Prince Of Tennis Fan Fiction ❯ Taking Your Time... ❯ Realization ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Taking Your Time…
Author: Vid_Kid (a.k.a. Arii Vee)
Disclaimer: The Prince of Tennis is not mine. It belongs to Konami Takeshi.
Warning: This story is focused to the teens who are not hormone raged. Just the few actual romantics. So, if you want a more “Sexual” story, search elsewhere.
 
 
Chapter 2
 
 
It was Thursday. To be exact, 6 days after Momo confessed his feelings. And An was stumped. She truly was. So that's why, after hours of sleep lost to her thoughts, she went to Ibu Shinji, one of her best friends in Fudomine.
“Shinjiiiiiii!!”
SMACK! “*Saa* Yes An?”
“Oh… I'm sorry, were you busy?”
“No… I mean, aside from playing against the automatic ball machine… thing. Is something the matter? I sense stress in your voice *mutter* I wonder who's to blame now…”
“No, it's nothing much…”
“An, you're not good at lying. Just tell me.”
“Well, do you remember Momo?”
“Momo, Momo… wait, as in Momoshiro Takeshi from Seishun?”
“Yeah, that's the one.”
“… what about?”
“He asked me to be his girlfriend.”
“*mutter mutter*”
“Shinji (- -“) what should I say? I don't want to hurt him by rejecting him but I can't just give up myself! It's wrong! Oh, what did I ever do to deserve this?”
“Well, aside from letting the ball machine thing smack me in the face, not much at all.”
“I'm serious!”
“Well, so am I. But An, think about it. Do you really think that he likes you?”
“Of course! He told me!”
“He might be a liar, you kno-“
“MOMO ISN'T A LIAR! HE'S A SMART, FUNNY, KIND, CUTE AND-“
 
An stopped talking. She just listed 4 good qualities about Momo. Including “cute”. She now paused to think about how and why she said all that and why she got mad about Shinji's remark. It didn't feel like she was defending a friend. It felt… kind of warm inside. Like her heart was telling her to follow the path it's making for her. She now understood. She liked Momo! She obviously didn't “love” him as more than a friend, but she definitely like him more. With this is mind, she smiled and hugged Shinji. “You knew I'd react that way, didn't you?”
“*mutter* Indeed. You're catching on faster than usual Miss Tachibana.”
“Haha! (^^) Thank you so much Shinji!”
“Well, judging by how much you put your heart into this, I assumed you actually liked him too. You just needed to proper motivation to realize it”
“Hah (^o^) I'll never forget this! Now I gotta go home and get ready to see Momo today!”
With that, An started running home to get changed and tell Momo how she feels.
 
Before leaving home once again to go and find him at the tennis courts, An received a message on her cellphone.
 
=============+New Message: Ibu Shinji+===============
 
An wat day did Momo ask 2 c u?
 
===============+Message Read: Reply+================
 
Friday y?
 
==============+New Message: Ibu Shinji+===============
 
2days Thursday An. good luck 2mrw
 
==============+Message Read+================
 
And with that, An turned off her phone and started making dinner.