Pokemon Fan Fiction ❯ The Forgotten Son ❯ Five Years Ago.... ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

He's gone. He's gone. He's gone. He's gone. He's…. he's gone.
 
The same thought ran through the head of Luke Merluzzi over and over- his brother, Griffe, was gone. He was gone, gone, gone, gone. And even though it wasn't his fault, Luke felt responsible and guilty. It was his own damn `coming of age' that began the series of events leading up to this moment.
 
“Luke!”
 
Luke didn't bother looking up- the voice he heard was quickly recognized as his father's. Hearing his father's voice made him awfully angry after what just happened. So angry, in fact, he stood up and yelled back, tears streaming down his face.
 
“Go away, dad! I wish you'd never come back here! Go back to your work and out of my life!”
 
“How dare you talk to me like that, Luke! I've just offered you a position with me in a place that'll bring you prosperity like you never dreamed!”
 
“You call this `prosperity'?! Griffe's gone! You- you were so despicable that you drove him to run away! Ever since you got involved with this Team Rocket and this Giovanni guy everyone's lives have been ruined!!”
 
Luke was yelling louder than he ever had. He sobbed and then sat back down into his corner, burying his head into his hands and legs weeping, his black hair bobbing as he sobbed into his arms.
 
“Luke, your brother ran away because he's jealous of what I just-”
 
“Are you blind, dad?! He hates you. He ran away with my pokemon because he doesn't want it to end up with me under your control! You used to train them with kindness, but now… now you gave that up for more power!”
 
“Get out of my house!” Luke's mother screamed, running in after hearing them in the kitchen. She picked up a shoe and threw it as hard as she could, but it missed its target; her husband. “You're trying to corrupt our son with your pitiful offers, and now you've traumatized him after you drove my little Griffe to run away from here! You're disgusting; you're nothing like that man I married so many years ago!”
 
No, no, not again. Mom and dad are fighting again. Luke hated it! With one more sob, he stood up and dashed out of the house with nothing but the clothes on his back, screaming all the way.
 
“Luuuuke!” His mother called, yelling to her son as he ran.
 
“Son!” His father yelled, “Your brother ran away to stand up for what he believes in- but you're running away out of pure fear fear!! If you're truly so cowardly, then from this moment on I declare you to no longer be my son!”
 
Luke turned back.
 
“I don't care! I don't want to be your son anymore! I don't want to be a part of what you've become! I hope I never see you again!”
 
And he turned again and ran. And ran, and ran, and ran.