Prince Of Tennis Fan Fiction ❯ The Elements of Tennis ❯ Heaven's Flight, Hell's Plight Combo ( Chapter 13 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The Elements of Tennis
Chapter Thirteen
 
"Which?" Akari asks, spinning the old, banged up racket on its head.
"You're not really planning on using those old things, are you?" Kikumaru asks in shock.
"Why not?" Akari asks as she picks up her racket and looks at it.
"Aren't they a little old?" Oishi asks.
Akari sticks her fingers into the strings as if wondering if what her opponent is saying is actually true.
"Those rackets remind me of the one Echizen used on his first day!" Horio points out.
"You're right," Kachirou agrees.
"The strings are fine," Akari shrugs.
Kikumaru and Oishi make eye contact and shrug as Akari re-spins the racket.
"Smooth," the Golden Pair answers in sync.
The racket lands on smooth.
"Well, I guess fate's on your guys' side," Akari states, picking her racket up and putting her hands behind her head. "And I really wanted it to be rough."
"Who serves?" the referee asks Seigaku's players.
"B.E.T." they respond in unison.
"The old, ladies first routine, huh?" Kurai asks. "We'll make you regret that choice."
"Doubles 1 between Seigaku's Kikumaru-Oishi pair and B.E.T.'s Akari-Kurai pair will now begin. One set match, B.E.T.'s Akari to serve!" the referee announces.
Both pairs line up on the center line.
"Australian Formation VS Australian Formation?" Horio asks in exclaims.
"Let's do this, Akari, we've lost enough time with Hikaji and Mizu's match. Let's make up some time here," Kurai states.
"Right," Akari nods as she throws the ball up.
"Is she using what I think she's using?" Koorai asks.
"Already? Kurai must really be ticked," Chikyuu smiles.
The ball starts to come down but Akari makes no attempt to hit it. when it falls past her chin it suddenly disappears.
"Where'd it go?" Horio asks.
"Hoi hoi," Kikumaru responds happily as he jumps to the side to get the ball that has reappeared, just passing over the fence.
He hits it back over, strangely aimed right for Kurai. Kurai whacks the ball as if she were smashing it from the ground. It flies over the net and bounces right behind Kikumaru as he lands.
"Don't worry, Eiji," Oishi assures his friend as he prepares to return it when it bounces.
"Won't work," Kurai mumbles.
The ball bounces right back towards the net through Kikumaru's legs and hits the net.
"15-0," the referee calls.
"No one can stop Akari and Kurai's Heaven's Flight, Hell's Plight Combination," Mizu brags.
"Heaven's Flight?" Horio asks.
"Hell's Plight?" Tomo states in the same amazed voice.
"Ready for another?" Kurai asks as Akari prepares.
The ball goes up, comes down, and disappears once again; just like in the previous serve. Kikumaru gets in the way again, but this time his racket is blown away.
"Eiji!" Oishi cries out as his partner lands on his side.
"Sorry, Oishi," Kikumaru apologizes as he gets up. "That one was heavy."
"Yes," Oishi nods.
"30-0."
"I'll be prepared this time, Oishi, no worries," Kikumaru promises.