Prince Of Tennis Fan Fiction ❯ Sick - Hyotei's NP (Naughty Pair) ❯ Chapter 1

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Title: "Sick"
A Prince of Tennis Fanfiction
By Andrea Readwolf [andrea_readwolf @hotmail.com]
Chapter:
1/1
Rating:
PG
Pairings/Characters:
Yuushi + Gakuto, Atobe
Genre: Teen-Drama, Teen Sexuality
Warnings:
fevers, thermometers, grumpy redheads, and concerned friends.
Spoilers: N/A
Summary: Yuushi's caught a cold.

Disclaimer:
Tennis no Ohjisama, characters and settings are the property of Konomi Takeshi. Original characters and story idea are property of Andrea Readwolf.


Date Started: March 2005
Status: complete
Word Count:
1334
 
"SICK"
 
"You're sick."
 
Yuushi blinked blearily and confessedly up at his partner.
 
"Dammit, Yuushi," Gakuto growled, pulling back from the other teen and glowering at the numbers on the thermometer. "You should have said something yesterday if you weren't feeling good."
 
Yuushi tried to leer, but it was a very poor simulation of his normal expression. "I was feeling very good yesterday," he murmured, but his stuffy-nosed-nasally voice wasn't very arousing. He tried to tug the other teen into bed with him, but Gakuto wasn't having it.
 
"You seemed to be feeling good yesterday, too," Yuushi tried some more. "I didn't know you liked snow so much, Gakuto."
 
Gakuto glared at him, refusing to get turned on by yesterday's exciting romp in the snow when Yuushi was currently lying in bed, very much sick. "Stop it, Yuushi. You are *so* not sexy right now." He jabbed his finger to Yuushi's nose. "You're sick. I thought geniuses didn't get sick."
 
Yuushi pouted, rather unhappy that Gakuto was refusing to crawl into bed with him and keep him warm. "I'm just as susceptive to common colds and diseases as you are. My ability to remember obscure facts and incidents has no relation what so ever to my immune system."
 
"Yeah, yeah, yeah. Whatever you say," Gakuto huffed, dragging another blanket off the spare bed--his bed--and throwing it over Yuushi's pile of linen. "You stay here."
 
Yuushi frowned. "Where are you going?"
 
"To class." Gakuto rolled his eyes. "Where else?"
 
Yuushi wanted to pout and sulk and had every intention of doing so... but... it was warm under the blankets, and he was so cold, and his head really did hurt, and before he realized it, he was asleep again.
 
*
 
A little more than an hour before noon, the door to their apartment opened, but Yuushi didn't stir at all. It wasn't until a voice invaded his fever-produced dreams that the young man roused.
 
"Jiroh said Gakuto looked down," Atobe mused, studying the boy lying in bed. "Are you that sick, Yuushi?"
 
Yuushi mumbled something in reply and turned away, pulling the covers up over him to fall back asleep.
 
With a sound of annoyance, Atobe found the thermometer still on the night table and shoved it under Yuushi's arm. He kept up a steady chatter of useless commentary as he went into the kitchenette and yanked open the small fridge, peering inside critically before finally selecting a sports drink. Pouring half the drink into a clean glass, Atobe returned to the bedside in time to hear the thermometer bleep chirpily.
 
"Sit up, Yuushi," he ordered, handing Yuushi the glass. "And drink this."
 
He noted the numbers on the thermometer reproachfully. It wasn't a very high fever, he saw with some relief. It would have been very inconvenient if one of his best players became seriously ill before tournament season started, of course. Still, Yuushi was breathing funny and looked as flushed as if he'd run a marathon.
 
"Cold," the other teen grumbled--and if he was anyone other than Atobe, he might have haboured the thought that Yuushi was somewhat cute like this, but he wasn't, so he didn't.
 
Atobe did, however, take the glass back before it could slip from Yuushi's slackened grasp and set it safely on the table top with the thermometer before telling Yuushi to scoot over. He hung his school jacket over a chair back and pulled the covers back a little so he could slip in next to Yuushi.
 
"Want Gakuto," the other teen mumbled, but he scooted over nonetheless.
 
