Prince Of Tennis Fan Fiction ❯ The Elements of Tennis ❯ Kenji ( Chapter 20 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The Elements of Tennis
Chapter Twenty
 
"Finally!" Shinzoo celebrates, jumping from the fence and onto the court. "I thought this match would never end."
"Uh . . . Shinzoo, do you have 'that'?" Kurai asks as she looks back at her partner, who still has a cloud of dark aura surrounding her.
"'That?' Oh yeah, I have 'that,' don't worry," Shinzoo nods.
"Good."
Shinzoo takes out of her pocket a racket polishing cloth and hands it to Kurai, who walks up to Akari.
"Hey, good job, Akari," she congratulates as she holds out the cloth. "You even managed to keep your racket semi new this time around."
Akari does not respond.
Kurai rolls her eyes as she raises her friend's racket up to a level where she can see the smudge clearly. With a small smile on her face she places the cloth on it and starts rubbing the smudge away. After three rubs she removes the cloth to reveal the shiny white handle that had been there before Akari had been enveloped by her rage.
Upon the sight of the shiny whiteness the dark aura instantly dissipates and a smile appears on Akari's face.
"Yay! It's shiny again! It's shiny! It's shiny! It's shiny! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you, Kurai!" she celebrates as she throws her arms around Kurai's neck tightly.
"Akari," Kurai starts, "let go of me, now. If you want a squeeze toy, Shinzoo is right over there."
Akari releases Kurai and transfers her hugging and celebrating over the Shinzoo as Kurai steps back, holding her black racket over her shoulder.
"Look! Look! Look, Shinzoo! It's gone!" Akari celebrates.
"Kurai!" a voice shouts from the audience happily, catching the tennis player's attention.
She looks up into the crowd to see a boy with hair down to his waist that is colored midnight blue and white. He wears a pair of fuchsia sunglasses, which hide the eyes that Kurai knows are different colors, the left one being neon purple and the right one being hot pink. His clothes are on the odd side, being an orange tanks top that goes down to his waist underneath a neon green belly tank top with blood red pants that can obviously turn into a pair of Capri's, not that he ever wears them as Capri's, but it's a nice option to have just in case. On his feet is a pair of simple black flip flops, but that's about the only thing simple about him, because even his nails are painted different colors. On his left hand his thumb is ice blue, his pinky is ocean blue, his middle finger is forest green, his ring finger is purple and his index finger is fuchsia. On his right hand his thumb is silver, his pinky is gold, his middle finger is orange, his ring finger is black and his index finger is red. So all in all, he's a pretty strange guy, and obviously stands out in a crowd, this case being no different.
Kurai sighs to herself as he taps on the brown digital watch on his left wrist symbolizing that she is late for something important and she knew exactly what it is. She meets Kikumaru and Oishi at the net with Akari and shakes hands.
"That was a great game," Kikumaru smiles happily as he shakes Kurai's hand. "We'll have to play again some time."
"Yeah! That sounds like fun!" Akari agrees as she shakes Oishi's hand.
Oishi nods and releases her hand as he turns to walk away.
"I think you can let go of me now, Kikumaru-kun," Kurai points out.
"Huh?" Kikumaru asks as he looks down at their hands. "Oops, sorry about that, Kurai-chan."
"It's just Kurai," Akari butts in. "She doesn't like the sound of her name with honorifics attached to it."
Kikumaru blinks as he let's go of Kurai and smiles.
"Then Kurai it is. We'll have a rematch later, and next time I'll win," he declares.
"Just try it," Kurai mumbles as she walks over to the bench and places her racket in her bag. "Mizu, I'm out of here. Don't let those slackers lose or I'll kick all of your asses."
Mizu gulps as Kurai throws her racket bag over her shoulder.
"I'm pretty sure we won't lose," Mizu assures her.
Kurai nods as she heads off the court. The weirdly dressed boy meets her at the gate and they head off together.
"We've gotta hurry, Kurai. Your recital is going to start in five minutes and you still have to change," he states.
"I know that, Kenji, I don't need the reminder," Kurai rolls her eyes.
"Hey, did that red haired guy give you his number?" Kenji asks.
"Who? Kikumaru-kun? No, he didn't."
"Man, that sucks, he's a hotty," Kenji pouts.
Kurai punches him in the shoulder, knocking him to the ground.
"OW!" he shouts in pain.