Prince Of Tennis Fan Fiction ❯ The Elements of Tennis ❯ Busy Day ( Chapter 21 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The Elements of Tennis
Chapter Twenty-One
 
"What was that for?" Kenji begs as he gets to his feet, rubbing his shoulder.
"I don't need to hear comments like that coming out of your mouth, especially not about my opponents!" Kurai scolds.
Luckily, the building for Kurai's recital is just across the street, and the outfit change doesn't take too long.
"All right, my little ballerinas, go out there and give it your all," the ballet instructor announces.
"Yes, Ma'am," everyone dressed to perform nods.
Kenji takes his place in the audience as the ballet begins.
When that is done, Kurai and Kenji meet up once again.
"You did great," Kenji smiles.
"Yeah, sure, and the day's only half done," Kurai rolls her eyes. "Don't you ever get tired of watching me do all of my dumb things?"
"Of course not, it's rather entertaining. Now come on, oh Sweet Prince, Hamlet is about to begin, and you still need to get into your first costume," Kenji smiles.
"Story of my life lately," Kurai sighs.
With that, it's off to the theater across town by bus. They arrive with enough time for Kenji to get a good seat and Kurai to check in, get into her first costume as Hamlet, get her make up applied (even though she complains and protests against it), and prepares to go out on stage.
Kurai never really liked having to do so many things, but due to the agreement she had made with her parents, she was forced into the extra activities in an attempt to throw her off on something.
Once Hamlet is finally over and Kurai has taken her bows as Hamlet, it's off to the final activity of the day, at the arena in the middle of town. This was one of Kurai's most hated activities that she was forced to join: cheerleading. Today was the day of the big cheer competition, the only good thing was that the competition was later in the evening and she did not cheer for her school team, she cheers on the town team.
They do their dumb routine and somehow manage to walk away with first place. Of course, this time, instead of Kenji congratulating Kurai for a job well done, this time he can jump around like a hyper nut case because he too was on the team and helped to lead the squad to victory.
"We did it!" Kenji celebrates waving his metal around happily.
"Wahoo," Kurai rolls her eyes as she stuffs her metal in her bag.
"Come on, aren't you excited?" Kenji asks. "We're number one!"
"Yeah, with no official team to cheer for," Kurai shakes her head.
"Someone's a little grumpy," Kenji teases.
"No, just tired," Kurai yawns. "I'm gonna call it a night."
"Already? You're no fun," Kenji complains.
"So what? Go party without me."
With that, the two split up. Kurai goes to Kawamura Sushi and orders some to go.
"Hey, you guys were awesome today," Kawamura smiles.
"Great," Kurai yawns.
"Tired?"
"Long day."
"I see, well, here ya go," Kawamura states while handing her the basket of sushi.
"Have a nice day," Kurai wishes.
She heads for the door and as she reaches it, the door opens to reveal not only the other members of Seigaku, but the other members of B.E.T. as well. Kikumaru enters without paying attention and runs right into Kurai, knocking her to the ground.
"Oops," he smiles apologetically. "Hoi, hoi," he chants as he moves to catch the sushi before it spills everywhere. "Nya."
"Nice catch, Eiji," Oishi congratulates.
"Thanks, Oishi," Kikumaru smiles. "Here you go."
"Hey, Kurai, what are you doing here?" Akari asks.
"Kurai's a regular customer here," Kawamura explains.
"Really, come on, you should join us in celebration, Kurai," Mizu suggests.