks around for Misty. He finds her standing in front of a palm tree, her back to him. She turns and winks at her boyfriend. “What do you think, Ash?”
 
 
A/N: To see how Misty might look at this point, go to the following website and look at this picture, drawn by my friend Lilineko. My words would fail to describe the scene as good as the picture- they do say a picture is worth 1000 words so please take a moment and look at the picture before proceeding onward.
 
 
http://lilineko.deviantart.com/art/Misty-in-a-Tropical-Bikini-709 75766
 
 
“Umm…” Ash blushes and rubs his eyes. “Misty… wow…”
 
“So you like the tropical design?” she says, looking at Ash thoughtfully.
 
“Uh huh. I've never seen you wear anything like this before…” Ash admits while trying not to stare too much at her legs… and behind.
 
That reply catches Misty off guard. “What do you mean? I've worn bikini's before…”
 
“Yeah… but this one is a little smaller and umm… you're… bigger…”
 
The young mans' voice cracks at the end of the sentence and he stops speaking. Misty can see the redness in his face after he speaks those words. `His face is as red as my hair… I think I went too far…'
 
“It's not much smaller… the straps are smaller, true…” Misty turns around and walks over to Ash- who takes another good look at her, this time getting to see the front of her body. “Ash… you do notice all of me…”
 
The very embarrassed young man nods his head. “Misty, you're beautiful…”
 
Flattered, Misty gives him a quick kiss on the cheek. “Thanks…”
 
 
Wanting to avoid further embarrassment, Ash only sees one way out of the situation. “Misty… let's go swimming…”
 
“Okay…”
 
 
The young woman runs towards the water and Ash sighs aloud. “Misty… I didn't know she was a tease…” He mumbles to himself before taking off his shirt.
 
At the edge of the surf, Misty stops and turns around, looking for her boyfriend. “Come on, handsome, let's go!”
 
After taking a deep breath, Ash starts walking forward, his pace hastened by the hot sand between his toes. “Be right there!”
 
 
The couple spent time relaxing and enjoying the sand and surf of the beach before taking a lunch break. After eating a scrumptious lunch, Misty takes out the beach ball and blows it up.
 
“Ready to have some more fun?” She asks with a smile.
 
“Sure… this is fun… if we get to relax like this at least once a week, then I guess we could make it… even if we're stuck here for a while.” Ash says, trying to sound optimistic.
 
Misty is silent for a moment and then replies. “I guess so… but I don't want to spend my the rest of my teen years here. I'd rather be back home… as imperfect as that world is. It doesn't hurt that we have something else to go back for, too…”
 
Ash nods his head. “True…”
 
Misty throws the beach ball at Ash. “Let's get back out there, then… we only have a few hours left before training again…”
 
“You got it, Mist…”
 
 
The young couple enjoys their time frolicking at the beach and trying to block out, at least temporarily, the pressure and challenges facing them here. For the moment, the future is the last thing on their minds…
 
 
Deep in the jungle surrounding the base, the older couple makes their way down a worn path. Brock is following the map as best as he can. Duplica peers at the map and wonders where they're going…
 
“Brock, where are we going? I've gone along with your “it's a surprise” reply for the last half-hour… and it's getting really hot and muggy.”
 
Brock stops and looks around. He notices the wires cutting through the jungle foliage about twenty feet in front of their position.
 
“See, there's the boundary of the camp.” Brock points at the path, which quickly degrades and disappears, just before the line in question. “That's the northern end of this camp… see the wires going across from the ground to about twenty feet up… hmm. There's supposed to be a path off to the left right about… here.”
 
“Hmm… I see it.” Duplica points at a very small red arrow painted on a palm tree near the end of the path, just before the wires. “What's down there?”
 
“Let's go find out…” Brock says with a grin.
 
The Ditto master rolls her eyes. “You're not going to tell me, are you?”
 
“No… I said it was a surprise and trust me, you'll like it.”
 
“Fine… I'll wait.” Duplica says, putting her curiosity aside for the moment. “Let's go… it's just down this path, right?”
 
“Yes…” Brock says with a nod.
 
 
Taking Brock's hand, the young woman takes the lead, pulling him down the new path. After traveling about a quarter-mile, Duplica comes to a stop right in front of a small hill.
 
“That's steam… right?”
 
“Yep. Climb the hill and check it out…” the young man says before letting go of her hand.
 
“Okay…”
 
 
Brock leans against a nearby tree and watches as his girlfriend climbs the ten-foot high hill in front of their current position. She stops at the top and looks down in the small depression and her eyes go wide with astonishment.
 
“It's beautiful! How'd you find out about this place?”
 
“I got the map from Erica and Sabrina. I wanted to relax and unwind with you… and be a little romantic at the same time so…”
 
Duplica turns and looks at her grinning boyfriend. “Well, come on up here!”
 
