Prince Of Tennis Fan Fiction ❯ Remember to drink your milk ❯ Desu ( Chapter 3 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Desu
 
No one can deny that conversing with Ooishi is more pleasant than conversing with Tezuka. In terms of pleasant conversation, the vice-captain wins hands down, that is, if you could make Tezuka hold a conversation for a fair comparison in the first place. However, Echizen knew that it would be easier to explain the situation to Tezuka. He would probably `hn'-ed economically and maybe nod his consent to early leave and relief of all first-yearly duties. Unfortunately, the captain was in Germany.
 
He knew Ooishi was keeping his promise of secrecy by the look of compounding stress on his face.
 
 
Now he had to deal with Momoshiro.
 
The second-year had been hounding him for days, trying all clumsy ways and means to sound him out. If Momoshiro was a diplomat, he would probably sell his country to five other countries by spending two hundred yen. And that is a bargain, that is. With his limited knowledge of Momoshiro, he knew the second-year would drop all pretences and ask the question directly. So he waited.
 
It took longer to explain the situation to Momoshiro than to Ooishi. “Ah, Buchou, where are you when you're needed?” And Echizen made a mental note to tell Nanako that his seniors found her voice sweet and gentle when he got home.
 
He rubbed the back of his hand across his eyes to stop himself from tearing. He found it strange for he had not shed a tear throughout the affair. However, Momoshiro was crying generously; fat tears rolled in torrents down his face. Any gathered moisture in Echizen's eyes vapourised, as he was crushed by strong arms into a hard chest.
 
“You must be so sad ne, Echizen. You poor thing! Don't worry, Nanako-san will get well soon.”
 
Echizen levered some breathing space for himself with his racket bag.
 
“Momo-senpai.”
 
sobsob… Hai. sob…”
 
“Don't tell anyone, please?”
 
 
“Did he say `please'?” Momoshiro wondered as he got ready for bed.
 
“Yes, he did!” he wailed, as he smothered himself on his pillow.
 
“What am I going to tell Kikumaru-senpai? He couldn't get anything out of Ooishi-senpai. He'd ignore me for the rest of my life, if I don't tell him. But Echizen said `please'. I can't ignore my kouhai(1)'s request, can I? With a question mark too!”
 
“Fine, I'd pretend I don't know anything. But senpai is so smart, he'd know. Ahhhhhh, Echizen! Why did you have to tell me? Why did you have to be so polite? You were never polite! You're an arrogant baka-chibi(2), remember?”
 
 
-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-
 
1)junior
2)kid