Prince Of Tennis Fan Fiction ❯ Prince of Mind ❯ Cacti, Nya! ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Prince of Mind Chapter 4: Cacti Nya!
Rating in this chapter is ok again, everyone can read this ^^
 
Eiji sighed in defeat.
He had just finished calling everyone.
Oishi had said not to worry, cause Fuji was probably pulling another prank.
Inui had agreed with Oishi, saying there was a 73% percent change Fuji would use the call from family to pull a prank.
Kaidoh said `Fuji-senpai could take of himself' and that he was too busy training (he had probably yet to forget about Fuji's last prank, which resulted in a pink bandana ^^).
Echizen had said `Mada Mada Dane' for the tenth time that day, followed by a “Fuji-senpai will be back for the next practice”.
Momo had been eating something and talking to a still munching Momo over the phone was just too gross.
Only Taka-san and, surprisingly, Tezuka had agreed to help search for Fuji (Eiji would have expected Tezuka to dismiss this as one of Fuji's quirks and ignore it).
“Daijoubu, Eiji-san?” Yumiko asked as she came in.
“Hai, genki genki! Did you speak with Yuuta-kun, nya?” Eiji said, bouncing up.
“Hai, demo... he hasn't seen Syuusuke either, he'll come by later to help search though. Don't worry, we'll find him!” she smiled just like Fujiko.
At that moment, the doorbell rang.
“Nya, that has to be Tezuka-buchou and Taka-san!” Eiji exclaimed happily as he bounced towards the door.
Yumiko smiled again as she followed him. That boy just didn't know the meaning of the word `depression'.
Eiji swung open the door to reveal the usual stoic face of the captain of the Seigaku Tennis Club.
“Arre? Where's Taka-san, nya?” Eiji asked.
Tezuka didn't bother answering as they heard a faint, but getting louder with the second, “BURNING!”, and within thirty seconds Seigaku's number one power-player stood before them, panting.
“Gomen, I'm a bit late, I had to help dad at the restaurant.”
“Daijoubu dayo! Let's start, nya!”
Eiji was about to run of, when Tezuka spoke up.
“Matte, Kikumaru! We should search systematically, starting with the places Fuji is most likely to be.”
“I agree with Tezuka-kun, Eiji-san.” Yumiko said.
“Mou, hayaku nya!” Eiji was running on the spot now.
Yumiko giggled, despite being worried for her younger brother.
“Alright, let's check the shopping centre first and then the park, he likes to sit by the water's edge when he's thinking.” Yumiko said.
“We should split up and meet here in an hour.” Tezuka said. “Kawamura and Yumiko-san should search the park. Kikumaru and I will take the shopping centre.”
Eiji's bouncing reached it climax.
“Okay! Let's check the flower shop, nya!”
“Flower shop?” Tezuka asked raising an eyebrow, was Fuji really that girly? (AN: XD I love torturing Fuji as much as he likes to torture his friends XD).
“Cacti, nya!” Eiji said as explanation as he grabbed Tezuka's wrist and dragged him along, barely giving Seigaku's captain the change to walk/run himself.
 
The cell door opened with a shrieking sound, waking Fuji from his slumber and a child stumbled in.
Fuji rubbed his eyes and tried to adjust his eyes to the dimly lit cell.
He saw a child from about 10 years of age, rubbing his wrists.
“Are you all right?” He asked the child, whom by closer inspection seemed to be a girl.
The girl visibly startled.
“U-un. I'm sorry. I didn't see you there, Miss.”
Fuji smiled, his usual mask slipping in place.
“My name's Fuji, and between you and me... I'm a boy.”
Amused he watched her reaction, her eyes grew wide and she apologized.
“Oh, I'm sorry...”
“That's okay, I'm used to it” he assured her (AN: I'm sooo evil, poor Fujiko-chan XD).
“So what's your name?”
“Takada Haruhi” she said, bowing politely.
“Can I call you Haruhi-chan then?” he asked.
She nodded.
“If I may know your given name, then yes...”
Fuji's smile widened a bit.
“It's Syuusuke”
Haruhi nodded in acknowledgement and stifled a yawn.
“You should rest. I have no idea what they want from us, but it would be best to be well rested.” Fuji suggested.
For the first time since they met, Haruhi smiled.
“I will, thank you.”
 
AN: sorry for the long wait, I've been busy with school and I kinda forgot about fics all together *slaps forehead*
Please leave a review. Criticism is loved, flames will be used to burn my homework! ^^