“On my way…”
 
 
The former Pewter City gym leader stops at the top of the hill and stands next to his girlfriend. He looks down at the hot spring and smiles. `It's even better then they told me…'
 
“There's more to this then you think. That nearly hidden path is also a way out of the camp… we're actually outside of the perimeter.”
 
Duplica is surprised by that revelation. “Really?”
 
“Yeah… in case we need to escape at some point. The wires go underground right where the path crosses the boundary.”
 
“Ah… did you tell Ash and Misty about it?”
 
“Erica and Sabrina left them a copy of the map, too. I made sure that Ash hid that so it's not lying around. It'd be bad if they inspected our cabin for some reason and found that.”
 
Duplica nods her head. “Good point.”
 
“Ready for a relaxing soak?” Brock says, trying not to sound too eager.
 
“One second… I want to sit and admire the view first.” Duplica says softly.
 
 
The pair sit down on the soft grass and look down at the hot spring. A variety of colorful tropical plants line the outside of the natural pool, which is about 20 feet in diameter. On the far side of the pool, the ground drops off into a forested area, which stretches about a mile to the other side of the island. Several minutes pass before either one moves, both teens admire the fine view of the surrounding area. Brock points out a small clump of trees in the distance… and the small cut in the tree cover leading from the opposite shore to their current position.
 
“Oh… that's the way out…”
 
“If we need it… hopefully we won't…” Brock takes out a pair of binoculars out of his backpack and scouts the path again… and then lets Duplica do the same. “Got that memorized?”
 
“Yeah…” the young woman leans her body against Brock's and sighs. “I could stay here all day… and watch the clouds go by. There's a nice breeze here, too…”
 
Brock takes the initiative and gently pulls her closer. “We only have until three, though… then we have to head back.”
 
“Hmm… that'll be long enough. This training… as brutal as is, is preparing us and our Pokemon for our mission… not theirs.”
 
“True…”
 
 
Duplica turns her head and looks at Brock happily. “You know how to be romantic in any situation… even 25 years in the future and hundreds of miles from home… in the middle of a Team Rocket training camp.”
 
“Well… I do my best.” Brock says while looking to his love's eyes. “You're romantic for me, too… who ordered that dinner we ate last night in the moonlight at the beach?”
 
The Ditto master starts playfully jabbing her finger against Brock's chest. “I did silly… I'm trying to be flirty and romantic, too. I hope I'm doing a good job…”
 
“You are… and I appreciate it.” Brock says happily. “Maybe we could do that again next week… along with a moonlight swim…”
 
Liking the sound of that idea, a small grin forms on Duplica's face. “Maybe… but let's not move too fast… I bet you just want to see my in my new bikini.”
 
“Umm… well, you got me. But that's umm… just a side benefit…” The former Pewter city gym leader says while trying to conceal his blush.
 
“You don't have to be embarrassed… I umm… get something out of this, too…” Duplica says playfully. “I get to see you without a shirt on… and those muscles…” the now blushing trainer stops herself from saying anymore…
 
Wanting to break the awkward moment and liking what he just heard, Brock offers a suggestion. “Ready?”
 
“Yeah, I'm ready… and I think you owe me something from last week…”
 
Wondering what she means, all Brock can say is: “Oh?”
 
“You never gave me that shoulder massage that you owe me from six days ago…”
 
Brock shrugs his shoulders. “Oops… I forgot. I'll make it up to you.”
 
“Sounds like a plan…”
 
 
The two stand up and walk downhill to the base of the springs. They set their backpacks down, take out their towels, and set them on the grass. Duplica takes off her shoes and socks and soaks her feet in the water. Brock follows her lead but takes off his shirt before sitting down next to her.
 
“Well, I'm ready…”
 
“Of course you are… you're already wearing your swim trunks. I wasn't about to leave the cabin wearing just my bikini you know…” Duplica says, pointing out the obvious.
 
“True… they've got some strict dress codes here… this casual wear is only allowed when we're off… and at the beach or doing sports. I think the pool is the only other place where we don't have to be in uniform.”
 
“Don't forget about here…” Brock says with a grin. “I guess this our secret romantic place…”
 
Duplica decides to tease Brock a little after hearing that. Her eyes narrow and she pretends to sound a little angry. “Hmm… you sounded a little eager there, Brock. I bet you just want to watch me take off my shirt and shorts.”
 
“What?” Brock feigns ignorance. “Of course not…”
 
“You're not a good liar, Brock… your reply was too nervous… and you didn't look me in the eye.” Duplica says before placing a soft kiss on his cheek. “I never did much swimming… I bet it's been years since I've gone. I was always doing something with the mansion… so it was hard to get away.”
 
“Yeah… I could tell it was really a big part of your life… you put your heart and soul into it. Have you decided what you're going to do when we get back?”
 
“Brock… I don't know yet. Whatever it is, you'll be with me, right?”
 
