Prince Of Tennis Fan Fiction ❯ Taking Your Time... ❯ Confessions ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Take Your Time…
Author: Vid_Kid (a.k.a. Arii Vee)
Disclaimer: The Prince of Tennis is not mine. It belongs to Konami Takeshi.
Warning: This story is focused to the teens who are not hormone raged. Just the few actual romantics. So, if you want a more “Sexual” story, search elsewhere.
 
 
Chapter 1
 
 
“This is NOT happening!!” There was no other ways to put the words racing through in An's head at the moment.
An had just finished her “date” with Momoshiro, or as she and everyone else called him Momo. After a long, hard game of tennis, An just asked Momo why he asked her out.
 
============+Flash Back: (Two Days Ago)+=============
 
An was lounging around in her room, reading comics and relaxing after practicing against her friends at school. When her phone rang, she almost didn't hear it. But she did. “Hello?”
“An?”
“Momo! Yay! (^^) I haven't heard from you since the summer, how are you?”
“Ahah, I'm fine. Hey, An…?”
“Yes?”
“Can I meet you at the courts on Friday?”
“Ah, for a date~?”
“… Sure, I just need to talk to you…”
“Why? Is something wrong?”
“No, I just wanna talk, that's all.”
“Then why not now?”
“Umm… well, *ahem* I… well, uhhh… I'll just tell you later!”
“Oh… haha, okay Momo! See you later~ (^^)”
================+Present Moment+====================
 
After that game, An was sweating. She was breathing hard. She was tired! So that's why she dragged Momo over to the Soda Machine (and made him pay for her drink).
When she took the first couple of sips, she remembered her quick conversation with him earlier. She asked him why he was so awkward about it all…
 
“An… I really have to tell you this.”
“Momo, don't be so tensed~! What do you need to tell me?”
“An… please, promise me you won't get mad…”
“Why would I be mad? Just tell me. I'm sure it's nothing bad (^^)”
“I want you to be my girlfriend!”
 
An was in total shock. She knew that a good amount of guys had crushes on her. It was nothing new. But… Momo was one of her closest friends from outside Fudomine… She knew that he was sometimes silly and such when she joked about dating. It was merely a thing most boys her age did when referring to “love”.
But to her, Momo was just being himself. Not… crushing her.
 
“What?” her mind was filled with many thoughts she never noticed. Her heart raced faster than usual. The sweat from playing tennis turned into sweat from this situation. Once again, words flooding her head while reality remained silent.
“No! What do I do?! Momo is my friend! He means so much to me… but as a boyfriend? In a romantic way?! Oh! How did I get in this situation?!”
 
An realized she couldn't be rude as to keep him in wonder. So, she took a deep breath and began talking.
“Momo… I really do care about you. And I love how you're my friend. But… truthfully, I don't think we should do anything more than what we have now. I would never want to lose what we have! And… I…”
“… You don't feel the same way, do you?”
“… I'm sorry Momo… but please understand what I'm trying to say-“
“I KNOW!”
 
Momo yelled. There have been times he jokingly yelled at An for being so… well, for being An. But this wasn't like those times. He actually yelled at her.
 
“…”
“An, I'm so sorry! I… I just didn't think…”
“Momo, please don't put me in this situation. We just got into Year 3. We're nearly High Schoolers. I don't want anymore pressure than what's already given…”
“I know… but after this pass year, I just can't help it. I really want to be with you…”
“I-“
“Listen An. I really care a lot about you and I don't want you to feel unhappy about anything, especially if I'm causing it. All I want you to know is that I respect how you feel and I want you to be happy. I don't want to be in a web of messes either… So, next Friday, I'll be back here. And… I'd like you to tell me how you feel.”
“Momo… I don't want to disappoint you or hurt you or anything!”
“Tachibana An… I'll always be your friend and friends don't feel pain from these things [wahaha] (- -“)”
 
An knew Momo wasn't being 100% truthful. She could see the watery shine in his eyes from the rejection. It was hurting. A little needle, poking into her heart. So An decided how to respond to Momo.
 
“I'll be here on Friday. And I promise you that we'll be friends, no matter what!”
“Thank you An…”
 
So there. An said what she needed to say… “OH GOSH! IT'S NEARLY 6 PM! Kippei will strangle me if I don't show up to help make dinner now!”
An started jogging away, since she was still fairly tired.
In the distance where she apologized and left a standing Momo, she heard him yell to her.
“AN! NO MATTER WHAT HAPPENS, I'LL WAIT FOR YOU! PLEASE TAKE YOUR TIME!”
With a final smile, An waved back at him and then continued on home.