Pokemon Fan Fiction ❯ The Hoenn Journey ❯ Prologue ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 
The Hoenn Journey
 
by
 
Taro M.D
 
 
Prologue
 
 
(Taro) A new era has arrived and for me it's been overdue since I have made the original R/S/E based story and I have touched this briefly in my one-shot story about him winning the Hoenn League after so much strife but I never had the chance to tell the story behind the one-shot.
 
But of course now is the time to do this and at the same time I'll be releasing my series based on the Gamecube games which are Colosseum and XD, would I be able to keep up the story at the same time and hopefully I'll provide you with the answer.
 
So let's begin the story.
 
 
-----------------------------------------------
 
 
The world of Pokemon was fresh and wondrous... everything was going well for Pokemon Trainers and for the Pokemon they were in a golden age as the bond between man and creature was strengthened to the point where nothing can break it apart not even demonic influence could dent it.
 
For one person he was on a ferry that was heading for the Hoenn continent surrounded by people who want to visit the continent or perhaps take part in the league over there as it was one of the top leagues of the world.
 
Wearing his signature loud t-shirt which was lightning bolts all over with black tracksuit bottoms followed by his white sneakers that were slowly coming apart, he stood out as a sore thumb but this was good cause he didn't want trainers finding him and he didn't have any of his pokemon with him either.
 
Why did I agree to come in the first place? He thought as he rested himself on the deck with a sparkling orange soft drink with ice in it as he sipped on the drink enjoying the ice cold sweet taste whilst the sun was shining down.
 
I think I agreed to this once I saw Ash with the pokemon that he caught from the region I'm goingtowards. He thought as he remembered how he was convinced into going to the Hoenn region.
 
 
FLASHBACK
 
 
Harudo Kashimata was one day resting after he completed another defence of his Kanto title but he felt like something was missing... nothing was really worth it if he felt like he didn't have the urge to fight now and again especially for the two titles that made his reputation sealed.
 
The future world champion of Pokemon thought that his days were doomed to defending his title and keeping his reputation as a master thinker and tactician of Pokemon Training in stake unless there was a new league to compete in alongside new pokemon to get.
 
He was about to get up and move onto another part of Professor Oak's residence when he heard the sounds of training and was curious to see what was going on and was surprised when he saw Ash and Pikachu and then that was then... he saw them training.
 
His gaze fell upon the large green lizard that currently had large green glowing blades from it's arms as it glared at the obstacle in it's way... which was at the moment was a very large training log.
 
"Sceptile use your Leaf Blade!" Sceptile jumped into the air before diving down as fast as it can and slashed the log clearly into half but Harudo was amazed by the speed of the obvious Grass type.
 
"Wow..." Ash turned in surprised to see Harudo as he came up to him and Sceptile, he then turned back to one of his now strongest pokemon that he raised by himself.
 
"Hey Harudo... how's it going?"
 
"I'm alright Ash but that's not the important thing at the moment... can I ask but what exactly is this pokemon?" Harudo asked as it gazed into the eyes of the large lizard that had a piece of grass that in it's mouth as part of habit but the glaze from it's bright yellow eyes eyed the stranger in caution.
 
"This is one of the pokemon that I caught from the Hoenn region... meet Sceptile." Sceptile then looked at Harudo and then it nodded its head meaning it trusts him.
 
"Nice to meet you Sceptile... so is he a fully evolved pokemon?"
 
"Of course he's in fact a Grass type and is a starting pokemon as well." Harudo was shocked that this pokemon was in fact a fully evolved starting pokemon.
 
"So where would I actually get one of these pokemon?" Ash then looked at him with a look before he then told him this.
 
"You would have to go to the Hoenn region... why would you ask that?"
 
"It's simple Ash... I'm getting tired of winning battles, defending titles and beating all sorts of pokemon to be honest I feel like I need to start afresh and regain the skills that I had before and sides I don't want to get rusty." Harudo said as Ash looked at him before he then suddenly realised what Harudo was on about.
 
"You know Harudo this reminds me of after I came into the quarter finals of the Johto League... I needed something new and fresh so when Professor Oak told me about the Hoenn League I caught the next ferry with Pikachu here and left my pokemon behind so they could rest with Professor Oak."
 
Ash said this as Harudo thought about what the Pallet Town resident gave him and then suddenly just like a thunderclap, the idea struck his head.
 
"Ash... does the Hoenn region have a league?" Ash then looked at him strangely and nodded.
 
"Of course Harudo... all regions have a league, why did you ask?"
 
"Because the reason why I've been lacking talent is because the thing that was missing was me taking part in a league and doing things my own way."
 
Ash then thought about what Harudo was saying and he nod his head.
 
"I completely agree with you Harudo... as much as I would help you, however since me and Misty got married a few months ago... I wouldn't be able to go anyway and since Brock and Suzie are raising their kid so personally you going to Hoenn alone is a good idea."
 
"Thanks for the advice Ash... I'll do that but I need a better chance so is it possible to leave
all my pokemon here as well, they need to relax from the constant battles plus I want to start afresh." Ash nodded his head as well as Pikachu.
 
"Professor Oak will be honoured to have your pokemon resting here... I'll ask him to give Professor Birch a head up if you do decide to go to Hoenn."
 
"Don't worry about that Ash, it's a done deal."
 
 
END FLASHBACK
 
 
Sometimes the thought of ringing Ash's neck sounded so tempting before I got on this ferry... but Misty would kill me if I did anything to her husband. He thought as he stared across to the ocean to which he spotted a few Remoraid jump the water and waved to the trainer because after all he was a hero to all pokemon of the Kanto and Johto region.
 
"I'm glad the pokemon still remember the events of three years ago." He said to himself as the events of three years ago bonded man and pokemon together to face the deimos/demon threat which almost destroyed their world and although man forgot the events, pokemon have great memories and ever since they hailed Harudo Kashimata as their saviour.
 
"Will all passengers be ready to disembark soon; we have arrived at Littleroot Town." The booming voice of the captain said as Harudo realised that they were close to the destination that would finally start off his new adventure.
 
"It's time to start things all over again." Harudo said as he went back to his cabin to get the
bag that he brought along before he left Pallet Town... which was full of pokemon medicine, poke balls also he brought along his replicator and mini computer so he wouldn't be in a state.
 
The ferry then finally made its last approach towards Littleroot Town as Harudo finally arrived in the Hoenn region although he had no idea that things would be very different than what he had planned in the first place.
 
-----------------------------------------------
 
 
(Taro) So there's the groundwork for the Hoenn Journey, I know what you must be thinking... why put this up when you have the Traveller's Journey to work on and I'll say this... this is extending the Pokemon world by the events of the Traveller's Journey.
 
Of course just like George Lucas did with Star Wars... I'll be filling the gaps so it will make sense to the world after Harudo's involvement and for the Orre story which will happen even further down the timeline.
 
Tell me what you think of the idea as a whole; I'll be issuing the next chapter soon so I would like to have some feedback as well.