“Yeah… whatever you want to do. Maybe we could open up a gym together… that'd be fun…”
 
That idea perks Duplica's interest. “Really?”
 
“Well, I used to be a gym leader myself… and given what happened to your place… I'm sure I could pull a few strings. Just think about it… part of the challenge would be the `Ditto Gym'… and you'd be the leader.”
 
The young woman smiles and imagines that scene in her head. “I like that idea a lot… and we'd get to work together. We could run shows, too… I bet it'd be real fun…”
 
“We could still travel around sometimes. I think Ash and Misty are ready to go on their own… Ash wants to head for the top… and I wouldn't be surprised if Misty wanted to get badges, too…”
 
“True… but you'd have to teach them how to survive without your cooking…” Duplica says playfully.
 
“Then I don't know if they'll make it…” Brock says jokingly… before receiving a playful punch to the arm. “I was just kidding… Misty can cook… but I have to give Ash some lessons…”
 
“I was about to say… you've known them for a long time. You're a bad boy sometimes, you know…”
 
“Sometimes…” is all Brock will say to that.
 
 
After taking a deep breath, Duplica prepares herself for the current personal challenge facing her- swimming with her boyfriend in her new swimsuit.
 
“I've never worn a two piece before… and of course, my old suit wouldn't fit me even if I had it…”
 
A thought comes to mind… but Brock quickly dismisses saying a word in reply. `That'd make me sound really perverted… she's really become quite the looker in the last three years.'
 
`Here goes nothing…' is the thought in the young woman's mind as she finally makes a move to overcome her own personal insecurities. Brock says nothing and refrains from the urge to whistle as she takes off her shirt and tosses it over by her backpack. His eyes remain transfixed on her body as she takes off her shorts and does the same thing.
 
“Not bad, huh?” The nervous Duplica asks while stepping into the hot spring.
 
“Not bad at all… red looks good on you and that star in the center of your top reminds me of your trademark shirt.” Brock says, pointing out some of the details he noticed. “Very nice…”
 
“Thanks… that's exactly what I was thinking…”
 
Duplica takes his hand and holds it. “Let's talk some more…”
 
“Okay- but you're quite the distraction…” Brock honestly admits.
 
“Hmm… you are too…”
 
That comment makes Brock blush. “Then we'll both have to get used to this...”
 
“Yep…” Duplica says back with a smile.
 
 
The pair small talk for a while before Brock jumps into the water. Both teens relax and let the hot water massage their muscles and take their cares away…
 
 
After a fifteen minutes soak, both teens feel a lot better. Their muscles are relaxed and they feel refreshed…
 
Duplica closes her eyes and lets the remainder of her nervousness melt away. She's surprised to feel hands on her shoulders a moment later…
 
“Mmm… that feels good…”
 
“I promised you a massage… so here it is…” Brock says while working his “Magic” on her shoulder.
 
“A girl could get used to this…” she says while letting out a soft moan. “You're the best, Brock…”
 
Noticing that she's really enjoying this, Brock decides to make a suggestion. “Next time, you massage my shoulders…”
 
“You've got a deal…” is the happy reply back. “We'll come back here again… I like this place. It's very calm and serene…”
 
“Sounds good, my love…”
 
 
Part B
 
 
The next day, the Team Rocket resistance has a secret meeting to discuss this new development in the Team Rocket organization. Samuel and Delia Oak communicate via a video camera and a hologram link, which projects their image into the council chambers…
 
 
“This is no good… they've discovered the transplanted land from the past…” Is the first topic of discussion, which is brought up by Drake.
 
“I was hoping it would've taken longer…” Samuel says with a sigh. “Our recruits have only started their training at Verde Island…”
 
“We need to delay them… without arousing suspicion.” Delia adds. “Or they'll get the technology going and extend their reach like they've never done before.”
 
Gary Oak speaks up next. “I guess Ash and the others are our only hope… it's too bad he didn't stick around, I'd have given him a run for his money… if the world didn't change like it did…”
 
“Now, now… don't underestimate my son, Gary…” Delia chides. “He's got a girlfriend now… and even more to fight for. I've got full confidence in him and the others…”
 
“I was just kidding… who knows what'll happen if they go back and change things…” Gary says defensively. “I'm sure I'd have kept traveling… and I'd have run into my wife a lot sooner…”
 
“I've got to second that idea. Anything's better then living in secret like this… under this regime…” Lance then opens the floor for suggestions. “Does anyone have any ideas about how to slow Team Rocket down? We don't have the man power yet to take on their main facility…”
 
 
Several “Hmmm's” are heard as those present rack their brains and try to come up with a solution to the problem.
 
One of the members of the former Elite Four speaks up. “What about messing with their supply line? They're going to have to run tests and build new computers and test areas. We could subtly sabotage those efforts.”
 
“Not a bad idea, Koga…” Samuel adds a suggestion of his own. “We'd just have to keep it small and sporadic… and try and get some more of our agents in there. Changing some of the data could also help… if we can hack into their computers, undetected.”
 
