Prince Of Tennis Fan Fiction ❯ The Three Guardians ❯ Prologue

[ A - All Readers ]

Author's Note- First fiction in this site. So please be gentle. Try not to give flaming reviews. Thanks a lot!
 
Disclaimer- Prince of Tennis does not belong to me. The anime is created by Takeshi Konomi-san.
 
Prologue
 
Two hundred years ago, Phace was a poor war-torn country due to inner conflict between the rich and influential warlords of different clans. They were all fighting for the ultimate power to rule over the country. This was because Phace had no king or leader. The ancient god Vynslado was once Phace's protector but he disappeared after the Great War of the Gods five centuries ago.
 
Phace was a country rich with fertilized soil, green forests and hot springs. However, the common people were very poor because their lords over-taxed them by getting most of their harvests of grain and cattle, leaving them with only meager portions to feed their families.
 
The internal war continued and the common people suffered in agony and silence until came the day when a savior appeared to them in a form of a young girl. She was Aygnus Vynslado, a direct descendent of Vynslado from his marriage to the mortal woman Nyss Kar, his high priestess.
 
Aygnus acquired the sacred jewel Yellow Crystal from Vynslado. With the power of the jewel, she became a Saint Protector and created the Blood Spirit Sword, a powerful weapon forged from her blood and her pure spirit. She summoned the common people together to assist her in fighting against the clan lords and overcame them in a fierce battle that lasted for ten years.
 
Aygnus was crowned Queen Aygnus the First and renamed Phace into Paradisus. She pardoned the defeated clan lords but made them swore allegiance to her. She ensured peace and prosperity among the people of Paradisus and there was no power distance among the royalties and the commoners.
 
Aygnus married her lover, General Rafaer and had four children. Before she died, she crowned the second prince Dysus King and made him promised only to pass on the throne through his bloodline and never through his siblings.
 
Now, the fourth king of Paradisus, King Ablis died recently of a strange illness. The king's two sisters too died when they were young from the same mysterious illness. His only daughter Lisaryl Vynslado disappeared when she was a month old and was never found. His queen was distraught over the incident and became barren. The throne of Paradisus was in danger of falling into the wrong hands unless three young ladies can find the missing heir to the throne.