Pokemon Fan Fiction ❯ Team Rocket Strikes Back! An AAML Story ❯ Chapter 20: Resistance ( Chapter 23 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 20: Resistance
 
Part A was not preread until 3/24, it was written during a seven hour layover at the airport in Atlanta, Georgia on 3/17/08. I've just uploaded the proofed version of this, just a few minor punctuation errors and typos, that's all. Enjoy this diversion into some of the other characters in this “new future” that I've created. Thanks to Daniel/ Excel92 on DA for the preread.
 
 
Part A
 
The next day, the General decides to face Brock next, a message is delivered by Erica in the morning. Seeing a perfect opportunity to act and tap into the computers there on Verde Island, the Resistance prepares to make a move during the fight.
 
Gary Oak also has another plan that he wants to implement and petitions the council to allow him to act. He contacts his grandfather Samuel Oak about an hour later to get the results…
 
“They'll be sending in a special scientist…” Samuel starts out with the good news. “He's pretty much the same size as you… so I think he can be… replaced…”
 
“I knew my intelligence was right on the money… I'll just need to dye my hair and change my clothing style and do a few other minor changes. Is there a place where we can… acquire this target for a quick switch?”
 
“Hmm… I think so. It'll be a little challenging but I think you can manage it. Once we make the switch, I'll be interrogating our captive. Hopefully I can get some more information on their exact plans for this new weapon and figure out a way to get the four back to the past…” Samuel says and then sighs. “We have to stop them from developing this technology… and learning that Ash and the others are here…”
 
Gary nods his head and then looks back at his communicator. “Yeah, that's what I thought. I can sabotage the readings, since this scientist they're sending is dealing with the detailed analysis of the land from the past. Keeping those four off of the map will be easy… but changing the results and planting bad information into their computers and not getting caught, that's another story…”
 
“Do your best. Even a delay of a day or two due to a `glitch' will buy us that much more time. This is a long term process, developing a time machine. We need just as much time they do to develop our machine… so every little bit counts.”
 
“You got it, grandpa. Send me the coordinates and I'll be waiting…”
 
 
With that, Gary closes his communicator. A few moments later, he hears a `beep' and knows that the information he needs has just been received. A sequence of numbers flashes on the display on top of the communicator, indicated the place of ambush.
 
`Better get moving… I have a long way to go. It's been a while since I've been to Viridian City…'
 
 
Without delay, Gary makes his way out to Viridian City, being careful not to be noticed among the masses of Team Rocket troops. `Why they'd have to pick a city with such a heavy concentration of troops…' is the thought passing through the young man as he makes his way down the road. `At least I happened to be nearby…'
 
 
While his grandson makes his way to Viridian City, Samuel contacts the person that will be meeting him there and confirms the arrival of the molecular scientist in Viridian City…
 
“He'll be stopping off at the Pokemon Center in about two hours… that's our best chance. The Nurse Joy there has been informed… she's on our side so there'll be no problem in having a temporary blackout and lockout at the right moment…” A series of beeps announces the arrival of that information in a text message form. The agent continues…
 
“I've sent you a copy of the information, in case something happens to me. Gary can still make the switch with this, though it'd be a little harder without my assistance.”
 
“Your help is appreciated… I know it was last minute…” Samuel says apologetically.
 
“It's no problem, we have to strike while the iron is hot so to speak…” is the reply back from the agent, not having a problem at all with the sudden request. “Anything to help the cause, especially if our goals can be achieved…”
 
“Indeed. Good luck.”
 
“Thank you… Agent V.”
 
“My pleasure…”
 
 
The communication channel turns off and Samuel reaches for a nearby cup of coffee. `Good luck to you both, we need some real recon on this area and to keep the teens off the radar. If Team Rocket learns of their existence, their lives would definitely be in jeopardy…'
 
“Is everything set up?” a voice calls out from behind Samuel, causing him to smile.
 
“Delia…” Turning the chair around, Prof. Oak looks at his wife. “Yes, it won't be long now…”
 
Delia moves behind his chair and begins massaging her husband's shoulders, causing him to relax and close his eyes. “You're nervous, dear… I can feel it in your muscles…”
 
“Gary's going to be replacing the molecular biologist that we're `borrowing' from Viridian City. I hope he can keep the ruse up long enough to get us some vital information… and plant a little misinformation of our own…”
 
“He'll be fine… he's a great Pokemon trainer and he has done some spy missions for us before, so I have faith in your grandson…” Delia says, trying to be encouraging.
 