“I think we need to be a little bit more proactive now…” Lily Waterflower suggests. “If we can get Team Aqua/Magma moving against Team Rocket again… that pressure could buy us time, too…”
 
Liking the idea but finding a potential flaw with it, Lance speaks up. “Problem is, we don't have as many agents in that organization as we do with Team Rocket.”
 
“Totally true… but we could feed them information without risking one of our own…” Is the counterpoint brought up by Violet.
 
“I like sis's idea…” Daisy says with a grin. “We have to buy as much time as we can for little sis as we can. I'm glad she stuck with Ash…”
 
 
The three Cerulean City sisters giggle, causing several others in the council to sigh aloud.
 
“That's a good idea… but let's keep it serious here, okay?” Drake says softly in an effort to not sound harsh.
 
May decides to speak up at this point. “I agree with Daisy… let's try and get those four some more training time. They're all very talented, and with Erica and Sabrina running the overall picture, they'll be learning what they need to know for their mission with us instead of Team Rocket's. I only talked with them for a short time, but there's an air of confidence in all of them- they just need more focus and training…”
 
Max nods his head and looks at his sister. “Sis is right… but the question is, how much time do they need? And how much can we delay Team Rocket?”
 
Several “Hmm's” are heard after that statement, indicating to Max that his question was a very good one given the circumstances.
 
 
One of the members, who had been silent up to this point, stands up. Due to her location in the mountains of Kanto, her long black hair is whipping around in the wind as she transmits her reply. “I think we should try and give them the full training course… and some extras. I say at least another nine months…”
 
“Nine months? Can we stall Team Rocket for that long? Once they sink their teeth into a project… they move quickly.” Is Gary Oak's reply to that, remember past endeavors by that organization.
 
“We can if we use all the different methods mentioned earlier. And a few more…” Dawn says with a grin. “A little sabotage occasionally wouldn't hurt… it does risk Team Rocket learning about our elite strike corps, though… but I say we can't afford not to be aggressive. This has to work… I never wanted to be a soldier you know… I just wanted to be a normal Pokemon trainer…”
 
 
Lance, Koga, and some of the other older members exchange glances with one another and think about this new proposal.
 
“We'll consider it… but let's start out gradually, hampering their efforts. When they finally start making some real progress… then that's the time to strike.” Samuel says, carefully considering the plan brought out by Dawn.
 
“I agree with Samuel…” Koga says with a nod.
 
Delia has another thought and shares it with the others. “It'll give my boy and the others some real time to hone their skills. With nine months of training, their own personal bonds with each other will be stronger, their Pokemon will be stronger and they'll be a year older since arriving here.”
 
Delia's husband immediately catches onto the importance of a year passing. “If we send them back a year later, it'll work out perfectly for our purposes. They'll be the right age for the time… and the pictures and news stories will have faded from the general public's mind by that point. It's also about the right time to have them strike and prevent Giovanni's assassination.”
 
“Ah, yes… and Team Rocket will have forgotten about them by that point… Jesse and James would probably be the only ones that would even remember them at that point, due to their frequent contact.” Drake says with a smile. “Those two tried to steal my Dragonite twice… when Ash was fighting me for the Orange Island Winner's Cup. They seemed pretty dim-witted, at least at the time. I can still picture them flying off into the sky…”
 
Gary cannot help but laugh at that. “I've had run-ins with those two… and their schemes always failed…”
 
 
Several other members bring up similar incidents, leading to a diversion from the subject at hand. No one says anything, however… the tension level in the room had been getting quite high and this off track discussion lowers it quite a bit. About five minutes later, Dawn has another bold idea…
 
 
“I have an idea… why don't we get them to help out our group? They've shown signs of doing the right thing on occasion… and they are part of the assassination group…”
 
Delia is the first to comment on that. “My son and the others were very angry at them for what they did… he's a gentle soul but he's been really hurt by those bombings. I'm not sure how'd they'd react in their presence…”
 
Samuel places a hand on his wife's shoulder. “Now, now… Ash is a good kid. I do think Dawn's idea has merit… if we can start turning Team Rocket members to our side, it reduces what they have to work with, making it easier to save Giovanni. It's a radical idea…. but we need all the help we can get.”
 
“Hmm… perhaps we can do that…” Lance says while imaging the scenario in his mind. “Just seeing those four will probably scare the hell out them for starters…”
 
“Like, they'll think they're totally seeing ghosts…” Lily adds while trying not to laugh.
 
