Prince Of Tennis Fan Fiction ❯ A Temporary Goodbye - MomoRyoma ❯ Chapter 1

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Title: A Temporary Goodbye
A Prince of Tennis Fanfiction
By Andrea Readwolf [andrea_readwolf @hotmail.com]
Rating: Mature
Pairings/Characters: Echizen Ryoma + Momoshiro Takeshi

Summary:
Ryoma's leaving Japan, but there's someone he has to say goodbye to first.
Notes: "I'm Leaving on a Jet Plane" wouldn't stop playing over and over and over again in my head... >.< This is the result.

Disclaimer:
Tennis no Ohjisama, characters and settings are the property of Konomi Takeshi. Original characters and story idea are property of Andrea Readwolf.


Date Started: April 2005
Word Count:
652
 
"A Temporary Goodbye"
 
Despite the fact that it was a little before five AM, Ryoma had already been up for a couple of hours. Actually, it would be more accurate to say he'd neglected to go to bed last night-- excluding, of course, the little cat nap he'd caught around eleven. All his bags were packed; he was ready to go. In fact, he would've been out the door and in the taxi already if his mom wasn't being rather clingy.
 
"Be safe," she repeated for what seemed like the hundredth time, rubbing a thumb against an imaginary smudge on his cheek.
 
"Ah."
 
"Give 'em hell, boy," his father charged loudly.
 
"Ah."
 
"If you need anything, don't hesitate to call us, okay?" his mom was saying again.
 
"Ah."
 
"Best not keep the taxi waiting," his father muttered, peering out past Ryoma to the waiting car.
 
He suffered through another embrace from his mother and his father ruffling his hair annoyingly before escaping into the cool interior of the taxi. He exhaled loudly as he leaned back into the vinyl seats, staring unseeingly out the windows.
 
This was more than just a few weeks vacation to the states for a competition. He didn't know when he'd come back to Japan, for a visit or longer.... He didn't know when he would see his friends again or...
 
Ryoma quickly made a decision and leaned forward to rattle off another address to the driver.
 
Standing there outside his door, Ryoma was acutely reminded of the fact that it was still very early in the morning. The sun was beginning to paint the skies a lighter shade of purple. Just when he was beginning to think it a bad idea stopping here, the front door opened.
 
"Ryoma?" the occupant asked blearily. "I thought you would be heading off to the airport by now."
 
"I am."
 
Ryoma stood there in the slice of light pouring out from the entrance way.
 
"I missed you already," Momoshiro whispered, leaning up against the doorframe for support.
 
"Me, too," Ryoma replied, staring back at his boyfriend from a few short feet away. It seemed like such an incredibly huge distance between them, those three feet. It seemed larger than the whole Pacific Ocean.
 
And then Momoshiro reached out and pulled the slimmer young man against him. Ryoma's arms went around Momoshiro, and his mouth met the taller man's in an eager kiss that neither wanted to end, but eventually had to.
 
The toot of a car horn reminded them both that there was a plane Ryoma was expected to be on.
 
"I'll be back," he promised, studying Momoshiro's face. He already has so many memories of this young man, his best friend and lover. "Wait for me."
 
It was more question than statement, seeking reassurance that the proud young man could not bring himself right out and ask for. But, Momoshiro understood that as much as Ryoma did.
 
"Ah," he agreed, touching Ryoma's cheek. "I'll be right here when you come back. Email me when you land, all right? Let me know you're in safe."
 
"Yeah."
 
"And, hey, listen," Momoshiro continued, not quite willing to let Ryoma go completely just yet, knowing it would probably be the last time he would see the other man in months. "I was thinking... I could save up some money and maybe come out and visit next summer."
 
"That would be good," Ryoma smiled weakly. A plane ticket to America was not cheap.
 
"Ah," Momoshiro agreed. They stood there another moment before Ryoma turned to go back down the steps.
 
"Ne, Ryoma," he called out just as the other moved to climb back into the waiting vehicle. "Don't get careless, in America."
 
Ryoma grinned and slammed the car door shut behind him. He turned and watched Momoshiro remained standing in the doorway, watching the taxi drive away until it turned the corner and vanished. Then he turned, sighed, shut his eyes, and contemplated what he would do first once he got to America.
 
~owarimasu~