Prince Of Tennis Fan Fiction ❯ The Reunion ❯ The Meeting of Two Friends ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The Meeting of Two Friends
 
Ping! Ping!
 
Those were the sound of tennis balls being hit in the tennis courts of Seigaku Junior High. Many were practicing to perfect their tennis skills, given laps to run by the infamous captain, Tezuka Kunimitsu or were knocked out by Inui's Juice. No one noticed, but a young girl in her preteen in a white kimono with printed sakura petals was standing beside a tree near the tennis courts. The girl just stood there, emotionless and she was particularly watching a boy with cat-like eyes, wearing a white cap with an R on it. The girl just stood there watching him without budging and with thoughts going through her head.
 
“ Wah!!!!! Oishi save me! I don't want to drink that!!” Eiji, the acrobatic player, cried clutching his doubles partner, Oishi.
 
“ Inui-sempai maybe its better if we don't drink it?” Momoshiro asked with a scared look on his face.
 
“ Sorry! No can do. This new version will strengthen your muscles and liver. The taste was also tested.” Inui said with an evil smile, holding a mug full of black foamy liquid.
 
A scream was heard throughout the tennis court and everyone stopped what they were doing, staring at Eiji unconscious form ( a scary sight, foam from the mouth with his eyes still open with a look of horror). A couple of freshman went running to the bathroom with their hands covering their mouths, while everyone stood there waiting for the atmosphere to clear up from the horrible scene.
 
“ Hmmm….. Data. The drink works wonder.” Inui thought scribbling down the data with an evil smile.
 
“Everyone gather around !” Tezuka shouted with a serious look on his face. Everyone gathered around Tezuka except for Eiji who is now at the nurse's office.
 
“ The Hiroshita Tournament is around the corner and I expect everyone and the regulars..” Tezuka eyeing both Momoshiro and Kaidoh. “ to practice with no distraction. Is that clear?”
 
“ Hai buchou!!” everyone shouted and resumed to practice hard for the tournament.
 
“ Oi! Fuji, look at the girl. She's been watching us all day.” Kawaruma (sp?) told Fuji.
 
Fuji turned his head and looked at the girl who stood by the tree. The girl just stood there and didn't even budge when a tennis ball rolled at her feet. It seems the girl was staring at something or a certain “someone.”
 
“Woah!! She's cute!” Momoshiro exclaimed staring at the girl.
 
“ Fssshhh! Baka!.” Kaidoh hissed, looking at Momoshiro with disgust.
 
“ Arrghh!!! You wanna fight Mamushi?” Momoshiro yelled at the bandana tennis player.
 
“ Fssshhh! At least I can control my hormones!” Kaidoh retorted.
 
“ Kaidoh! Momoshiro! 50 laps for disturbing practice!” Tezuka shouted at the two bickering sophomores.
 
“ Hai Bouchou!” Kaidoh and Momoshiro answered, now both trying to outrun one another.
 
As practice went on and everyone was busy. The mysterious girl began walking at a leisure pace where the regulars were practicing. She stopped to watch outside the court and her eyes were on the youngest regular, Ryoma Echizen. No emotion showed on her face, but a small smile and at that point the girl shouted in English “ Hey! Ryoma!” Ryoma turned to the person who called his name and his eyes went wide. Everyone shifted their attention towards the youngest regular and the mysterious girl, and wanting to know if they know one another. Ryoma dropped his racquet on the ground and ran out of the court towards the girl. At first they just stared at each other until Ryoma embraced the girl with tears running down his face. Everyone just gaped at them.
 
“ You're awake! You're awake!” Ryoma muttered, tightning his hold around the girl's waist and burying his face in her shoulder.
 
“ GO-Go ( means older brother in Chinese) why are you crying? Aren't you happy to see me?” the girl asked in english with a concern look on her face.
 
“ I am happy to see you! But I thought you'll never wakeup. I'm sorry. If I've been more careful, you wouldn't have missed out everything for 5 years.” Ryoma answered back in english, lifting his head up with red eyes.
 
“ It's not your fault.” The girl whispered with a distant look in her eyes. Both Ryoma and the girl just stood there talking in low voices until someone shouted the Prince's name. Ryoma just groaned in annoyance.
 
“ RYOMA-SAMA!!!!” This shout came from Tomoka Osakada (a.k.a Phycho Girl) president of the Ryoma Fan Club. Not only she annoys him like hell, she manages to blast his eardrums to Pluto. Tomoka was also dragging Sakuno Ryuzaki, who was blushing from the embarrassing ordeal her friend was displaying and seeing Ryoma. Tomoka and Sakuno stood in front of Ryoma, but Tomoka wasn't batting her eyelashes at Ryoma, her eyes were on the mysterious girl with suspicion.
 
“ Who are you? And what are you doing with our Ryoma-sama?” Tomoka asked, glaring at the girl. The girl just gave Tomoka an expression less look, but didn't answer back. Just as Tomoka was about to yell out another question at the girl, Ryoma intervened.
 
Hey! Sandy, do you want to stay for practice?” Ryoma asked in english.
 
“ I guess so.” Sandy answered and together both walked back at the court leaving behind a fuming Psycho Girl and a shocked ( more like heartbroken) Sakuno.
 
Everyone was still staring at the two figures walking back to the courts holding hands with each other with the same thing running in their head. “ I can't believe what I just saw!”