Koga has another idea to tie into this possibility. “I think we need to send them back with as much as information as we can get about Team Rocket at that time… blueprints, names, places… and also knowledge of what'll happen. That should be an essential item carried by all four… some kind of datapad. A little future technology couldn't hurt, either…”
 
 
One other point comes to Samuel's mind after hearing that. “According to my research and what we've obtaining from Team Rocket so far, there's many different electrical fields at work during the time travel process. I'm already working on a lightweight, yet durable backpack for them that can withstand those forces and reach the past unscathed. It should be ready for basic trials within a month or so…”
 
“I'll get them all the military information I can get…” Dawn says with a hearty nod. “If we're lucky, then they can visit me for some intense last minute training…”
 
“Agreed.” Is heard from Samuel and then from the other leaders of the Resistance. Lance hits a button and an artificial “door bell” sound is heard. “We'll meet back here in one week. Good luck to everyone…”
 
 
Noticing the time, the others realize that it's time to sign off, in order to reduce the prospect of discovery by Team Rocket. The last ones left are Samuel and Delia Oak, who continue talking about what they just heard amongst themselves…
 
 
“How do you those four will handle the news… about being there another nine months or so, assuming our plans work out.” Is the question Samuel asks his wife.
 
“I got a report from Erica and Sabrina yesterday. It seems that they're adapting to their new environment quite well. The head General has already tested out Duplica and Brock- both beat him in their challenge matches…” Delia says with a slight grin. “Just wait until he faces my son and Misty… he'll be zero and four…”
 
“I've heard a number of things about that guy… and most of them say that he's a tough Pokemon trainer with very aggressive Pokemon. On the flip side of that, though, he seems to admire those who can beat him. I'm sure the kids will be just fine…”
 
Delia takes another look at the note before bringing up the second part of the report from Verde Island. “There's also some other information… it seems like their bonding with each other quite well. Ash and Misty went down to the beach together and went swimming… and Brock and Duplica scouted out an escape route while at the same time visiting an outdoor hot spring area.”
 
“That sounds fine to me…” Samuel chuckles. “Those two always play matchmaker… and I'm sure one if not both `getaways' were suggested by them. I can say for sure that the second one was their idea…”
 
“I agree… I just hope these breaks and diversions can keep them from overloading… that course is quite intense over there…” Delia says; being a little worried for her son and his other three companions.
 
“I'm sure they'll be fine, dear…” Samuel says while massaging her shoulders. “We'll send them a message once a week and keep them informed… and they can let us know how their training is going.”
 
“Sounds like a plan…”
 
 
 
Later that day, a secret message arrives at the Verde Island base. Erica and Sabrina carefully transcribe the message onto a piece of special paper and head over to the new recruits' cabin. A loud knock on the door bring Ash to the peephole…
 
“Who's there?”
 
“It's Erica and Sabrina…” Erica says cheerfully. “We've got some news for you guys…”
 
 
The door opens and Ash lets the two women in. Sabrina walks over to the table and sits down, making herself comfortable.
 
“So what's the news?” A curious Ash asks.
 
“Let's get Misty, Brock, and Duplica down here first… it's news for everyone…” Sabrina says while taking a piece of paper out of her pocket.
 
 
Ash is about to call out for Misty when the young woman comes out the bathroom, rubbing her hair with a towel.
 
“Good timing, Mist… Sabrina and Erica have some news for us…”
 
“Really?” Misty sits down at the table and looks at the two former gym leaders. “What do you have for us?”
 
“Just one second guys…” Erica heads upstairs and gets Brock and Duplica, and returns shortly with the two following right behind her. The three sit down and Sabrina passes the note around… the four teens read it silently to themselves when it's their turn.
 
 
“Well… what does you guys think?” Erica says, breaking the silence.
 
“Hmm… nine months or more, huh?” Brock says while thinking about that possibility. “I could handle that… this camp certainly is a challenge. I had to win yesterday with my Crobat alone…”
 
Duplica glances at Brock and then nods her head in agreement. “As long as I have my friends' here… I'll be fine.”
 
“I'm glad you two are good with it…” Sabrina says with a smirk. “I take it you enjoyed our little getaway idea…”
 
Brock and Duplica both blush… and Erica giggles. “I'll take that as a yes…”
 
 
“So… they need the time to get us trained… and to develop a way for us to get back home, right?” A curious Misty asks, remembering some of the other points of the note.
 
“Yes… it's not going to be quick or easy…” the former Saffron gym leader says while taking the note back. “If we have a chance to, we'd also like you to train with Dawn after your course here is done. She's very good… you could call her our soldier
girl.”
 
“She sounds tough…” Ash notes. “But if it'll get us ready, then why not? I'm always up for a challenge…”
 
Misty elbows Ash. “Looks like that Pokemon spark in you just happened again…” the redhead looks up at Sabrina. “Even if he loses, he'll never give up until he wins… that's my Ash…”
 
“I see…” Erica grins. “We had been following your progress through Johto until those bombings happened. Ash is one of a kind…”
 
“Thanks. It's nice to hear from my mom and Professor Oak…” Ash says happily. “At least you guys are getting closer to getting us back… that's good news.”
 
“Yeah… we'll be okay…” Brock adds a moment later.
 