The words seem to sink in and Samuel lets his mind drift away from that topic. Delia can feel his shoulders relax under fingers but continues her massage for several more minutes. When she finishes, she finds that her husband has fallen asleep…
 
`He must've been exhausted… I'll keep an eye on the comm. line and run things while he rests. I hope everything will work…'
 
 
A few hours later, in the Viridian City Pokemon Center, a young scientist checks in at the counter with Nurse Joy.
 
“I have a reservation under Doctor Fine…”
 
“One moment, please.”
 
Nurse Joy starts searching for the reservation in the computer while her left foot slowly and imperceptibly moves to the right. A moment later, a silent alarm is triggered, alerting Gary and his assistant that their quarry is here…
 
“Ah, yes, here we go. Room 717… just go straight down the hallway to the elevator banks and go to the seventh floor. Make a right when you exit the elevator and your room will be on the left side of the hallway…”
 
“Excellent… it's been a long day…” The young man says with a sigh of relief.
 
`It'll be over soon enough…' is the thought passing through Nurse Joy's mind as she makes up her guests' electronic key. “Here you go, sir. Enjoy your stay…”
 
Doctor Fine takes the key and makes his way towards the elevator bank. As soon as he enters the elevator car, Nurse Joy once again taps her foot again the alarm, this time three times in rapid succession. `Here he comes… I hope they're ready…'
 
 
To aid in the “acquisition” of the target, Nurse Joy begins running a maintenance test on the camera and security system. “Looks like there's some errors showing up… better take floor seven offline until it's fixed…” she says softly to herself while disabling the aforementioned circuits. `It's all in their hands now…'
 
 
Upstairs, in room 717, the two Resistance fighters await their target. The lights are off, curtains are drawn and no light sources in the room are on, ensuring total darkness. A slight green glow from the night vision goggles is the only sign that anyone is in there…
 
“I hear him coming, turn off your goggles until he enters the room fully. I'll close the door and you pin him…” Agent V says softly. Gary nods his head and then turns off his goggles.
 
Anxious moments pass by as the pair wait for the Doctor to enter the room. Several beeping sounds are heard as the keycard is inserted into the slot. Once verification is complete, the door swings open and Doctor Fine steps inside…
 
“Great… they left the room with no lights on. Where's the light switch?”
 
 
Dropping his suitcase, the doctor begins running his hand along the wall in an attempt to find the light switch. After several seconds, he finds the switch and tries to engage it…
 
“What the hell?”
 
“NOW!”
 
A scuffle ensues as Gary Oak springs out of his hiding place and knocks the scientist to the floor. Agent V quickly closes and locks the door, the green glow of his night vision goggles soon casts an eerie glow into the room.
 
“Who are you people? And what do you want from me?”
 
“You'll soon find out…” Gary says while motioning his partner to move in. “We need your expertise…”
 
“What for…?” are the last words the scientist speaks as Agent V injects a chemical into the Doctor, rendering him unconscious. His slack body slumps onto the floor…
 
“Good work, Gary. We got him!”
 
“Yeah… time to signal that to NJ…” Gary taps his communicator twice and a moment later the lights come back on. “Just like clockwork…”
 
“Yeah.” Looking down at their captive, Agent V cannot help but notice something. “You look just like him, except for the hair style and the glasses. We really did luck out here…”
 
“Hair and glasses are no problem to imitate… and I've done a little studying on the way this guy talks, so I'll sound pretty natural when I'm at the site…”
 
“You've done your homework, that's excellent. I'd hate to see you get captured by those Team Rocket bastards… and your wife would be worried sick.”
 
“I know… but we all know the risks involved with this organization. We can't afford to lose this chance to change history… ol' Ash seems to be a magnet for world changing events…”
 
“Indeed… from what I've read on the young man, he's certainly did a lot back then. He was your rival if I recall right…”
 
“Yeah, that's right. Who knows what would've happened if he didn't disappear like he did… and this crazy new world didn't take place. I've always wondered about that…”
 
“Well, here's our chance to find out. Take his clothes and see if we need to make any last second alterations. I want the new Doctor Fine to leave here in five minutes… so we have time to get the old Doc' here downstairs without raising any suspicion.”
 
