Power Rangers Fan Fiction ❯ Coming Home ❯ Chapter Six ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
By the time Trini finally got back to her hotel room and flopped gratefully on the bed, it was nearly three in the morning. It had been a long night, but well worth it.

It had turned out that there was a reason Kimberly had insisted on taking Trini to the restaurant in her car; dinner had been followed by a late-night whirlwind tour of Angel Grove, complete with rapidfire commentary from the rest of her friends. They had been eager not only to show her the changes in the town since her last visit, but also to vie for their fair portion of her time.

They had pulled her in a thousand different directions over the course of the evening, and it was only now that she finally felt able to breathe again.

She rolled over, glanced woefully at the clock again, and groaned. “I'm an idiot. Why did I agree to any of this?”

Plans had excitedly been made to visit all of the local landmarks, including a trip to Stone Canyon. She had also wound up promising not only to go to the mall with Kimberly, but to pay a visit to the facility where Kim was teaching gymnastics these days. She had also given her word that she would come by the club where Zack was working.

And she had to smile, remembering how Tommy had gone straight back into lonely brooding mode when he realized she probably wouldn't be able to go all the way to Reefside, where he was teaching, just to visit with him. And Kimberly's all too swift offer to accompany Trini on such a journey...

And Jason...

Jason had smiled and laughed at the others, but he hadn't made any demands. He'd only asked that she keep in touch, and maybe try to get together again before she left.

She wasn't quite sure what to make of that.

On the one hand, she wanted to thank him for not adding to the pressure the others were putting on her... on the other, she felt a bit sad that he might not want to see her as much as the others did. She knew it was completely irrational, but the seed of doubt was there, taunting her.

Jason had always been just the tiniest bit of a mystery to her. They had always seemed to understand one another perfectly without ever really understanding anything. Even after all this time, he'd managed to stir up the same confounding mix of emotions he always did when they got together.

Frustrated, and fully aware of the futility of this line of thought, Trini summoned the energy to kick off her shoes and crawl under the blankets. It was really late, and she would need all the energy she could get if she wanted to keep up with Kim tomorrow.

She had so much to do, and only a week in Angel Grove...

Well , she thought, sighing, at least that means they don't hate me.