Prince Of Tennis Fan Fiction ❯ Remember to drink your milk ❯ Wasurezu ni gyunyu o nomde kudasai ( Chapter 4 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Wasurezu ni gyunyu o nomde kudasai(1)
 
Somehow, it did not surprise Echizen. It was a miracle that Ooishi managed to keep it confidential for so long. It was an even bigger miracle that Momoshiro was not the one who let the cat out of the bag. In fact, Momoshiro was reprimanded more severely than him, by Kikumaru, who was rather indignant about not being told. On the other hand, the vice-captain had apologised so profusely that Echizen was rather embarrassed. Apparently, Kikumaru had tricked it out of Ooishi. And Fuji was somewhere in the picture, though Echizen could not quite make out where, as Ooishi was bowing at some frequency whilst explaining.
 
That was why he was currently at the head of a procession, heading home.
 
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 
Breakfast was impressive. There were his favourite grilled mackerel, chawanmushi(2), tofu and seaweed salad, baked pumpkin, miso soup and his standard ration of milk.
 
“Enjoy your breakfast ne, Ryouma-san.”
 
“Ahh.”
 
“Please leave the dishes in the sink. I'll wash them later,” Nanako said with a smile before returning to her room.
 
Since she came home, her hair and brows had grown back somewhat. She was often tired and took regular long naps but she had woken up early everyday to prepare breakfast for everyone; Western-style for her mother and Japanese for his family.
 
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 
He was rather happy that his cousin had come home. He did not like the hospital. It was nice to see her in her usual clothes, doing her usual things.
 
There were a lot of visitors though. The regulars were a bunch of girls from her old high school. Echizen tended to leave the house when they were there. Sometimes, they would be so giddy that he was sure they were relatives of Sakuno and that Tomo-something. Others, they would have a mass weeping session. But they came everyday and Nanako seemed to enjoy their company so Echizen practiced quietly at the shrine's court every afternoon.
 
He had to bathe Karupin now. Nanako was not strong enough to do that anymore. Although Karupin would gladly soak in the tub with him, he found that the sight of the pet shampoo bottle was enough to agitate the Himalayan cat. It reminded him of Kawamura and tennis rackets. It was also very embarrassing to be running after a `bubbly' cat into a roomful of girls.
 
And there were always flowers.
 
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 
“Ah, gomen nasai(3),” Katou Kachirou shifted the bouquet of Golden Shower so that he could see in front, “Ryuuzaki-san.”
 
“Daijoubu(4),” the long-haired girl replied with a wan smile. She was carrying a homemade cake.
 
“I'm so excited! This is my first visit to Ryouma-sama's home!”
 
“Tomo-chan…”
 
“Hai, hai. I know we're not there for fun,” Osakada Tomoka said. “But aren't you excited, Sakuno?”
 
Her friend lowered her head with a blush.
 
DONG!
 
DONG!
 
“Nani(5)?” Kaidou Kaoru complained, as he held his hands to his ears.
 
“Is there a monk running amok around here nya? Who rings the bells at this time of the day? Nyaaaaa… my ears!”
 
DONG!
 
Momoshiro looked around the neighbourhood.
 
This is pretty near Echizen's house.
 
DONG!
“Could it be from the shrine behind your house, Echi-” Momoshiro looked at the stoned first-year.
 
DONG!
 
“Echizen! Echizen, daijoubu ka(6)? Oi! Echizen!”
 
DONG!
 
“Momo-senpai…” the short boy said softly.
 
“Nani?”
 
DONG!
 
He pressed his face into the chest in front and cried.
 
 
-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-
 
1)Please remember to drink your milk
2)steamed egg-in-stock
3)I'm sorry
4)It's all right.
5)What
6)are you all right?