Prince Of Tennis Fan Fiction ❯ Love Sacrifices ❯ Chapter 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Author's Note :
I had this dream of Ryoma rescuing me from harm one night just like in this story but I've replace the `me' in my dream with a more appropriate character which is obviously Sakuno. I hope you guys will enjoy this story!! ^_-
 
PS = I do not own Prince of Tennis but hopefully I have a small piece of `me' in Ryoma's heart. (KYAA!!) ^^
 
----------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------
Love Sacrifices
 
It is quite well known in Seishun Gakuen High that Echizen Ryoma a.k.a Samurai Junior is dating Ryuzaki Sakuno since their 1st year in High School but that doesn't stop most of the female population in Seigaku High to be extremely jealous and loath the sight of the coach's granddaughter hanging around the tennis prodigy.
 
The jealousy and loathing level for one particular girl, Miyako is higher than the rest, for she is the president of The Prince Ryoma Club ( which is a strong rival to Tomoka's Ryoma-sama Club ) and she made it quite clear to Sakuno that she won't be having a peaceful life in school by `accidently' bumping hard into her the first chance they were alone. Not only that, Sakuno often find threat letters in her locker and her shoes are always missing or stuffed with rubbish or is scribbled with unkind words.
 
Tomoka would burst in outrage whenever these incidents occurred and told Sakuno to discuss the matter with Ryoma but Sakuno insisted that they keep this matter a secret for she doesn't want Ryoma to worry unnecessarily. So, on the outside, whenever you see Ryoma and Sakuno together, Sakuno seems like the happiest girl alive but when they're apart, Sakuno often had to endure the daily torture of being Ryoma's girlfriend.
 
 
 
One day, as Sakuno brought in the mail, she was shocked to find a letter addressed to her written in chicken's blood. She opened the letter with trembling fingers and read through its contents.
 
`Come to the park at 8pm SHARP!' is all that is written on it. She folded the paper, put it into her pocket and went out to buy grocery for dinner all the while contemplating whether to answer or just ignore the threat letter.
 
Sakuno was so lost in her thoughts that she failed to notice her surroundings and bumped into someone hard. She blushed, scrambled up and apologized repeatedly.
 
“Gomen! Gomen nasai! I wasn't looking. I'm sorry! Really! Are you alright? I…” she broke off when she saw that the person in front of her is none other than her prince watching her with gentle eyes and an amused smile tugging at the corner of his lips.
 
“Mou, Ryoma-kun! Stop teasing me!” she said as she launched herself into his waiting arms. Ryoma chuckled and hugged her briefly before releasing her. Sakuno loved moments like this. When her prince will drop his usual arrogant façade and be the most charming person around.
 
“Where are you going?” he asked.
 
“Shopping for tonight's dinner. And you?”
 
 
Ryoma patted his tennis bag at his side in answer and smirked. Sakuno smiled too. Ryoma is so easy to predict. There are only a few things in Ryoma's world, and that is tennis, school, nap, meals, more tennis, Karupin and of course Sakuno.
 
After a brief but sweet goodbye, ( Ryoma kissed Sakuno of course! ) Sakuno hurried off to the mall. The bloody letter forgotten for the moment as her mind happily replayed the scene with her prince.
----------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------
 
Ryoma watched her go and turned to continue on his way when he noticed a pink handkerchief on the pavement where they first collided. He recognized it as Sakuno's and bent to pick it up but he also picked up something extra as well. It was the bloody note that Sakuno hastily stuffed into her pocket earlier.
 
He had a bad feeling about this note, and as his fingers moved to unfold the paper, his suspicion was confirmed. The first thing that caught his attention is at the top left of the paper. There, clearly written in what looks suspiciously like blood is his beloved's name. As his eyes scanned its contents, a frown is visible on his otherwise passive face. He balled the piece of paper in his fist and swore to get to the bottom of this no matter what. With that in mind, he took out his cell phone and dialed Tomoka's number.
 
 
“Moshi moshi. Tomaka desu!”
 
“Tomoka-san..”
 