“Let's get started…”
 
 
Gary Oak quickly switches clothes with Doctor Fine and helps his partner get the unconscious doctor to his feet. The two support the man as if he was a drunk, in case someone should happen to see them in the hallway. A couple minutes later, the pair arrive at the service elevator and head down to the basement…
 
“I'll take it from here… you go back to the lobby and explain to Nurse Joy that you had a sudden `emergency' summons, so she knows to restore everything to normal. Proceed to Waypoint Alpha and wait for further instructions…”
 
“Will do. Good luck to you…”
 
“Same to you…”
 
 
The new Doctor Fine aka Gary Oak heads back upstairs and does as instructed, relaying the code message to Nurse Joy. Happy that her fellow comrades were successful, she nods her head and restores everything back to normal.
 
“Good luck with your summons…” is her parting comment as Gary heads for the entrance door.
 
“Thanks…”
 
 
Walking outside into the cool air of the night, Gary taps in a secret code into his communicator, signaling success. He pulls out his new ID and looks at it for a moment. `I'll pass for this guy no problem… I better get over to the site right away, do some night recon and see what the situation is before formally `arriving' in the morning…”
 
 
End Part A.
 
Begin Part B.
 
 
Triumphant in his “capture” of Doctor Fine, Gary continues on his way to the sight of the temporal disturbance (Where the land from the past came into the present) Another plan is put into motion as soon as the verification reaches all of the leaders of the resistance…
 
 
In another base, near the experiment site, several women immediately head into action. They scurry about the underground base in an almost hurried frenzy…
 
“We've got to hurry up! The new Doctor Fine will be by here soon and we need to have our replacement Doctor Clark ready to join him…” the blonde haired woman says in a near panic.
 
“Relax, June…” her brunette companion says in return. “I've already told Dawn that she's going to get the job… she's almost a perfect match for the Team Rocket scientist we caught last week. I guess that infiltration idea is the way to go…”
 
“At least when it comes to this new discovery… we have to buy time to form a strategy… and to make sure that those four go back.”
 
“Don't forget about stopping Team Rocket from going back themselves…” the leader of the operation says as she steps into the computer room. “We have to make sure they don't send anyone back to stop the four teens.”
 
“I bet you were waiting for an undercover mission like this…” the brunette Rebecca says while nudging Dawn. “Especially since YOU get to be the plant in this…”
 
“Of course…” Dawn says with a grin. “This woman was quite the flirt… so it gets to be even more fun…”
 
June sees an opportunity to tease Dawn as well. “Don't go crazy, you're still married in real life after all…”
 
“Oh, I know… there'll be no funny business. That happens to be another trait of this woman, too…” is the reply back to statement.
 
“The clothes will be delivered shortly… and lucky you, you don't have to wear the standard female Team Rocket uniform with their shirt skirts… and tight tops…” a winking Rebecca says, reminding her friends of the all too familiar trend in the uniforms since the take over.
 
“I get to wear standard clothes… well, standard flirty clothes…” Dawn is about to say more when she hears a beep on her communicator. She quickly presses the reply button and answers…
 
“Yes?”
 
“Oh, hello Dawn…” the voice answers back. “I was just calling to see if everything is going okay there… your group is on the front line, so to speak.”
 
“No need to worry, Professor. We've got it under control…”
 
“Good, I'm glad to hear it. We're counting on you and Gary to get the job done…”
 
A grin forms on Dawn's face. “I'm sure we'll manage… and I may just put some of this doctor's `moves' to good use…”
 
 
Laughter is heard on the other end of the line for several seconds… and then Samuel Oak carefully words a reply to that.
 
“Just don't get too carried away, all right? I'll talk with you tomorrow at the appropriate time…”
 
“Sounds good… take care…”
 
“Good luck to you, Dawn…”
 
 
The communication channel closes and Dawn takes a deep sigh. “Looks like it's time to go to work. Are you ready, ladies?”
 
“Yes ma'am!” is the reply from both June and Rebecca.
 
 
The three women head into another room where the replacement Doctor Kelly Clark's clothes are sitting on a nearby bench.
 
June does a quick look at the clothes and mentally checks off each piece of clothing. `Looks like everything's there… time to rock and roll…'
 
“You're all set, Dawn… call us when you're done…”
 
“Okay… but I don't know what the big deal is…” Dawn says while shrugging her shoulders.
 