 
A “beep” is heard a moment later from the communicator on Erica's belt. She takes the unit and places it against her ear…
 
“I see… we'll be right there.” Turning to the other four at the table, she makes an announcement. “Sabrina and I have to get back… we'll be back in the morning.”
 
Misty nods her head. “Okay… good night!”
 
 
The two Team Rocket leaders stand up and leave. When they get outside, both exchange glances…
 
“I guess they're taking it well… but we'll have to keep an eye on them. I don't want them to get discouraged…” Erica says with a soft sigh.
 
“Yeah… I think we need to keep the encouraged and try to come up with new things for them to do together as friends… our job is never easy, is it?” Sabrina says with a grin.
 
“Nope…” is the somber reply back as they proceed through the camp.
 
 
 
Back inside the cabin, the four teens discuss the situation and talk about the information that they just heard from Erica and Sabrina.
 
“Another nine months…” Misty says with a soft sigh. “That'll mean we spend Christmas and New Years here… and then I'll be 17 and Ash 15 before we leave…”
 
“Don't forget if we go to that extra training, we may be here for my birthday and Duplica's, too…” Brock points out.
 
Letting his true feelings be heard, Ash also sighs and leans back on his chair. “Yeah, that's a long time… I wanna go home…”
 
“Me too… as fun as this is sometimes… it's still not home. This future is depressing… but I guess we've got to make the best of it. We can't go back until they figure out how so…” Duplica taps her fingers on the table. “I'm going to try to keep positive…”
 
“Yeah… Duplica's right.” A small grin forms on Misty's face and then she elbow's Ash. “We could use this time to work on romance… and making stronger bonds with each other.”
 
“Misty…” Ash blushes. “More time together… can't go wrong there…” he says with a nervous chuckle.
 
“Now that's thinking like a man…” Brock says, giving Ash a nod. Misty and Duplica giggle, making Ash feel like he's really on the spot.
 
“Umm… yeah…” Ash says before looking at the clock on a nearby wall. “Umm… I'm gonna go to bed… it's ummm… getting late.”
 
“Okay… we'll leave you alone…” Brock says while taking Duplica's hand. “Good night…”
 
“'Night Brock…” Misty says while watching the two head upstairs and close the door. She walks behind Ash and starts massaging his shoulders…
 
 
“Hey, we were just kidding…”
 
“I know… but this is still new for me, Mist… and it feels a little different since we can't, you know, wear our rings…” Ash says while glancing at his backpack.
 
“You're all mine, Ash… I don't need to see the ring on your finger to know that.” Misty whispers in his ear.
 
“I know… but it's still a little awkward. I ummm… liked wearing the ring…” He says while nervously glancing at Misty.
 
“Ash…” Misty stops her massage and heads over to the computer. “Come over here… there's something new that Erica told me about that I want check out with you.”
 
A curious Ash gets up and stands behind his girlfriend. “Hmm… a song search for romance songs… you want to dance with me?”
 
“Sure… let's pick out a song and then change… I think it'll be fun to dance in our pajamas.” Misty says with a grin.
 
“Why not?” Ash says, liking the idea.
 
 
While the younger pair of teens work on picking out a song, the older pair get ready for bed. Brock changes first and thinks about what keywords to enter in to try and find something romantic…
 
`Hmm… what does she mean to me? Duplica, Duplica, Duplica… I think it was my destiny to run into her again. My destiny… let's try that…'
 
Brock is busy typing in commands into the computer when Duplica emerges from the bathroom in her black nightgown. She peers over his shoulder and glances at the screen.
 
“Find a song?”
 
“Hmm… I think so…” He turns around and notices her nightgown. “I think this is the first time you've worn the black one… you always wear the pink one…”
 
“I'm trying out new stuff today…” She says with a slight blush but doesn't elaborate to Brock what she means. `I was wearing some of my new bras… they felt really nice… I wonder if Brock noticed my good mood today?'
 
“Here we go. You know, I think it was destiny that we met again… so I say we try this song…” Brock says while pointing at the selected song on the screen.
 
“Yeah… that looks good. I've wanted to dance with you for a while… and with us both in pajamas, I feel really comfortable…” Duplica says while gently rubbing Brock's shoulder.
 
“Okay… let's give it a shot then…” is the reply back by Brock, who clicks “play” on the computer. He stands up and both getting positions for a “slow dance” as the music starts to play…
 
 
A/N: I recommend finding this song and the next one if you don't have them, so you can see how romantic they are. This song is copyright Motown Records, 1992 and is written/performed by Lionel Richie. Song is titled “My Destiny.”
 