Atobe was lightly dozing when the apartment door opened again to admit the room's other occupant.
 
"What the hell?" Gakuto groused seeing Atobe there, in *his* and Yuushi's bed, in bed with *his* Yuushi, and---"Why do you get to skip class and stay here, but I don't?"
 
"Don't be childish, Gakuto," Atobe replied, easing out of the bed as gently as possible to not jar Yuushi awake.
 
The redhead huffed grumpily, dropping his bag near the door and padding into the kitchen area and dropping a take out bag on the counter before heading to the bed. "I brought some soup from the cafeteria, Yuushi," he said, running his hands over Yuushi's face, his forehead, and then swiping some sweaty bangs back. "How are you feeling?"
 
"Is it lunch time already?" the tensai mumbled, struggling to sit up.
 
"Stay right where you are," Gakuto snapped, getting back up and returning to the kitchen for a bowl to pour the soup into, but a small amused smile was playing on Yuushi's face.
 
"Can I at least have permission to use the toilet, dear?" he asked, receiving a scowl in return.
 
"Fine, but don't die in there," Gakuto replied, watching narrowly as Yuushi wobbled to his feet and trudged into the toilet room, almost missing Yuushi's murmured reply.
 
"Ah. I know. I won't."
 
It wasn't until the door was shut behind Yuushi that Gakuto remembered Atobe was still there--mostly because the other teen was sighing as he attempted to straighten his uniform.
 
"I'll have him excused from practice today, Gakuto, but you still need attend."
 
"Yes. Got it. I'll be there," the redhead scowled. "Now get out."
 
Atobe looked at him amused.
 
"We have a test in science today," he reminded the other teen, knowing full well Atobe had science after lunch, and today's test was an important grade.
 
"Of course," Atobe frowned. "Yanao-sensei told us last week," he murmured to himself, but then he looked up sharply. "Don't forget, Gakuto. Don't be late."
 
"Yes, yes," Gakuto practically shouted with exasperation. "Now *go*."
 
Atobe was laughing at him--he just knew it, but the other teen did leave, and that was all Gakuto cared about, at the moment-- He just wanted the other boy out of his dorm room so he could take care of Yuushi properly.
 
Speaking of whom...
 
Yuushi was leaning against the doorframe, watching him. He looked both too tired to walk himself back to the bed and amused by something Gakuto was too prideful to think was himself.
 
"Stupid Yuushi," he muttered, going to the other boy. "Getting sick. Come on and sit at the table and eat your damn soup. I'll go change the bed sheets," he commanded, heading towards the shelf where they kept the linens, but Yuushi caught him up as he passed.
 
"Thank you," the taller teen murmured, pulling Gakuto to him with more strength that Yuushi thought a sick person should have.
 
"For what?" he asked, pouting and suspicious.
 
"For caring for me," Yuushi replied softly, tipping his face to plant small kisses on Gakuto's forehead... and nose... and lips..
 
"You're sick," Gakuto reminded him, and the other boy murmured something that sounded like an agreement as he continued to nibble at Gakuto's lips. "You'll get me sick, too," he complained but didn't try to move away.
 
Quite the opposite, actually, as he moved to press Yuushi into the door, opening his lips and teasing Yuushi's with his tongue.
 
"Mmm. You're feeling warm," Yuushi replied. "Maybe you should stay home, too."
 
They began baby-stepping towards one of the double beds--Gakuto's neat, made, and seldom ever used bed--and Gakuto fell back expertly onto the mattress, pulling Yuushi down with him. But the tensai did something strange--instead of pressing his advance which would have led to the shedding of various articles of clothing, Yuushi crawled up and *around* Gakuto, snuggling against the smaller teen with his head pillowed against the redhead's chest and sighing sleepily but contentedly.
 
Gakuto blinked up at the ceiling for a moment before relaxing with a resigned exhale. "Dummy Yuushi," he said softly after another minute, patting Yuushi's back. "If you wanted me to stay that badly, you should have just said so."
 
He sighed, combing his fingers through dark, messy hair, lips twitching at the sleepy sounds Yuushi made as he shifted closer, already mostly-asleep. Gakuto smiled and closed his eyes, too.
 
~owarimasu~