Pokemon Fan Fiction ❯ The Hoenn Journey ❯ Arrival at Littleroot ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 
The Hoenn Journey
 
by
 
Taro M.D
 
Chapter 1 - Arrival at Littleroot
 
(Taro) I'm going to do this story at my own pace because I don't want to be pressured just like the Traveller's Journey to do a chapter... no I will do this my own way.
 
Before we continue if Harudo gets his hands on all three starters then please don't go into a bitch-fit, you won't do yourself anything and you'll be declared a fool and on the internet no-one wants to be a fool.
 
So enjoy what I have to offer.
 
Disclaimer: I don't own Pokemon nor all the characters and places that belong there, that does belong to Nintendo and Game Freak. However, the main character and any of the characters that I use will belong to me so no one can nick him or use him without my permission.
 
-----------------------------------------------
 
---------------
Capture Realm
Littleroot Town
---------------
 
*Current Pokemon on his belt*
 
None
 
In Storage
 
None
 
-----------------------------------------------
 
The sun was indicating in the sky as it was coming up to 2 o' clock in the afternoon as the ferry arrived in Littleroot Town dropping off passengers as they disembarked whilst amongst them, Harudo walked out and took a look around.
 
The little town was starting to develop itself as a port town with ferries going in and out of the area and developers were adding more houses and more buildings were hosting businesses from Kanto and Johto as the days of it being a small village were far from over.
 
Harudo decided to walk off the port and head into the town, thankful that no-one has had the chance to come up to him and battle because he didn't have none and he wanted to be treated as a new trainer anyway so the first thing he had to do was to find Professor Elm... so he decided to head for the Pokemon Centre.
 
The difference of this Pokemon centre was the fact that it was seriously overflowing with trainers that are either starting out on their journey or experienced trainers ready to explore a new region full of new Pokemon.
 
It was this that Harudo entered the building quietly not to attract any attention as he headed for the desk to which Nurse Joy was busy but was always happy that she was doing her job... just as he arrived and put his bag down from his shoulder.
 
"Hello and how can I help you today?"
 
"Hi there Nurse Joy how are you?" She looked up and was stunned... staring in front of her was the World Champion of Training, but he had a smile on his face... then she smiled back because she remembered.
 
They attended the Pokemon Gym Leader Academy and although both didn't decide to become leaders... the experience made them care for their Pokemon more.
 
"Harudo this is a surprise... what brings you out here to Littleroot?"
 
"Well Joy I'm here to compete in the Hoenn Region..." Harudo looked right and left before he moved closer to the nurse.
 
"I've decided to start all over again but no-one knows that I'm here..." He pulled back to which she nodded completely understanding.
 
"I understand Harudo... so what can I do for you then?"
 
"I'm trying to find Professor Elm; do you know where he lives?"
 
"Oh of course he lives in the lab at the top of the hill... he's constantly doing his research, sometimes I worry about him but he's apparently in good condition."
 
"Thanks Nurse Joy... I'm going to head up there right now." Harudo then turned around and make way for a young trainer who needed his Pokemon healed he smiled to himself as he picked up his bag, swung the bag onto his shoulder before he made his way out through the doors.
 
---
 
However a few people noticed him and although they carefully watched him they had the same amount of respect as well, except for one man.
 
So the World Champ is in Hoenn... this is the best chance I've got in dethroning that fake. He thought as he got up and left the centre with his own plans.
 
---
 
About a half hour later of climbing the hill heading towards Professor Elm's lab and from what he could see as he finally approached the location... looking around he pretty much saw that it was located on a secluded area.
 
Harudo finally walked up to the laboratory as he went to the front door and knocked with a light tap with his hand and waited for a few minutes... before the door opened as a timidly young woman looked on.
 
"Hi, I'm looking for a Professor Elm... is he in?"
 
"Of course... he's busy with his research but I can help you in." Harudo nodded before she motioned him to follow as he stepped into the laboratory/home of the Professor and as he followed her, he noticed the comforts of life as well.
 
Finally he was taken to the back of the lab where a large area of woodland area was occupied and realised that this must be why he often wasn't in the house or so he observed but from the largest bush to his distant right came a large man who was nearly as tall as him.
 
He was wearing a dark blue t-shirt with khakis on him but also he was wearing a white professor's coat which surprised him... also he noticed a good amount of sweat on him.
 
