Pokemon Fan Fiction ❯ The Hoenn Journey ❯ The Starters ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 
The Hoenn Journey
 
by
 
Taro M.D
 
Chapter 2
The Starters
 
(Taro) Why does he have three starting pokemon you might say and I have a good reason for this... every Pokemon game I always start with the three starters and it's stuck ever since.
 
Anyway moving on you might wonder what's with the title, well I won't go into details but Harudo will get dragged into another plot in the making and speaking of which he will start to bond with his starters concluding from the last chapter.
 
So enjoy what I have to offer.
 
Disclaimer: I don't own Pokemon nor all the characters and places that belong there, that does belong to Nintendo and Game Freak. However, the main character and any of the characters that I use will belong to me so no one can nick him or use him without my permission.
 
-----------------------------------------------
 
---------------
Capture Realm
Littleroot Town
---------------
 
*Current Pokemon on his belt*
 
Treecko
Torchic
Mudkip
 
In Storage
 
None
 
-----------------------------------------------
 
The next morning at the earliest hour possible which was close to the crack of dawn, Harudo Kashimata emerges from the Pokemon Centre and stretches out ready; he has his bag swung onto his left shoulder and the three poke balls attached to his belt meaning that he was ready to start the journey.
 
"Here we go again." Taking a step and heading towards the exit he absent mildly pulled on the leather glove that was on his right hand missing his gauntlet that he was used to having but he respected the last wishes of the ancient elders and all the objects that he had were back at the memorial buried underground.
 
He finally left the town with no-one suspecting that Littleroot Town was visited by the World Champion.
 
---------------
Capture Realm
Route 101
---------------
 
A couple of hours later the early morning sun began to shine which blessed the land below with light just as Harudo began to settle down and rest whilst at the same time, getting a sandwich that he bought from the previous night out ready to munch.
 
"All that travelling and I am very hungry... let's see what Pokemon I have with me." Harudo then checked out the belt just as picked up the first one with the leaf mark on top, just as he begun to devour the sandwich with three large bites before he checked his bag and opened up a can of cola to which he drank down.
 
"That feels better, Now then let's see what's in Pokeball number one" With a light throw into the air, the pokeball opened itself up with a noise revealing the Grass type starter.
 
A small green lizard, with three fingered hands, yellow reptilian eyes, a red chest and a large curved dark green tail looked curiously up at Harudo with a look at him and as the trainer didn't know what the Pokemon was, he then got out a Pokedex to which he was given before he left Littleroot.
 
"Right let's see who you are my friend." He opened up the Pokedex and scanned the pokemon with its infrared light before a resounding ping was heard and the entry was displayed in front of him complete with a picture of the subject
 
-------
 
*POKEDEX HOENN REGION*
 
Pokemon Name: Treecko
Classification: Wood Gecko
Type: Grass
 
Height: 1'8
Weight: 11.0lbs
 
Reading: This Pokemon is an agile climber and can easily climb trees with small hooks on the bottom of it's feet, another source indicates that if a larger Pokemon would glare at this Pokemon then it would glare back never conceding an inch of ground.
 
It is also noted that this Pokemon will attack it's foes with it's thick tail, that said it's tail can also
predict the weather for the next day just by sensing the humidity, finally it's personally is considered to be cool, calm and collected.
 
-------
 
"So your name's Treecko?" Harudo then looked at his Treecko to which it nodded carefully, not sure on how it would react to the trainer until Harudo realised that it would gain its trust so he got into his bag and got out a red apple.
 
"Here you go Treecko, you must be hungry." Treecko looked up at its trainer and then at the apple before it smiled and nodded before Harudo gave the reptile the apple to which it begun to munch on it with a happy expression on its face.
 
"So I know that you're on my side... let's see what else I have got." Harudo then grasped the pokeball with the fire emblem on top and tossed it into the air slightly before it opened out just as Treecko curiously watching from the side just as an even smaller form emerged and made Harudo cringed.
 
The creature looked like a small chick but it was coloured red all over except for its small wings and the three feathers on top of his head which were coloured orange... it had the legs of a chicken which had sharp claws, clearly it was nervous at first before it turned round and looked up at Harudo with it's cute black eyes.
 
"Well aren't you cute... let's see what you are little one." Harudo then scanned the chick with the Pokedex just as it curiously twisted its head to the side before the ping was heard and the entry detailing this Pokemon was shown just before he looked at the entry.
 
