Prince Of Tennis Fan Fiction ❯ The Elements of Tennis ❯ Seigaku Placement ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The Elements of Tennis
Chapter Seven
 
The next day . . .
"Ryuzaki-Sensei, have you decided on an order for the finals?" Oishi asks as he catches his breath from the thirty laps in which the regulars had just made the time limit and escaped from Inui's new concoction of Penal Tea.
"Actually . . ." Ryuzaki's eyes wonder around guiltily.
The regulars sigh.
"We already know who's playing First Doubles, right, Oishi?" Kikumaru gives his partner the thumbs us.
"Right, Eiji," Oishi agrees.
"Finals are tomorrow, are we really going to be ready if we don't know when we're playing?" Momoshiro asks.
"Hmm," Ryuzaki thinks.
"How about we put this together now as a team," Kawamura suggests.
"That actually sounds like a pretty good idea," Tezuka agrees.
"All right," Ryuzaki sighs as she draws up a chart on the chalk board.
DOUBLES 2 -
DOUBLES 1 -
SINGLES 3 -
SINGLES 2 -
SINGLES 1 -
"All right, Oishi and Kikumaru already volunteered for Doubles 1 so . . ." Ryuzaki states as she fills in their names.
"Our Single players are awesome, but our problem lies in our first Doubles pair," Inui comments. "B.E.T. has two great Doubles pairs."
"And we only have one," Fuji comments.
"I'll take my usual place as the third Single player," Tezuka announces.
"All right, and Fuji, we'll need you on our second Single," Ryuzaki nods as she fills the chart in.
DOUBLES 2 -
DOUBLES 1 - OISHI-KIKUMARU PAIR
SINGLES 3 -
SINGLES 2 - FUJI
SINGLES 1 - TEZUKA
"I'll sit this one out," Kawakura offers.
"Are you sure, Taka-san?" Fuji asks.
"Yes, I don't want to risk letting the team down," Kawamura nods.
"So, that leaves Momo-chan Senpai, Kaidoh-Senpai and Echizen," Horio announces. "Who's gonna play second Doubles?"
"Oh boy," everyone mutters.
"Well, I suppose Echizen and Momo-chan Senpai could pair up and Kaidoh-Senpai could do third Singles," Horio thinks aloud.
"Yeah right, there's no way I'm working with him," Momoshiro and Ryoma declare.
"True, their last try at a Doubles match resulted in disaster," Inui thinks.
"Then we have no choice, Echizen will take the third Singles slot while Kaidoh and Momo-chan play as the second Doubles," Ryuzaki sighs in a tired voice.
"No way," Kaidoh hisses.
"I'd rather team up with Echizen," Momoshiro states.
"Who said I wanted to team up with you?" Ryoma asks.
"That's that, deal with your positions and be ready to win," Ryuzaki orders.
"Yes, ma'am," Kaidoh and Momoshiro sigh.
Ryuzaki startrs to fill in the paperwork for the match.
DOUBLES 2 - KAIDOH-MOMOSHIRO PAIR
DOUBLES 1 - OISHI-KIKUMARU PAIR
SINGLES 3 - ECHIZEN
SINGLES 2 - FUJI
SINGLES 1 - TEZUKA
Momoshiro starts to glare at Kaidoh, who hisses in return.
"That's enough of that," Tezuka orders.
The two do not stop.
"Kaidoh, Momoshiro, twenty laps around the courts, now!" Tezuka demands.
"Yes, Captain," the two mumble as they head off.