Prince Of Tennis Fan Fiction ❯ The Elements of Tennis ❯ Street Match: Kurai VS Kikumaru ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The Elements of Tennis
Chapter Six
 
Kurai hits the ball over the net so fast that Kikumaru doesn't have time to react before it is already past him.
"15-0," an onlooker announces.
"Well now, judging from the reaction of the other players here to seeing you, I thought you'd be better than this," Kurai teases.
"Ah, I'm just getting warmed up. You surprised me with that serve though," Kikumaru smiles.
Kurai bounces the ball in front of her once again before throwing it into the air. She leaps up after it and hits it softer this time. Kikumaru jumps up and hits it back using his acrobatic play. Kurai smirks as she hits it back over the net and right past his head.
"30-0," the onlooker announces again.
"Wow, that girl's making Kikumaru look like a complete amateur," another one states in awe.
"Maybe the Golden Pair isn't as strong as we thought," a third comments.
"Don't ever say that!" the second one shouts. "The problem is that Oishi isn't here to back Kikumaru up."
"A Doubles player should be able to play Singles well first," Kurai announces, bouncing the ball once again. "Are you not finished warming up, Kikumaru-kun?"
The ball goes up and she hits it. Kikumaru approaches the net and returns the ball to the back right corner. Kurai jumps up and intercepts it halfway into her court sending it into Kikumaru's blind spot.
"40-0," the onlooker announces in a shaky voice.
"You're pretty light, aren't you?" Kikumaru asks in an excited voice.
"You're not too bad yourself, once you get into the game," Kurai nods. "However, if you don't step it up a notch, it'll be match point before you even score a single point."
"Hoi Hoi, Nya," Kikumaru laugahs.
"Can this really be happening?" a new voice asks in shock. "Kikumaru, the acrobatic player of the Golden Pair, is losing."
"No way! This is just the first game," someone argues.
"This atmosphere is annoying," Kurai mumbles as she tosses the ball into the air.
Once again she leaps up after it, smacking it with her racket. It flies over the net and meets Kikumaru's racket as he jumps forward. Kurai meets the ball on her side of the court quickly as Kikumaru jumps off in the direction he believes the ball to go to next. Kurai simply adjusts he racket so that when she whacks the ball is goes in the complete opposite direction, flying behind his back. Suddenly Kikumaru's racket pops out from behind his back and hits the ball back as a smile grows on his face.
"Not a single point," Kurai mutters to herself as she jumps up and hits it back.
"50-0, game goes to the girl," the score keeping onlooker announces. "1-0."
"Come on, Kikumaru-Senpai," a small onlooker, obvious a freshman from Seigaku, cheers.
"Your serve," Kurai announces as she returns to the back of the court.
The remainder of the game fans out in a similar way, Kikumaru trying hard to get a point in, but Kurai blocking him every step of the way.
"Game and match to the girl, 6-0," the score keeper states in a shocked voice.
"Kikumaru-Senpai wouldn't score a single point," the Seigaku freshman complains.
"That girl is good."
The gossip continues as Kurai places her racket in her bag.
"Nice match, Kikumaru-kun," she calls back to the court where Kikumaru still stands in shock.
The cat crawls up onto her shoulder once again and she picks up the puppy before heading off, leaving the gossip behind.
"He's not so tough," Kurai mumbles to herself. "How can he be part of the Seigaku Golden Pair? There's just no way."