The young woman cannot help but suspect something, though, as her two companions leave the room… `Rebecca seemed to be grinning at something, I wonder what it was?'
 
 
After gazing in the mirror to capture one last look at her old self, the resistance leader takes off her wedding ring and places it on the bench. `Time for a change… it could be fun. My husband never got to see me in clothes like this…'
 
Those thoughts continue to be on Dawn's mind as she begins undressing and adjusting her hairstyle to match the woman that she's supposed to be imitating. She slips on the bottom parts of the outfit and admires the look and feel…
 
`Not bad so far… let's see how this low cut blouse and bra fit…'
 
 
Dawn runs into her first problem a short time later…
 
“What's with this bra?” she exclaims aloud.
 
A moment later the door opens. “Is something wrong?” June says while walking in.
 
“Yeah… this bra is… weird…” the woman says, trying to describe the way it feels.
 
“What do you mean?” Rebecca says, feigning ignorance.
 
“You look good Dawn… I had no idea you were that big…” the blonde says while winking and glancing at her friends' chest.
 
“What are you talking about?” is the reply back from the still confused Dawn.
 
“You've never worn one like that before, have you?” the brunette says with a sigh.
 
“I guess not… what's the deal with this? I look… oh…”
 

After taking another look at herself in the mirror, the base leader finally realizes what's going on… and puts two and two together in her mind. `Damn, this bra makes me look… busty… wow…'
 
“Now she's gets it…” June says with a nod. “We didn't mean to surprise you like this but hey… nothing wrong with showing off your curves once in a while…”
 
“Why the hell is everyone worried about my rack?” an exasperated Dawn exclaims aloud. “You two are a bunch of perverts, you should worry about your own chests…”
 
“Well, maybe… but your Team Rocket counterpart is a little busty, so we had to give you that padded push up bra, to keep your appearance as close to hers as possible.” June bows her head apologetically. “Sorry about that… Rebecca and I were hoping tease you a little… we've never really seen you in anything too feminine, you know…”
 
“Oh…” Dawn reaches for the blouse and starts buttoning it up. “Well you will now…”
 
Encouraged by her leaders response, Rebecca grins. “Go get `em, tiger!”
 
“There's nothin' wrong with having some fun with your assignment…” the other assistant chimes in.
 
Doing a pose in front of the mirror, Dawn makes a peace sign. “Lookout world, here comes Dawn… err, Kelly…”
 
“Kelly, it's all up to you!” both woman exclaim, trying to encourage their departing comrade further.
 
“Let's get my briefcase and computer ready… and my ID and travel pass. I think it'd be better if I got to the area before Doctor Fine…”
 
“Yes, ma'am!” is the enthusiastic response back as the two assistants leave the room and scramble to get the necessary items together. Dawn takes her wedding ring and places it in a locker, then closes the door and locks it. `I'll see you later…'
 
 
To pass the time, Dawn begins reviewing her assignment and refreshing her memory about the technical terms and ideas that the woman she's replacing used. `She's quite knowledgeable… but she keeps thing simple for the most part. Works for me…'
 
 
Ten minutes later, Rebecca enters the room with a messenger bag and a duffel bag.
 
“Your clothes are in the duffel bag… not too much, so you'll have to have them washed after about five days, unless you get a hold of a Team Rocket uniform. Your computer is in the messenger bag, password has already been set to what we talked about earlier.”
 
Happily, Dawn takes both bags. “Thank you…”
 
“You're welcome. Good luck, June and I will be waiting for your reports…”
 
“You two be safe… your boyfriends would kill me if something happened to either of you.”
 
 
After a warm nod, Rebecca watches as the leader of the military arm of the resistance leaves and soon disappears into the distance. `She's a lot tougher then she looks… I feel sorry for anyone that tries to mess with her…'
 
 
The early morning twilight through the forest path sheds little light to aid Dawn as she heads to the main road. Upon reaching the main road, she makes a right and soon runs into a checkpoint on the outer perimeter of what was once a large forest… which has only regrown back to a shadow of its former glory in 25 years.
 
“Halt right there…” the main guard calls out.
 
Doing as she's told, Dawn tries not to be nervous. Another guard walks up to her and gives her a “look-over” before asking her to show her ID.
 
