Pretear Fan Fiction ❯ Sea Glass ❯ Glow ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Sea Glass

By: Haruka-chan

Glow...Chapter 2

"God are you trying to make me look bad?" she asked turning to move out of this way.

He watched her as the nights breeze blew the white gown making it dance around her. "I'm not trying to make you look like anything you do that just fine by yourself" he said walking away.

Himeno glared at his back before she walked towards her father. "Congratulation daddy" she said with a smile.

Kaoru turned and looked at his daughter. "God Himeno you look so beautiful," he said cupping the side of her face.

Himeno leaned into the touch and smiled. "I love you, and I'm glad your happy" she said.

That guilt attacked him again. "Himeno I..." he was about to say how sorry he was for making her come out tonight, but when he heard his wife calling him. He smiled and said "I love you too sweetie." Before walking towards his now life partner.

Himeno smiled and tried to forget that look on his face. 'I wonder what he was going to say to me' she thought.

"Is that you Himeno!?" asked an excited voice from behind her.

Himeno smiled and turned towards her. "Yayoi!" she said throwing her arms around the other woman.

Yayoi giggled. "You haven't changed at all" Yayoi said as she looked at Himeno.

"Neither have you. I recently bought your fifth book, 'Shadowed Hearts' so wonderful" said Himeno.

Yayoi smiled. "I'm glad you like it. Hey Himeno I want you to meet someone important in my life right now" said Yayoi pulling the guy standing next to her by the arm.

Himeno smiled waiting, it was surprise to finally find that Yayoi found someone to fantasize about other then her father.

The man turned and smiled at her and waved. "This is Goh," said Yayoi.

Himeno smiled. "Nice to meet you" she said.

"Same here" he said.

"What do you do for a living?" asked Himeno.

"I'm a chef at-" he didn't finish as Himeno nodded.

"Awayuki Fire?" she asked.

He nodded. "Yeah how did you know?" he asked.

"Everything is named after that name so it's not hard to guess that it was that one, and you look like a great cook" said Himeno.

"Thanks" he said.

Mayune walked over to where Hayate stood and sipped his wine. "Darling have you seen my sister?" she asked. Hayate looked towards where Himeno stood as if saying she's over there. "No not her, she isn't my sister I was talking about Mawata" said Mayune flipping the curl out of her face.

Hayate watched as she spoke to the friends and occasionally threw head back in laughter. She was actually beautiful, but her attitude is what turned him off, but then again it was amusing, not to mention the kind of people she grew up with. He sighed as he looked towards his current girl friend that was busy having men praise her and kiss her hands and feet. "What idiots" he muttered.

"Hey Hayate!" yelled Goh from where he stood with Yayoi and Himeno.

Himeno looked towards the direction Goh was waving and almost fell over when he walked over towards them.

"Himeno this is my friend Hayate" said Goh with a proud smile.

Himeno inhaled some air and smiled at him. "Hello" she said.

Hayate nodded and looked towards the couple in front of them.

"Mr. Hayate when are you and Miss. Mayune tying the knots?" asked Yayoi.

"Are you crazy tying the knots with the crazy loon?" asked Goh.

Himeno laughed. "I have to agree with Goh on that, the only thing she will marry is a mirror" said Himeno. Yayoi and Goh laughed, while Hayate didn't find it funny. He looked towards where her long chandelier earring hit her cheeks softly, and sparkled with the light.

Wait why was he even noticing these things about her? He had a girl friend, not mention that this particular woman wasn't his type, he liked the beautiful smart ones. Hayate paled when he thought of his girl friend that was probably smart in the field of make up and nothing more. He shook his head lightly as if to say that he didn't care, it was a stupid thought. "Miss. Himeno don't you have a date?" he asked very well knowing that she didn't.

Himeno smiled softly and shook her head. "Actually Mr. Hayate I don't and I probably never will bring a date here, these people are too crazy for anyone to understand them" said Himeno. Hayate watched as she turned to speak to Yayoi.

"You have to meet his little brothers who live with us," said Yayoi.

"Really how old?" asked Himeno.

"Well Mannen is going to turn 18 soon, and Hajime is 17" said Goh with a smile.

"Wow they are almost men, I bet they're handsome" said Himeno with a win.

"Oh yea" said Yayoi.

The three laughed.

"Don't tell me you have a taste for men younger then you" said Hayate.

Himeno looked at him. "It was a joke, with a side order of a compliment to Goh" said Himeno with clenched teeth.

Hayate was about come back with something when Mayune's annoying voice came ringing.

"Oh dear god" muttered Himeno.

"What are you doing with 'her'?" asked Mayune.

"Yayoi, Goh it was very nice to meet you but I think I should get going" said Himeno walking away from the group. "It's like every where I go one of them is there to pull those around me away" she said as she came to sit by a fountain. "I wish I was still asleep" said Himeno lying on the grass. "I don't care any more, I can't pretend, I'm sorry daddy" she whispered closing her eyes.

Hayate glared at every possible thing that fell in his field of view. No one told him what to do, but he. He walked towards the fountain and saw something white and took the chance at guessing that it was the missing sister. He found the anger leave his face as the picture of a sleeping Himeno came to play. The moon made her jewelry and hairpiece shine, and her cream gown glow making her appear almost as a sleeping angel. He walked slowly towards where she lay. He sat down on the fountain and just watched as she slept with her lips parted and glossy. He smiled. She looked so much better this way. His head warned him that he shouldn't mess with this particular woman but his body and maybe even his heart didn't agree.

TBC