Pretear Fan Fiction ❯ Sea Glass ❯ Drive ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Sea Glass

By: Haruka-chan

AN: I just recently picked up Prétear and though it is a weird version of Sailor Moon I like it. So here is my contribution. She was just another girl walking in the path to find herself, only to find another and help him over come what she herself was afraid of. Himeno finally has the job, the freedom, and everything she ever wanted to do with her life but her heart seemed cold, and empty, that is until the infamous Dr. Hayate entered her life by accident. H/H hope you guys like it. ^^

Drive...Chapter 1

"Yea dad I know that I have to be there for dinner, I mean I really don't see the point to it anyway, its not like she wants me there" said Himeno Awayuki. "Yes I do mean that, they both hate me, and I completely understand it. I wouldn't mind missing it if it meant another dumb comment on how I was too stuck up to claim my share of the estate, which let me say isn't even mine and I have no reason to claim for myself," she said on to the phone. "You know what dad what ever I'll be there ok," she said as she pressed the button to end the conversation. She sighed and looked up at her ceiling. "You must really hate me or you wouldn't be making me go back," she said out loud.

She's 24 years old, finally out of school and on her own, she is an Archeologist traveling all over to find rear artifacts, and she finally had a life that didn't include the married gain Awayuki fortune. She was finally happy with who and what she was, but there was that part of her life she couldn't escape. Every year she was there for her father's anniversary, and every year it was hell. She hated it all. Sometimes she wished she was different, that she wasn't unwanted by her 'married adopted' family.

Himeno got up from the chair she had been sitting on and walked over to the small balcony that came with her apartment. "Hey mom, looks like we have to go again, but don't worry I'm sure it won't be as bad as last year," she said smiling at the flowerpot. She pushed her salmon pink hair back and walked inside to her bedroom to pack and change for the party that night. If only someone would hear her prayers and save her.

Awayuki Mansion...

Himeno walked in to find the mansion filled with workers, preparing the house for the party. She sighed and walked inside, why wasn't this scene surprising to her at all? Why didn't she even think twice when coming here, she could have said that she got lost and there was no way for her to make it on time, but no she showed anyhow.

"Miss. Himeno you made it!" exclaimed Tanaka with a smile. Himeno smiled, though he was funny guy he was still caring from the lot, and it was no secret that he is hopelessly in love with her stepmother, who her father 'stole' from him.

"Mr. Tanaka how are you?" she asked.

"I never been better" he said.

Himeno smiled again. "I'm glad to hear it, I wouldn't want you to stress yourself out," she said remembering how the guy shed his hair.

"Shall I show you to your room?" asked Tanaka.

"Sure" said Himeno as the little round man led her towards her old room. Himeno felt strangely different, it was as if she missed the place. She closed her eyes forgetting that she needed it to watch where she was going with all the workers running around, and so she bumped into someone. She looked down to find that she fell on top of a man, and handsome at that, he didn't look like an employee more like a guest or something along those lines. "Oh so sorry" she said getting up as quickly as possible.

He sat up and looked at her. "It's alright, though I should advise you to watch were your going next time, and not walk with your eyes closed then you wouldn't have any use for your eyes," he said.

Himeno glared at the man. "Who in the hell are you?" she asked. She just met him and already he was getting on her bad side, what was with the guy anyway? So damn uptight, like he had a stick up his ass.

"Oh Darling you have met my step sister I see" came that same maniac voice of her elder sister, who she rather not see or talk to, this was the same sister who spent majority of her teenage life trying to 'trap' her in her stupid home made mouse traps.

"How you been Mayune?" asked Himeno.

"Oh I been wonderful, how is your little digging thing going?" asked Mayune not really interested.

Himeno smiled through clenched teeth, "Oh wonderful my digs are great," she said. She turned towards the man standing next to her evil sister. "I'm Himeno Awayuki," she said extending a hand.

He looked from her face to her hand, almost debating whether or not she had rabies. "Hayate Leafé" he said taking her hand.

