Prince Of Tennis Fan Fiction ❯ The Three Guardians ❯ Chapter 1

[ A - All Readers ]

Chapter One
 
“Look, it's Princess Anshimo. She's going to play her flute.” Whispered the servants of the palace as they watched a young woman with long and silky marine-colored hair tied into high ponytails on both sides of her head seated on the edge of the palace fountain. Her emerald eyes were closed as she gently blew on her emerald green jade flute. A sweet melody filled the air and the servants could not help stop doing their duties and listen to the tune.
 
The servants gasped when they noticed two ladies silently approached Anshimo. They were Duchess Inyuki and Duchess Yokori. Inyuki was had neck-length silver hair with a few strands of fringes covering the left side of her face and impassive black eyes. Yokori had auburn wavy hair that reached her waist and vivid amber eyes. They were about the same height except Kuroyuki, as she was the shortest because of her petite figure.
 
The three of them were direct descendants of King Dysus. Anshimo was the daughter of Prince Hack Vynslado, first cousin of the deceased King and son of Grand Prince Sudim. Inyuki was the daughter of Duke Lana Sufuc, and Yokori was daughter of Duke Shapo. The dukes were second cousins-in-law of the King and their wives were sisters, daughters of Grand Princess Belbel. Yokori, being 24 years old was the eldest among the three. Inyuki was 23 and Anshimo was 21 years old. The three were best friends since childhood and each of them were famous and idolized by the elder and younger generations throughout the country for their distinctive beauty and abilities.
 
Anshimo was a cool and serene beauty and quite easygoing. She was also called the `Wanderer' because of her love for freedom and had a tendency to disappear from the palace from time to time to go wandering over countryside. She liked to play her flute and drink high quality wine. She had been drinking since she was three but only limit herself to drinking in small quantities everyday.
 
Inyuki was known as `Healer' and highly skilled in medication. She liked to read and play chess. Her icy beauty and high intelligence made her the idol of all the women in Paradisus, except her two cousins. She was generally cold and impassive except when she was with Anshimo and Yokori.
 
Yokori's nickname was `Fiera' because of her fiery beauty. She liked riding horses and archery. Not only that, she was excellent with flying daggers and could hit targets as far as fifty feet away. She was proud of both her gorgeous looks and her abilities. She made enemies with most of the ministers of the royal court because of her disregard of them. However, they cannot do anything because of her royal status and she and the other two were very favored by the King.
 
Their legendary beauty and abilities made them prized brides for all the rich and royal eligible bachelors of the country. However, none of the girls had any intention to marry even though their parents were anxious for them. After all, they do not want their daughters to be old maids.
 
“Anshimo, Furei has called for an important meeting with the ministers in the court. They requested that we should attend as well.” Said Inyuki.
 
“Oh, I wondered what it is about.” Mused Anshimo. She got up and slipped her flute into its green velvet pouch that hanged around her waist. The three young women walked slowly towards the court, which was located in the center of the palace.
 
“Hm, those old fools only knew how to make stupid decisions without even thinking about the consequences.” Yokori sniffed in disdain.
 
“I wonder if it had something to do with the successor of the throne? After all, Uncle Ablis had passed away for nearly three months.” Wondered Inyuki.
 
“Whatever, we're late for the meeting already.” Said Yokori. She saw Furei waving at them into the hall impatiently. The three merely continued their slow and unhurried pace.
 
Furei looked irritated when they approached him. However he refused to comment on their lateness. After all, he had taught them long enough to know that being fashionably late was a trait for them, especially Anshimo.
 
“You're late.” Was all Furei could say as he ushered them into the court where the thirty ministers were waiting. The girls were surprised to see that their parents were there as well. In addition, representatives of the royal families descended from Queen Aygnus' other three children, Prince Dymo, Prince Dyir and Princess Fefrica were too present.
 
“Okay, I'm having a bad feeling about this meeting.” Muttered Yokori.