Prince Of Tennis Fan Fiction ❯ Not what I wanted ❯ Rivals..! ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
'Graduation day' an unwanted sigh left my mouth. 'I did not want this day to come. Do not get the wrong IDEA. I want to graduate and go to college and become a doctor. But what was happening afterwards!!' I sat there and stared at the headmaster of our school, watching him talk, saying how wonderful our 3 years of high school were. I sighed yet again, causing my friend to look back at me with a strange look.

That's right. No one else knows. I was fine with that. I looked over at a different classes line, starting at the tall boy, short black hair, a bit hanging over his face. Sanada Genichirou. He had a traditional family, as with mine. He was the Captain of the high school tennis team, and he played well. He caught me glaring his way and returned the favor. I arched an eyebrow, not in the mood for him. I swung my head back toward the front, hoping to catch the last of the speech before we were called off to the party.

Actually I was thrilled no one knew what was going to happen after graduation. After tomorrow. Well, let’s say my family name won’t Konohana anymore. I sighed heavily as I saw everyone leave. My best friend quickly jumped up next to me grabbing my arm and pulling me off. I ran my hand through my shoulder length caramel orange hair. I told her to slow down as I pretended to be out of breath. She stopped dead in her tracks, causing me to run into her. “Yuki-chwanc.” I rubbed my nose, which had run into her shoulder since she was a good 12 centimeters taller than me. I peeked out from behind her, seeing the man... I hated most. The guy from the other class. the tall, silent, strict, man from hell. I forgot to mentions handsome, I’d lie if I told you he was ugly. Butcthere he was. Standing in front of my family’s limo. The Damned Sanada Genichirou.

He acted as if he owned the damned car. I gave him the best death glare one as cute and short as me could give. It wouldn’t work on him and I knew it. He simply just stared back eyes slightly hidden by his trademark ball cap.

I closed my eyes and sighed. “Genichi-sama.” I opened my pale blue eyes. “Is there any reason you are leaning up against /my/ car?” I emphasized ‘my’.

He got off the black limo, not saying anything but opened the door for me then stepped in himself. I continued to seethe anger. “Just to let you knowcI’m not happy about this AT ALL!!” I yelled the last part as the driver began towards my residence.

I looked over at Sanada, sullen and quiet, as we usually were together. He never did talk to me. even when we were kids.

Our families were close since we were both from traditional families. So, Sanada and I have be “friends” since birth. A lot of things were also decided for as at our young age. Tomorrow was one of them.

I was starting to think back on the day tomorrow was announced. It was at leastcgod. 13 years ago. We were 5 and 6 at the time.

Sanada and I were training. We both had taken up different types of martial arts. I’d never admit it out loud, but he was oblivious better. We were called out early.

At that young age, I was serious, more serious than I am now. Sanada was the same. He’d always be the same. I sat next to Sanada on a mat. Both of our parents sat in front of us in traditional clothing. I knew something big was going to happen. But the words coming from my father’s mouth left me stunned, shocked, and speechless, even at that young age.

‘The Sanada’s and our family, believe to carry on tradition and family ties, We thought it was best, Mitsuki-kun and Genichirou-kun, that after high school the both of you are to wed.’ My father smiled and mother backed him up, as did the Sanada’s.

I never did understand what they meant til years later. Yeah, Sanada was a great guy, probably had tons of girls wanting to win his heart. But, he was my rival, my worst enemy. I just hated him, for being just about damn perfect, even if he was strict.

I sighed heavily as I stared out the tinted windows. I took notice of the light sprinkle and leaned my head against the window. I heard Sanada reposition himself on the seat. When I looked over his head was hanging slightly, as if he were trying to get some sleep. His arms folded neatly across his toned chest.

My heart seemed to skip a beat. It was the first time I’d seen him asleep. He was rathercrather cute. Not that I’d admit it you anything. At least to him. I felt my cheeks burn with a little blush and quickly looked out the window.

Said movement, caused my elbow to open the window and the used to be sprinkle was a heavy downpour. I jumped back away from the window, bumping into Sanada. I avoided the raindrops as much as I could whilst I closed the window.

When I finally closed the window, I crossed my arms over my chest and blew at a piece of wet air sticking to my nose. I didn’t even wanna bother looking over at Sanada, knowing all to well he was smirking, or even mentally laughing at my stupidity.

Good thing I didn’t have to worry about for long, because the limo came to a halt at the front gates. The door opened and a paper umbrella was handed to me as I stepped out.

“MIT-RIN!” I was wide eyed as the figure that yelled wrapped their arms around me and lifted me up over his head (said action caused me to lose the grip on my umbrella). I gulped slightly and then smiled a bit. I stared into the same pale blue eyes.

“Onii-chan.” I smiled slightly. “You seem to be in good health.” I said as he set me down. He smiled at me then nodded towards Sanada as he got out of the car. I knelt down and picked up the umbrella, which Sanada being the tallest of the three of us snatched from me and held it above all of us.

Not that it matter, after the car window incident and my older brother throwing the umbrella on the ground, I was soaked to the bone.

“So are you two excited?” My brother exclaimed as we entered the genkan, removed our shoes and put on the slippers. “I’m excited. My little baby sister is getting married!” he hugged me again.

I simply glared. Then opened my mouth, instead of my voice, I heard Sanada pipe up, “we’re not thrilled at all. If you couldn’t tell by Konohana’s face.” I around and glared at the taller man, who had removed his cap.

Once I stepped up into the house I saw my brother’s frown. “it’s really for the best Mit-rin. You should lean to at least accept him as a human being.”

I arched an eyebrow, “human-beingcchimcHe’sc.like a super being. Have you not seen his tennis matches!! Or him train!” I said moving my hands to emphasize.

My brother smirked. I didn’t understand why though. But whatever it was, it pissed me off so much I stormed off to the kitchen. Before I could get halfway there, my older sister, Kimiko stopped me. She was always the prettiest of the siblings and the one I looked up to. But, she was frailly sick. A small smile spread across her pale face. I only nodded and smiled in return. She closed the paper door as I walked off, still heading to the kitchen.

“Mitsuki-sama?” I turned to face one of the maids. She was calling me into one of our traditional rooms. I sighed heavily and walked into it. My mother was standing there next to a beautiful black kimono with white, pink and red cherry blossoms on the sleeves and bottom. The obi was pale green going well with the pink. I grinned. As much as I hated the fact we were traditional, I couldn’t help but feel happy while wearing the kimono.

I stared at my figure in the mirror. I almost looked as pretty as my sister. I laughed to myself. That’d never happen. I thought. My mother came up behind me and pulled my hair into a tight bun then added a decorative cherry blossom comb to it.

The sliding door opened, I saw my brother walk in through the mirror. His eyes lit up. I turned around to smile at him, but soon it turned into a frown as Sanada walked in. He looked at me then looked away.

Uninterestedcas usually. I let out a deep sigh and turned back around. Mother came back around to make sure my obi was tight and the kimono fit nicely.

“Doesn’t she look nice, Tarou?” My mother asked my brother.

“her beauty matches Kimiko. Wonderful choice on the coloring. It suits my little Mit-rin a LOT. What do you say Genichirou-kun?” My brother elbowed him.

Sanada looked at him and then at me. “shecshe lookscalrightcI guess.” He cleared his throat, unsure as what to say.

I pouted slightly, but stopped when mother glowered at me. She bent over, “he just doesn’t wanna admit it.”

I let out a snort, and quickly clapped my hand over my mouth. Mother glowered at me again. I regained my composure. Sanadacis afraid to tell me how he feelscget real Okaa-san. He hates me as much as I hate him!