 
You came in…that's what my little heart was looking for… laughter in the rain…feel like a fool in love again…
 
Oh the laughter came when the tears stopped falling… now all I do is call your name… (And I say lover)
 
You walked in and my heart discovered that my life would never be the same…
 
You are my destiny… you are my one and only… you gave that joy to me… when my whole life was lonely…
 
Angel in disguise… with your power of love, you just hypnotize…I just love the magic of your spell… how much joy we'll have together, only time will tell…
 
Oh the laughter came when the tears stopped falling… now all I do is call your name… (I just cal your name)
 
You walked in and my heart discovered that my life would never be the same…
 
I know… you are my destiny… you are my one and only… you gave that joy to me… when my whole life was lonely…
 
As the music continues and there's a short musical interlude, Duplica pulls herself even closer. Brock can feel her head resting on his chest as they continue to dance in place… he knows the song is one that he'll have to remember for another time. `She loves it!'
 
Everyday every night… oh I know it's so right when I see your face…
 
Only time's going to tell, when I know you so well…girl my love's for real!
 
From the first time that I saw you I knew… (It was forever)
 
This mighty love between us will… (Keep us together)
 
Little girl, God's gift from heaven… I'm so glad I found you… forever… (Forever)… forever… (Forever)… forever… (Forever)… I'm so glad to be around you…
 
You are my destiny… you are my one and only… you gave that joy to me… when my whole world was lonely…
 
It's all right… (It's all right), do it again…it's all right…(It's all right, don't let this love end)… it's all right (Do it again)… it's all right… (Don't let this love end)
 
From the first time that I saw you I knew… (It was forever)
 
This mighty love between us will… (Keep us together)
 
Little girl, God's gift from heaven… I'm so glad I found you… forever… (Forever)… forever… (Forever)… forever… (Forever)… I'm so glad to be around you…ooh!
 
You are my destiny… you are my one and only… you gave that joy to me… when my whole world was lonely…
 
You are my destiny… you are my one and only… you gave that joy to me… when my whole world was lonely…
 
It's all right… (It's all right), do it again…it's all right…(It's all right, don't let this love end)… it's all right (Do it again)… it's all right… (Don't let this love end)
 
The song comes to a close and a red-faced Brock looks down at his girlfriend. “Sooo… I take it you liked that? I think it umm… pretty well summarizes how I feel about you…”
 
 
Duplica is silent but pulls back from Brock. He can see that her face is still red as she gently pulls him back towards the bed.
 
“Duplica…” he says, wondering what's going on.
 
“I… loved the song. It was very romantic…” Duplica says while sitting down on the edge of the bed. “I feel the same way about you, too…”
 
Brock's eyebrows go up and he sits down next to her. Both don't know what to do next… but Duplica decides to act on her feelings for her boyfriend. She moves in for a kiss… and wraps her arms around Brock… who feels himself melting inside due to the passion of her kiss. `She's been so energetic and confident today… I like it when she's like this…'
 
Brock wraps his arms around her and pulls her closer… the young woman in his arms reacts by deepening the kiss and pressing her upper body against his… causing him to slowly fall back onto the bed…
 
“Duplica…” Brock says after getting a needed breath of air. “I never seen you kiss like that before…”
 
“I'm… in a good mood… and I want to show you how I feel. This is how we're going to survive being here… spending time together like this…” she says before resting on top of Brock, her face now sporting a grin. “I think I'm breaking out of my shell…”
 
“You can say that again…” Brock says while gently caressing her hair. “Don't stop… this is fun…”
 
“Okay…”
 
Following Brock's advice, the Ditto master presses her lips against his once again. Brock's hands move down onto the soft silky fabric of her nightgown and gently caress her back. The kissing gets more passionate… and Brock's hands move lower, stopping on her behind…
 
“You like my body a lot… don't you?” is the teasing response from Duplica as she pulls away from his lips.
 
“You're great… very attractive…” A grinning Brock says as he gently grabs her behind. “Smart and sexy…”
 
That response provokes another kiss from Duplica… who really appreciates the compliment. After about a minute, she gently pulls away and rolls off of Brock onto the bed…
 
“I don't want to get carried away… but that was pretty good for our first ummm…” A soft sigh escapes the young woman's lips. “I can't even say it…”
 
Brock turns his head and looks at his girlfriend. “Don't worry… I know what you mean. I think you're right… we have each other and our friends… so we'll be fine…”
 
Reaching for the blanket, Brock pulls it over both of them and lies back down on the bed, his right hand takes Duplica's left hand and holds it. “Good night…”
 
“Good night Brock. I'm glad you liked my nightgown… I wasn't sure if black was a good color for me…” She says, remembering the way his fingers caressed her back and behind earlier.
 
“It suits you just fine…” A yawning Brock says before giving her hand a gentle squeeze.
 
“Thanks…” Duplica says before closing her eyes. She hears Brock fall asleep and takes some time to think about what just happened.
 
`I guess this is how I really feel about him… I've never felt like this about anyone before… that's probably why I was so shy with him before. He's a good guy…'
 
With that thought in mind, Duplica falls asleep…
 
 
Downstairs, Ash and Misty are enjoying themselves by dancing to random songs that Ash picked from the computer. Both teens are getting tired, however, and Misty makes a request of Ash.
 