Himeno nodded. "That name rings a bell, hey are you doctor Hayate?" she asked. She heard about him from one of her friends, who told her that the man was positively breath taking but a total stuck up jerk that couldn't see beyond his nose.

"Yes I am," he said.

She nodded, "Well I hope you enjoy the party or what ever reason you're here" she said and walked on with Tanaka. He just verified that she should not try and make friends with him, after all he is hanging out with her older evil step sister and that alone said a whole novel.

Hayate watched after her for second before he turned towards Mayune. "You didn't tell me that one of your sisters was an archeologist," he said.

"Oh you know what she does?" she asked.

Hayate nodded. "She was on the news," he said.

Mayune waved it off. "Oh darling don't worry about her, come let us have tea," she said.

"Thanks again Mr. Tanaka" she said as she entered her room and sighed. "Home again" she said looking around the room. Every year it changed unlike her heart. She laid on the bed. "It doesn't smell the same any more," she said closing her eyes and finding it hard to stay awake.

"Himeno I heard you were home..." said Kaoru as he walked in to find his little girl not so little anymore sleeping. She looked more and more like her mother each time he saw her, and these days it was once a year. He walked over to her and moved some hair out of her face and smiled. She still slept as if she was only 2 years old, her knees to her chest and her hand near her lips. He knew how she felt, and he tried to ignore it but he couldn't help it. She was hurting and that was what bothered him the most. He kissed her cheek and walked towards the door. "Sleep well" he said.

Himeno woke slowly. She opened her eyes and wondered if her father coming in was a dream, her hand went to where he had placed the kiss. "Oh daddy" she said as she sat up. "Now I know why I keep coming here every year, to see you happy" she said walking towards the bag, and pulling out her dress for the party. That was it from the start that she wanted to see him happy again, she wanted him to be inspire and be who she called daddy, and if this new woman could give him that then forget about her happiness. She tried from day one to be part of the family she really did, but after a while it came to a point where she just wanted to be away from the comments and finger pointing, etc. It didn't bother him because he was busy being happy, and that gave her the strength to go on. That was the simple truth of it all, but now she was able to walk away with an excuse, that was her work, and that she had a life other then the Awayuki city and family. It was sole hers and hers alone.

Himeno pulled on the Cream satin A-line gown with a silky jersey halter neckline, open back, and a natural waist with a satin cord tie. She brushed her still short hair, and placed a small white diamond butterfly clip she bought in China, on her hair and pulled on her white gloves and shoes. She loved to play dress up when she was younger but after a life in the Awayuki mansion it was burnt beyond repair, now when she dressed she felt as if she was trying to be someone who wasn't, even with her own life she couldn't honestly say who she really was.

She walked towards her window and looked below, where the party was taking place. She felt foolish and 17 again getting ready for her school dance. She shook her head. "I can do this!" she said and walked down to the garden. The lights and music was brilliant as were the people all happily dancing. She walked out and was greeted by some with smiles others that could careless that she was here but smiled out of courtesy and knowledge that she was an Awayuki, as if that alone brought her royalty she never wanted.

"Himeno you came" said a soft quite voice.

Himeno turned and smiled. "Mawata how are you?" she asked.

"I have been good, such a drag that I have to be back here again" she said. Mawata was the only one who opened up to her, she missed her father just as Himeno missed her mother, and she accepted Himeno and became a friend who Himeno came to trust.

Himeno smiled. "I know how you feel," she said.

Mawata smiled. "You always said that you knew how I felt," she said.

Himeno blushed. "I didn't exactly know I just felt the way you did," she said.

Mawata smiled. "Good to have you come back Himeno" she said and walked away.

"Yeah" said Himeno with a smile, suddenly it all didn't seem all too bad.

"Excuse me your blocking my way" came the voice from behind.

Himeno turned to find Mayune's latest partner glaring at her as she stood in his way.

TBC