Prince Of Tennis Fan Fiction ❯ The Elements of Tennis ❯ Celebrate ( Chapter 22 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The Elements of Tennis
Chapter Twenty-Two
 
"Celebration?" Kurai blinks, still trying to get over the shock of running into them.
"Yes, of course," Mizu smiles. "We won."
"Yeah, your captain was just too much for Ochibi," Kikumaru agrees.
"Ryoma-sama could have won if it hadn't been for Horio and his big mouth," Tomo declares as she sends a glare at Horio.
"I already apologized, didn't I?" Horio complains.
"Speaking of Captain Seeshin, where is she?" Koorai asks.
"She probably went home, you know she doesn't like celebrating," Akari smiles.
"Neither does Captain Tezuka," Kikumaru admits.
"Well, what are we waiting for?" Shinzoo asks in an excited tone. "Let's get celebrating!"
"Yeah, come on, Kurai," Akari agrees.
"No, I couldn't," Kurai sweat drops as her two teammates grab her hands and attempt to drag her off to a table.
"Come on, Kurai, you've gotta lighten up a bit," Kikumaru interrupts as he starts pushing her over to the table. "Come on, Ochibi!"
"Ryoma-kun?" Sakuno blinks as she notices that Ryoma is trying to sneak away.
"Oh no you don't, Echizen, get back here!" Momoshiro orders as he grabs the first year regular by the collar of his shirt and drags him into the building.
Kurai is forced to have a seat, and to make sure that she doesn't run off, Akari, Shinzoo and Kikumaru sit around her. Ryoma gets stuck sitting between Momoshiro and Tomo, across from Sakuno.
Kawamura and his father finish with the remaining customers and close the shop for the celebration before he can join the group.
"So, you guys are treating us, right?" Hikaji asks.
"Of course, it's only right after all," Momoshiro agrees immediately.
"Yay!" Akari and Shinzoo celebrate together.
"Don't worry, everything's on the house," Kawamura's father announces.
"Really?" Kikumaru asks in an excited voice as instantly his arms fly around Kurai's neck.
His actions are replicated by Momoshiro on Ryoma.
"Momo-senpai, I can't breath," Ryoma announces.
"Did you hear that, Echizen? Free food!" Momoshiro responds.
"Yep, order whatever you want," Kawamura smiles.
"Fatty tuna for me," Kikumaru speaks up immediately.
"Ew, you like fatty tuna?" Kurai scowls as she tries to squirm out of his grasp. "Let go of me, that's gross!"
"Mm-hmm," Shinzoo and Akari nod in agreement.
"I've gotta go," Kurai dismisses herself as she stands up.
"You can't leave now, Kurai," Akari complains, grabbing her friend's hand to stop her.
"Yeah, come on, Kurai, we were just about to start up a game of truth or dare," Mizu smiles.
"In that case, I'm definitely out of here," Kurai insists.
"What are you, chicken?" Hikaji asks, blocking Kurai's path.
"Of course not, I've just got a busy day tomorrow," Kurai responds.
"What are you talking about? It's not like there's school tomorrow, just some practice matches," Chikyuu points out.
"Yeah, but unlike you, Chikyuu, I have a life," Kurai snaps.
"Don't tell me you have a date," Chikyuu states in an excited voice.
"Of course not!" Kurai snaps defensively. "I just have this family thing to deal with."
Suddenly, a sigh-like sound is heard from behind her.
"What was that about, Kikumaru-kun?" Kurai blinks.
"What are you talking about, I didn't do anything," Kikumaru swears with a sweat drop.
"Kikumaru-senpai, can I speak to you outside for a moment?" Momoshiro asks with a grin.
"Eh . . ?" Kikumaru gains another sweat drop.
"In fact, I think we need to have a group meeting outside real quick," Momoshiro declares as his smile grows.
With that, the Seigaku regulars head outside, Ryoma and Kikumaru being dragged by Momoshiro.
"I wonder what that was all about," Shinzoo comments.