Prince Of Tennis Fan Fiction ❯ The Elements of Tennis ❯ Inui's Revised Surper Penal Tea ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The Elements of Tennis
Chapter Three
 
And the race is on at Seigaku, Kikumaru pulls an early lead.
"Kikumaru!" everyone shouts.
"I'm never going to drink that stuff," Kikumaru sticks his tongue out at them.
"This is the last lap and only the regulars are remaining," Ryuzki comments.
"Yes, and, as usual for the last one across the line, this is waiting for them," Inui smirks, holding up a large glass of green liquid.
The faces of the eight regulars go forest green as they pick up speed.
"NEVER!" they shout.
As they turn the second corner Ryoma spots a racket leaning against the fense. When he runs past in the group he grabs it and moves closer to Kawamura.
"Kawamura-Senpai, here," he states, getting the third year's attention.
He hands the older student the racket and the results are immediate.
"I'M BURNING!" Kawakura shouts as fire lights up in his eyes and he starts plowing through the group.
"ECHIZEN!" the remainder of the team shouts as Ryoma runs behind Kawamura and breaks through to second place.
"I don't see why everyone's trying so hard, it looks rather tasty," Fuji comments.
"Then fall back and drink it yourself!" Kikumaru shouts.
"But I'd rather watch one of you suffer," Fuji smiles.
"You're crazy!" Kikumaru screams as he speeds up.
Momoshiro tries to pass Kaidoh, which does not bode well for the bandana wearing tennis player.
"Don't pass me, stupid," Kaidoh orders as he pushes Momoshiro behind him.
"What do you think you're doing?" Momoshiro asks, pushing back. "Don't push me!"
Kikumaru does a flip over both of their backs and takes off after Ryoma and Kawamura with a smile on his face.
"KIKUMARU!" everyone left behind shouts as they speed up to catch up with him.
They all catch up to Ryoma and Kawamura within seconds just as Ryoma is pulling into the lead and rounding the last corner.
"Echizen," Horio celebrates.
"And everyone else," Ryuzaki smirks as the remaining seven spin around the corner directly behind him in one large pile.
"NEVER!" Kikumaru shouts as they all trample over the finish line.
Oishi, Momoshiro, Kaidoh, and Kikumaru collapse to the ground gasping for breaths as Tezuka, Fuji, and Ryoma remain on their feet.
"So, did they make it?" Horio asks Inui hopefully.
Inui looks at the stop watch in his hand and smirks.
"Bottoms up."
The faces of the regulars turn forest green once again at Inui's words.
"You mean . . ." Horio asks in a disgusted and disappointed voice.
"Fifty-three seconds," Inui announces as he holds the watch up for everyone to see.
"No!" Kikumaru screams as he tries to make a break for it, but Oishi, Kaidoh, and Momoshiro stop him.
"IF WE HAVE TO DRINK IT, YOU DO TOO!" they shout.
"No! I'm never drinking that!" Kikumaru complains as Inui pours the liquid into cups for each of the regulars.
"Here you go, Kikumaru," Fuji smiles as he distributes the drinks.
With disgusted looks, Kikumaru, Oishi, Ryoma, Kaidoh, Momoshiro, and Kawamura swallow the glass in one gulp to get it over with as fast as possible. Tezuka and Fuji, on the other had, drink theirs as if it is merely water.
"AGH!" Kikumaru complains as he grabs his throat.
He's followed by a chorus of echoing gags from the other five members. Ultimately, all six wind up sprawled out on the ground, exhausted from the effects of the foul drink.
"Look at that, there's still more, how about we all share what's left?" Inui suggests.
Instantly the six spring to life, sitting up and glaring at him with angry eyes.
"DRINK IT YOURSELF!" they shout. "ARE YOU TRYING TO KILL US!"