"Hey professor you have a visitor!" The woman shouted just to get his attention to which it does before he makes his way over to them as he was out of breath.
 
"Hello there Rose what brings you out here."
 
"Professor did you find anything interesting today?" The Professor did a small grin before launching into a small but infectious laugh that made Harudo slightly smile.
 
"If I wasn't chased all day by the Poochyena then of course..." He then noticed Harudo to which he turned to Rose.
 
"Who is this young man that is with you?" Harudo decided it was time for introductions.
 
"The name is Harudo Kashimata sir... I've come on behalf of Ash Ketchum and Professor Oak." Hearing both names made him smile and grin before he took his hand into a handshake.
 
"I've been expecting you Harudo; it's an honour to meet a great trainer such as yourself even though you beat my son Brendan at the World Championships." Birch said to which Harudo was a bit surprised... the white haired 15 year old was one of Harudo's tough opponents on the run to become World Champion.
 
"I'm a bit surprised that your his dad... anyway you probably might gather into why I am here."
 
"Of course Professor Oak was precise with what he said about your situation... you need a fresh new start and what better place to re-test your skills then by taking part in the Hoenn League, but of course you'll need Pokemon and I have indeed have the means for you to start your journey... now come and follow me."
 
Harudo smiled and nodded before Professor Birch thanked Rose before she nodded and walked back into the house before the Professor motioned for Harudo to follow him as they approached his lab and as he opened the door, Harudo clearly can see three poke balls awaiting them on a table.
 
"As you can see these poke balls contain three starting Pokemon to which you may choose one... but if you can't make your mind up about which one to choose, we'll come to some agreement." Harudo looked at him before he nodded and went over to the table.
 
This was where Harudo had a very difficult choice to make... this time he wasn't handed his starting Pokemon by the Keeper nor did he catch the other set of starters in Johto but Harudo couldn't decide which Pokemon to take with him... finally he turned to Professor Birch.
 
"I can't decide which one to take..." Harudo said as he turned to Birch but he was passive as he was unsure what to think off until Birch gave him a smile.
 
"I understand Harudo... you need all 3 starters but you can't decide which one to have is that right?" Harudo was a bit surprised by his admission so he did the only thing he could and nod.
 
"When my son lost to you in the World Championships it taught him a valuable lesson in teamwork and bonding close to your Pokemon and since you know about that, I like to thank you by offering all 3 starters to your disposal." Harudo looked at Birch if he was crazy, he couldn't take all 3.
 
"I can't do that what about the next youngster that wants to start his or her journey... I would feel guilty even if it meant taking his or her journey away like that!"
 
"Calm down Harudo... I'm saying that is because I've been saving these poke balls just for you, ever since I had that message from Professor Oak I knew you would need all the creatures at your will and sides I got the latest batch of starters today so I don't need these three... so go ahead Harudo take them and accept my thanks for helping Brendan."
 
This finally swayed Harudo's decision... it wasn't everyday that this would happen so with a nod and a smile.
 
"I should thank you for helping me start off my journey once again." Harudo then went to pick up his newest poke balls noticing that each of them had special markings which made it easier for him to pick them just in case he was in trouble.
 
"Before you go here are the standard 6 poke balls that you'll need and also this pokedex which has the details of all the Pokemon of the region including those belonging to the Kanto and Johto region, anyway I got some important research to conclude so I'll see you around Harudo."
 
Harudo nod his head and then left towards the house before taking the front door out and ready to start off his Hoenn Journey.
 
---
 
******************
 
TO BE CONTINUED...
 
******************
 
Pokemon - Level - Attacks
 
Treecko - Level 5 - Pound, Leer
Torchic - Level 5 - Scratch, Growl
Mudkip - Level 5 - Tackle, Tail Whip
 
-----------------------------------------------
 
 
(Taro) I'll add more detail to the next chapter and Harudo is introduced to his starters as well... more info as well to the first change in the Hoenn saga to which I'll be introducing sometime next chapter but there will be battles.
 
I may be building the foundations here but I will make this unique in my own way, I'll be introducing a pokedex segment for the Hoenn pokemon so no-one will get lost although I might use data from the games to fill them in.
 
Anyway bare with me on this one and tell me on what I'm doing so far.