“Kyaa! Ryoma-sama! Why did you call me?!”
 
Ryoma winced at her piercing voice but spoke clearly and seriously, demanding an answer from her.
 
“Has Sakuno been bullied lately?”
 
Silence…
 
“Well?”
 
“Ano, Ryoma-sama, it's not like we wanted to keep it a secret from you but…”
Ryoma hung up. That is all he needed. Sakuno kept this from him, but he was certain that she has her own reasons, even though he had a pretty good idea that it was for his sake. She's always very thoughtful and considerate of others and willingly gives up something for the sake of another. It is one of the reasons why he loves her. Even so, he disliked secrets between the two of them and it bothered him to no end that Sakuno kept something this important from him. Things would have to change around here but that will have to wait until this problem is solved.
 
“Obaa-chan. I'm going out now!” said Sakuno as she put on her coat.
 
“Okay. Tell Ryoma to bring you back by 11pm!”
 
Sakuno smiled and hurried out. She wished that she was going out on a date with Ryoma but instead, she's going to meet some psycho at the park. When she came home from shopping that evening, her sunny mood has vanished and her thoughts were occupied by that bloody note she received this morning.
 
 
 
She walked past the park's main entrance and walked further up until she saw a group of girls waiting for her at the far end of the road near the fountain. Sakuno clenched her fist till her knuckles turned white to stop her hands from trembling but she had a determined expression on her face.
 
`Get a grip Sakuno! You can do it!!' she mumbled to encourage herself and walked on to face them.Hopefully, her life will be much better after today.
 
She was so focused on the matter at hand that she failed to notice a figure stalking her the minute she stepped out of the house.
 
 
 
Sakuno approached the group of girls and as she neared them recognized their leader, Miyako.
 
“Miyako-san! What are you doing here? Why are you doing this to me?” she asked.
 
Miyako scowled at her and replied “Because Ryoma-sama deserved someone much more better than you.”
 
“How do you know that? You didn't even know him” Sakuno retorted.
 
“Shut up slut! We can't stand the way you cling to Ryoma-sama everyday like he's only yours! It makes me sick to see you around Ryoma-sama all the time! Leave him alone or you'll really regret it!!” Miyako almost screamed with a mad gleam in her eye. The others around her nodded their heads in agreement.
 
 
Sakuno is taken aback by the bluntness of words thrown at her but she stood her ground and tried to reason with the group of angry fangirls.
 
“Ryoma-kun doesn't belong to me or to anybody. He's free to do whatever he wants and hang out with whoever he likes. Although I'm not sure whether I'm the right one for him, but I think he has the right to decide who he wants to go out with. He's a grown up after all. Let him make his own decisions” said Sakuno calmly. She hoped they understand that she's completely innocent in this matter.
 
Ryoma smiled proudly at Sakuno's answer. He and agrees with her whole heartedly but it was a completely different story on Miyako's part. Sakuno's answer seemed to mock and degrade her. Telling her that she's not the one for Ryoma and that she should give up and leave the two of them alone. She can't stand it! She'll never back down! Sakuno must pay!
 
 
Miyako grabbed a pair of scissors from a girl nearby and ran towards Sakuno.
 
Sakuno was so shocked that she's rooted on that spot. When Miyako got nearer, she screamed, covered her eyes and waited for the blow but it never came. Warm arms engulfed her and shielded her from the attack.
 
Ryoma was watching the whole time and his body moved on its own when Miyako charged at Sakuno. On impulse, he hugged Sakuno and shielded her from the attack. He took the stab on the back and fell facedown on top of Sakuno.
“ RYOMA-KUN!!!!!” Sakuno screamed and shook his shoulder hard. Blood was quickly forming a pool around them but Ryoma remained motionless.
 
_________________________________________________________________ _______
 
End Note:
Well, the first chapter is up. Let me know what you think of it. I'm currently very busy with assignments and quizzes and exams so I don't really have the time to sit and think of the plot but I promise to update ASAP!! Arigatou minna-san!!! See you guys soon!! Mata nee!!