Prince Of Tennis Fan Fiction ❯ The Princess Of Tennis: Revised ❯ Regulars ( Chapter 2 )

[ A - All Readers ]

PRINCESS OF TENNIS: revised
Chapter 2: Regulars
 
It was about a week later, and Ryoma couldn't take it anymore.
Ryoma: I'm gonna go sit with Ryo
Momo: K.
Ryoma walked over to Ryo. He was still sitting by himself, picking at his food. He looked terribly glum.
Ryoma: Hey.
Ryo didn't look up.
There was an announcement this morning about regular selection matches next Friday.
Ryoma: Are you gonna try for the regulars?
Ryo: Maybe.
He was still picking at his food. He dropped his fork on his plate and looked over to Ryoma.
Ryo: Ryoma, you still wanna know the reason I didn't make it to the regulars?
Ryoma was about to scream “YES”, but he didn't.
Ryoma: Sure.
Ryo took off his hat. But what Ryoma found out then, Ryo was really a girl. Her bangs, hiding in her hat, fell down to her jaw. Ryoma was dumbfounded. He just looked at her face for about 2 minutes. He was about to blush, but kept himself from it.
Ryoma: (having trouble finding the words) what's your real name?
Ryo: Hikari.
Hikari put her bangs back up in her hat.
Hikari: I didn't want to be on a girls' tennis team, it wasn't enough of a challenge. So I wore this hat and was a boy for matches. My opponent got mad because I was winning because I was so short. He hit the ball to where my hat fell off and my bangs fell out. Oh well. If you tell anybody who would blurt it out before selection matches, you'll be sorry.
* * * * *
It was the day that the regulars would be chosen. (I'm not going to explain the matches because I don't have the attention span and neither do some of you)
Coach: Well, everyone has had their matches, so now it's time to announce all the regulars. Three of our regulars from last year: Ryoma Echizen 8th grade, Takeshi Momoshiro 9th grade, and Kaido Kauro 9th grade.
Coach: As everyone expected, Masashi Arai 9th grade. Nobody expected these three, Kachiro Kato, Katsuo Mizuno, and Horio all 8th grade.
Coach: And the last regular spot, to the new kid at Seigaku, Ryo. (can't think of a last name right now)
After some other stuff, the regulars went over to the coach
Coach: The first practice is next Thursday. The first tournament is a month from then. Of course everyone know Tezuka and Inui, right? Well, I've gotten them to agree to come here for practice.
Ryoma, Momo, and Kaido thought back to last year, about Inui's special “juice”. They shuddered.
Inui and Tezuka walked up beside coach. Inui gave them an odd smile.
Inui: Hope you like the color blue.
Then he walked off. Ryoma, Momo, and Kaido stared wide-eyed and gulped.
The story will get better, trust me.