`Pervert… but it could be time to start acting like the real Doctor Clark…'
 
Bending over slightly, the flirty doctor gives the guard a view of her cleavage for a moment before passing her ID. A bright red blush forms on the speechless guard and he's slow to take the ID. “Here's my ID… I'm Doctor Kelly Clark of the Temporal Research Division. I was told to come to the site right away…”
 
“Umm… yes. We've been expecting you… your expertise is needed. It seems like our leader's grand experiment from 25 years ago worked! Nothing can stop us if we can harness that power and use it against our enemies…”
 
“Of course. That's why I came right away… I wanted to make sure that investigation starts right away… we don't have any time to lose, right?” Dawn motions at the head guard and then at several of the others. “Who knows when Team Aqua/Magma will attack again? We need to be prepared…”
 
“That's true… they've been stepping up their attacks lately. We need to crush them once and for all…” is the reply back from the main guard, who then motions at the gate keepers. The gate slowly opens and Dawn takes her ID back.
 
“Good luck on your research…” the guard says before turning away, not wanting to get in trouble for staring at the Doctor too much.
 
 
As Dawn continues on, she cannot help but think about what just happened. `I had no idea… that I had such appeal. Heh, these guards must not get to see beautiful women very often… which definitely works to my advantage…'
 
 
The base camp at the site of the “land from the past” is buzzing with activity as the sun rises in the distance. One Doctor in particular is doing his best to get an idea of what's going on…
 
Discreetly, Gary/Doctor Fine is talking a walk around the perimeter of the transplanted land, taking notes as he goes along and planning some slight “alterations” to the data for later… so even if the discrepancy is discovered, it'll look like someone else made the false entries and not him. The initial survey takes several hours and causes him to miss lunch. When he heads back to the base and gets something to eat, he sits down next to another scientist who must've gotten caught up in their work as well…
 
 
“I hope I'm not bothering you…” Gary says as he sits down, being sure to keep the politeness factor high, to be as “in character” as possible.
 
The woman scientist recognizes the voice and turns her head.
 
“It's no problem… handsome…”
 
Caught off guard momentarily, Gary blushes and turns to eating his food. `They sent her on this mission, too… but two is better then one…'
 
Out of the corner of her eye, Dawn or Doctor Clark as she is now known, cannot help but think about her fellow agent as well. `He's here! They were right … and we might even be able to have some fun with this… situation.'
 
 
Dawn clears her throat, getting Gary's attention. “I'm sorry, I didn't get your name…”
 
“Doctor Harold Fine… and you are?” is the reply back from Gary, making sure to keep the charade going, in case anyone was watching or listening.
 
“Doctor Kelly Clark, nice to meet you…” Dawn says with a wink.
 
After taking another bite of his sandwich, Gary nods his head. “Same here…”
 
An innocent question is the next thing Dawn asks. “How's your survey going?”
 
Keeping to the code words, Gary replies heartily. “All done… all the data is inputted into the computer. I'm pretty much done for today… there's that meeting tomorrow and then I get my next assignment, how about you?”
 
“I've done my temporal survey… and there's no doubt- that land did come from twenty five years ago. It's just a question of figuring out how to do that again…” Dawn says, stating the obvious but making it sound like new news.
 
Doctor Fine ponders that for a moment and then grins. “Maybe we could… compare notes after lunch…”
 
“Hmm… maybe…” is the sly reply back. “Maybe we could test a few theories I have, too…”
 
“Sure…”
 
 
The two scientists in disguise finish their lunch and head back to the nearby scientific complex, just recently built for the express purpose of researching this phenomenon. As they're walking back, several of the other male scientists that had spoken to Doctor Fine earlier notice the pair and have one common thought passing through their mind.
 
`Damn… looks like Harold is about to do some research on the lovely Doctor Clark… lucky bastard…'
 
 
After reaching his new living quarters, Gary quickly shuts the door and locks it.
 
“There's no listening devices here, I've already scanned for those. We can talk freely as long as that door is closed.”
 
“Whew…” Dawn says, breathing a sigh of relief. “I was starting to get tired of pretending around you, anyway… I'm used to talking to you… in another way.” Dawn says sweetly.
 
Pulling her hand, Gary has his fellow agent sit down on the bed next to him. He places a kiss on her left cheek, causing his companion to blush. “Same here…”
 
“Some of your buddies were staring at us… they think you just scored…” Dawn says, vocalizing an observation she made on their way to the living quarters.
 