-------
 
*POKEDEX HOENN REGION*
 
Pokemon Name: Torchic
Classification: Chick
Type: Fire
 
Height: 1'4
Weight: 5.5lbs
 
Reading: This Pokemon has been known to breathe fire which can reach high temperatures of over 1800 F including fireballs that can leave opponents scorched black, also it is covered in a fluffy coat of down so when it is given a hug then it will glowing with warmth.
 
Information also tells that it will strike back by spitting balls of fire formed from its stomach however this Pokemon doesn't like darkness because it can't see the surrounding area otherwise it is a loyal Pokemon and always follows behind it's trainer with unsteady steps and sometimes it's personality is nervous if around new areas and creature.
 
-------
 
Harudo then looked at the Torchic which slowly walked over to him, causing Harudo to stiffen slightly but the chick didn't mind just as it jumped into Harudo's lap surprising the trainer but before his fear would cause him to back away, the Torchic nuzzled Harudo's chest which made him realise that he was feeling warm.
 
Aw it likes me... how can I not refuse something so cute especially if it does look like a chicken. He thought before a cry made him look down at the fire type to which it was looking up at him but its eyes were shimmering and made it hard not to resist.
 
"You are definitely a cute Pokemon." Torchic nodded and smiled before it nuzzled Harudo's chest which made him hug the creature to which it reacted in delight with a loud cry.
 
"You seem to be the type that likes to be hugged." Torchic nodded before Harudo let him go and put him back on the ground.
 
"You must be hungry as well little one." Harudo then reached into the backpack and gave the fire type another red apple which made it curious, it was unsure so the chick turned round to see Treecko holding half of the apple that he hadn't ate already and nodded it's head trusting the Pokemon.
 
Torchic then ate happily at the apple which made Harudo smile but he was now curious at what the last pokeball would contain so he got it out just as Torchic was now eating with Treecko and slowly the two were starting to become friends.
 
"Finally let's see what is in Pokeball number 3." He got out the one with the teardrop on top before he tossed it into the air and watching as well were the two other Pokemon before emerging from it's pokeball was another small creature.
 
With the same height as Torchic, this creature was on all fours and was basically blue but it had features including a fin that was on it's forehead and a lighter blue fin for it's tail, on it's face however were orange sort of gills that almost looked like barnacles but it had black eyes like Torchic.
 
"Ok I have no idea on who you are but give me a minute or two." The blue creature cried out its name in a happy tone just as Harudo scanned the Pokemon with the Pokedex and it whirred before the noise indicating that the scan was done and information was displayed on the screen which made Harudo read.
 
-------
 
*POKEDEX HOENN REGION*
 
Pokemon Name: Mudkip
Classification: Mud Fish
Type: Water
 
Height: 1'4
Weight: 16.8lbs
 
Reading: This pokemon's fin on its head acts as a highly sensitive radar, using this to sense movements of water and air this determines what is taking place around without using it's eyes. In water it uses the gills on its cheeks to breathe.
 
This Pokemon can also unleash its amazing power and that is crushing boulders larger than itself with its strength, it goes to sleep in night by burying itself in soil right at the water's edge and as well according to observations it's large tail fin propels it through water with powerful acceleration, it has a curious and impish personality as well.
 
-------
 
Mudkip then looked at Harudo and smiled making him smile as well, as he went to pat the Pokemon on the head avoiding the fin on its head just in case was sensitive.
 
"It's nice to meet you Mudkip." Mudkip was about to do something when suddenly it noticed something in the air and looked around, unsure of what it was doing but then it motioned for Harudo to follow him.
 
"Treecko and Torchic return!" Harudo sent the two back to their poke balls just as he got up, grabbed his stuff and ran with the Water type.
 
Something must be wrong if Mudkip was running this fast.
 
******************
 
TO BE CONTINUED...
 
******************
 
**Pokemon (Sex) - Personality - Ability - Level - Attacks**
 
Treecko (M) - Modest - Overgrow - 5 - Pound, Leer
Torchic (M) - Jolly - Blaze - 5 - Scratch, Growl
Mudkip (M) - Impish - Torrent - 5 - Tackle, Tail Whip
 
-----------------------------------------------
 
(Taro) Here's for the moment where I stop because the next chapter will have a battle and I'll prepare it as soon as I get my other works updated.
 
Also I've worked on the Harudo's Pokemon list so it reflects on the region and all the stuff that was introduced in the GBA games, now all I need is the reviews and although I'm not expecting it does make my work a little easier.