“Just one more Ash… pick something slower… I'm tired…”
 
“Okay… last dance of the night.” Ash types in the words “Last dance” and looks at the results. “Hmm… okay. I hope this will work…”
 
Curious about his pick on the song, Misty cannot help but ask what the title is. She grins when she hears his response back- “Last Dance.”
 
“Good choice… you always know that I'll save the last dance for you, Ash…”
 
“Thanks…” Ash blushes. “Are you ready?”
“Yeah…” Misty says while stretching out her arms in front of her. Ash clicks on the “Play” button and the song begins about five seconds later, just barely giving the young man time to get into place in front of Misty…
 
“Put your hands on my hips…” She says to the nervous young man, who it appears has not done this before. Ash quickly obeys just as the lyrics start playing…
 
A/N: This song, “Last Dance” is by performed Donna Summer, written by Paul Jabara - copyright 1978, Casablanca Records. (From the “Thank God It's Friday” Soundtrack) Note that this is the long version/5 minute version of this song.
 
 
Last dance
Last chance for love
Yes, it's my last chance
For romance tonight
I need you… by me
Beside me, to guide me
To hold me, to scold me
'Cause when I'm bad
I'm so, so bad
 
Upon hearing that, Ash grins, earning a gentle pinch from Misty. She mutters the words “Bad boy” under her breath as the song continues…

So let's dance the last dance
Let's dance the last dance
Let's dance this last dance tonight

Last dance
Last dance for love
Yes, it's my last chance
For romance tonight
Oh-ho, I need you by me
Beside me, to guide me
To hold me, to scold me
'Cause when I'm bad
I'm so, so bad
So let's dance the last dance
Let's dance the last dance
Let's dance the last dance tonight
 
The musical interlude begins… and Ash pulls Misty closer, liking the song and the way he feels while dancing with her, which he had only done a few times before. Misty finds Ash's moves quite romantic…
 
Yeah… (ooh.. ooh… ooh… well)… please (ooh) be my Mister Right… and you… my appetite…
 
I can be sure that you're the one for me…
 
All that I ask… is that you dance with me, dance with me, dance with me… yea… yeah…
I need you by me, beside me
To guide me, to hold me, to scold me
'Cause when I'm bad
I'm so, so bad
So let's dance the last dance
Let's dance the last dance
Let's dance the last dance
Let's dance the last dance to… night…
 
Oh-ho, I need you by me
To guide me, to guide me
To hold me, to scold me
'Cause when I'm bad
I'm so so sooo bad
 
C'mon baby dance that dance… (Hah)
C'mon baby dance that dance…
C'mon baby… last dance to… night yeah…
 
The song ends and Ash slowly lets go of Misty. “Not a bad pick at all, Ash… except for that part about the girl being bad…”
 
“Oh… but umm…” Ash stops himself from saying anything more. Misty catches on that he was going to say more and presses the issue.
 
“Are you saying that I'm bad, Mister Ketchum?” Misty says in a half-serious/half-playful tone.
 
“Umm… well you umm… teased me with that bikini of yours…” Ash admits, though inside he knows that he liked the way she looked.
 
“A girlfriend is allowed to tease her boyfriend…” Misty says while gently poking Ash with her finger. “You can tease me, too…”
 
“Okay…”
 
The two exchange glances and both yawn, almost simultaneously. “I guess it's time for bed…” A nervous Ash says before turning off the computer.
 
“That was fun Ash… we should do this again tomorrow night…” The redhead says before crawling under the covers.
 
“Sounds good…” Ash gets under the blanket and Misty snuggles up to him. “'Night Ash… and thanks…”
 
“No problem, Mist… good night…”
 
 
The younger couple goes to bed and dreams about the future, their future with each other and the hopes they have for returning to the past, even if it's nine months or more for now…
 

To be continued in Chapter 20: Resistance
 
 
I hope you, the reader, liked this chapter. Be sure and check out the two songs I mentioned above. Feedback is much appreciated. Thanks!

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
A/N: I'm not sure it's cannon or not, but I've decided to use the last name “Waterflower” for Misty and her three sisters' last names. Also, in Part A during the battle with the General and Duplica, the General uses one of Darth Vader's lines from the “Empire Strikes Back”
 
I've also had several characters from the original series appear in this story for the first time in this chapter. Dawn, Gary Oak, Lance, Koga, Drake… the three Cerulean sisters Daisy, Lily, and Violet- all show up in Part B. I've personally not seen any episodes with Dawn… I'm guessing she'll be in the next movie so I'll learn some more about her through that. Any comments/feedback about how I'm writing her, May, and Max are appreciated. Due to the fact that I don't really watch much TV, I know little about these three and their personalities in the show. Also, keep in mind that this is the future and what they've been through.