Gary decides to tease Dawn a little. “Well, that's not true… yet…”
 
A red blush creeps across Dawn's face. “Pervert…”
 
“I'm not the one with the low cut blouse… woah…” Gary stops mid-sentence after getting a better look at Dawn's outfit.
 
“Woah? You've never seen breasts before or something?” Dawn says with a hint of sarcasm.
 
“It's not that… you look… bigger…” Gary says with a gulp, not wanting to get Dawn going anymore then she already is.
 
A soft sigh escapes Dawn's lips. “It's part of the disguise… I'm supposed to be this beautiful scientist… that's really a flirt, too…”
 
“Works for me… I think you fill out that role perfectly…”
 
Dawn rolls her eyes. “Enough with the innuendo… Gary.”
 
“Hey! I almost never see you like this… you always dressed to blend in, to not stand out even among the ladies in town or at the bases. Can I help it if I like what I see?” Gary says in his own defense.
 
“Sorry… you're right. I think you and I should make the most of this… situation.” Dawn says while gently resting her head on his right shoulder. “We get to be together during work and spend time together after work…”
 
Gary takes Dawn's hand and holds it. “No ring… but we can always get another one…”
 
“Of course… but in any case, you're still my handsome husband…”
 
“And you're my pretty wife. We'll make sure that Team Rocket gets to see what a husband and wife can do when they're working together. When it comes to people we're working with, though, I just landed a major catch…”
 
Dawn is very flattered by that comment and has one of her own in a similar vein. “Heh… and I'll tell the ladies that I snagged the handsome Doctor Fine…”
 
“Sounds good to me…”
 
 
The pair are both silent for a while after those words are exchanged.
 
“You know… if this works, things are going to change and…”
 
Dawn places a finger over Gary's lips. “I know… we may never meet like we did here in this timeline. The best we can do is have faith… and hope for the best.”
 
“You're right… and I just noticed something. Look at my watch…”
 
Dawn takes a closer look at the watch in question. “It's 1410 hours…”
 
“And what time are we supposed to check in today?”
 
“2100 hours…” is the quick reply.
 
“There's no meeting scheduled, at least for our departments so…” Gary looks at his wife. “I haven't seen you in a month, you know…”
 
“Yeah… it's been too long. I think your grandpa organized this mission… just to bring us back together…”
 
Lying back on the bed, Gary tries to relax. “It's possible…”
 
“Hmm… I think I know what's on your mind. There's only reason why you'd mention the time…”
 
“And what's that?” Gary says, feigning ignorance.
 
“Oh, don't make me say it…” the suddenly shy Dawn says while unbuttoning her blouse and then dropping to the floor. “You know I'm not one to talk dirty…”
 
“I know…”
 
Motioning his wife closer, Gary allows her to snuggle against his chest. “Let's relax awhile and take it from there. On this mission, we're always together…”
 
“Yeah…”
 
 
As the day goes on, the two talk and catch up on what's been going on with the organization… and then spend some quality time together getting “reacquainted”.
 
Back on Verde Island, the General is reviewing a checklist for each of the four new candidates and finds that each has battled him satisfactorily.
 
“These four are pretty good… I think they should get elite training so we can put them to use on the front line. That Duplica in particular is quite knowledgeable…”
 
Pulling out a piece of paper, the leader of the Team Rocket operations on the island gets right down to business and prepares to promote the four along with some other worthy candidates.
 
`It's that time of year… and these four can afford to skip ahead and join our more elite trainees. Team Rocket may be on the move again and we need as many good fighters as we can get…'
 
 
To be continued in Chapter 21: Promotion
 
 
Thanks for reading this chapter, I apologize for the wait on this. Thanks to my friend Lilineko from deviantart, who's filled out art meme inspired much of Part B. Here's a link to the meme, readers should recognize the “rack” comment quite easily.
 
http://lilineko.deviantart.com/art/Man-Self-Meme-lol-XD-908 71699
 
I don't know which “Ship” you would call Gary X Dawn, but I wanted something different for this alternate future. I had a choice of either her or May, but I decided to keep the older May as the independent brunette and go for something fresh with the Gary X Dawn pairing. Comments on this little diversion away from Misty, Ash, Duplica, and Brock are appreciated. The story will go back to them in the next chapter.